• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Voyager Recovered By Alien Life? Possibly.

Let's see: if my radio starts giving me nothing but static and interference, do I
a) Assume I'm receiving cryptic communications from the dead, assorted spirits, transdimensional beings or aliens
b) Think "Bugger, I need a new radio".

Oh never mind, I give up.

But for anyone who's interested: Voyager has been travelling for longer than quite a few people on this forum have been alive. It's been subjected to micro-meteorites, cosmic rays, assorted other forms of radiation and things I know nothing about owing to not being an astrophysicist or spacecraft designer. But it's definitely been around. So I'm not surprised if it should be having communication issues after all this time. I'm much the same way myself after a few pints.

Let's see: if my radio starts giving me nothing but static and interference, do I
a) Assume I'm receiving cryptic communications from the dead, assorted spirits, transdimensional beings or aliens
b) Think "Bugger, I need a new radio".

Oh never mind, I give up.

But for anyone who's interested: Voyager has been travelling for longer than quite a few people on this forum have been alive. It's been subjected to micro-meteorites, cosmic rays, assorted other forms of radiation and things I know nothing about owing to not being an astrophysicist or spacecraft designer. But it's definitely been around. So I'm not surprised if it should be having communication issues after all this time. I'm much the same way myself after a few pints.

I'm amazed it is even sending back, to be honest.That's deep space (9 :}).

I'm amazed it is even sending back, to be honest.That's deep space (9 :}).

I've read some information( a liittle amount) on the internet. Were it has been claimed that Voyager received a signal from The planet Neptune. Nasa, i believe put out something on their website; saying "they shut down "Voyager 2" because something went wrong with it, but rumours are circulating now, it was a cover-up by Nasa and there was no shut down. They are now IN-FACT trying to decode the signal behind the scenes according to these rumours .. I have no reason to believe that is the case, it just something i read online last night.

It like this, Voyager has been out there in space since the seventies and the technology is old technology by today's standards. So i dont dismiss the possibility, this was just Voyager crying for help here "Please" i need repair, i want to be replaced, i am getting too old for this job.

I've read some information( a liittle amount) on the internet. Were it has been claimed that Voyager received a signal from The planet Neptune. Nasa, i believe put out something on their website; saying "they shut down "Voyager 2" because something went wrong with it, but rumours are circulating now, it was a cover-up by Nasa and there was no shut down. They are now IN-FACT trying to decode the signal behind the scenes according to these rumours .. I have no reason to believe that is the case, it just something i read online last night.

It like this, Voyager has been out there in space since the seventies and the technology is old technology by today's standards. So i dont dismiss the possibility, this was just Voyager crying for help here "Please" i need repair, i want to be replaced, i am getting too old for this job.

It's quite possible that the "mysterious signals" are just garbled data. Voyager is, as you said, ancient technology by today's standards. A failure could cause, for example, a bit to be shifted in some funny hard-to-predict way every other byte of data transmitted. It would look like alien gobbledegook.

It's quite possible that the "mysterious signals" are just garbled data. Voyager is, as you said, ancient technology by today's standards. A failure could cause, for example, a bit to be shifted in some funny hard-to-predict way every other byte of data transmitted. It would look like alien gobbledegook.

All options are on the table to be looked at Adam. But, from what i read, and it was an interesting read, to say the least. The data "NASA received back, last week or so, was in English nothing really shocking or surprising here, but, according to the rumours. There was another unknown language (NOT OF THIS EARTH) also transmitting stuff here, which Nasa according to the rumours again, couldn't or was unable to decipher with their equipment. That is why (SPECULATION) here
" NASA put out a statement saying something went wrong, and they shut it down.

Who can tell for sure, what happened here, but i remain open-minded, since Nasa has a higher authority to answer to, with it comes to security matters. Also.. any unknown signal received would be undoubtedly hushed up and we be stupid to think otherwise here. But the answer could be a simple one. Voyager 2 had technology problems?

Does he work with AT&T or Verizon data plan? Perhaps NASA forgot to pay, I told them to install iPad 3G but AT&T was against this idea - can you imagine the amount of data he'd sent since the late 70th?

Doesn't make lot of sense does it,

Actually no sense whatsoever.

Think about it, if it's been running for 30+ years, the protocols to shut it down an/or power it up may not be working...even if the electronics are in good working order, would a shut down/power up cycle cause a peak in electrical draw that the craft couldn't recover from?

Despite the official word, I would say that NASA is throwing a screen pass here and is continuing to monitor the signals.

My question is this: why would they let this tidbit of information slip?

Think about it, if it's been running for 30+ years, the protocols to shut it down an/or power it up may not be working...even if the electronics are in good working order, would a shut down/power up cycle cause a peak in electrical draw that the craft couldn't recover from?

Despite the official word, I would say that NASA is throwing a screen pass here and is continuing to monitor the signals.

If they are getting a signal they would need to explain its oddness. They are not the only ones listening. Surely there are other people on Earth that can receive these signals and run them through an interpretive processor. Right?

They've claimed they shut it down, ok, i don't believe that for a number of reasons, .. i would suggest they Quarantined the follow of information to other sources outside of their control? That would be my theory anyway. They would have to, wouldn't they, and Ron summed it up pretty well.. " Also..Nobody in their right mind, can be positive, this was a signal from another World; an Intelligent call back here, saying hello. I'm speculating here, based on the tidbits of information that is available to us and Nasa strange behaviour also add's further to the rumours.

Back