• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Unbelievable

Here in the colonies, I have something called Medicare Advantage, which is Medicare administered by a private insurance company. I've heard of problems, but the company I use offers decent service and copays aren't as high as I feared. I still owe a few after seven surgical procedures since the summer of 2021.

Here in the colonies, I have something called Medicare Advantage, which is Medicare administered by a private insurgeance company. I've heard of problems, but the company I use offers decent service and copays aren't as high as I feared. I still owe a few after seven surgical procedures since the summer of 2021.
Actually Gene for America your plan sounds quite good.

The best is that it is no extra charge beyond what is deducted for regular Medicare. I suppose that isn't bad. They also add a few extras, such as free annual eye exams, discounts on glasses, a mail order pharmacy with slightly lower copays and other stuff.

The best is that it is no extra charge beyond what is deducted for regular Medicare. I suppose that isn't bad. They also add a few extras, such as free annual eye exams, discounts on glasses, a mail order pharmacy with slightly lower copays and other stuff.
That sounds ok Gene. I was always sorry that when I was earning good money I didn't sign up for BUPA or another health company to let me bypass the NHS in times of urgency.

This moron doesn't actually look into the causes of the higher numbers. He mostly just makes idiotic comments about the numbers.

He then jumps into young athletes dying from heart attack in recent years, which is hardly an unknown cause. So why is it there?

Of course, it would require someone with an ounce of intelligence to look at this situation, contact some experts, and try to find possible reasons for these two situations. Beyond statistic anomalies for the "unknown" numbers of course. But that would require a knowledge of journalism.

How can you actually watch these dumb videos without getting sick to your stomach? I've tried, and I have to do it in stages. You are lowering my opinion of you, Randall, each time you drop one of these.

And the term "unknown deaths" may be linked to excess mortality, which is described in this article:

Anyone who cares can look up this stuff in a few seconds.

That sounds ok Gene. I was always sorry that when I was earning good money I didn't sign up for BUPA or another health company to let me bypass the NHS in times of urgency.

I do not pretend to fully understand the UK system, or the one in Canada for that matter. I do know that it was a lot more difficult to get affordable health care before the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a Obamacare) went into effect in the U.S. in 2010.

I do not pretend to fully understand the UK system, or the one in Canada for that matter. I do know that it was a lot more difficult to get affordable health care before the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a Obamacare) went into effect in the U.S. in 2010.
So we pay tax at source it's called pay as you earn,so our employers deduct tax from our pay every week or month and send it to the government. On top of this we also have deducted from our wages around 3% which is called national insurance which pays for health care, infrastructure and pension provision. The total deducted is around 22-23%.

I think they do that in the US as well.

Maybe however the tax usage is so easy in North Ireland - in here they say that no taxes are earmarked. We also have socsec fixed-% deducted from salary, but that goes to bottomless gov budget, not the real healthcare.

I think they do that in the US as well.

Maybe however the tax usage is so easy in North Ireland - in here they say that no taxes are earmarked. We also have socsec fixed-% deducted from salary, but that goes to bottomless gov budget, not the real healthcare.
No in the US they have to do their own self assessment each year so even if your a shop worker you have to send in Tax returns after you hit the Tax threshold. I think though their threshold is higher. As we both said previously the ordinary worker always gets screwed with tax.

Well we do that same thing here.. If you're employed the employer puts out the tax data based on paid salary, if you are self-employed you do it yourself. We have also threshold, but its really low. Like 13k/y.

.. the above is different if you take welfare money, then you have to give access to bank records. But otherwise gov has zero access to bank, needs court order.
They can here and if you don't give them access it's a criminal offence.
What happened in Sweden this week?
Was there a right wing takeover?

Oh, not really, its moderates who are going to be PM. Swing to the right yes though, the Swedish Democrats (right wing) got big income, so Social Democrats are out!

Sweden has been indeed been a Social Democrat haven for decades. Now its changes! Our other Nordics, we have had many different types govs over the years...

You know we have here sensible right-wing parties, and the nutty ones, like Christian party. We have all the time nutters pushing new actually right-wing fascist parties.... really all the time.... its well nuts!

I guess that is the downside of a proper democracy - the nutters can go for it! Here you need 20000 signatures for a new party...

You know we have here sensible right-wing parties, and the nutty ones, like Christian party. We have all the time nutters pushing new actually right-wing fascist parties.... really all the time.... its well nuts!

I guess that is the downside of a proper democracy - the nutters can go for it! Here you need 20000 signatures for a new party...
Agh ok that's good so it's just standard parties on the right of normal politics.
From the way the tabloids described it over here it sounded like the Nazis had got into power.

Weird... here in the USA the right-wingers are free-marketeers; as far from fascists as it is possible to get. Our Left is in favor of government control of everything- literal Fascism- so they named their Brownshirts in Black "Antifa" so as to fool fools...

Back