• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Unbelievable

Dear me, its not like that here really, we have always pending Nurses Strike and stuff. Covid drained the life from the workforce and many quit. Now there are nobody to do the work. Gov has kept the salaries low for decades, and now they are paying. There is no money - even though the socdem gov is spending like madwomen. There will be hell to pay, I'm just saying.
Yea well we have that problem here too and that's why the doctors are only doing telephone consultation s. My doctor told me if it's anything serious phone an ambulance or go and wait in A&E.

But your public sector doctor actually answers the phone? Here no. Nurse takes your message, calls back and tells you when if ever.

I actually renewed some my medication in the private recently, by just using chat! No voice, no video. Took 15 mins with no appointment, I just looked that the can was kinda empty and started chat. Costed about 50, and you still get the same public compensation for medicines.

With public ones, I'd be still waiting for appointment, as its not for anything life-threatening.

But your public sector doctor actually answers the phone? Here no. Nurse takes your message, calls back and tells you when if ever.

I actually renewed some my medication in the private recently, by just using chat! No voice, no video. Took 15 mins with no appointment, I just looked that the can was kinda empty and started chat. Costed about 50, and you still get the same public compensation for medicines.

With public ones, I'd be still waiting for appointment, as its not for anything life-threatening.
Well ours is not as bad as that. I do get my prescriptions ok and they are free of charge and they are delivered.

Hold on - free of charge? Nothing is free-of-charge here in the "Nordic sosdem paradise" here. Its maybe 20-50 still for personal charge for doctor visit, including the public sector.

Hold on - free of charge? Nothing is free-of-charge here in the "Nordic sosdem paradise" here. Its maybe 20-50 still for personal charge for doctor visit, including the public sector.
No not in Northern Ireland,here doctors visits, prescriptions are all free and the same is true in Scotland. In the Republic of Ireland they pay £15 per visit.plus their prescription charges.

Oh, that means that you are the free healthcare place, not us. In Finland it has never been 100% free, no matter what they tell.
Here we have state-determined "own risk" part of every healthcare thing, and you have to pay that, unless you are poor etc. you can apply for that from gov as well. But for us normal folks, its not 100% free.

Oh, that means that you are the free healthcare place, not us. In Finland it has never been 100% free, no matter what they tell.
Here we have state-determined "own risk" part of every healthcare thing, and you have to pay that, unless you are poor etc. you can apply for that from gov as well. But for us normal folks, its not 100% free.
Yea well here it doesn't matter if you earn one million or one pound it's all free.

Sounds reasonable, is there big progression if you earn a lot?
.. we here have huge progression, you minimize your income if you can.

And for older ones (say over 70), Portugal. That is so good that our gov is trying prevent pensioners moving.
Pension tax is neglible, and weather is nice to say at least.
..you probably can keep working...

Back