• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO sighting UK from the 50's and Nordic Beings

That is a very powerful, convincing interview, Kieran. Thanks for posting.

Absolutely. Also here descriptions of the beings what they were wearing and all match what Travis Walton claimed in his case.

This is a picture of Travis Waltons human alien do you notice the similarities between the two events?

s_starscape.gif

I can't find much on this one, but here is a reprint of the 1954 story:
Flying saucer terrified woman (bottom story)
Sadly, short on details. It'd be interesting to hear from the two boys, or to see if neighbors spotted anything.

Found a bit more from the NICAP site, based on UFOCAT:
Oct. 21, 1954- In Ranton,England near Shrewsbury, Jennie Roestenberg and her two children observed a disc-shaped, aluminium object hovering above their house at 4:45 p.m. Through two transparent panels they saw two men with white skin, having shoulder length hair and very high foreheads. They wore transparent helmets and turquoise-blue clothing, resembling ski suits. The object hovered at a tilted angle while the two occupants looked at the scene "sternly, not in an unkind fashion, but almost sadly, compassionately." (Sources: Gordon Creighton,FSR Special Issue #1: The Humanoids, p. 4; Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings, p. 236, case 298).

Further Update- This book identifies another witness, Mrs. Violet Wilding:
They Rode in Space Ships by Gavin Gibbons 1957
books

Another video testimonial of the sighting by Mrs. Roestenberg, this time featured on Arthur C. Clark's Mysterious World from 1980. For some reason, I was less convinced by her description in this version, probably because of all the details she claimed to be able to see inside the craft. It is interesting to watch her facial expressions, as she's quite animated in both versions. Her story is found just over 15 minutes in:

Sentry she's describing the exact same thing on the other video as to this one. What details other then seeing the UFO occupants inside the UFO are you talking about?

I didn't compare them in one sitting, so I can't be sure if the details of her story vary at all. Having just watched this version though, I was struck by her being able to see and recall details as distinct as the color of their clothing, length of their hair, and their facial expressions. She was even able to characterize the look in their eyes.
I'd have trouble with a witness claiming to get all that from seeing someone unusual in a car.

I didn't compare them in one sitting, so I can't be sure if the details of her story vary at all. Having just watched this version though, I was struck by her being able to see and recall details as distinct as the color of their clothing, length of their hair, and their facial expressions. She was even able to characterize the look in their eyes.
I'd have trouble with a witness claiming to get all that from seeing someone unusual in a car.

I've a good memory the first video she's talks about the beings being human like having blonde hair been dressed in blue ski outfits and their facial expressions she described in the first video. She also describes them wearing a see through helmet over their heads (first video) Thats why i posted the Travis Walton image of the beings he saw. The beings he saw and this women saw are remarkably similar!!

She saw the UFO above our house she wasn't in a car. The noise she heard brought herself and her children outside the house to have a look.

I worded that poorly. What I was trying to say was:
If instead, the beings had just been riding in a car, then I'd find the level of detail she reported incredible. Incredible as in not credible. Everything about her posture and expression indicates that she felt something as it happened and since. My take is that those feelings have caused her to interpret motives and emotions that may not have been present in any beings she may have seen.

I worded that poorly. What I was trying to say was:
If instead, the beings had just been riding in a car, then I'd find the level of detail she reported incredible. Incredible as in not credible. Everything about her posture and expression indicates that she felt something as it happened and since. My take is that those feelings have caused her to interpret motives and emotions that may not have been present in any beings she may have seen.

If the car was moving it would be difficult to discern who was in the car and what they were wearing and so forth. But if the car was in a stationary position that would not be the case.

This women claimed this UFO was stationary and just above her house roof. She also claimed the top half of the UFO had windows and beings were looking at her through the windows. If true this is what happened then what she's describes isn't impossible. I think they showed her house in the first video, so if the UFO was just above that roof, she probably would have seen plenty without the need for a visual aid to help her.

I took an interest in this story some years ago, but just got around to writing an article on it.

Mrs. Jessie Roestenburg was considered a particularly credible and sincere UFO witness. Her Oct. 21, 1954 sighting is famous, but it was neither the beginning or the end of her family's paranormal encounters.
Jessie Roestenburg’s 1954 UFO Encounter and Beyond
Nice to have those additional details about the video! I hope you don't mind if I use some of it on the USI site and include a link over to Blue Blurry Lines.

Back