• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO releasing dozens of "spheres" over Mexico.

Free episodes:

Wow...thanks for the update. I think the 2nd video makes it a little harder to dismiss this as CGI trickery. Not impossible, but a little less likely. Watching this I am reminded of the scene in The Little Prince where the turkish astronomer is deemed less credible because he "speaks and dresses funny".....I wonder how many English speakers automatically assume that because it's from Mexico it must therefore be faked. I hope Biedny gets a chance to see this and chime in on the appearance of a 2nd video.

David would you be willing to at least comment on the previous page notion that it was a particular post prod. effect? Do you agree with that persons analysis?

Two things struck me about the original video apart from the fact that it looks very impressive. Firstly why did the guy stick his mug into the camera? You have to question his motives if he is looking for some kind of kudos. He also looks pretty matter of fact like this is a regular occurrance. Secondly Jaime Maussan. Enough said.

It could all be Fake! The fast moving spheres could be CGI after the guy made a string of balloons.

Remember Jamie Mausan said: "IS NOT A BALLOON."

David would you be willing to at least comment on the previous page notion that it was a particular post prod. effect? Do you agree with that persons analysis?

http://media.abovetopsecret.com/videoplayer/3425.swf

Go back and take a look especially midway through the video - if that's not a flapping bird I'll eat my hat.

I would have emailed that guy and asked him if he ever did any more work on his trapcode emitter project, but ATS refuses to let me log in.. says my password is incorrect even though I reset it 3 times.. oh well.

One could say that simply because its possible to emulate the blobs in CG then that is not proof the goblets must be fake.. BUT when you factor in the clearly flapping bird center object, it throws everything out the window.

If someone looks at that stabilized video and thinks it's NOT a flapping bird but something else, I'd love to hear what they think it is. I can't think of anything else that fits the facts.

i would flap like hell too if i had spheres shooting out my ass... just sayin' :eek:

No, I don't agree with their analysis, for the reasons I posted on that thread. But, like I said, to analyze something from a small, compressed Youtube clip is counterproductive, IMO.

dB

Ahh ok, I havent read the thread on ATS. Will check out.

Jeff Hansen: I dont take anything Jamie Mussan says seriously so that doesnt really help.

I know this is an older thread but I was curious if anyone knows anything new about this video? Thanks.

I have never seen this before. At first shake the movement of the balls seems very odd but structured. As if they are moving in relation to an unseen tether point but also to mask that structured motion they are allowed to move up and down randomly within a tight parameter. The best i can liken this to is that ridiculously annoying javascript mouse follower thing that was popular on personal websites circa 2000. The mouse pointer was the tether and the trailing words or whatever would follow a set pattern of movement in relation to that mouse pointer. Super annoying.

At 4:39 I see the objects flying out from the center mass. You can almost see a path line.. Or that could just be my mind wanting to draw a solid line there.

At 4:59 you can start to see the weird mouse follow like motion of the balls.

If it is a hoax, then it might be that type of motion graphic function. If not it could be an indication that the craft can be navigationally linked. Essentially creating a real life mouse follow scenario. Who knows why that would be a desirable.

It may also be birds. It now strikes me as very bird like flight. Either way it is not cut and dried as to what it is.

http://media.abovetopsecret.com/videoplayer/3425.swf

Go back and take a look especially midway through the video - if that's not a flapping bird I'll eat my hat.

I would have emailed that guy and asked him if he ever did any more work on his trapcode emitter project, but ATS refuses to let me log in.. says my password is incorrect even though I reset it 3 times.. oh well.

One could say that simply because its possible to emulate the blobs in CG then that is not proof the goblets must be fake.. BUT when you factor in the clearly flapping bird center object, it throws everything out the window.

If someone looks at that stabilized video and thinks it's NOT a flapping bird but something else, I'd love to hear what they think it is. I can't think of anything else that fits the facts.

Whoa, just watched this clip and it completely verifies for me that it's a bird. So the guy was filming a bird and added particle effects later.

Even by zooming in on a crappy youtube vid the bird is recognizable. Yet Maussan, who would have had access to the sharper original, apparently didn't do that simple thing before putting it on TV. :(

Back