• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO over Jerusalem--- Don check this out

Sorry David doesn't want me to quote him so I guess you'll have to check out facebook for yourself if you can but I think it's significant that he gives this the thumbs up.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Here's a link to some individual frames I think from the fourth video which David has been analyzing and has made public. You can probably view some of his comments there too.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=330286&id=585321188&l=f124ff5f7a

It probably wouldn't be a good hoax without a "witness" or two right?? Seriously though, there would be at least hundreds of witnesses. This IMO would have been major news the second it happened. We are talking about a major urban area where LOTS of people are. Not to mention security, possible military reaction, and many news sources.

I guess I don't see why people are hung up on analyzing a video without the surge of witness testimony that should undoubtedly be present. And there shouldn't just be like one guy, there should have been scores of witnesses talking right after this happened. That is a problem I think.

There still isnt enough witnesses to do anything with this case. Its frusterating all we have is VIDEO

Until they talk this is about as far as this will go.

Egypt kind of took the attention away from this

I am putting this one in my overflowing GREY BASKET

There still isnt enough witnesses to do anything with this case. Its frusterating all we have is VIDEO

Until they talk this is about as far as this will go.

Egypt kind of took the attention away from this

I am putting this one in my overflowing GREY BASKET

Agreed. Despite the credibility behind the analysis, I am still reserving judgment, for a few reasons.
1) The lack of witnesses is highly suspect. *Although an argument can be made that the best place for a phenomenon of this magnitude to hide is in broad daylight. It's almost like (if this is indeed legit) that whomever is behind this is taking one giant egoic piss on we humans, knowing full well what we'll do with even the most obvious evidence.
2) This is a big one here: Lack of video evidence from security and traffic cams to corroborate event.
3) Failure of UFO orgs and research community to respond with reaction.
4) The pitfalls of validating video evidence.

We're right back where we always are: handicapped by paradox.

BTW: I've submitted these videos to a buddy whom happens to be an ex-military photo analyst for his opinion on their validity. He also runs a thriving commercial graphics business.

Weather webcame in Jerusalem, if anyone is interested. You can access the database to review previously recorded material.

http://www.02ws.com/station.php?section=webCamera.jpg&lang=0

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Sorry to be clogging up this thread, but I've had some time to do some research in the past couple of days.
This teaser about the soon to be released movie, "Super 8" has me worried. Note the bolded text.

Super 8 - J.J. Abrams' tribute to Spielberg definitely has touches of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in the trailer with the truck and railroad tracks scene, and it would be nice to see this one live up to old-school Spielberg's standards. Things are pretty hush-hush about the movie so far, but it does have something to do with Area 51 and kids capturing something creepy on their Super 8 camera. The movie has already started a viral marketing campaign via the web and even snail mail, so it's looking to be one of the biggest blockbusters of the summer when it hits theaters on June 10, 2011.

I just downloaded and looked at the jpegs from DB's analysis. Excuse my language, but WTF?! These look entirely different from the previous ones. Unlike the other stills and video, the foreground, midground, & background elements all seem to match up. And the object appears to demat (dematerialize) on the last two stills! DB does it again!

I'm officially perplexed by this one. So let me see if I've got this straight. There are now FOUR videos out, one definitely a fake, the others...not so much. Reports trickling in from witnesses, but nothing concrete. And now we've got a top image analyst, and as the video guy for my company put it, "Photoshop God" now saying the fourth video is authentic?! I respect DB's analytic ability. If he's saying the fourth video's authentic, this now presents a VERY interesting scenario.

So where the three fakes put out at the same time? With the authentic one? Is this government disinfo? Is this a psyop
operation attempting to co-opt the end times "2012" fervor being worked up by more extreme factions of the various organized belief systems for various unknown purposes? In other words, is the "real" one real, but not in the way we'd like?

It's just strange the speed at which this all went down.

Curiouser and curiouser indeed.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Weather webcame in Jerusalem, if anyone is interested. You can access the database to review previously recorded material.

http://www.02ws.com/station.php?section=webCamera.jpg&lang=0

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Sorry to be clogging up this thread, but I've had some time to do some research in the past couple of days.
This teaser about the soon to be released movie, "Super 8" has me worried. Note the bolded text.

...OOOoorrr, it could all be part of a viral marketing campaign. Huh.

I'm still leaning towards this being a fake.Given the current situation in the Mideast, if it is part of a viral marketing scheme, I find it beyond reprehensible.

Just wanted to add this, found on another forum. I'm honestly baffled at this point.

219ee7dbeedf3f6e62116be.jpg

Notice the flightpath similarity between this event and O'hare. ( Descent and a quick rise back up )

Poking at purpose/intent... What do you figure these objects/drones are doing ? Sampling ? Testing escape velocity ? Picking up a hitch hiker? Lol

When Cousteau explored deep sea beds do you recall an occasion where he needed to pull his remote camera back up at breakneck speeds ? ;)

Just wanted to add this, found on another forum. I'm honestly baffled at this point.

219ee7dbeedf3f6e62116bedd4e6ffe36d8ea8ae.jpg

What are you trying to link?? I just see a red X....

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I don't see how this could be anything other than a hoax at this point considering the lack of scores of witnesses that we should have expected right after the "event" but check this out. I'm not a video analysis expert but this shows why ALL the videos are a fake, one by one. I don't know if the guy is right or wrong, but there it is.

http://www.thedimensionzone.com/forensic_video_hoax.htm

This last analysis seems simple and persuasive. Sane people will disagree about this of course, but it's also true that just about any movie or photo is readily faked. If there is no eyewitness testimony to back up a sighting, it's even more troubling.

That is indeed something to be worried about these days. I frakking hate hoaxes. It's still a hoax even when Hollywood does it and calls it "viral marketing" campaign (unless they're upfront about it).
But I checked Youtube and the stuff from "Super 8" is labeled as part of the campaign instead of some a "real" event. What's more, it doesn't really resemble the video from Jerusalem. So if the Jerusalem stuff is a marketing campaign it's probably for a different film.

is an example of something from "Super 8".

didn't intend to embed the video, just provide a link to it. But the forum had other ideas.

Hope the picture link works now. Hm, a hoax would still indicate cgi being used, I'm really on the fence about this one. It sure looks too good to be true.

This last analysis seems simple and persuasive. Sane people will disagree about this of course, but it's also true that just about any movie or photo is readily faked. If there is no eyewitness testimony to back up a sighting, it's even more troubling.

Gene ,
I agree man no eyewitness at that time of night should be plenty around temple and markets near by. In addition, smells like s.....is most likely s..... :) Where's the radar evidence and military eyewitness of pilots? Surely if this was legitimate the nations rapid response would have planes and choppers all around the location going by past events by eyewitness?

Gene ,
I agree man no eyewitness at that time of night should be plenty around temple and markets near by. In addition, smells like s.....is most likely s..... :) Where's the radar evidence and military eyewitness of pilots? Surely if this was legitimate the nations rapid response would have planes and choppers all around the location going by past events by eyewitness?

But this was 1am on Shabbat. I don't remember the hours of the markets or Wailing Wall, but I kinda doubt they're open at that hour, even in the Arab Quarter. Not all Jews follow religious observances of course, but I think it's important to remember the time and the day this happened.

Also, why do we assume it showed on radar? And there's no reason to expect the Israeli's are going to turn the radar evidence over to anyone even if it did. Also, why would you expect the IDF to allow it's pilots to give eyewitness accounts to the public? It came and went pretty fast (apparently) anyway.

Having said that, like you, I would expect some more witnesses to the flash at least! That was pretty bright. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend in Tel Aviv to see how it played out in the news there.

There is no point believing in this video because there is not enough information to do an analysis. The thing that piques my skepticism is that the clip is timed very carefully to only include the object, its descent and its departure, all with the camera filming from a limited angle in one location at night.

It's an interesting video. If it is a hoax, it's pretty well done. There are a couple of points that stand out in these videos.
1. It does seem to be a 'convenient' situation. However, it kind of makes sense. These guys see a bright light in the night sky that looks odd, so they start taking a video of it with their smart-phones. Initially, they're asking if it's a helicopter or not.

We never see what was going on before the UFO entered the filed of view. We never see the UFO enter the field of view. We never see the camera move from its filming position, we never see the rest of the filming location and we never see any other witnesess to the event at the same location. This gives a "staged" impression to the film, even if it was not.

It's an interesting video. If it is a hoax, it's pretty well done. There are a couple of points that stand out in these videos.
It does seem to be a 'convenient' situation. However, it kind of makes sense. These guys see a bright light in the night sky that looks odd, so they start taking a video of it with their smart-phones. Initially, they're asking if it's a helicopter or not. Thinking it over, from the videos I've seen of this, the 'staged' argument doesn't seem so strong to me. You don't see any video of the ufo entering the field because it hasn't been noticed as 'interesting' by the witnesses yet.

How could it be done? There are a couple of easy ways using amateur digital editing. The other way, which would give an impression very much the same, is to erect a piece of clear plastic at the scene and shoot through it while someone from behind uses a laser pointer to create a point of light on its surface that we see as the UFO. This makes the accelleration easy to produce. The flash you see is caused when the laser gets near the point of reflecting back directly into the camera lens.

Am I saying this is a fake? No. Am I saying it's genuine. No. I am saying that it wouldn't take much to fake it and it wouldn't be the first time we've seen fakes on the net.
ufology

I agree. It could be a digitally-staged fake. However, there are some interesting details. First, the argument that during the brief flashes, architectural details of buildings in the street are exposed to the camera that aren't visible outside of the flash periods. This effect could be done digitally, so it doesn't prove anything, but it is interesting.
Second, from what I've seen of analysis performed by other people on the net, the position of the background is consistent with true 3D landmark positioning; i.e., there is no evidence of a composite set-piece backdrop.

Interesting video; we'll have to wait for more info.

Hi guys,
The video analysis on the Dimension Zone (Forensic Video Analysis - Staking your reputation) is of course created with the only videos available, those on YouTube and Google, no original footage was sent to us, nor do I doubt it would be even if it existed. The analysis was straight and simple as a means of teaching a bit about spotting hoaxers and frauds.

There are too many anomalies within these Jerusalem videos to even consider them anything but a hoax and a fraud; and poor attempts at that. Let's just say I've seen better ;), and have actually experienced several sightings myself over the last 40 years...but each time it happened I never seemed to have had the opportunity to run and grab my video (or 35mm) camera, and let's not forget the tripod, before the bloody thing disappeared again!

It reminds me of a time that I was in Las Vegas when Barbara Streisand was giving her last performance at the MGM Grand, there were drag queens all over the place dressed like her... I heard an old man who caught a glimpse of the real Barbara coming into the restaurant before her show and he pointed her out to his wife, to which she replied, "The one by the slot machine over there looked more real that he did!"

The point of this anecdote (true story by the way), is that when we do get a REAL UFO on video, or other concrete evidence, there are always going to be nay-sayers. Even when one lands on the White House lawn and calls Obama by his first name!

For what it's worth,
Jari Mikkola
Editor - The Dimension Zone and The Journal of Anomalous Sciences
World Nexus Publications

But this was 1am on Shabbat. I don't remember the hours of the markets or Wailing Wall, but I kinda doubt they're open at that hour, even in the Arab Quarter. Not all Jews follow religious observances of course, but I think it's important to remember the time and the day this happened. Also, why do we assume it showed on radar? And there's no reason to expect the Israeli's are going to turn the radar evidence over to anyone even if it did. Also, why would you expect the IDF to allow it's pilots to give eyewitness accounts to the public? It came and went pretty fast (apparently) anyway.

Hi Brian,

The Worlds telecommunication would have tracked and had imaging data resolution already and centric communications when any contacts etc over a major city or towns.
Do you think IDF only works by day in all requirements ? Yes some market are open its a 24 h world my friend and tea houses.

Peace,
BF

Back