• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO over Jerusalem--- Don check this out

whats interesting is they are using the obvious fake 3rd video

There was one forum where someone said he saw the lights and was in some park from which you cannot see the Dome.
Here:
www.tapuz.co.il...
he calls himself

רפי27

How back asswards is the media? Proof that in some cases sensationalism trumps responsible journalism. I mean, Jeebus, all you have to do is a .3 nanosecond Google search to discover that video is a fraud. Wow.

This narrative about the "true nature" of the UFO phenomenon has been around for awhile and i have always waved it off as another case of loons highjacking religious symbols and stories for their wacko self aggrandizement. But Mr Redferns offering has caused me to consider that we have some pretty powerful and influetial people who really seem to be sheparding this thing and being very patient in building a ready made set of believers. There are a ton of UFO related cults in North America and of good old Scientology.

I think this bothers me more than anything else about the pursuit of UFO truth, that so many have been hell bent on spinning so many knots in the rope that we can likely never straighten this out.[/QUOTE]

Not to worry... the unknown is always split by religious and scientific views...

Science has won the earth is flat

Science has won the earth is the center of the universe

Science will win UFO's are demons

What else will they throw at us... the big bang was initiated by God?
http://seeker401.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/pope-challenges-big-bang-theory/

Pope Benedict XVI says God’s mind was behind all creation and Christians should not accept the idea that the universe was the result of an accident.

..... enough already..... this is getting old Mr. Pope lol

Thanks for the links Mike.

It's interesting the Israeli press is focusing on the third video, which is an obvious fake. Does this validate the first video? Jury's still out on this whole thing.

there needs to be an interview with the supposed witnesses, and an onsite investigation to verify their story. Are there other people unknown to them that can corroborate their story and their location at the supposed time of the event?

The main thing that makes no sense: I know they said it was 1am at the time, but no one else saw this thing? No one else got video? Pictures? called into news channels? radio stations? Facebook?

I'm still leaning towards hoax on this one until and if more evidence presents itself.

On a slight side note, the Utah incident looks authentic. What it was is less clear. It was very interesting though that both the male witness and the female witness's husband had experience with military flares. Just another one of those synchronicities that surround these phenomena.

The 3rd Video with the Mississippi tourist etc IS A FLAT OUT HOAX

THE NEWS MEDIA UNFORTUNATELY CHOSE TO USE THAT ONE FOR ALL THEIR MEDIA REPORTS.

Hmmmm, interesting.

But I am going to sit firmly on the fence for this one. Until some one can get their hands on these videos in their original form and "Analise" them I don't think I am going to be swayed. They all can be created easily using todays power digital after effects software.

The whole "Jebus" coming back in a UFO leaves me feeling a bit "UGH", tbh!

I THINK THIS CASE IS TURNING OUT TO BE A BIG GLOB OF GLOBBULISH SHIT PARDON MY FRENCH BUT WHAT A CLUSTERFUCK OF BUMBLING BAFOONS AND MANIACAL UFOLOGY WITH HOAXED VIDEOS TAKING THE FIELD BACK AND RUINING ALL THE PROGRESS.

sorry for all caps

but I am sick of this JERUSALEM BS

I CAM THINKING ITS ALL A BIG STINKING FLAT PILE OF HORSECRAP HOAX
HOAX

I don’t know guys, at first I was very skeptical, (which any scientist worth his or her salt must be), but I have looked at several translated news papers in the Jerusalem area, and it looks like there were a few folks who came forward and said that they saw the same thing. Additionally, I would have thought that an obvious CGI hoax would have been plastered all over the news media by now, (other than the debunkers who say that it is a fake, betting that it is, so that their egos will not be bruised). Like I said, when I saw the first video, I too thought that it was another of the thousands of fakes published on YouTube every week, but this story is sticking with it. At this point I think it is worth the cost to have someone to go down there and interview, and get a definitive analyst of the video. What is MUFON “Star Team” doing? If this is the real thing, (and this is still a big IF, but just not as big of an if as earlier this week), this would be the biggest UFO event in my life time. I am sure that in another week, we will be able to get a better hold on this thing. Just have to watch out for the true believers, whether debunker or tin foil hat types. Keep skeptical, but open-minded.

Nice emotion, but this really says nothing about the data. I too, can stamp my feet and wish this would go away, but in the end, it will be the data, and not our fear, or negative emotions that will prove this to be either fake, or the real thing.

Sorry guys and gals, this one is a fake. We really need to use some basic common sense on these YouTube trash videos. I am no video expert, but I did go back to the point where the object took off straight up. I think it is about 1:20 into the clip. The guy responds with a yell about two tenths of a second before the orb takes off, which means that he is anticipating the event, which means that it is fake. We in the UFO field do more to harm our creditability than any debunker when we accept garbage because we are so eager for the truth to come out. I am including myself in this tirade, as I too, would love to see a mother ship descend on Washington DC and once and for all solve the mystery, but I don't think that YouTube will be the source.
Watch it again. The guy was yelling at the flash just before it took off.

Just because of the area they were in ....would the air around that area not be heavily monitored for the safety of those most holy sites????

I am on the fence too. These are some observations I've made about the video(s) and the posts in this thread.

1. The flash does not come from the light itself. Especially in the video with the woman saying in Hebrew "atah metsalem?" (are you filming?) the flash seems to come from a patch of street lights or something. It seems with CGI it would be very easy to simply make a bright flash from a single point. And yes, staged or not, I think the guys are reacting to the flash first.

2. the Dome of the Rock is on the Temple Mount yes, and said mount is important to Christians and Jews yes, but the Dome of the Rock itself is not. It's Muslim.

3. The video with the Mississippi woman: like someone said, it looks like they're filming a frozen shot on a TV screen because when they get a close up you see some lines on the screen. But I don't know enough to say whether that kind of artifact might be from the camera itself. However, I'm going to embed (or try) a video here which attempts to prove the tourist video is from a still pic from Wikipedia.

4. According to a Hebrew site I found, the guy who took the first photo has been named: Eliel Gadliovitz (transliterating names written in Hebrew is difficult). Apparently it's the same guy who posted the video on youtube so it's not exactly "anonymous".

5. The most frustrating thing is that the first video, taken late at night on Shabbat, might have been real. But even if 10 real events happen around the world, all it will take is one college kid thinking he's bad ass and faking a "new video" for the world to go "Oh, that was fake? Then all of it was fake, let's move on".

This is where this starts to get interesting for me folks. Like most people on here I initially dismissed this as a cgi hoax.

But and I hope I don't get banned for mentioning his name :) i've just seen some comments from David Biedny who has analysed stills from the fourth video and he is of the opinion that this isn't a hoax. That is good enough for me. He's says it's likely they are genuine.

PS Just out of interest why isn't this discussion in the UFO forum?

I don’t know guys, at first I was very skeptical, (which any scientist worth his or her salt must be), but I have looked at several translated news papers in the Jerusalem area, and it looks like there were a few folks who came forward and said that they saw the same thing. Additionally, I would have thought that an obvious CGI hoax would have been plastered all over the news media by now, (other than the debunkers who say that it is a fake, betting that it is, so that their egos will not be bruised). Like I said, when I saw the first video, I too thought that it was another of the thousands of fakes published on YouTube every week, but this story is sticking with it. At this point I think it is worth the cost to have someone to go down there and interview, and get a definitive analyst of the video. What is MUFON “Star Team” doing? If this is the real thing, (and this is still a big IF, but just not as big of an if as earlier this week), this would be the biggest UFO event in my life time. I am sure that in another week, we will be able to get a better hold on this thing. Just have to watch out for the true believers, whether debunker or tin foil hat types. Keep skeptical, but open-minded.

Can you post the link to those news reports so I can translate them on Google and read them. Thanks

But and I hope I don't get banned for mentioning his name :) i've just seen some comments from David Biedny who has analysed stills from the fourth video and he is of the opinion that this isn't a hoax. That is good enough for me. He's says it's likely they are genuine.

Could you post a link to where he talked about this? It's topical, he's an expert and so I don't see how it could be controversial to link to it.

Could you post a link to where he talked about this? It's topical, he's an expert and so I don't see how it could be controversial to link to it.

Hi Brian Now. It was on his facebook page this morning (UK time). I'll post a link but I'm not sure if you can view it if you're not on his friends list. http://www.facebook.com/dbiedny

I'll copy some of his quotes if he is ok with it. I thought maybe I should check first.

Back