• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Investigator Jeff Ritzmann to Reveal Personal Experiences on The Paracast

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Coming August 8: UFO and paranormal investigator Jeff Ritzmann, known to some as a skeptic, details an extraordinary series of personal encounters. Starting when he was only five years of age, this extremely frightening set of experiences includes "missing time," strange lights in the sky, a mysterious hitchhiker, and other anomalies.

This is one show you won't want to miss!

Any chance of you talking about his Horn escapade? ;D

Just kidding. Well, kinda.

Jeff's experience with seeming missing time and appearing in a different location is actually not unique. I've read of experiences like this before. One of the people that report it is Whitley Streiber. I'm not sure of which book it is in, but it would have to be, Breakthrough, Transformation, or Secret School.

A very interesting case I heard about from a MUFON investigator is one in which involves a young man who has had repeat abduction experiences. This one particular event happened when he was in college. One night he went out and did some partying and he was drunk when the abduction took place. They had him laying on a table and he couldn't move. He was fed up with being abducted, and since he was drunk he had some liquid courage. He somehow broke the Paralysis and started doing mock karate chops at them. After a few moments something happened in which he no longer remembers anything as far as being with the aliens. His next memory is one of waking up in the morning time in his under wear a mile from home. They usually bring him back to the same place they abducted him from. In this case, it was thought to be a punishment for resisting. Last I heard the guy didn't resist anymore. I don't blame him.

UFO Investigator Jeff Ritzmann to Reveal Personal Experiences on The Paracas

I loved this show! I found Mr. Ritzmanns story believable and absolutely fascinating. I hope that you have him back for further discussion. I wonder how many others have had these experiences. I have seen UFO's or what I thought were UFO's but never (thank heaven) lost time or anything like that. I just don't understand why these "beings" are here and what their goal might be. We seem to be pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things, so why are they doing this?

Great show, I really enjoyed this episode. I listened to it on August 9th and I think I'll have to listen to it again because there is so much interesting things that were covered

My personal feeling is that Jeff's episode is the most interesting - and important - one we've done so far. I've spoken at length with Jeff, and I feel that he's telling the truth. I'm not sure what the precise meaning of his experiences boils down to - I'm not sure that he would claim that he knows, either - but he's not making this stuff up for attention, fame or money. He's truly motivated to understand the meaning of these weird experiences, and is devoted to getting the noise and hoaxes in this field out of the way of legitimate researchers. He has my respect and we'll definitely have him back on the show to talk more about his thoughts about his rather fascinating - and frightening - experiences.

Ok, so on Aarons referral I finally got round to listening to this one.... and I have to say, it was one of the best yet. I know i'm a bit behind the times, and people have probably gone through all of Jeff's experiences but I was just wondering if the following questions have been covered.

1. He gave a brief description of the alien with the chinese-like hat that walked into his room. But its wasnt clear whether it was human looking, or more like a grey type. Did he ever give a more detailed description?

2. Less important, but after the hitchiker incident, when he was talking about how he got home and was trying to figure out why his parents were home, he says he was so shocked because he had called them from the gas station (or whatever it was) in ohio and no-one answered.
Did he ever explain why he called them, since he knew they were in the vicinity of Bay bridge where he had initially been trying to go?

I'll have to listen to the next Jeff Ritzman episode tommorow... :eek:

By the way, which is the next episode that Jeff continues to talk about his experiences in? Is it the steven greer one?

Ok, so on Aarons referral I finally got round to listening to this one.... and I have to say, it was one of the best yet. I know i'm a bit behind the times, and people have probably gone through all of Jeff's experiences but I was just wondering if the following questions have been covered.

1. He gave a brief description of the alien with the chinese-like hat that walked into his room. But its wasnt clear whether it was human looking, or more like a grey type. Did he ever give a more detailed description?

2. Less important, but after the hitchiker incident, when he was talking about how he got home and was trying to figure out why his parents were home, he says he was so shocked because he had called them from the gas station (or whatever it was) in ohio and no-one answered.
Did he ever explain why he called them, since he knew they were in the vicinity of Bay bridge where he had initially been trying to go?

I'll have to listen to the next Jeff Ritzman episode tommorow... :eek:

Jeff hasn't been around, but I'll take a stab at some of your questions.

It was a grey looking being from memory. Not sure of color, but tan or grey I think. Yes, he gave more descriptions before. Eerie radio interview is one show you can listen to for more info.

I think he called to let them know what was up. Since no one answered I think he thought they must be out looking for him.

Look at the dates (you listen via the site like me I'm guessing?). Should be the soonest one to the first time he was on, if I remember correctly.

Yeah i did that, but the next one ups says:
"Dr. Steven Greer of The Disclosure Project, and author of "Hidden Truth -- Forbidden Knowledge," returns to answer more questions about his research and address some of the issues raised on our message forums; veteran UFO researcher Jeff Ritzmann."
Is it me or does that paragraph not make sense at the end?

With regards to the alien, he said it was brown rather than grey, but didnt say whether it had the slit eyes etc.

Truly though, i am still almost speechless after listening to this ep. I mean, it is the ONLY large scale and detailed paranormal account I have ever heard with little or no contradiction in it. Sure loads of us have told stories of seeing the odd ghost or UFO without contradictions, but they are small time things. This is a life time story of "alien beings" yet it intrigues me because i listened to it nearly twice and still can't find any sign of a contradiction.
This is why i asked about the phone call, because the one slight anomaly i could find in his story is why would you phone your house when you knew your parents werent there. As far as he was aware he had just seen his family on to bay bridge, hundreds of miles away from his house, so why did he call there.
I honestly don't think i'll be able to sleep well tonight as i'll have this account whizzing round in my head.
I have tried to come up with many different theories, Jeff hallucinating etc, or that the hitchiker was on drugs and hence looked a bit odd with cold sweats etc giving the shiny face look but only two theories fit since his wife and other people were involved in some of the experiences.

I can tell you, i have never been so undecided on any account ever, i am literally 50% either way. In fact, i dont really like either of the answers, but here they are.

Theory 1: Jeff is making it all up. Either he is purposely doing it, or it stems from mental illness and he thinks these things happened to him. Now dont anyone take offence here, i don't know Jeff and I am just rationalising in my own head. I dont go any further than siding 50% with this theory as he is sooo believable, and like i said, there is so little contradiction.
If he was lying due to mental illness, there would be inconsistencies. If he was lying purposely, which is more likely (due to the lack of inconsistencies) then he is the best 'story-teller' in the world, even more convincing than Bob Lazar. I also trusts Davids judge of character, and David says he believes Jeff is telling the truth. He just doesnt sound like he is making it up whatsoever

Theory 2: Everything he said happened just as he explained it. Everything that you, me, or anyone else in this world think we know about reality, and our place in the universe needs a complete overhaul. Every human being on this planet is so in the dark that the shock of reality would be too much for them to even comprehend. And worst of all, all those hippy space brother types, those Steven Greer types that are so often mocked on this and other forums are actually probably closer to the truth than 99% of the so called "normal" peple on this planet, or even and of the more skeptical "non-human entitiy" believers.

Both of these theories leave a horribly sour taste in my mouth, and they don't feel right.... but I can't see room for anything else.

Once again, sorry for digging up old graves, i'm sure much of it has been discussed, just felt I should say my piece, if for no other reason than to get it off my chest so i can actually sleep tonight... :confused:

What if, upon realizing he was in Ohio, he had immediately attempted to re-trace his route from the most recent turns he had taken to get to the truck stop?

^^ probably too freaked out. Actually Im sure he was beyond freaked out at that point. Not only was he in another State but he just dropped off a shape-shifting hitch-hiker.

Im probably wouldnt hang around either. Although I do agree that it would be fascinating to see what would happen if he did retrace his steps.

Having thought about it over night, there is only one option I can side with. Now it may be a flaw, but my brain simply will not allow itself to believe in extreme claims unless there is some sort of evidence, but in Jeff's case there is unfortunately none.
My heart wants me to believe Jeff's story as he sounds like a really nice guy, and David trusts him... but I can't leave it at 50/50 so the brain wins..
I will however do some more research into the subject to see if I can change my mind.

Assuming that i'm going with explanation 1 for the time being.
I have some trouble with the fact that the story seems to be so vague in some parts (although that could have been due to time restrictions). Little description of the aliens, and the apparent glossing over of the fact that he had the same experience every night from the ages 5 or 6 to 9.
I mean, what happened when he stayed over at a friends house? Did he stay in that bed every night for 3 years? He might have explained somewhere else but i havent heard it yet.

People who are trying to come up with a story often keep things vague so they can't get picked up on things. Bob Lazar did this beautifully when he told his story. His claimed he saw enough to prove the flying saucers, but was then kicked off base before he had a proper chance to look at anything. Then when he had everyone believing him, and he felt bolder, he came up with some more story.
However much of Jeff's story isnt vague also...

Finally, could Jeff's skeptiscism and disproving of other peoples UFO stories be some sort of mechanism to convince other people (and possibly even himself) that his own story is real? Again possible, but would work with either theory...
I guess for the time being I am 75/25 towards theory 1, but i hope it changes...

Shape-shifting hitchhiker?? How did I miss that one I thought I have listened to all of the episodes. I will have to listen to it again.

Hoffmiester,
Part of te vagueness in certain peoples's stories, if they are genuine, is part of the phenomena. I am not sure if it is a certain kind of mind control or just a natural shock to the system that can makes thngs seem off and difficult to remember after or ever during the event.

I know personally between my poor visions the way I think I ,am a big picture type of thinker vs detailed oreinted, generally speaking that makes me more prone to leave out details at times. The "being" at the healthfood store (I have a short thread about this) was extremely difficult to fucus on what it looked like. It is a very strange feeling to experience this type of situation. My friend who has better vision and is detailed orientated knew not to look at it and only saw a glimps.

I honestly don't know how anyone could doubt Jeff's encounters as much as you do that visits this forum? If he was that good of an actor he is in the wrong buisness.

Hoff:

I have heard Jeff tell this story 3 times - and always its the same. There are no inconsistencies of contradictions. Nothing he leaves out or changes. I really find it hard to accept that he is making it up.

Listen to this episode of Jeffs own podcast. His wife tells her side of the story as far as what happened that night out in the country. Extremely fascinating and I highly recommend checking it out:

Podcast Archive -

Its the June 24 episode.

Shape-shifting hitchhiker?? How did I miss that one I thought I have listened to all of the episodes. I will have to listen to it again.

Yep, its the August 8th episode, 2006!

Hoffmiester,
Part of te vagueness in certain peoples's stories, if they are genuine, is part of the phenomena. I am not sure if it is a certain kind of mind control or just a natural shock to the system that can makes thngs seem off and difficult to remember after or ever during the event.

I know personally between my poor visions the way I think I ,am a big picture type of thinker vs detailed oreinted, generally speaking that makes me more prone to leave out details at times. The "being" at the healthfood store (I have a short thread about this) was extremely difficult to fucus on what it looked like. It is a very strange feeling to experience this type of situation. My friend who has better vision and is detailed orientated knew not to look at it and only saw a glimps.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that everyone who is vague is lying. I'm sometimes pretty vague about my experiences, mostly because I just don't remember them that well. For example, i dont remember the exact age I was in any of my sleep paralysis incidents, or the triangle incident, and you would have thought that big events like that I would be able to remember.
Its a fact though, that some special forces military learn how to keep any stories they tell vague when captured to stop themselves getting caught out.

I honestly don't know how anyone could doubt Jeff's encounters as much as you do that visits this forum? If he was that good of an actor he is in the wrong buisness.

Is it honestly so hard to believe? Think about it, Jeff's claims are not quite, but nearly as radical Clifford Stones... the Clifford Stone that is so often mocked on the forums/show. In some ways its more radical as all the aliens are alive and communicating.
Neither have a grain of proof, so what seperates the two? Is it that Clifford is kind of wierd looking so make judgements upon him straight away (ala James Fox saying "i took one look at that guy and was like 'uh-uh' "), is it because Jeff is skeptical of other peoples stories so he must be telling the truth?, Is it because he is a friend of the show?

Even David on the episode said that people listening to the show would think he is nuts.

I am open minded and am going to look into the situation lots more, but i would be interested to hear why other people find Cliffords Stone story such a joke, yet Jeff's story is apparently so believable?

I don't know, maybe i'm a flawed human being who is closed minded... or maybe my head is just screwed firmly on... who knows...

Hoff:

I have heard Jeff tell this story 3 times - and always its the same. There are no inconsistencies of contradictions. Nothing he leaves out or changes. I really find it hard to accept that he is making it up.

Listen to this episode of Jeffs own podcast. His wife tells her side of the story as far as what happened that night out in the country. Extremely fascinating and I highly recommend checking it out:

Podcast Archive -

Its the June 24 episode.

I'm not suprised its the same, that was kind of my point in theory 2, its what made me think he story was very believable. The points I made were only very minor.

Cheers for the link mate, i'll check it out this weekend! :D

More people than Jeff would have to be lying.

Jeff claims to have had some physical effects on his body. Latest that I am aware of is a filing down of a tooth. Well, he doesn't claim it is involved, but wonders if it is.

Hoff. I recommend not worrying about coming to any conclusions on the basis of listening to just one or two shows about someone, unless it's extremely obvious they are full of shit. Continue to explore it and learn to be comfortable with concluding things are inconclusive. Or just saying, "I don't know". If not, you'll go batty, or be plane wrong a lot of the time.

Back