• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO disrupts air traffic in China

Free episodes:

As another pic suggests--it isn't anywhere near as bright. Btw the number of lights atop it varies. I suppose some could've been shut off or turned on.

If this was just a hoax of some kind, involving just photography, why the problem at the airport?

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/201007/news-gb2312-1123258.html

You miss the point, something happened at the airport but some take the opportunity to link unrelated pictures to the case.
Or so it seems at the moment...

So whats the status of this thing? Forgotten about it for the past week or so. It hasnt reached O'Hare status I take it?

So whats the status of this thing? Forgotten about it for the past week or so. It hasnt reached O'Hare status I take it?

I think the problem we now face with this incident is that of misdirection be, it by conscious or unconscious means the waters are now so badly muddied by images taken from other events who can tell what is real or not. I for one am going to stand back from this one and let it die... It would seem that China has a budding UFO folklore developing if you get what I mean and if there is anything to be taken from this and other incidents like it from China it is that aspect that we should be looking into.

UFO over China on Wed.

So, .. the original pictures that got mixed up with the China UFO sighting (imagine that) are basically bunk.

I'm assuming we can put this one to rest now in that it pretty much appears to be a missle test. Hence "military connection". The video clearly shows a multistage missle right?? Either way it certainly isn't something non-conventional. It's something we made.

But it also illustrates the "runaway train" mentality of UFO nuts or UFO shenanigans. Some people hear a story and promptly attempt to put it in a very different, very twisted, want-to-believe light. Amazing.

UFO over China on Wed.

But it also illustrates the "runaway train" mentality of UFO nuts or UFO shenanigans. Some people hear a story and promptly attempt to put it in a very different, very twisted, want-to-believe light. Amazing.

And this is exactly what I mean by UFO folklore... I do believe it would be remiss of us not to go back and look at a lot of cases from history with this mind set. Maybe I am being a heretic [well to those who want to believe anyway] but I really think it is the public/individual reactions that are the most interesting. What I mean is we cannot prove if such cases were of Alien of Human or crypto in origin but what we can do is get a good look into the psyche of those involved.

UFO over China on Wed.

think some people are missing the point =P
what exactly put a international airport on lockdown for over an hour that the chinese military command had to intervene , if it was a multi-stage rocket was it propelled by a legion of snails ?

UFO over China on Wed.

think some people are missing the point =P
what exactly put a international airport on lockdown for over an hour that the chinese military command had to intervene , if it was a multi-stage rocket was it propelled by a legion of snails ?

Is it really inconceivable to think that the Chinese military was conducting a missile test that went wrong? They are after all a totalitarian state and are not going to tell the truth or even comment if they have no need to... In fact I would go as far to say they would not say a thing even if they were obliged to.

UFO over China on Wed.

Is it really inconceivable to think that the Chinese military was conducting a missile test that went wrong?

Is that the official explanation? They could say it was a missile without revealing classified info. I don't know how long the airport was closed--one hour? Several? If the latter, it seems like quite a while for a missile that cruised by in a few seconds or minutes.

They are after all a totalitarian state...

Politically authoritarian but no longer considered totalitarian.

Back