• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO/Alien video thread

British UFO Files Testimony from Colonel Halt, Lord Hill Norton and the strange story of Peter Horsham and "Janus".
48 min - 2/11/2007 - video by Channel 5 UK
VideosOfTheUnknown.com - British UFO Files

Nazi UFO Documentary (Poor quality)
Secret Knights Templar video concerning the subject of UFOs. Public domain on 13 June 2006.
51 min - 2/11/2007 - video by Matrix International, Ltd.
VideosOfTheUnknown.com - Nazi UFO Documentary

UFO Russian F16
28 sec Very good clip in my opinion. Notice the shadow on the cloud.
VideosOfTheUnknown.com - UFO Russian F16

A.LeClair said:
Backyard ufo sighting. (fake IMO)

Hi A LeClair,

This one is an admitted hoax.

The person that put the video on Youtube has admitted that he created the footage by using the Combustion software package.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

A.LeClair said:

From the various witness accounts (not to mention the 2 videos) that have surfaced on various internet forums, it is fairly clear that this sighting involved "fire balloons" ("Thai lanterns").

The description of the orange lights travelling across the sky together without making any sound is a fairly classic description of prank fire balloons (or balloons with lights attached).

Prank "UFO" fire balloons have traditionally been made by using transparent, lightweight plastic laundry bags with birthday candles propped at its base by drinking straws, wires or balsa wood structs. When the candles are lit, the hot air makes the bag rise. Now, more sophisticated fire balloons / thai lanterns can now be purchased from commercial suppliers, such as the ones below, for use at weddings and other celebrations:
http://www.weddinglanterns.co.uk/
http://www.ribbands.co.uk/prdpages/lantern.htm

These balloons/lanterns have become increasingly popular in the UK in the last few years. See, for example, the news report (in relation to a previous "UFO" incident) on the BBC website at the link below:
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Essex | Wedding lanterns spark UFO scare

The duration for the current sighting (said to be about 10 minutes) is consistent with this explanation. Ufologist Allan Hendry (author of the very informative book "The UFO Handbook") refers to 14 reports of UFO caused by prank fire balloons, stating that those 14 sightings had durations of perceived flight from one to 15 minutes.

Fire balloons have been discussed by the authors of several UFO books and several skeptical books.

They are also discussed in some detail in the Condon Report.

See, for example, the discussions of Case 45 at pages 605-606 (in Section 4, "Case Studies", Chapter 2) and pages 458-465 (in Section 4, Case Studies, Case 18) of the version of the Condon Report available online at the links below:
http://ncas.sawco.com/condon/text/contents.htm
SHG - Condon Report: Table of Contents

Please note: Since they are a fire hazard, I understand that such products are illegal in several states in the USA.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

A.LeClair said:
This "alien" footage is from a movie no?
New Roswell Alien Footage

Yes, this is footage from the Ant and Dec comedy based on the "real story" behind Santilli's alien autopsy footage, released in the UK during 2006 (which was mildly amusing).

Philip Mantle has reported that one of the executives at Qwerty Films (responsible for the movie) told him that the "new" footage was filmed by them as part of the movie. See:
http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/2006/sep/m13-005.shtml

It was interesting to see various webpages (including the one at the link you provide) claim that the source of the "new" footage was unknown.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

IsaacKoi said:
Hi A LeClair,

This one is an admitted hoax.

The person that put the video on Youtube has admitted that he created the footage by using the Combustion software package.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

Yes, I saw something like that after posting the link.

From the various witness accounts (not to mention the 2 videos) that have surfaced on various internet forums, it is fairly clear that this sighting involved "fire balloons" ("Thai lanterns").

I thought the same thing, but just on the bases of the vid, not witness accounts.

Yes, this is footage from the Ant and Dec comedy based on the "real story" behind Santilli's alien autopsy footage, released in the UK during 2006 (which was mildly amusing).

Wow, you were able to watch it? The thought of that movie makes me sick to my stomach.

I heard it bombed. Hope so.

Back