• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Two Metallic Craft Visit a Northern Ontario Ice Rink Pt. 2

Burnt State

Paranormal Adept
ufo north.jpg

A note about UFO ship colour: i really like the shape of this ship and the light configuration as it really set off a spark in my memory bank as far as glow, lights and shape. But the ships we saw were certainly not green - more greyish, white, luminous and metallic. But it would have taken five more minutes in photoshop to sort that out and this is much more festive looking and seasonal!

So here's a shot of me on the ice rink looking at the two flying saucers. I was up north this past Xmas and snowshoed into the old park and was amazed at how small everything was compared to my childhood memory of being a lot shorter and a lot smaller. Consequently, i was surprised to reconcile just how big the craft had to be - easily 25 feet in diameter, and really close to us. This is not perfectly to scale, but it gives a good rendition of the story.

The first house on the right is my friend's babysitter's place. They were looking at us and the ships from the far window on the right. There were two ships. One stayed up in the top left corner and never moved until they both left the park area together. The other ship came down towards us on the rink and then moved to the right and hovered over the backyard of the houses that bordered the park. That's the position of the ship top right. It then moved slowly in an arc downwards and along the backyards of the houses until it paused over the garage in the back where the arrows lead towards.

ufo north2.jpg

In this picture we see the UFO hovering over the corner of that garage. The tree on the left was not there thirty five odd years ago. Instead what was there was a much taller, full grown Columnar Poplar tree - easily twenty to twenty-five feet tall. The ship hovered there for a while just between the the tree and over the corner of the garage, for at least 15-20 seconds. Then it moved in synch with the other ship, and headed up higher and over towards the corner store near Highway 17 before they joined up into the stars and took off.

So look closely at this photo above showing the back of this yellow brick house with the garage in the back. The owner was the grandmother of my other school friend, B.W.. He was quite a character and responsible for many left turns in my childhood. When we told the other kids at school only B.W. gave us any credit - the rest made fun of us. We stopped talking about it until one early spring afternoon when B.W. and i were climbing up a ladder to get into that rear bedroom window directly to the right of the play station. His grandmother had little trust of him alone in the house before she got back there so we had to be resourceful.

As we were climbing up the ladder B.W. suddenly stopped and turned to look across the back of the yard towards the garage. "Holy shit!" exclaimed B.W., "My uncle's going to be pissed when he sees that. He just re-did those shingles last summer!" As I looked out across the yard I saw that the top fifth of the tree, the half closest to the garage where the UFO had hovered above it, was completely singed and blackened. The entire top of the tree was also burnt. No leaves grew on that portion. That tree is no longer there, though other poplars from that time period to the left of this house street side are still alive - thought they could be much younger offshoots, I suppose.

The roof of the garage was another story. In a radial arc about fifteen feet long at its deepest penetration of the roof. including the whole far right corner of the garage's roof, the one closest to us in the photo, all the shingles had been burned and upturned. It was plain to see, this entire patch of shingles that occupied almost a full third of that side of the roof's slope that had been damaged. In my mind i remember that absolute feeling of confirmation that set in as i saw the curved outline of the saucer burned into the roof. We had in fact seen something technological that night and it left a mark. It had left trace evidence here on the roof, and in the burned tree. That was quite a feeling, seeing that curved shape.

That caused me and the my original friend to spend the whole of that summer hunting for UFO's in the city streets, in-between watching B.W. try to get his little mini-motorbike going, to ride in the park. The day i decided i was sick of watching B.W. tinker with that mini-bike's engine was the day he finally got it going and he rode it in the back field where the UFO's had been the previous winter to a roaring crowd. His bike suddenly blew up in a burst of flames as he rode it, burning himself and breaking his arm. So I saw at least one of the two most important things that happened in that field that winter and spring.

As a postscript: i went to the house that backed onto the ice rink, where my friend's babysitter lived to try and see if the person I witnessed the event with on the ice was still around in town and perhaps could share notes with me. Unfortunately, the people who live there now just moved in three years ago. i was really hoping to review someone else's brain regarding this incident as it's a large event still floating in my brain, but alas, my detective work stars a little too late i suppose.

Great read! Can I pick your brain

Did the craft make any noise?
I know you can't know for sure but did you feel it was secret terrestrial technology or not of this world?
Did the uncle say about the burnt shingles/tree? Did he call the cops claim on the insurance, did he believe the story?

Is the UFO in the pic the acual thing? The ufo looks soooo fake!
As described above I selected this for the festive seasonal colours, though mine was grey and metallic, but the shape and lighting arrangement of this one is very similar to what I saw.

Last edited:
Great read! Can I pick your brain

Did the craft make any noise?
I know you can't know for sure but did you feel it was secret terrestrial technology or not of this world?
Did the uncle say about the burnt shingles/tree? Did he call the cops claim on the insurance, did he believe the story?
Watching these two ships float silently above us was quite an astounding experience. Every movement, whether sudden acceleration or calm drift along the backyards of the other houses, was companies with zero sound. I remember that clearly. That, combined with their incredible departure into the stars and then fading out entirely in the distance, left the distinct impression that they weren't from around here at all. Both their movements and lack of sound seemed uncanny and entirely unlike earthly technology.

Here's the strange thing about being a kid with a UFO story - the adult world thinks it's cute and quaint but there are bills to be paid etc. and there was no follow up re: damage to the garage as I did not know his uncle nor did I ever pursue it. There were those kids that believed us and those that didn't and those that got to see B.W. explode into flames. If you didn't see it, and worse, if it's not that well rooted in reality then most people tend to ignore the tale.

Amazing story. This is one that makes you think "aliens from another world" doesn't it? Not one, but two flying saucers.

It seems to me that this was an accident. What do you think? The fact that the tree and roof were burned seems to indicate an unintentional maybe uncontrolled appearance. I'm wondering what kind of radiation did the burning.

Thanks for sharing all of this. I see why you had trouble with my silly paranormal experience poll.

Amazing story. This is one that makes you think "aliens from another world" doesn't it? Not one, but two flying saucers.

It seems to me that this was an accident. What do you think? The fact that the tree and roof were burned seems to indicate an unintentional maybe uncontrolled appearance. I'm wondering what kind of radiation did the burning.

Thanks for sharing all of this. I see why you had trouble with my silly paranormal experience poll.

At the time I had already exhausted the Rod Serling and Ray Bradbury material from my grade school library and was reading this book called The UFO Experience (i have since been unable to identify the book or the author) which I distinctly remember included the different types of close encounters. So at the time, as I saw the second one descend towards us I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "This is it. We are going to get abducted."

But it never worked out that way. In the sequence of events that unfolded, the impression I had was that the decision to cruise along the backyards of all the houses and then pause at my other friend's grandma's place was entirely intentional. The whole incident was executed with complete control - patient, curious and indifferent, almost lackadaisical, would be my description. As if they were looking for a particular place to pause at, and that in the pausing the burning effect was inevitable.

If only I had been one or two years older, because by then I had my first Kodak Instamatic camera and was shooting everything in sight. I certainly would have gotten a shot of the roof then. But at the time, my age did not entirely understand the significance of the evidence in front of me.

I still don't understand their sudden appearance or quick survey of the neighborhood rink, its two lonely hockey occupants and the other houses on that street. It all seems so random - just a cursory glance on their part. "Bizarre," is the only word i have for the entire incident.

I liked your poll. I'm very intrigued by stories from the twilight zone, so to speak, as I'm still confused by my own earlier drifts into that territory.

Incredible story. You have to wonder what in the hell they were up to.

You are looking for The UFO Experience: A Scientific Inquiry by J. Allen Hynek.

An outstanding sighting, Burnt State -- multiple witnesses from two different perspectives in a close encounter with two anomalous lighted discs (25 feet in diameter) leaving very significant trace evidence:

As I looked out across the yard I saw that the top fifth of the tree, the half closest to the garage where the UFO had hovered above it, was completely singed and blackened. The entire top of the tree was also burnt. No leaves grew on that portion. . . . The roof of the garage was another story. In a radial arc about fifteen feet long at its deepest penetration of the roof. including the whole far right corner of the garage's roof, the one closest to us in the photo, all the shingles had been burned and upturned. It was plain to see, this entire patch of shingles that occupied almost a full third of that side of the roof's slope that had been damaged. In my mind i remember that absolute feeling of confirmation that set in as i saw the curved outline of the saucer burned into the roof. We had in fact seen something technological that night and it left a mark. It had left trace evidence here on the roof, and in the burned tree. That was quite a feeling, seeing that curved shape.

It also looks like the saucer you observed hovering over that tree and garage roof was hovering over a power line. Did that saucer move along over that power line before it took off with the other saucer and almost immediately blended in with the stars? Over the last six decades innumerable ufos have been sighted over power lines. And many have left ground traces (burnt circles of grass) and burned the tops and branches of trees. Paul Hill's important analysis of ufos, published after he had retired from NASA, attended at length to ufo lighting, the different colors exuded by ufos as whole objects during various activities, and the increase in lighting when the ufos powered up and took off at astronomical speed toward the outer atmosphere. May I suggest that you send your two-part report to the MUFON chapter in whatever state this event occurred in and also to Peter Davenport's ufo reporting database, NUFORC? It may be that one or more other reports were made of these two ufos in the area at the time of your sighting. Thanks for the detailed information.

Last edited:
Great report/wonderful post/etc.! I can completely relate to the "WTF" element that you touch on. One thing that really unsettles me from time to time is the feeling that this stuff (these very intentional maneuvers) are the norm and are happening constantly all around us. The difference being that for whatever reason their (?) actions are being observed apart from their typical routine stealth concealment is the causal agent in the UFO observation report.

I always seem to liken the contextually out of place UFO observation activities, along with their often confoundedly obvious "control" as demonstrated by their mystical confirmations, aka, "UFO volition as intentional response to observer initiated signals" within this experiential shadowbox of our observed and assembled perceptual arrangements in the same way one would imagine the initiation and encapsulation of a program within a program. Contingent within an overall systematic integration, yet outside the scope of that which would directly conflict and thereby render dysfunction due to such an overlap.

Mission caretakers within the holographic universe? More Watcher talk I'm afraid. :) Thanks for making me think.

Agreed, Jeff. It seems like an intentional process of gradual disclosure that we're in the company of others and should get used to the idea.

Constance,
Don't let me fool you. If I ever seem to be making sense, you're most likely misunderstanding me. ;)

IMO, the only thing that I can truthfully ascertain as to being evident with respect to UFO observations and their possible "intent", is that they quite often afford the appearance of an independent volition. Many of their actions seem deliberate and set apart from actions that might be attributable to a natural hierarchy of random forceful motivations or interactions within the environment in which they are observed.

I honestly do not believe that UFOs are intentionally allowing themselves to be viewed in a gradual introductory disclosure effort. The spectrum of information that I have personally encountered indicates that the phenomena is operating identically to it's historic former self apart from the continually changing progressive nature of our own context based observations.

It's interesting that the phenomena seems to be two part. As much dependent on our observations as we are dependent on the manner in which the phenomenon superimposes itself onto the fabric of what we typically assemble to form composite image based reality.

An outstanding sighting, Burnt State -- multiple witnesses from two different perspectives in a close encounter with two anomalous lighted discs (25 feet in diameter) leaving very significant trace evidence:

It also looks like the saucer you observed hovering over that tree and garage roof was hovering over a power line. Did that saucer move along over that power line before it took off with the other saucer and almost immediately blended in with the stars? Over the last six decades innumerable ufos have been sighted over power lines. And many have left ground traces (burnt circles of grass) and burned the tops and branches of trees. Paul Hill's important analysis of ufos, published after he had retired from NASA, attended at length to ufo lighting, the different colors exuded by ufos as whole during various activities, and the increase in lighting when the ufos powered up and took off at astronomical speed toward the outer atmosphere. May I suggest that you send your two-part report to the MUFON chapter in whatever state this even occurred in and also to Peter Davenport's ufo reporting database, NUFORC? It may be that one or more other reports were made of these two ufos in the area at the time of your sighting. Thanks for the detailed information.
i will take up a number of these suggestions. thanks, Constance. thanks also for pointing out the whole power line piece - i hadn't even thought of that, even after snowshoeing through the back field along a line parallel to the flightpath. the only thing i noticed at the time was that the babysitter's house now had a rink in its backyard, which was a nice touchstone for me as whoever used to make the rink in the field area is long since gone. the flight path was definitely over the powerline that runs along back but there was no visible interaction at all between that ship and the hydroline. to be honest i've applied very little Sherlock Holmes to the whole incident and simply accepted its visual experience as is. perhaps i need to give i a more thoughtful think.

Great report/wonderful post/etc.! I can completely relate to the "WTF" element that you touch on. One thing that really unsettles me from time to time is the feeling that this stuff (these very intentional maneuvers) are the norm and are happening constantly all around us. The difference being that for whatever reason their (?) actions are being observed apart from their typical routine stealth concealment is the causal agent in the UFO observation report.
that's interesting as i think it was trainedoverver who also made that point elsewhere that their appearance is unintentional, that the invisible cloak is suddenly off, or maybe it needs to go off to recharge or something, and is just indifferent to being witnessed at that moment. however, there is a collection of witness stories that has intentionality attached to it, where the event seems to target the witness. i know that was my first inclination - feeling like we were being targeted by that one ship.

I always seem to liken the contextually out of place UFO observation activities, along with their often confoundedly obvious "control" as demonstrated by their mystical confirmations, aka, "UFO volition as intentional response to observer initiated signals" within this experiential shadowbox of our observed and assembled perceptual arrangements in the same way one would imagine the initiation and encapsulation of a program within a program.
ok, i can follow that line of thinking...

Contingent within an overall systematic integration, yet outside the scope of that which would directly conflict and thereby render dysfunction due to such an overlap.

Mission caretakers within the holographic universe? More Watcher talk I'm afraid. :) Thanks for making me think.

but the bit that followed was a little more difficult to grab onto. as for the notion of "Mission caretakers" i think i would want that kind of intentionality explained. the idea that we are targeted i think is probably just symptomatic of the low self-esteem our species has a penchant for. "Look At Us!" we cry out. but i don't think we're all that important to be anything more than just too small brained to conceive of what strangeness we play an insignificant part in. maybe we're property, maybe we're a barometer - we will never get confirmation of any of those larger meta-levels, at least not until we evolve in other ways. either way, i don't see us being so important in the grand scheme of things to even begin to mess with us but then there it is. bizarre.

now as for this:
Don't let me fool you. If I ever seem to be making sense, you're most likely misunderstanding me. ;)
ok, that's funny.:rolleyes:

IMO, the only thing that I can truthfully ascertain as to being evident with respect to UFO observations and their possible "intent", is that they quite often afford the appearance of an independent volition. Many of their actions seem deliberate and set apart from actions that might be attributable to a natural hierarchy of random forceful motivations or interactions within the environment in which they are observed.

I honestly do not believe that UFOs are intentionally allowing themselves to be viewed in a gradual introductory disclosure effort. The spectrum of information that I have personally encountered indicates that the phenomena is operating identically to it's historic former self apart from the continually changing progressive nature of our own context based observations.

It's interesting that the phenomena seems to be two part. As much dependent on our observations as we are dependent on the manner in which the phenomenon superimposes itself onto the fabric of what we typically assemble to form composite image based reality.

really well said, and a strong framework with which to understand the shifts in the types of craft we see, with perhaps the great diversity of craft in an era that all belong to the same genre or style of craft i.e. saucers, cigars, triangles, spheres, airships etc.. types, colours and materials of ships, along with the variety of species, may just belong to the socio-cultural lens of our own making, hence the regional similarities of witnessed events in each era of sightings. does this mean that the stimulus that initiates the event is of such a nature that it overwhelms our own sense perceptions creating what it does - a hot mess of weirdness that is plucked out of our own minds, what has shaped them and results in seeing what you see?

that's interesting as i think it was trainedoverver who also made that point elsewhere that their appearance is unintentional, that the invisible cloak is suddenly off, or maybe it needs to go off to recharge or something, and is just indifferent to being witnessed at that moment. however, there is a collection of witness stories that has intentionality attached to it, where the event seems to target the witness. i know that was my first inclination - feeling like we were being targeted by that one ship.

ok, i can follow that line of thinking...

but the bit that followed was a little more difficult to grab onto. as for the notion of "Mission caretakers" i think i would want that kind of intentionality explained. the idea that we are targeted i think is probably just symptomatic of the low self-esteem our species has a penchant for. "Look At Us!" we cry out. but i don't think we're all that important to be anything more than just too small brained to conceive of what strangeness we play an insignificant part in. maybe we're property, maybe we're a barometer - we will never get confirmation of any of those larger meta-levels, at least not until we evolve in other ways. either way, i don't see us being so important in the grand scheme of things to even begin to mess with us but then there it is. bizarre.

Burnt State,
What the above underlines is that I honestly think they are here constantly. The Earth is their home as much it is ours. Actually much more so there's as they proceeded us. If you go to the next paragraph, "mission caretakers" refers to what is the "Watchers" school of gnostic writings and teachings. The same one that Betty Andreasson/Ray Fowler brought to light not too long ago. The "Watchers" are the Earth's gardeners or maintenance beings as referred to ancient texts. They are what in the movie "The Matrix", is portrayed as MIB, which of course is not the real role of those beings in the least.

Isn't it fascinating that what we are referring to here is no less than contextually relevant folk tales? Much just like the Elves in Scandinavia which as many people believe in over there as we do aliens over here.

now as for this:
ok, that's funny.:rolleyes:

I don't "get" this with the roll eyes. I do hope that both you and Constance knew or realized that I was purely making fun of myself and the fact that I am often too wordy and sometimes as a result am very unclear. My brain works funny that way, kind of sideways, and I was just making a joke out of it.

really well said, and a strong framework with which to understand the shifts in the types of craft we see, with perhaps the great diversity of craft in an era that all belong to the same genre or style of craft i.e. saucers, cigars, triangles, spheres, airships etc.. types, colours and materials of ships, along with the variety of species, may just belong to the socio-cultural lens of our own making, hence the regional similarities of witnessed events in each era of sightings. does this mean that the stimulus that initiates the event is of such a nature that it overwhelms our own sense perceptions creating what it does - a hot mess of weirdness that is plucked out of our own minds, what has shaped them and results in seeing what you see?

There is such a mystery wrapped between the quotation marks above. It speaks to me clearly of a deception. Either in and of our own perceptive inadequacies, or by an alternative design, what we are witnessing is only a very small part of the truth. A fragment of cloth for which we are constantly attempting to foist upon ourselves, a mundane, or "fitting" speculative design, in an effort to satiate our needful egos and find a home for which to accommodate our exotic remnant.

Yes, we do have to keep in mind the intentional pursuits of civilian and military planes by ufos, the intentional interactions of some ufos and their occupants with people, and the highly visible waves of ufos beginning in 1947. Re the intentional personal interreactions, I read earlier this year in one of Richard Hall's books about 150 cases of frightening ufo interference with cars and trucks often on highways, multiply witnessed, even involving the loss of contact with the road by the car or truck in several cases.

Burnt State,
What the above underlines is that I honestly think they are here constantly. The Earth is their home as much it is ours.

I think it's possible that they have predated us on this planet, could well have bases in various underwater locations, and might continue to be here to safeguard the planet to the extent they can.

I don't "get" this with the roll eyes. I do hope that both you and Constance knew or realized that I was purely making fun of myself and the fact that I am often too wordy and sometimes as a result am very unclear. My brain works funny that way, kind of sideways, and I was just making a joke out of it.

I didn't take any offense, Jeff, and didn't sense any. You seem to be a person of very good will. :)

What the above underlines is that I honestly think they are here constantly. The Earth is their home as much it is ours. Actually much more so there's as they proceeded us...Isn't it fascinating that what we are referring to here is no less than contextually relevant folk tales? Much just like the Elves in Scandinavia which as many people believe in over there as we do aliens over here.
This is an interesting option and handily places all our folklore into a neat and tidy complementary position. I wonder whether or not this is just another example of our status as an 'incomplete' being hence our desire for partnerships, bonding with others, desiring a god, a Djinn sex being, an earth mother, an old testament dad, etc., someone to be with us, near us, invisible but present, someone to watch over us. I don't buy the Andreason story after looking more closely into it. Increasingly my position, sadly, has shifted towards a skeptical position, especially with regards to contactee cases. I'm also thinking that until better 'proof' shows up I'm moving further and further away from the ETH. I'm thinking a lot more about how our perceptions and experiences of consciousness can be manipulated.
The joke was clear as I always like a bit of self-deprecation here and there, and enjoyed your sardonic approach. That's a tone often missing around here.
Either in and of our own perceptive inadequacies, or by an alternative design, what we are witnessing is only a very small part of the truth. A fragment of cloth for which we are constantly attempting to foist upon ourselves, a mundane, or "fitting" speculative design, in an effort to satiate our needful egos and find a home for which to accommodate our exotic remnant.

That's quite good. It is a very fragmentary phenomenon. There is always a sense of incompletion to the events. Sometimes the beginning or ending is missing, or time goes missing. It is never in one place long enough to get a full narrative. Maybe one day those exotic remnants will bubble to the surface and we will maybe see things entirely differently after that. That was another excellent encapsulation of the phenomenon for me. Thanks.

Back