• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

TSA and naked body scanners

P

pixelsmith

Anyone here been thru these naked body scanners? Any thoughts on them or the Natl. Opt Out plan?

If you think (like I do) that the ultimate purpose of terrorism is not to harm the enemy, but to trick the enemy into harming himself on a far larger scale, I'd say it's one more example of how successful the 9/11 hijackers actually were. Well, them plus the various authoritarians who were waiting for the chance to impose this stuff on us.

Hey if they want the therapy bill for seeing me naked, go for it. Though I would be interested in what study proposed this and what testing and safety procedures are involved in operation and maintenance. Localized X-rays flying at me without lead protection is a bit concerning no matter what the power level.

Hey if they want the therapy bill for seeing me naked, go for it. Though I would be interested in what study proposed this and what testing and safety procedures are involved in operation and maintenance. Localized X-rays flying at me without lead protection is a bit concerning no matter what the power level.

I think the study was called Croneyism.

I plan on stuffing a mouse trap in my pants next time I opt out.

"I plan on stuffing a mouse trap in my pants next time I opt out."

They'll arrest you for that too.

If you think (like I do) that the ultimate purpose of terrorism is not to harm the enemy, but to trick the enemy into harming himself on a far larger scale, I'd say it's one more example of how successful the 9/11 hijackers actually were. Well, them plus the various authoritarians who were waiting for the chance to impose this stuff on us.

Next, full body autopsies. Consumers fly in body bags.

I don't know about full body autopsies but full body scan does it scan your credit card, drivers licensee etc? Identity fraudsters would have a field day. However, on serious note the servicemen & women are there to protect its citizens first under their oath towards there nation not some corporation. Furthermore, until you experience terrorism/insurgency attack you have no idea of the prevention that these brave servicemen and women do in order for you just to live some form of normality.

God bless them who serve,
Peace not War,
BF

I don't know about full body autopsies but full body scan does it scan your credit card, drivers licensee etc? Identity fraudsters would have a field day. However, on serious note the servicemen & women are there to protect its citizens first under their oath towards there nation not some corporation. Furthermore, until you experience terrorism/insurgency attack you have no idea of the prevention that these brave servicemen and women do in order for you just to live some form of normality.

God bless them who serve,
Peace not War,
BF

There is nothing normal about what the TSA is doing in these circumstances, and TSA "officers" are nothing like servicemen and women. Those in the service have sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution. TSA "officers" are directly violating the fourth amendment of that Constitution, which forbids unreasonable searches and seizures. I don't think anyone can come up with a reasonable excuse for a poorly-trained, non-law enforcement government employee to look at nude images of young children, old women, and other law abiding citizens without probable cause.

Of course, if you opt out, you are treated to a retaliatory pat-down, which in my state violates our law defining sexual battery (using coercion to inappropriately touch groin/genital area.

It is not the job of our government to disregard it's own laws to give us a perverse form of protection.

Whether or not these measures stop terrorist attacks (the TSA has stopped a total of 0 since their inception) is immaterial. We were once and should still be a nation that is governed by laws, not fear.

I agree with you on the pat downs (it does go against human rights in theory but do terrorist care about human rights?) but who voted the USA government in and your congress passed the Patriot Act and is it in your act under counter-terrorism guide lines?

It is unnecessary, there have been dogs trained to sniff out explosives since WWI , guns and knives should be sorted out by a simple 'body check'.

Well, being touched or scanned (minus the minuscule rate of radiation, rather touch me), same to me.

Anyone have an idea how long medical devices go through testing to determine if it has any long term detrimental effects on health? Neither do i however No one can show me any testable data that these devices do not have long term detrimental effects. I remember my parents telling me when they were kids they would go into shoe stores in the 1940's and they had little neat devices you could stand on with your shoes and you could see your toes wiggling right through the shoes. These were neat o and fun X RAY machines that when right through there little toes right through their eyes and into there brains. I'm just saying technology progresses much faster then we can test it.

I heard a news story on the radio this morning in which several people were interviewed and expressed their willingness to go along with anything "to make them safe." The ultimate comment was someone saying, "If the government says that is what we need to do to be safe, then that is what we need to do!" When he said that I got a stabbing pain in my forehead and I had to change the station.

Your right to fly without body scans or pat downs ends at my right to fly on a plane that doesn't blow up. If you think the threats aren't real, you're in denial.

So what happens next to airport security when some twisted terrorist stuffs an explosive device up where the sun doesn't shine??

Your right to fly without body scans or pat downs ends at my right to fly on a plane that doesn't blow up. If you think the threats aren't real, you're in denial.

If you think scanning and patting down old women and young children is the most effective means of protecting us from "terrorists" you are not considering all the alternatives. I'll just put it that way.

There's a scope for that. :D
Maybe we should ask Mr Jim Marrs about the TSA scanners:) Yes dogs are a good choice but I suppose if the dog detects explosive chemicals it might be to late as the threat or intention is more likely on the way into airport these scum bags will just let them off instead in car parks or lobby. They don't give a shit about anyone except their mission lets remember and they always have watchers to film or direct in some cases. Dam cockroaches.

Freedom, Liberty and Peace,
BF

I still think massive profiling is the most effective screening there is, much like every police officer does a hundred times a day.

The technology that passes one through a chamber that blows air on the body then scans the air for explosive signatures seems like the most effective way to detect 'combustibles'-it would have have detected the 'shoe bomber' and the 'underpants bomber' where the body scan and pat downs failed.

If TSA stood down for four days during the holidays because of the potential of a massive slowdown, then the drill must be absolute B.S. If there was some great need to have the populace X-rayed or groped to be "safe" then why shut down the effort during a time of such potential "peril?" It makes no sense whatsoever.

Back