• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Truly, a favorite has passed on...RIP Lloyd Pye

...as a continuation, you know, Pye was one of those rare individuals in terms of his level of conviction. I only found out about Lloyd here maybe about 5 years or so ago. I was just perusing the black hole that is youtube when I found the video that you posted in this thread. I had read the name Lloyd Pye, but just never had a book by him, nor did I know anything about the whole Star Child skull saga apart from sensationalist blurbs here and there, which now come to think of it, wasn't it Billy Cox that pointed to some recent substantiating examination by a credentialed source that related to this skull? I'll do some checking and possibly get a link in the morning.

I already knew the ZS stuff was some seriously shaky stuff (putting it nicely) when I watched the EYKIW video. Part of me was so impressed with this man's level of sincere and genuine presentation from a purely convictional appreciation stand point, I just let it wash over me and took it in as a very entertaining night's viewing. Mixed in, however, just as you stated, a world of wonder. Especially for those like myself that mirrored an interest in any one of Lloyd's subject matter archetypes.

Lloyd had a good deal of the teacher quality in him IMO. His convictions always shown through as being the mark of a genuinely sincere "wide world of weird" sort of guy.

Sad - an quite unexpected as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if the research into the skull will pass onto another's hands?

The saddest thing is that the usual skeptical fool's parade made a far and away premature assessment of the skull (nothing but hopping on the consensus bandwagon if you ask me) which has since been thoroughly turned over. Cradle boarded hydrocephalus is not the case in the least. Funny how so many can climb on the wagon when there is a good deal of doubt in the air, yet when that same explanation gets thrown out, well lets just say that there isn't nearly as much noise making going on. I hope that someone will at least keep the torch lit and continue Lloyd's legacy. We can state whatever it is we want to about all of Pye's crazy theories, but one thing we do all most likely agree on, he was one VERY genuine and sincere researcher with the heart of a lion. We will miss him, and we need MANY others with his courage and audacity.

A quote from DR. Ted Robinson who spent over a year carefully analyzing the skull in 2004 via X-rays and CT scans :

" Furthermore, the skull was not hydrocephalic, Hydrocephaly is a common deformity which is characterized by entirely different deformities from the anatomical characteristics seen in this skull.
"

It doesn't hurt to know that DR. Robinson was accompanied by a few others. Namely: Dr. Fred Smith, Head of Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital, New Orleans; Dr. David Hodges, radiologist, Royal Columbian Hospital, New Westminster, B.C.; Dr. John Bachynsky, radiologist, New Westminster, B.C.; Dr. Ken Poskitt, pediatric neuroradiologist, Vancouver Children’s Hospital; Dr. Ian Jackson, formerly of Mayo Clinic, craniofacial plastic surgeon, Michigan; Dr. John McNicoll, craniofacial plastic surgeon, Seattle; Dr. Mike Kaburda, oral surgeon, New Westminster, B.C.; Dr. Tony Townsend, ophthalmologist, Vancouver; Dr. Hugh Parsons, ophthalmologist, Vancouver; and Dr David Sweet, forensic odontologist, Vancouver.

Here is that link I was referring to. It's extremely pertinent in light of Lloyd's passing.

{snip}

Great link and I totally agree.

RIP Lloyd, I think you were definitely onto something, and may history bear out your hunch (which IMO the data is fairly convincing *now* that it will).

Which brings me to my next point....

I rarely speak ill of the dead, and I won't when it comes to Pye. He died too young. But we did have our issues with his star child skull. You should check the forum postings after his appearance on The Paracast for more details:

{snip links}

I take serious issue with this as some sort of dismissal of the previous link and the information about the SC skull that is out there today. All I see on that thread are a lot of people parroting information we know now to be 100% false and premature judgements by skeptics with an agenda.

Really not impressive, Gene, especially in the face of the many experts who (correctly) note this is not "cradleboarded hydrocephalus". Which frankly was a stupid idea all along because it does not exhibit the signs of hydrocephalus at all, namely 1) gaps in the skull itself, which are not present, and 2) the fact (according to analysis - you can check the SC site and confirm this) that there was no fluid between the brain and skull of the SC, which would be the case in hydrocephalus. The "experts" who jumped the bandwagon to call it hydrocephalus were full of it from the beginning. It doesn't take a medical degree to understand this.

Re-read the article that Jeff Davis linked - the "DNA proof of human parents" was faulty too!

Also keep in mind that sequencing DNA for something old like this is a crapshoot, and must be done dozens of times, because only a small portion (~5%) of the sequenced genomes will be of the sample, rather than junk DNA from bacteria etc. Even so, the small amount of sequencing they have come back with is anomalous and can't be handwaved away when taken with the rest of the evidence as it exists today, not in 2007.

Last edited:
Back