• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tracy Torme & Fire in the Sky

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
In one of the very last " 1 Hour " editions of UFOs Tonite!, I hosted screenwriter and Producer Tracy Torme on to discuss his upcoming film "Fire in the Sky" on UFOs Tonite!. Tracy had been involved with the TV production of Budd Hopkins "Intruders" and was a long time interested party with the UFO subject. This was a very interesting show which gave a bit of background in Hollywood film making as well as the Travis Walton story. Torme had worked with Walton for years in trying to bring his story to the silver screen. Sit back and enjoy this bit of UFO history.

Decker

Opening Tracy Torme Show

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/TracyTormeOpen.mp3

Tracy Torme Show

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/TracyTorme.mp3

Tracy Torme created my favorite TV Series of all time, Sliders. (First Two Seasons were excellent, but after Tracy left the show at the end of Season Two, Fox screwed it up to an unwatchable level in Season Three, what a shame.)

I was pleasantly surprised to find out recently that he is into UFO Research.

Thanks Don for posting this interview with him.

By the way, one episode of Sliders he had a part in in the Second Season, had a Cryptoterrestrial Scenario. It had these UFOs taking over this one alternate earth, but the Sliders discovered they weren't from Outer Space, that they were from right here (which was the big plot twist). They were an alternate race of evolved apes known as the Kromaggs, who evolved separately from humans, in an alternate history, were super advanced, and could travel in their UFOs to different dimensions, including alternate histories where humans became the dominate species on the planet instead of them, to scout and take them over.

That episode came out in 1996.

I wish he'd restart that series somehow, after Fox ruined it. He wanted to keep it's original premise of exploring alternate earths, but after the Second Season ended, Fox took over and turned it into a silly action show where every episode was a cheap ripoff of a popular movie.

I've been a huge fan of that series since High School.

Et,

Something else you may not know .... Torme also came up with the "Dixon Hill-PI character" on the early Star Trek Next Gen. series. It was a holo-deck character that Picard used to "play" on the holo-deck. All Tracy Torme. FWIW.

Decker

Et,

Something else you may not know .... Torme also came up with the "Dixon Hill-PI character" on the early Star Trek Next Gen. series. It was a holo-deck character that Picard used to "play" on the holo-deck. All Tracy Torme. FWIW.

Decker
Oh! I remember that! That was great! Picard also went into the Dixon Hill role in the Holo-deck in a scene in the movie First Contact, If I remember correctly.

Don at the end of the show you mentioned that the guest for the show the week after this one was Fred Beckman.

Are you going to put the show with Beckman up on this forum?

Don at the end of the show you mentioned that the guest for the show the week after this one was Fred Beckman.

Are you going to put the show with Beckman up on this forum?

As I go through the shows I will have to find the one with Fred. I will keep my eyes open and when I come across it I will pull it out.

Decker

A quick couple of thoughts on Tracy. First off: He is extremely up-to-speed and knowledgeable about UFOs and was an active (low-key) investigator in the 70's and 80s. Not many people are aware that he was one of the early investigators into the Walton case and struck up a friendship w/ Travis that endures to this day. I met him back in 1994 when Tom Adams, David Perkins, Gary Massey, Linda Howe put on "Crestone II" which was a follow-up private conference to the notorious Crestone Conference in 1988 where John Lear unveiled his now infamous "Lear Hypothesis." Tracy attended both events. Since I lived in Crestone, I guess you could say I was the host. The most memorable event that occurred was a toe-to-toe between Steven Greer and Tracy when Tracy called the doc on his overblown statement "disclosure will happen in 90 days! …I guarantee it." Tracy jumped all over that one, much to his credit. Tracy also mentioned a few years later that he almost had his name taken off the credits of Fire in the Sky because the studio secretly re-shot the entire section when Travis was aboard the ship. Tracy (who produced and co-wrote) had the scenes shot as accurately as possible to Travis' real experience and the studio didn't think it was scary enough, so they re-shot it and put in the coccoons, slime and the needle in the eye bit. Tracy was so incensed he contemplated legal action etc. Tracy also co-wrote Fastwalkers with Jacques Vallee.

In 1998 Tracy and I spoke at the big MUFON conference in Denver. I remember the two of us guffawing at most of the presentations and having to leave a couple because we were squirming so much at what we were hearing. Tracy has pretty much sworn off any and all connection to UFOs because of the circus-like nature of the field. Instead he went on to produce and write Carnavale for HBO. He's a brilliant writer/thinker; extremely creative and a great guy that doesn't buy into the hollywood glitz or the ufoolgy.

Back