• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tonights episode 11-4-07

Paranormal Packrat said:
I worry one day, someone will come forward with a lot of answers, and we will all, except the woowoos dismiss the person lol. Scary thought.
One of the reasons I identify with Boyd in this episode, is that he is following many of the trails I've already been down. If I come up with the answers, I may just use them to heat my house or run my tractors. Don't know if I would even sell them. I would be glad to say "Yeah, I think that guy has the right ideas and I can also do the same thing and show you how to do it, too.", but so far, most of the ideas have just been the ramblings of people enamored by Popular Mechanics stories. When real ideas come along, (and some have), they tend to get buried and left behind the entertainment.
When I have time, I intend to pursue some of them further (Stanley Meyer's hydrogen generator, some cold fusion ideas and fusors, and some antigravity ideas of my own.), but there is a crisis coming in our country, and plenty of regular work to do until things settle out and the 'market clears' (the fights are over, etc.).
Survival first, then research.
The Forums are 'recreation' periods.

This interview was as painful for me to listen to as it must have been for Gene and David to conduct.

Who needs waterboarding when you've got an hour of Bushitman.

I like Boyd because he has a sense of humor

people just need to lighten up

it was refreshing to hear someone who is not too darn serious

Boyd most likely holds a security clearance so what can you expect him to say?

GO BOYD enjoy life

Lavarat said:
Boyd most likely holds a security clearance so what can you expect him to say?

Something coherent and interesting? Seriously, Boyd sounds like he's getting on in years, time to let some cats out of some bags...

Lavarat said:
time to let some cats out of some bags...

He has no cats, and that's the point.

He's just got a big clunky bag that he looks in occasionally, then says, "oh, I have this awesome cat in here, but you can't see it. or touch it. or even hear it. but trust me it's there."

Soulcore said:
Lavarat said:
time to let some cats out of some bags...

He has no cats, and that's the point.

He's just got a big clunky bag that he looks in occasionally, then says, "oh, I have this awesome cat in here, but you can't see it. or touch it. or even hear it. but trust me it's there."

I think he's got some cats in the bag, but they are old ones, dead ones, and missing some legs. Probably blind, too.
I think Dave and Gene did a good job of not destroying the lifelong work of a hard working old man. Even if he didn't have much to add, he wasn't lying about anything. It was a lot of guys like him that put us on the Moon. The show could have gone differently and just hammered on him until he broke down and got mad, but I think it was apparent that the hype about him was overblown, and it wasn't his fault. He believes that he has a lot of important stuff to say. In the context of people who have never heard it before, that may be true to an extent, but in the context of our community, he's in a different type of game. He worked at the Skunk Works, not at Area 51. We can't expect everyone that worked in one part of government to answer all the magic questions about every other part of government.
I'm just glad that interview ended.

Okay, I've listened to the interview three times now. Each time, it becomes weirder than the last.

Primarily, Bushman is not a rambling old fart. He tactically avoided answering questions that would breach his oath of silence about classified material. Nobody here would want anyone to breach an oath of that sort. In fact, if anyone did do such a thing, then their credibility would become suspect.

I'm not a genius scientist sort. However, I was particularly surprised about Bushman's attitude toward Newton. He seemed to elevate Newton above Einstein. All that I know about Newton is that he was a very strange person that stuck sharp objects in his own eyes. He was also the Master of the Royal Mint. He was also instrumental in Britain adopting the Gregorian calendar. I could go on .....

So... I then think about Newton's cradle (the ball bearings on string thing). Then I imagine a cradle a million miles long. Drop one ball at one end and shoot a lazer at the same time. A ball at the other end will bounce out immediately, yet the lazer beam will take over 6 seconds to get there. Evidently, there must be some forms of energy that can travel faster than light.

Finally, some participants have remarked in this thread that Bushman said he had never seen a UFO, implying that he is of no interest. My response to that is quite simple. Mr Bushman has never seen a flying object that he would regard as being unidentifiable. Perhaps the wrong question was asked. Maybe the question should have been, "Have you ever seen a flying object that most people would regard as being unidentifiable?".

I'm begining to think that it is me that has to change my perspective somewhat in order to appreciate My Bushman. There is no doubt that he is a strange character. It would be very narrow minded of me to dismiss him simply because I find him difficult to listen to.

Woody

PS / to Gene or David - Are there still a lot of downloads of this show, or did the original high number fall off?

Downloads are still progressing at a pretty good clip. Bear in mind that a show's life may extend for months. We record downloads of our very first shows, from people who just discovered us, or hadn't had time to do it previously.

I'm kind of surprised, although we also got quite a bit of response to this particular episode too, and not just here, but via email.

Woody Sideman said:
Okay, I've listened to the interview three times now. Each time, it becomes weirder than the last.
If you could do that, you need to find something better to do with your time....;-)
Primarily, Bushman is not a rambling old fart. He tactically avoided answering questions that would breach his oath of silence about classified material. Nobody here would want anyone to breach an oath of that sort. In fact, if anyone did do such a thing, then their credibility would become suspect.
There are some things that SHOULD be breached because they shouldn't have been classified to start with. If, for instance, the existence of antigravity/contact with UFO's would obviate the need for petroleum from the Middle East, don't you think that would make quite a difference in what our sense of purpose and morality in those areas are?
I'm not a genius scientist sort. However, I was particularly surprised about Bushman's attitude toward Newton. He seemed to elevate Newton above Einstein. All that I know about Newton is that he was a very strange person that stuck sharp objects in his own eyes. He was also the Master of the Royal Mint. He was also instrumental in Britain adopting the Gregorian calendar. I could go on .....
Please do, you are trying to find answers and flesh out your questions, and that's a good thing here. Don't hold back.
So... I then think about Newton's cradle (the ball bearings on string thing). Then I imagine a cradle a million miles long. Drop one ball at one end and shoot a lazer at the same time. A ball at the other end will bounce out immediately, yet the lazer beam will take over 6 seconds to get there. Evidently, there must be some forms of energy that can travel faster than light.
You're making a wrong assumption. The impact of the balls travels at the speed of sound through the chain. The laser beam would get there much faster.
I'm not saying that forces can't work faster than the speed of light, just not that one.
"Have you ever seen a flying object that most people would regard as being unidentifiable?".
You are trying to lead the witness. Unless you are assuming he saw an antigravity craft, but that since he understands them, it wasn't something he didn't recognize. I wouldn't go that far, since I don't think he understands the antigravity that he is talking about, so I am making the assumption that he only knows about 'normal' aircraft and that he is telling the truth when he says he hasn't seen anything extra-ordinary in the skies.
I'm begining to think that it is me that has to change my perspective somewhat in order to appreciate My Bushman. There is no doubt that he is a strange character. It would be very narrow minded of me to dismiss him simply because I find him difficult to listen to.

Woody
Sorry if I sound nit-picky. I hope people are the same with me in this forum (even though I might cringe). I think you have the right idea: appreciate him for what he is, give him the respect he deserves, but keep questioning our assumptions about everything we have been spoonfed by science. That's part of science. He claims to be a Top Scientist, so question him also, respectfully. We can analyze what he says without calling him a charlatan.

auntiegrav said:
You're making a wrong assumption. The impact of the balls travels at the speed of sound through the chain. The laser beam would get there much faster.
I'm not saying that forces can't work faster than the speed of light, just not that one.

Sorry if I sound nit-picky. I hope people are the same with me in this forum (even though I might cringe).

Well, since you asked... :)

I don't think the balls move at the speed of sound, he may be right that it would be immediate and beat the laser. But he is still wrong that this proves it went faster than the speed of light.

Let's instead take a mile long metal rod and place one end 1mm from the finish line, hit the other end of the rod at the same time as shooting the laser, the laser loses. But the problem is the rod did not move 1 mile, it only moved 1mm.

I could be wrong, but makes sense in my head.

Miah said:
Well, since you asked... :)

I don't think the balls move at the speed of sound, he may be right that it would be immediate and beat the laser. But he is still wrong that this proves it went faster than the speed of light.

Let's instead take a mile long metal rod and place one end 1mm from the finish line, hit the other end of the rod at the same time as shooting the laser, the laser loses. But the problem is the rod did not move 1 mile, it only moved 1mm.

I could be wrong, but makes sense in my head.
The balls don't actually all move. (well, they do in real life because of imperfections, but let's use the theoretically perfect set or even your solid rod).The force is a compression force that travels through the rod at the speed of sound. (this is much faster than the speed of sound in air, however, and in a perfect elastic solid, would move at the speed of whatever force that electrical charges consist of (not necessarily lightspeed, but the speed of charges in the material; light travels at different speeds in different mediums), as the compression force is transferred from one atom to the next.
There are some fascinating aspects of this if you can find data on hypervelocity long projectiles being shot into concrete. The concrete opens up in a shock wave, allowing the projectile to enter, then the force travels back and closes up the hole a little, locking the projectile in place. The dynamics of the length of the projectile are critical, because if the rod is too short, the shock wave causes the rear end to mushroom or bend over before it penetrates all the way. If it is long enough, the shock wave is still traveling down the rod when the rod enters the hole.
Great stuff if you can get it....;-)

Hmmmm.... I was expecting jeers of derision when I wrote the thing about the balls in Newton's cradle. Of the few (and not particularly derisive) responses, I think I still don't know what the answer is. Perhaps it is my lack of education in this area.

As far as the sound wave explanation is concerned, I think Newton's cradle would work perfectly well in a vacuum, so I don't think sound has any relevance.

As far as the elctrically charged explanation is concerned, I think the cradle would still work if the balls were made of non-conductive material. I think I do understand that light changes speed in different mediums (it slows to about 35 kph in a Bose–Einstein condensate)

What Bushman said is - that all Einstein proved is that light doesn't travel faster than light. It seems to me that Alan Guth's ideas about expansion of the universe may re-inforce this view. It also seems to me that Guth's views are beginning to be accepted by cosmologists. This is based on what he describes as 'repulsive gravity'. If he is correct, then during the period of 'expansion' of the universe, the universe itself was expanding faster than the speed of light. This then leads me to think about what happened to the photons that were already within the universe during the period of expansion. Were they carried along in their relative positions, or were they left behind, thereby eventually catching up with the matter that generated them.
It's all very confusing.:frown:

"Curiouser and Curiouser," said Alice.:rolleyes:

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
Perhaps it is my lack of education in this area.

ummm..yeah, maybe. I highly recommend that you get "Six Easy Pieces; the Feynman lectures on physics". Listen to them about 6 or 7 times, then try to tackle things like Bose-Einstein condensates and quantum 'secure' computers, etc.
As far as the sound wave explanation is concerned, I think Newton's cradle would work perfectly well in a vacuum, so I don't think sound has any relevance.

As far as the elctrically charged explanation is concerned, I think the cradle would still work if the balls were made of non-conductive material. I think I do understand that light changes speed in different mediums (it slows to about 35 kph in a Bose–Einstein condensate)

What I guess you didn't understand was that I was referring to the speed of sound THROUGH THE BALLS. Sound doesn't only travel in air.

The speed of charge I was referring to is the speed of the transfer of charge from atom to atom inside the material of the balls. That would be the maximum theoretical speed of sound through a perfectly elastic material, and would approach the speed of electricity through the balls, somewhat less than the speed of light, since the conduction of electricity requires the transfer of electrons from atom to atom (except in a superconductor), which takes more time than a photon simply flying past them.
Everything we know as 'solid' exists because of electrical charges among the particles. We do NOT know, however, what a charge really is, and the explanation of particles by using combinations of smaller and smaller particles is kind of like defining something wet by saying it is "wet-like".
It's all very confusing.:frown:
Woody

Yes. I'm sure it is when all you have to go on is the 'science' of people in our grant-sucking establishments, who, let's face it, aren't all that much different than Boyd Bushman and his "babble". (maybe a couple of published papers away)
And people wonder why I think that most of the scientists in the world are always wrong about stuff. Maybe it's because THEY ARE. Just wait a couple of funerals, and the paradigms will change. Statistically, when you consider the number of scientists (Top or otherwise), and the number of correct ideas they publish, they are actually feeding us deterrents to knowledge most of the time, and getting paid handsomely for it. Anyone up for a prayer session at the next Grant Submission Deadline? You gotta beeLEEEVE!!!

auntiegrav said:
Woody Sideman said:
Perhaps it is my lack of education in this area.

ummm..yeah, maybe. I highly recommend that you get "Six Easy Pieces; the Feynman lectures on physics". Listen to them about 6 or 7 times, then try to tackle things like Bose-Einstein condensates and quantum 'secure' computers, etc.

Forgive me deleting most your quote. I have no intention of being impolite, but I think it is me that has dragged this thread off topic.

I am actually quite interested in the content of this discussion, so if you're prepared to waste a little time educating me regarding this, please contact me in the private messages area.

Woody

Guinness will be round in the morning to award Goldberg the title of worlds fastest bullshitter.

My ears are bleeding after listening to this guy. How does he find the time to breathe? This guy is a master at piling up the bull, he even beats Sean David Morton.

Ban this guy now.

I just gotta say, after reading through the thread, my heart is warmed by the simple fact that so many of you get it. The typical level of discourse on these subjects floating around the Net really seems to be in the gutter, and it worries me. A lot. Greatest technological invention in the history of communications, and folks can't form coherent sentences. I know how bad I can be, I was never trained as a writer, but man, what passes as written expression out there is just sad.

Thanks for coming here, sharing your thoughts and listening to the show. It means a lot to me & Gene, knowing that thoughtful people are actually listening to our madness.

dB

Gene Steinberg said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Gene Steinberg said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
I worry one day, someone will come forward with a lot of answers, and we will all, except the woowoos dismiss the person lol. Scary thought.

Yes, will we recognize the real answers when they're given? What a concept!

Damn, Gene. You need to get rid of the old man avatar, and get the superman one back. That was faster than a speeding bullet, your reply. Hopefully the "what a concept" wasn't sarcastic. I'll forgive you if it was though:)

And more powerful than a locomotive.

Able to leap tall buildings with a single bound.

Look, up in the sky.

It's a bird, it's a plane.

It's a bird!

:D

I see you changed your avatar:) I need one that is a rat.

So, you're a bird. Cool, be sure to poop on KK and other's heads.

Gene Steinberg said:
We seem to be getting a great number of downloads of this episode. Maybe he has some sort of fan base we've magically tapped into? :D

Or groupies. :D:D

how many patents do you guys hold?
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/result.html?query_txt=Boyd%20Bushman
i liked the ep. , as always its your way or the highway.
i could do the same with that ufo sighting david had in south america, but if its the truth we (u, me, everbody) are after we must hear people out, even if its hard to belive.
somebody knows something.........

Back