• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Time to get Rich Dolan back on!

In a perfect world Rich Dolan would be on the Paracast:

• Total voters
I find him boring:(

Oh no way dude! I just wish he would finish his friggin' books and quit complaining about it! :D

But Dolan is one of those guys who is ok in my book. A little paranoid but maybe he has a reason. I'll give him his due and respect his perspective even though I am not on board with everything he comments on.

Oh no way dude! I just wish he would finish his friggin' books and quit complaining about it! :D

But Dolan is one of those guys who is ok in my book. A little paranoid but maybe he has a reason. I'll give him his due and respect his perspective even though I am not on board with everything he comments on.

I never hear anything from Dolan I haven't heard before, that's why I ZZzzzz with him. Nothing personal. He's relatively new to the field etc. (11 yrs I think). I'm glad he got involved. But the way people praise him has me a bit stunned. They act like he has really progressed our understanding. If he has, I'm guilty of missing the boat and apologize.

Pity he was fooled by the flares in Phoenix too. He should know better by now. I don't hate him, but really, if he's the big fuss, we're in trouble. From what I know of him, and perhaps I'm being idealistic, he's mediocre. Not good, not bad. He's doing what he should. I don't give cookies for that. I suppose by contrast of most people in the field he is indeed golden. But I'm sure I smell great compared to shit even on a sunny day. Ok, maybe not.

Aaron what do you mean he was fooled by the flares? He didnt realise that there were two separate incidents? (the earlier 'mothership' and the later flares)

Speaking of Dolan, I recently downloaded one of his old Sci-Fi Investigates episodes that he did, just to take a look. I downloaded the Roswell episode.

It was without a doubt, one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen. Rich should be happy that there werent commissioned to do more shows because I think it would really hurt his credibility. It had the usual cast of characters... Rich as the pro-UFO guy. Another younger dude as the skeptic(debunker). A hot chick as the undecided open-minded character (she had some specialty). And 3 or 4 other peripheral characters involved as well.

So they head out to the Roswell crash site in the desert and start foraging around in the dirt for pieces. Then they get these big square filter type things shake a bunch of dirt through them hoping for pieces to be left behind on the gauze. Keep in mind this 60 years later and they arent even sure they have the correct site.

Then they get some metal detectors and use them for a while. suddenly the hot chick gets a response and they all crowd around while she uber carefully digs up a piece of dirty metal that is CLEARLY a piece of farming machinery or something. But it was embarrassing to watch.

And all the while this is going on there are cutting to Rich for some talking head stuff. Then to the debunker who goes ahead and labels Rich a 'believer' and makes stupid jokes about alien spaceships. (hes making these jokes the whole time actually).

I know this is TV and I shouldnt be surprised, but this was just bad bad bad. Way worse than the current Birnes UFO Hunters. Ive seen a couple UFO HUnters eps and honestly they arent too bad, at least they look at compelling cases like the RB47 case and sometimes have actual recordings of pilot/radar operator coversations.

I felt for bad for Rich in this thing. Fortunately not many people probably saw it so it wouldnt have hurt him too much. (I realise it was probably a decent pay check for him too).

A hot chick as the undecided open-minded character

An open minded hot chick is mandatory on any serious team. I'm sure all major scientific breakthroughs must have involved a hot chick. I know because TV tells me so. Now I never leave home without one.

Seriously, why don't they get a team of the best people in the respective fields rather than wasting places on beautiful people? If they want an ordinary member of the public they should get an ordinary member of the public, not some model or actress. It really is rather infantile and only adds to the paranormal's credibility problems.

I heard someone once ask Loren Coleman why nobody gave him his own show on the history channel or sci-fi channel rather than people like Josh Gates etc. Loren suggested that he was too old and not photogenic enough for today's TV. He said that the only role they'd give him now was playing the bigfoot in the re-enactments of sightings.

We know you're just saying that for attention.

I have a plus nine dagger against trolls. But my pet kobold ran off with it.

No, the things I do for attention would have been louder and smellier and left you clawing down the doors of a mental institute I'm afraid. Whether it was to enter or leave, you tell us.

No, Aaron used to work for the CIA, and thus knows everything Rich talks about.

No, it was the FBI. Female body inspector. I learn that when I was 5. Still remember it.

Really, I don't recall learning anything from Dolan. Sorry. Besides he has poor test in shows he does. Boston Rob = just say no to the show.

An open minded hot chick is mandatory on any serious team.

Seriously, why don't they get a team of the best people in the respective fields rather than wasting places on beautiful people? If they want an ordinary member of the public they should get an ordinary member of the public, not some model or actress.

Yes that series was retarded, but to give credit, that "hot chick" from what I recall is an expert forensics technician with a couple of undergrad degrees and a masters degree.

The "debunker", or "the skeptic" as the show called him, now he was a nobody, Rob something or other, the guy's claim to fame was he was on Survivor and the Amazing Race, oh, and I believe he said he took a few psychology courses, that was before he dropped out of course. :rolleyes:

Bill Doleman is a doctor of anthropology, or archaeology, can't remember which off hand.

and Dolan, well like I said before, he's no scientist, other then the Survivor guy, Dolan is the least qualified of them to be conducting scientific investigations, and my highly tuned woo meter goes off big time whenever I see or hear him. He's gone over to the dark side, if anyone doubts Rich is a whack job, have we forgotten this piece of work....

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/1...-Densities-and-the-Process-of-Alien-Abduction

Yes that series was retarded, but to give credit, that "hot chick" from what I recall is an expert forensics technician with a couple of undergrad degrees and a masters degree.

The "debunker", or "the skeptic" as the show called him, now he was a nobody, Rob something or other, the guy's claim to fame was he was on Survivor and the Amazing Race, oh, and I believe he said he took a few psychology courses, that was before he dropped out of course. :rolleyes:

Bill Doleman is a doctor of anthropology, or archaeology, can't remember which off hand.

and Dolan, well like I said before, he's no scientist, other then the Survivor guy, Dolan is the least qualified of them to be conducting scientific investigations, and my highly tuned woo meter goes off big time whenever I see or hear him. He's gone over to the dark side, if anyone doubts Rich is a whack job, have we forgotten this piece of work....

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/1...-Densities-and-the-Process-of-Alien-Abduction

Lizzies! Ouija boards are easy to test. Blind fold the people, and/or ask to read someone's mind in the room who isn't touching the board. Wonder if they did that sort of thing with the Lizzies. If not, wonder if Dolan wonders why they didn't.

Exopolitics, and Dolan being oblivious to the working flare explanation of the light array vid is worth throwing in on top of that lizzie stuff. Last time he was on the Paracast he proved oblivious about some very easy to obtain facts involving one of the most famous "ufo" sightings.

Perhaps he has always been a wackjob

Probably not the word I would have chosen but I've never understood why this guy has such a loyal following, his critical reasoning skills are obviously non-existent. I tried listening to one of his wife's podcasts last year and that was equally full of nonsense.

Thanks for that link. Ive known for a while now that Kimball has problems with Dolans book, but Ive never been able to find any reasons from Kimball.

He makes some great points there.

But, you think that makes Dolan a 'wackjob'? Give me a goddam break. As Mac said in the comments he often differentiates between factual reporting and speculation, and honestly, writing a history on the UFO phenomenon is essentially impossible considering the amount of secrecy surrounding the issue.

Its important to keep in mind while reading Dolans book that there is a healthy amount of conspiratorial speculation, but in no way does that put Dolan in the Greer/Cliff Stone/LMH category.

Lets wait and see how his next books are before passing final judgement.

Its important to keep in mind while reading Dolans book that there is a healthy amount of conspiratorial speculation, but in no way does that put Dolan in the Greer/Cliff Stone/LMH category.

Lets wait and see how his next books are before passing final judgement.

Okay, I will wait and see. I do plan to buy the book. Still, however, the Ouija Board essay he wrote, linked several times in this thread, does have wackjob written all over it. It matters not if he was writing the review as a favor to a friend. Anyone who says that aliens, Cassiopeian or otherwise, can be channeled through a Ouija Board is fucking idiotic, period. He seems seriously to consider that the information derived from the activity is reliable. Has he absolutely lost his fucking mind?

Okay, I will wait and see. I do plan to buy the book. Still, however, the Ouija Board essay he wrote, linked several times in this thread, does have wackjob written all over it. It matters not if he was writing the review as a favor to a friend. Anyone who says that aliens, Cassiopeian or otherwise, can be channeled through a Ouija Board is fucking idiotic, period. He seems seriously to consider that the information derived from the activity is reliable. Has he absolutely lost his fucking mind?

Go to Amazon and click used if you must. That money is better spent on beer, or, gas to do your own field work etc. But honestly, don't give in to peer pressure. Buy a book by someone you actually want to read something by I recommend.

Go to Amazon and click used if you must. That money is better spent on beer, or, gas to do your own field work etc. But honestly, don't give in to peer pressure. Buy a book by someone you actually want to read something by I recommend.

I own his book. I'm referring to his next book, slated to come out sometime within the next year or so.

If I ever write a UFO book, it's going to be speculative fiction.

I own his book. I'm referring to his next book, slated to come out sometime within the next year or so.

If I ever write a UFO book, it's going to be speculative fiction.

Ah, sorry bout that then.

I have read his new book that isn't released, via a ouija board. No, actually, I channeled a pinata.... Some will like it. Some won't. Others, will say, "meh". Buy it used though.

Back