• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Time to get Rich Dolan back on!

In a perfect world Rich Dolan would be on the Paracast:

• Total voters
YES!!! Finally

Really dig the cover design:

UFONSSvol2.jpg

Yeah,cool cover! The different chapters looked interesting as well...

Can't wait to read it! :)

Richard Dolan is both intelligent and thorough. I met him at the Atlantic City UFO conference in February and bought his book, the only purchase I made. That is not to impugn the other presenters. I am hopeful that his second book will soon be released.
Best,
Fahrusha

Signs of the Times News for Wed, 05 Nov 2008

If he does return to the Paracast, please ask him about this. It sounds incredibly cuckoo. Ouija Boards and channeling, densities and Cassiopeians. Now, admittedly, I haven't read the book that he's reviewing, but his descritption makes it sound fyucking nyuts.

Yeah someone posted that review earlier in the thread. Its troubling, to say the least. But I think they are friends so he may have been in a tough position, or even may be more willing to suspend disbelief with a friend.

I believe the book is still slated for early next year. I hope its a bit later than that as I have a whole stack of books here that I need to get through. (thankyou tax return:D)

Someone handed me a flyer for this after the first day of the Fortean Times do in London last weekend. I read it while taking a crap later on (it was that or the toothpaste tube). Seemed appropriate, somehow...

Having read Dolan's book review I recall why I find this whole business disturbing. He is perhaps the most articulate, thoughtful, meticulous and responsible person in the field. He is, Vallee and one or two others excepted, as close to someone who presents a truly intellectual, well-reasoned approach as exists. Or so I thought! Then I read a piece apparently written by him (I do hope it's a fake!) in which he seems ready to embrace the use of ouija-board instellar communications with reptilian creatures who control little grey people for evil purposes. I frankly don't know what to make of this.

There seems to be little reason to expect an answer to the fundamental questions of what's "out there" when even the character of the field's experts are so often called into question, often by their own actions. How does Dolan ever again have mainstream credibility with this bit of nonsense there as backdrop? I am afraid he has just armed questioners with some very dangerous and distracting ammunition.

I think that was just a book review he did. I discovered recently that this author is a friend of his, so I would expect that maybe his usually open mind may have been a little more open than usual in this case.

Having read Dolan's book review I recall why I find this whole business disturbing. He is perhaps the most articulate, thoughtful, meticulous and responsible person in the field. He is, Vallee and one or two others excepted, as close to someone who presents a truly intellectual, well-reasoned approach as exists. Or so I thought! Then I read a piece apparently written by him (I do hope it's a fake!) in which he seems ready to embrace the use of ouija-board instellar communications with reptilian creatures who control little grey people for evil purposes. I frankly don't know what to make of this.

There seems to be little reason to expect an answer to the fundamental questions of what's "out there" when even the character of the field's experts are so often called into question, often by their own actions. How does Dolan ever again have mainstream credibility with this bit of nonsense there as backdrop? I am afraid he has just armed questioners with some very dangerous and distracting ammunition.

I agree,this wasn't Dolans best moment and I think it may come back to bite him in the arse one day.In the past few years he seems to have been gradually moving away from the meticulous and conservative approach of his first book,in "favor" of something a little more,ehm,flamboyant.Very disturbing...

I hope Gene & Dave will push him on this the next time he's on.

Richard Dolan is a credit to the field, but I think here and there he's guilty of making unwarranted assumptions. I remember on one interview with the Paracast he assigned an interpretation to a senior military official's unwillingness to talk about UFO's which was basically that this was evidence that he (the official) knew something. Not very good to that as a researcher, IMHO. That said, his book is very good. Not perfect, but very good, and the field is enhanced by his taking part in it. Just my 2 cents.

Also, in Soviet Russia, Paracast is on Richard Dolan!

I'm pretty sure he's one of the few who is making enough money in this field to survive. He speaks and wrote a hugely successful book with another 2 on the way.

Yeah I thought that too, but lets be honest, how many people do you think bought that book? Would it provide residuals?

Anyway the reason I ask is Karyn Dolan mentioned something on her latest podcast that only very few in this field earn enough money to do it full-time, implying that it was the case that Rich had a day job too.

If he can do this full time then good for him. Means his books will come out quicker :D

He seems to be getting increasingly paranoid. I could say a lot more but, out of respect for Mr. Dolan, will avoid doing so.

Well, that's kind of a tease, don't you think? I know about his 9/11 work, but isn't there anything else you can share? I think most of us who listen to the Paracast think very highly of Richard Dolan and wish him the best, but if one of our shining lights is going off the rails a little (man, was that a mangled metaphor!) isn't that appropriate for discussion here?

Anyone know what Rich Dolan does for a day-job? Just curious.

In some of his earlier essays on the Keyhole Publishing web site, or maybe on earlier podcasts, he mentioned that he has a resume-crafting service in Rochester.

And, of course, he had that Sci-Fi network gig and he does a lot of public speaking now.

Well, that's kind of a tease, don't you think? I know about his 9/11 work, but isn't there anything else you can share? I think most of us who listen to the Paracast think very highly of Richard Dolan and wish him the best, but if one of our shining lights is going off the rails a little (man, was that a mangled metaphor!) isn't that appropriate for discussion here?

Probably. Still, when I look at what he's done and compare it to my own contribution (nil), logic tells me that I should not open my mouth about it.

I'm basically just talking about stuff he's said here on the Paracast and in other interviews, vis a vis, the Corso stuff, the Cassiopeia ouija board thing, the Bob Lazar stuff, etc. A lot of stuff that seems to me to be silly BS.

Moreover, I read Greg Bishop's "Project Beta" recently. Bishop shows how intelligence agencies have worked to discredit UFO researchers by disinforming them. Dolan talks a lot about "inside sources" that tell him various things. A lot of what he thinks about the phenomenon now seems to draw heavily on these sources. Given the history of "inside sources," I wonder if they're doing a number on Mr. Dolan. It would be consistent with what they have done in the past.

Back