• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Roswell Slides Have Been Leaked Online

I've withheld my input from this thread. .. but i have been lurking...because I've nothing to add to the discussion, I'm very skeptical about the whole "event" and i am even sick and tired of hearing about Roswell BUT if what issackoi says is true then the next time anyone here gripes about cousins or even meier I'm going to friend/follow you just to unfriend/follow you. They are all swimming in the same pond except maybe some are keeping a sense of humor about it, a little nudge nudge wink wink.

I've withheld my input from this thread. .. but i have been lurking...because I've nothing to add to the discussion, I'm very skeptical about the whole "event" and i am even sick and tired of hearing about Roswell BUT if what issackoi says is true then the next time anyone here gripes about cousins or even meier I'm going to friend/follow you just to unfriend/follow you. They are all swimming in the same pond except maybe some are keeping a sense of humor about it, a little nudge nudge wink wink.
I was just listening to this, trying to get a feel on shmitt and carey....to me it doesn't sound like they were in on a hoax, it sounds like they are and still are trying to connect dots, if any...roswell slides | Podcast UFO
the audio is at the start , over a year ago, interview with don shmitt.

i could very much see where it could be a deformed person that suffered from the condition that John Merrick suffered from or the conditions mentioned earlier. Being that these slides wete taken in our less politically correct days it wouldnt surprise a bit if it was a deformed human cotpse openly shown as a carnival display as far as the Museo de las Momias de Guanajuato, i haven't looked at that yet but being the now deceased couple were a well traveled couple i could see where this was a more likely possibility. i would HOPE if Mr. Dew is earnest that he/they were able to dismiss these possibilities first before going down the Roswell entity road. The smart thing would be to leave some wiggle room as far as his suspicions and i think he did that in this video.

The reason why these two slides were segregated could be simple shame, what seemed like a curiosity at one time ended up weighing on their sensibilities and they withheld the slides from general showing .

Last edited:
I am very concerned that they are trying much, much too hard to sell this thing ahead of the event. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about it, but am willing to hold off my final judgement until it happens — if it happens.

I have no way of knowing how 'they' work, but I wonder whether we can refer to 'they' as acting in concert in these last few weeks. Carey and Schmitt seem to be remaining in the background, and the people we're hearing from -- Mausson and Dew -- seem to be acting as relatively free agents in what they're presenting (Mausson to advertise the May 5 event and sell tickets to it and Dew to perhaps use this opportunity to advertise his skills and business in Chicago). It's possible that C and S would prefer not to see advance advertising of these kinds, but have no control over it or do not wish to exercise control. After all, both Mausson and Dew are tangential associates and have their own interests to pursue. Notably, these recent 'advertisements' haven't done C and S's reputations any good, or promoted their research on the slides effectively.

Provenance. That is the key with anything like this. A house is cleared that contains slides such as what is described, but it also contains unused film from circa 1947 and the associated camera which was the same used to take the other slides with. Now imagine someone using this camera and old film to take fake photo's such as these 'slides'. Can it be done? My suspicions rest with the fact the couple who owned the camera and slides are no longer with us, if it is proved to be fake I think its disgusting that deceased people with no descendants have been used to help promote a fake to make money and will set back serious UFO research even further.

I'd missed the fact, if it is a fact, that the camera used to obtain the slides (and also unused slide film from 1947) were recovered by the people managing the disposition of the Rays' belongings. But David Rudiak's posts (at KR's site), argue persuasively that kodachrome slide film manufactured in '47-'48 and exposed in recent years to produce a hoax could not produce the clarity of the images fixed in the slides.

A post at KR's site by Anthony Bragalia today:

"A private antiquities auctioneer -even an 'underground' one- would display his ill-gotten wares in a more attractive way to entice sale. This set-up is 'raw' and the green cloth does match military-like blanket cloth of the time. The sparse, drab room in which the creature is shown does not look like someone's home or a museum- it looks government-plain. And I doubt that Hilda Ray would risk her license to practice law to attend a shady showing of a hydrocephalac or mummy.

Rather than 'private auction' I believe that this is a 'private viewing' of a creature recently deceased, partially autopsied, and preserved.

I believe that a partial 'field autopsy' was conducted. They did not have ice or dry ice out in the desert to preserve the corpses. A field autopsy is conducted when time is of the essence. The action of predators and necrosis and the need to dissect before decomposition drove them to gut the torso and abdominal cavities. Field autopsies are often conducted in the natural world when investigating fish die-off, herd death, etc.

This creature came to grief in an accident. An eye is missing as if poked out and its head is severed at the neck. Decapitation and eye injury are not uncommon in air crashes.

Some select individuals were permitted by military to view a temporary set-up of the displayed being or beings and make independent observations before the beings were transported off to other locations for further study and more secure, permanent storage."

The last paragraph is, or might be, speculation, but not unreasonable speculation given the number of military brass that flew to Roswell the day after the press release was issued from Roswell AFB. One or more scientists were likely called over from Los Alamos as well. It would make sense if a room or space were set up for the viewing of one of the recovered bodies (from, I gather, two different locations in the desert). We'll probably be able to discern more about the location of the exhibit once the actual slides are made available.

i would HOPE if Mr. Dew is earnest that he/they were able to dismiss these possibilities first before going down the Roswell entity road.

I’m glad you brought this up because RPJ Tweeted Jaime Maussan about the possibility of the slides being that of a mummy. I believe this Tweet occurred on Feb. 14th.

RPJ’s post:

“What I found on other webpages is speculation that the 'alien' is a mummified child taken in Guanajuato, where such mummies have long been a very popular tourist attraction.

One problem I find with that explanation is that, as far as I'm be able to ascertain, the Guanajuato mummies were not showcased behind a glass protection in the 1940's --the alleged date in which the controversial slides were purportedly taken.

I don't know if Maussan had been aware of the release of the slide online prior to me Tweeting him last Saturday. When I asked his opinion on the mummy speculation put forward by skeptics, his reply was a stark "Ridiculous."

I'm probably wrong but a couple of weeks back someone started a thread which looks like it took place in a parking lot at night and it showed a phantom spectre walk out right into an oncoming car and the person stopped and got out to look around. Was that not Mr. .Maussan that was narrating the piece and tried convincing me that it was legit?

A post at KR's site by Anthony Bragalia today:

"A private antiquities auctioneer -even an 'underground' one- would display his ill-gotten wares in a more attractive way to entice sale. This set-up is 'raw' and the green cloth does match military-like blanket cloth of the time. The sparse, drab room in which the creature is shown does not look like someone's home or a museum- it looks government-plain. And I doubt that Hilda Ray would risk her license to practice law to attend a shady showing of a hydrocephalac or mummy.

Rather than 'private auction' I believe that this is a 'private viewing' of a creature recently deceased, partially autopsied, and preserved.

I believe that a partial 'field autopsy' was conducted. They did not have ice or dry ice out in the desert to preserve the corpses. A field autopsy is conducted when time is of the essence. The action of predators and necrosis and the need to dissect before decomposition drove them to gut the torso and abdominal cavities. Field autopsies are often conducted in the natural world when investigating fish die-off, herd death, etc.

This creature came to grief in an accident. An eye is missing as if poked out and its head is severed at the neck. Decapitation and eye injury are not uncommon in air crashes.

Some select individuals were permitted by military to view a temporary set-up of the displayed being or beings and make independent observations before the beings were transported off to other locations for further study and more secure, permanent storage."

The last paragraph is, or might be, speculation, but not unreasonable speculation given the number of military brass that flew to Roswell the day after the press release was issued from Roswell AFB. One or more scientists were likely called over from Los Alamos as well. It would make sense if a room or space were set up for the viewing of one of the recovered bodies (from, I gather, two different locations in the desert). We'll probably be able to discern more about the location of the exhibit once the actual slides are made available.

It's probably just a mummy that is in a museum's storage room being prepared for display.

My main language is spanish, trust me, there's nothing you want to hear from that Maussan.
He's an individual you want FAR from ANY serious investigation.

IF PARACAST =
d614fb69c245bc2a82543d6c515638754212e2cc.jpg

MAUSSAN =
picture_37.jpg

Don't waste your time guys, seriously.

Last edited:
Back