• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Return of Art Bell

Actually, in business when people make unauthorized copies or use such similar names in a similar endeavor, most of the time there's some kind of legal action, and rightfully so. This is a brand infringement plain and simple. So why not defend his name and perhaps get a licensing agreement out of the deal? It's easy to draw up a proposal. It seems fair, and it costs very little to do. Only in the event of a disagreement might it end up costing a lot to pursue, and Don would be under no obligation to do that. Also, making the first move puts him in a better position should Bell's people or Sirius ever want to pursue it. It really just makes sense from a business point of view. Besides it could stir up some controversy too if Bell refused and proved himself to just be a weasel. Trust me, if it were reversed, I think that there would be a really strong possibility that Don would be getting a similar letter.

In one sense ufology is correct. In a perfect world it might make sense to pursue something like this. However, Sirius is rather large and I am sure have deeper pockets than I do. I do not think pursuing something like this would be different than swinging at windmills.

Decker

Of course that's a consideration Don, so I will swallow my pride and sign up and post at one of the c2c forums and point out this situation... assuming it hasn't been done already. .. and then cleanse myself afterwards with a good scouring. I assume that art will be reading these threads in monitoring the excitement level he assumes he's creating. Let's see if he has any shame. The irony here is that my very first post in this forum came with accusations of being your sock puppet , it may happen again. Let's see if we can get lightning to strike twice. :D

IT is Done.

some clever...and probably handsome...fellow who calls himself knottysockpuppet (not a sock puppet? naughty sockpuppet ?) posted this on bellgab Art Bell post number 11709

Dark Matter? Did not Art do his due diligence and see that there is ALREADY a show with a very similar name...that is, if you consider Dark Matters Radio similar...that covers the very same topics? Or maybe art and sirius don't have any shame and don't mind riding Don Ecker's coattails. Art should be lucky that Don doesn't have any of Disney's lawyers as a brother-in-law.

IT is Done.

some clever...and probably handsome...fellow who calls himself knottysockpuppet (not a sock puppet? naughty sockpuppet ?) posted this on bellgab Art Bell post number 11709

Dark Matter? Did not Art do his due diligence and see that there is ALREADY a show with a very similar name...that is, if you consider Dark Matters Radio similar...that covers the very same topics? Or maybe art and sirius don't have any shame and don't mind riding Don Ecker's coattails. Art should be lucky that Don doesn't have any of Disney's lawyers as a brother-in-law.

Yup, that knottysockpuppet must be some kinda suave guy fer shure ...

Decker

In September, huh? That is, If the satellites are still working. Probably one of his first guests is going to be his old chap Dr Doom, who is going to tell us why his apocalypse got delayed.

Maybe someone should ask Mr Bell if he built himself an underground bunker while he was away from the mike.

I don't want to give him any more publicity but Here It is from his face book..

I want to thank all of you for the many messages that never in a zillion Years I could answer. There is not much I
can say now. However some Months ago I asked Premiere to stop my Saturday replay, I thought they had run their
course and I wanted them gone for reasons I will not state here. They refused and continue to this day for reasons
I still don't understand, so thank Premiere for my new sho...w. I also want to thank George for signing his new LONG
term contract. Without those two things I would not be going back on air. I would only add that if Premiere is going
to continue my Saturday show, please tag it at the end with.."for new shows, please tune to Sirius/XM 104".

With regard to George talking about my new show last night, whatever his motives were, he took the high
ground and can now pick up open lines without undue fear, good move and thanks for the plug.

George has a good trait, he is a nice guy. I would like to dispel the notion however that I picked him for the show, I did not.
The bone I have to pick is with Premiere and it goes well beyond Saturday replays, I have been called a serial Retiree
on the Web and it annoys me because the rest of the story has yet to be told. I may well tell it soon and I think you will
all be quite shocked.

Back