• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Return of Art Bell

This is from few years ago. I have uploaded recording from hamradio discussions where Art Bell W6OBB comments Coast to Coast and George Noory's take on the show. If you ear is having difficulty to adopt to such a connection, you have to know that modulation is SSB. That is a very narow modulation so on the small frequency window band that hamradio operators have, more people could talk on different channels-frequencies. That is a nature of hamradio connections.

You can listen to it here:
Hamradio-SSB-Art.Bell.comments.George.Noory.mp3 - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

important behinds the scenes info uforadio thanks for the link, It's clear Art doesn't like the corporate influence Premier Radio has on C2C.

Well it does seem like drumming up buissness and what a show would be with Art, Don and Gene, Chris roundtable about paranormal field. Also the effect electronics is playing in bio-tech.

I agree DaveM, this time however it looks legit. I think anyone who would hired Bell now would absolutely lock him into a contract and specifically be aware of his back problems,child bride problems, family problems ;)

A contract can't really solve that problem or "lock" someone in, in my opinion. In the U.S., we have the 13th amendment and a plethora of labor laws. In addition, for a variety of reasons, a judge is rarely if ever going to grant a remedy of "specific performance" requiring an individual person to perform a given job, regardless of whether that person is under contract or not. If someone does not want to perform a job, then, generally speaking, he does not have to.

Depending on the jurisdiction, you can add noncompete, nonsolicitation and confidentiality clauses to a contract that, in the event of a key employee quitting, protect you against that employee competing against you, stealing your employees or customers (or, in this case, I would guess advertisers), or disclosing your trade secrets, in each case, for a limited period of time (say 5 years at the outside for noncompetes and nonsolicits, potentially longer for confidentiality). In addition, I suppose it is possible to add penalty provisions requiring a quitting employee to pay damages to the employer--though: (a) it would be shocking if these did not have outs for medical issues, etc.; (b) these are rare; and (c) due to the aforementioned labor laws and principles of equity, these are also of questionable enforceability. But those protections being enforced is a best-case scenario--not much can be done beyond that.

In any event, I'd be pumped if Art Bell came back on the air even for a few months. He is a legend.

More breaking news. Recently Art posted on his Twitter account

"This is not a tease, promise."

In addition after more multiple changes so that each character in "wanna take a ride !!!?" linked to all the songs Art used to use for bumpers on his show

his web page now displays

"Incoming
Message!!!!"

with a status bar

Art Bell

i think he finally might be done teasing this soon...

I hope so! If nothing else the man sure knows how to build suspense! Love the J.C. clip they linked in one of the letters. lol

Holy S**T!

I just read the post now this is the Second Time Don gets ripped off

""Art Bell's Dark Matter."

that is the shittiest title, real creative....bullshit

i am very glad it doesn't air at the same time as DMR and not at all on Friday, but still

Dark Matter.........fucking pisses me off

Don has used that name for years

Ok..I beleve we have given bell more time then he is due..I no longer discuss a certain youtube channel or its radio show because to discuss them is giving them publicty they are not due! I noexit this thread wish bell well and support chris and gene!

Starting early this morning I have received many many notes about the return of Art Bell with his new show "Dark Matter." Dark Matters Radio with Don Ecker is the ORIGINAL DMR ... since 2004! Accept no imitations!

Decker

Starting early this morning I have received many many notes about the return of Art Bell with his new show "Dark Matter." Dark Matters Radio with Don Ecker is the ORIGINAL DMR ... since 2004! Accept no imitations!
That's close enough to seriously consider some sort of formal action. You might get lucky and be able to strike a licensing deal without any litigation. Draw it up, make it reasonable, and send it. Who knows?

In show business, people copy people all the time. Don's best approach would be to just continue producing great shows and let the listeners judge.

In show business, people copy people all the time. Don's best approach would be to just continue producing great shows and let the listeners judge.

Actually, in business when people make unauthorized copies or use such similar names in a similar endeavor, most of the time there's some kind of legal action, and rightfully so. This is a brand infringement plain and simple. So why not defend his name and perhaps get a licensing agreement out of the deal? It's easy to draw up a proposal. It seems fair, and it costs very little to do. Only in the event of a disagreement might it end up costing a lot to pursue, and Don would be under no obligation to do that. Also, making the first move puts him in a better position should Bell's people or Sirius ever want to pursue it. It really just makes sense from a business point of view. Besides it could stir up some controversy too if Bell refused and proved himself to just be a weasel. Trust me, if it were reversed, I think that there would be a really strong possibility that Don would be getting a similar letter.

. Trust me, if it were reversed, I think that there would be a really strong possibility that Don would be getting a similar letter.[/quote

Ya Think ? :rolleyes:]

I think Randall makes a very, very good point. If in the future Don wanted to pursue any licensing agreement and wanted to avoid any confusion he would weaken any legal rights he would have by not being proactive and releasing the hounds. Just think what would happen if mr. Bell decided to use Mickey Mouse as a symbol of his show, then goofy and Pluto would be showing up in Pahrump.

Back