• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Real God: An Epiphany

Free versions of recent episodes:

Very true trainedobserver he has a very logical and reasoned approach to his videos.

There is a very good core group on YouTube that makes these sorts of videos, AronRa is very good to watch if you are looking for a good counter point to the Creationist arguments for example. The Magic Sandwich show is worth listening to as is the "Atheist Experience" show..

There is a very long list of great channels and show :)

I take a great deal of comfort in the fact that the internet is innoculating the next generation against the disease of religion.
This sham relies on ignorance to prosper, its why they didnt want the bible translated from latin to english.
And now the data is available online, but more importantly we are able to be critical of it.

Unlike Galileo we are free to apply critical thinking and expose its insanity, without fear of being forced by torture to recant

The aged Galileo, in his 70's, was taken down into the dungeons of the church and shown the instruments of torture that were going to be used on him if he did not recant. Fearing the torture, and fearing that he might share the fate of Giordano Bruno, whom the church burned at the stake a generation earlier for the same crime, Galileo recanted the truth. He was confined to his home under house arrest, neither allowed to leave or to receive visitors, for the last seven years of his life.

Why is religion retarded ?

"The Earth is firmly fixed; it shall not be moved."
-Psalms 104:5
This bible verse shackled the minds of men for thousands of years, and held back the advance of science

Thats the very definition of retarded, held back..........

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin."

Cardinal Bellarmine, during the trial of Galileo, 1615

"One Galileo in two thousand years is enough."

Pope Pius XII

Pope Pius IX wrote, in the 1864 Syllabus of Errors, that:

"Divine revelation is perfect and, therefore, it is not subject to continual and indefinite progress in order to correspond with the progress of human reason.... No man is free to embrace and profess that religion which he believes to be true, guided by the light of reason... The church has the power to define dogmatically the religion of the Catholic Church to be the only true religion...It is necessary even in the present day that the Catholic religion shall be held as the only religion of the state, to the exclusion of all other forms of worship... The civil liberty of every mode of worship, and full power given to all of openly and publically manifesting their opinions and their ideas conduce more easily to corrupt the morals and minds of the people... The Roman Pontiff cannot and ought not to reconcile himself or agree with progress, liberalism and modern civilization."

An Account of the Catholic Church's Persecution of Galileo

And likewise progress, liberalism and modern civilization, cannot be reconciled with religion

They are mutally exclusive, you can have one or the other not both, a stance the church itself endorses

I take a great deal of comfort in the fact that the internet is innoculating the next generation against the disease of religion.
This sham relies on ignorance to prosper, its why they didnt want the bible translated from latin to english.
And now the data is available online, but more importantly we are able to be critical of it.

Unlike Galileo we are free to apply critical thinking and expose its insanity, without fear of being forced by torture to recant

Why is religion retarded ?

"The Earth is firmly fixed; it shall not be moved."
-Psalms 104:5
This bible verse shackled the minds of men for thousands of years, and held back the advance of science

Thats the very definition of retarded, held back..........

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin."

Cardinal Bellarmine, during the trial of Galileo, 1615

"One Galileo in two thousand years is enough."

Pope Pius XII

Pope Pius IX wrote, in the 1864 Syllabus of Errors, that:

An Account of the Catholic Church's Persecution of Galileo

And likewise progress, liberalism and modern civilization, cannot be reconciled with religion

They are mutally exclusive, you can have one or the other not both, a stance the church itself endorses

It is a great little piece. I would take things slightly differently when talking about myself:

I agree that it is a mistake to assume an atheist or agnostic is rejecting god. For me personally, I am happy to say it is an assumption to think I reject god. However, if the god we are talking about is the god of the bible (because that is the god that was forced upon me) - then I am happy to say I reject that god. If the christian god is correctly portrayed in the bible, then I am more than happy to publicly reject that god. I want absolutely nothing to do with such an arrogant, violent, childish, attention seeking deceiving deity.

I realise that is not what the piece is about, I am just taking it in my own direction. I must check out more of this stuff!

Back