• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast — Subscription Only?

If The Paracast Were Subscription Only, Would You Subscribe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just subscribed to P+ for a year. You guys are well worth it and I'm privileged enough at the moment to be able to afford it.

There were a lot of interesting points made here. I will chime in on the point about charging for old episodes if you're not a subscriber -- I'd like to see you and Christ earn a better living for what you do.

I'd like to see Christ earn a better living too, but apparently, he is giving away his possessions instead.

No. Just no. If there were anything exceptional, unique or engrossing about the show I would consider a subscription. As it is, and has been for many years now, I consider the show barely listenable. I only DL the show now when I've exhausted all my other options - I listen to many podcasts daily. I'd have no regrets deleting Paracast from my podcast playlist.

BTW, I haven't posted here for years and have only done so because of the email request I received.

Oh, and the system did not register my "no" vote. I instead got an error message. I wonder if any "yes" votes got that.....

Good health and happiness to Gene, Chris and all you listeners!

I may have been presumptuous stating my vote was not tallied. It may well have been, but I did get an error message along the lines of There was a problem processing your vote. Something like that. I assumed it did not tally but I may be wrong about that.

I have no idea what it was before my vote. Actually, I could make a pretty good guess with a margin of error of plus or minus 1.

Long time listener, but this is my first time in the forums, i just wanted to weigh in on the paracast+ business here. Honestly, sometimes lately Gene has got on my nerves, but he makes great points and isn't afraid to slam a guest. Chris is a class act and imo really makes the show the gold standard it is. I also love Goggs (if that's how you spell it), whenever he's on.

I digress, let me get back to what its going to take for me to pay for this program. First let me explain that comercials don't effect me because I'm listening via a radio app, and can simply fast-forward, so a commercial-free show isn't much incentive in my case or many others I'd imagine. Also the 'after the paracast' content seems like it may be cool sometimes, but from what I understand it usually doesn't concentrate on anything paranormal, so what's the point? Also there's the problem of the last 5 years or so, where guests from other paranormal show rotations are more less scared to come on the paracast for fear of being shamed, which is awesome and one of the many reasons I love you guys, but if you you had access to those guests, maybe you could sustain a show for more than just once per week, which is the biggest reason I can't justify paying for +.

Give us something thats actually exclusive, that footage of Chris in the basement from last week's show, or access to the cam feed from his project when it's up and running. Give us a show where you can pick apart a Linda Howe for example, but not to the point she's scared to ever return to the show. Give us a bumper sticker! Give us an extra show or two per week. Then I'd happily give you my money. And Gene, while humiliating a guest may be ok with you from time to time, don't do your own co-host dirty man, have some humility.

That being said, I love the show.

No. Just no. If there were anything exceptional, unique or engrossing about the show I would consider a subscription. As it is, and has been for many years now, I consider the show barely listenable. I only DL the show now when I've exhausted all my other options - I listen to many podcasts daily. I'd have no regrets deleting Paracast from my podcast playlist.

BTW, I haven't posted here for years and have only done so because of the email request I received.

Oh, and the system did not register my "no" vote. I instead got an error message. I wonder if any "yes" votes got that.....

Good health and happiness to Gene, Chris and all you listeners!
the system wouldnt accept my "no" vote either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well, we made the price $4.99 a month, for which you get two weekly radio shows plus other content. Isn't that cheap enough?
im confused about the 2nd show, are you referring to the unrelated Tech night owl? i feel an unrelated show adds little to no value. For $4.99 heather wades show provides way more minutes of content per week. i dont like her format but some of her guest are eye opening. it seems that the paracast is struggling lately to fill the guest slot as round tables are more often filling the void. i would live to hear an actual interview vs filler. you could double up recordings in a week and save one for when it doesn’t pan out to have a guest. for $4.99 of my money i would expect a minimum of 2 shows a week. (4 hours + related content).

im confused about the 2nd show, are you referring to the unrelated Tech night owl? i feel an unrelated show adds little to no value. For $4.99 heather wades show provides way more minutes of content per week. i dont like her format but some of her guest are eye opening. it seems that the paracast is struggling lately to fill the guest slot as round tables are more often filling the void. i would live to hear an actual interview vs filler. you could double up recordings in a week and save one for when it doesn’t pan out to have a guest. for $4.99 of my money i would expect a minimum of 2 shows a week. (4 hours + related content).

As our pitches for The Paracast+ state, there's a second radio show, After The Paracast.

Long time listener, but this is my first time in the forums, i just wanted to weigh in on the paracast+ business here. Honestly, sometimes lately Gene has got on my nerves, but he makes great points and isn't afraid to slam a guest. Chris is a class act and imo really makes the show the gold standard it is. I also love Goggs (if that's how you spell it), whenever he's on.

I digress, let me get back to what its going to take for me to pay for this program. First let me explain that comercials don't effect me because I'm listening via a radio app, and can simply fast-forward, so a commercial-free show isn't much incentive in my case or many others I'd imagine. Also the 'after the paracast' content seems like it may be cool sometimes, but from what I understand it usually doesn't concentrate on anything paranormal, so what's the point? Also there's the problem of the last 5 years or so, where guests from other paranormal show rotations are more less scared to come on the paracast for fear of being shamed, which is awesome and one of the many reasons I love you guys, but if you you had access to those guests, maybe you could sustain a show for more than just once per week, which is the biggest reason I can't justify paying for +.

Give us something thats actually exclusive, that footage of Chris in the basement from last week's show, or access to the cam feed from his project when it's up and running. Give us a show where you can pick apart a Linda Howe for example, but not to the point she's scared to ever return to the show. Give us a bumper sticker! Give us an extra show or two per week. Then I'd happily give you my money. And Gene, while humiliating a guest may be ok with you from time to time, don't do your own co-host dirty man, have some humility.

That being said, I love the show.
I don't humiliate guests. Where'd you get that idea.

With Paracast+, there's a second show, After The Paracast.

I'm sure, since it is the 'official' funny thread part 2, what has been posted is funny - its 'official', after all. But, I decided I don't need a message in my inbox notifying me every time somebody thinks they said something funny. So, since I am here taking care of that User CP email notification stuff, I figured I should be polite and chat a post or two ...

Seems to be a working business model for some. I can think of more than one show that publishes the first half of the show (two hour shows) for free and then subscribers pay to receive the other half (interview based shows). I don't personally subscribe. These guests are in the act of self promotion, meaning they will appear on multiple shows. So, why pay for something when I can usually get it somewhere else for free? Guest A is on a show that is subscription. Guest A also discusses the same subject on another non-subscription show. What's the point of paying for a subscription to access virtually the same info? Why would I pay you to listen to Chris relay the results of his Dead Cow Research on The Paracast when I can go to YouTube and access interviews of him on the subject from other free shows (or go straight to the source and buy his books)? If you are having guests that other free shows are and going over the same info, or the guest's in her/his books/website, what's the incentive of paying you for the same information?

What makes you stand out from the free shows? A Cult of Personality ain't enough for me - I listen to shows like yours to access information, NOT yours or Chris' personal take/opinion on it all. No offense, I simply consider the general UFOer view on all of this Stuff to be simplistic, close minded, unrealistic, and served up with heaps of forgone conclusions that lack evidence and logical backing (conclusions, many of which that are part of Disinfo Operations, like the Disinfo BS called Roswell thrown out in the public domain 70 years ago).

How about the genre itself? The UFO/Little Green Men BS? Is it waxing or waning? Has the UFO/Little Green Men in physical flying saucers 'audience' changed? From the looks of YouTube, it looks as though it might have, and more and more videos are showing up with people discussing the Ultimate Taboo in the largely Atheistic (at least the Atheists are the major vocality) UFO/Little Green Men group - Spirituality/Demons/Djinn/etc. So, is your market that you are trying to reach shrinking? Are you pissing in the wind right now? Are they tired of the same old Roswell/UFO/Little Green Men from a far away planet/physical flying saucers Disinfo Garbage of the last 70 years and moving on to people with minds open enough to consider potential Spiritual Ramifications to all of this? Or, has the Disinfo been complete and thorough enough that, except for a committed few, people 'accept' the UFO/Little Green Men from Mars BS as 'normal' and not news worthy anymore or worth looking into in the fashion you do? Hell, even the physicists are catching up with their 'other dimensions' stuff. No shit, Sherlock Physicists. A Shaman in the Amazon with a leaf covering his junk could've told you about these 'other dimensions'. We have been aware of them for centuries upon centuries, including the existence of Little Green Men from the Pleadis in physical flying saucers, err, Demons that have the ability to interact in our world often in very not good ways. I, and others, call this well known, for centuries upon centuries, phenomenon the Spirit Realm ...

Being a Truth Researcher doesn't pay the bills (Cult of Personalities excepted), yet one cannot really engage in it in a serious manor with expectations of coming to solid conclusions in a part-time fashion. And once you try to make it do so, money will influence your research and presentation, for you begin to follow the money for what you think the 'customer' wants instead of following the Truth. Quite the dilemma, eh ?...?

Your YouTube presence SUCKS. For the amount of time I have spent on YouTube (only one of many places I get info) in the last several years and the subjects you cover, I should have come across your show years ago. But I didn't. Maybe this is a contractual issue with the Network you are associated with. YouTube is the ONLY reason I know you exist, Gene, and I have spent the last 5-6 years in front of a computer (and in the Field) full time, and barely know you exist. That is because of a couple interviews I came across from Chris concerning Skinwalker Ranch, an interest of mine, where the forum/show was brought up. Just in the last 5 years alone, how many eyeballs do you think you missed getting your name in front for lack of a YouTube presence? I would bet it is a significant number of eyeballs. I only speak for myself , but I spend waaaaaaaay more time perusing and using YouTube than I do iTunes and podcasts. I would be willing to bet that that statement holds true for the majority of Truth Researchers.

Maybe part of your problem is that you are fishing in the wrong Pond, and need to consider dippin' yer pole elsewhere a bit more, like YouTube ...

Have you considered a forum software upgrade (cause, ya know, we all know you really have a Money Tree out back and can easily afford such, lol) to start running some advertising spots? You can get a freelancer to do the software/switchover work for dirt cheap these days. I don't know the return you'll get on this site, but plenty of forum owners covering every subject have done this. Even if it can only help with server side costs, it might help a bit, and people (though forum people whine about this stuff) understand that it takes money to keep a site operational.

All of this is obviously my opinion, and I am obviously not the typical 'UFO Show' Fanboy and think the notion of Little Green Men in physical Flying Saucers from Planet Whatever flying around our skies, crashing (don't fly Little Green Men Airlines - they crash a lot, lol. Travel light years through the most hostile of environments unscathed, and then start crashing/getting shot down by far, far inferior technology on Earth - what a joke, lol)/being shot down/etc. borders on the absurd, so take all of that as you will. I follow UFOer/Little Green Men stuff for info and data, not analysis and talk show host conclusions - I cast a wide net in my research while keeping an open mind, for doing otherwise is nothing but Roswell/Little Green Men with spaceships and anal probes Tunnel Vision. I don't see any reason (other than software costs (maybe you'll have more luck soliciting donations from users for things like software upgrades than trying to get them to commit to a monthly subscription to info they can pretty much get in other places for free)) to not run a little advertising. That alone won't pay your bills, but it is a place to start trying to monetize this site.

And not having a YouTube presence (where MOST of the Truth Crowd frequents a lot) is a HUGE blow to your overall exposure ...

Thanks. You must not be searching for "paracast."

Briefly we do have a real Paracast channel on YouTube, where a partner is putting up shows and giving us a modest spiff from the ad sales. It's not much, but there's growth potential.

We do need someone to market the show and sell to advertisers.

Thanks. You must not be searching for "paracast."

Of course not. How can I, or anyone else, search for something that they are unaware of the existence of? That was my point - you should have come upon my radar screen, for the research and the amount I have done for years on the internet, long before you did, and it was damn near an accident I stumbled upon you at all. The network you are paired with sucks at marketing (unless they leave marketing your show solely up to you, which sounds kind of crappy since they no doubt profit from your show - who's helping who? Are they helping you make money and be successful, or is it vice versa with them concerned more about using you to help them make more money?) and is not where it could be given the marketing channels available to you in 2016. There are others, aside from YouTube, too.

GCN labels itself as the 'future of talk radio'. Problem is, talk radio is a century old thing, and that is NOT where the MAJORITY of your potential audience is looking for information - via podcasts and relatively unknown 'talk radio networks'. Wanna do a radio show in 2016? A computer and microphone is all you need, not some over bloated network that is way, way, way more concerned about its bottom line than yours ...

Lemme give you an example. I looked on GCN for your other show. When I went to that show's page I found no Technight website (maybe I missed it?), where Gene, the tech expert, has an extensive and useful blog filled with helpful information that he directs his listeners to, from which (blog) you could monetize in a lot of ways (an email list could be a big revenue generator on a tech site, among other things). And though highly competitive (making money in the 'tech venue' via digital/internet/affiliate marketing), it is that way because of the amount of money in it. You have guys raking in serious money as Affiliate/Internet marketers in the tech sector with a blog/website, and they are doing it without the benefit of a radio show to help promote said webpage. It takes time to build an income generating web property like that, but, you have an upper hand starting out, unlike most.

Alex Jones is probably the biggest name on GCN, and probably the most financially successful. Take a look at his web presence that has NOTHING to do with GCN. His movies, etc. I would bet MOST, and I mean the vast majority, find Alex Jones by means other than GCN and his radio show he does there. Keep in mind that when guys like Alex were starting out, radio was still a bigger thing and the web way less developed for this stuff. GCN filled a need back then. Today, though, especially with a co-host who's name is pretty well known in various 'Truth Fields', the need for something like GCN in order for you to have a successful talk show, diminishes rapidly ...

We do need someone to market the show and sell to advertisers.

Role up yer sleeves and get to work, then, lol. Part of this marketing is a slog that takes time before rewards become readily apparent.

What the hell do I know, lol, but that is the major point I was getting at - you have a serious marketing issue and are not (have not, since it looks like you are making changes) utilizing proven digital marketing channels, like YouTube, effectively. Before you try to devise new income streams, fix your marketing issues, else you'll fix nothing. Bigger audience means more After the Paracast subscribers and eyeballs for advertising and less having to come up with new ways to generate income, like making the whole show subscription based ...

That's all I got for ya, Gene, lol - your biggest income problem is a marketing issue more than a simple monetizing the traffic that you currently have issue. IMO, of course. It's been a while since I was last here, and the 'money woes' (stupid money, I hate the stuff, lol) were a subject of conversation then, too. You haven't fixed your marketing in the interim, though (or at least I am not seeing the benefits of it on YouTube and elsewhere, yet). It doesn't matter how good your product is - if people are unaware of it, well ...

Good luck. I know it ain't easy to try to make a living, and a meager one at that, doing this. I can only suggest you make sure to realize that done properly, your tech stuff could end being a nice payday to the point where as long as you ain't losing money, The Paracast would be a stress free endeavor for you to enjoy that you wouldn't have to stress about monetizing like you are now. Your tech show, specifically a web property, is where your REAL money is to be made, Gene, though I would hope this 'Truth Stuff' is more important to you on a personal level than gadgets ...

EDIT: I see there is a tech forum like this one, but it does not address what I was saying concerning a tech based web property - forums are not a good way to make money in the tech (or most) sectors ...

Last edited:
Back