• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast — Subscription Only?

If The Paracast Were Subscription Only, Would You Subscribe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for expanding on things.

Yes, GCN does like to the site and the Twitter account for both shows.

I'd love to see some marketing to expand the reach. We had someone really good a few years back, but he burned out in months. I'm still looking for a replacement. With the state of the economy in recent years, you'd think they'd be lining up to apply.

Thanks for expanding on things.

Yes, GCN does like to the site and the Twitter account for both shows.

I'd love to see some marketing to expand the reach. We had someone really good a few years back, but he burned out in months. I'm still looking for a replacement. With the state of the economy in recent years, you'd think they'd be lining up to apply.
They probably expect to be paid.

Some conclusions:

Although the main vote is tied, some people said they'd do it if the price were no higher than $6.00.

But when I include a number of emails I've received from members who explained why they can't or won't subscribe, I'm very much convinced that going all-subscription is not the right move. It would not only cause us to lose the vast, vast majority of our current audience, but it would provide a limited platform from which to gain new subscribers.

With the current free show, there is a huge and growing audience of potential Paracast+ subscribers. The recent price reduction (starting at $4.99 per month) and the new features are making our premium subscription service more attractive than ever. But people who aren't going to subscribe — for whatever reason — do not lose the ability to listen to The Paracast.

I'm also not at all convinced that the earnings would be substantially more than they are now, going forward. I know some of you might disagree, but it would be one of diminishing returns. If Chris or I had a best selling book or other means of regular promotion, perhaps.

I also once promised there'd always be a free version of The Paracast, and I try not to break promises.

But I very much appreciate the fact that Paul Kimball raised the issue. It had to be discussed, and I appreciate even more his kind decision to give us access to the very best of his "Other Side of Truth" podcasts and videos. You'll see more of these going up over time, as we strive to expand The Paracast+ to make it indispensable for every subscriber.

Thanks again for participating in this poll.

We still need to boost the financial base. I mentioned a possible move to an all-digital network with revenue sharing. Either way, having a sales/marketing person — obviously someone working with a generous commission — would really help. Any takers?

Back