• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast+ — 1st Year Update

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We started The Paracast+ with a promise, a version of the show free of network ads. It took several years to get permission from the network to offer a premium version. When we got the go ahead, we jumped in with both feet.

Over the past year, we've added the acclaimed After The Paracast podcast, which features after-show discussion, color commentary, special guest interviews and more. There's also a special RSS feed that you can set up with your member name and password, which works with many podcast apps such as iTunes for Mac and Windows. That way you can download any episode without even visiting the forum. We've also made some progress on setting up a video channel.

The price of admission was low for premium shows, starting at just $5 per month.

It's time to make a change.

Effective Monday, November 16, 2015, there will be a modest increase in subscription rates for new subscribers:
  • Monthly: $6
  • Annual: $60
  • Five Years: $225
  • Lifetime: $400
If you're already a member — and you keep your plan in force without interruption — it will stay at the current rate. If you want to upgrade, this is the time to lock in the current rates before the increase.

If you want to subscribe to The Paracast+, this is a great time to do it. Just check this page for more information: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

To upgrade your current Paracast+ membership, you'll first have to go to your PayPal account and cancel the recurring payment. You should find it in your profile settings for "My preapproved payments." You can then return to your forum account page, at https://www.theparacast.com/forum/account/, to upgrade your membership.

Note: For those who've asked about alternate payment methods: You can use a major credit card with PayPal without actually being a PayPal member, but you have to enter an email address not associated with a PayPal account. Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom right of this forum page to work out another payment method. We'd like to add Bitcoin, but the developer of our forum software, XenForo, hasn't worked out a way to do that yet; we're hoping.

As always, we welcome your suggestions to improve The Paracast+.

Happy birthday Paracast+:p

If I received a subscription as a gift will I be 'grandfathered' at $50 annual when I renew if the billing info changes?

Yes, precisely as we promise. So long as a recurring payment isn't interrupted, the rate doesn't change — ever. That's why it's a good idea to lock in your savings now.

I'm out. Lip service has been paid to providing more content for subscribers for the past 12 months. Several things have been mentioned by Gene over the past year, additional suggestions were made by others to enhance the subscription benefits, and yet nothing has changed, except now we're informed the price is going up. This fact, the disappointing guests lately, the prevailing attitude around the Jacobs affair and the recent announced departure of Burnt State from the forum have convinced me to put away my wallet and look elsewhere for paranormal discussions. Thanks for the past 6 years. They have been entertaining and educational.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me assure you that I have never just paid "lip service" to suggestions to improve The Paracast+. We've been working hard to implement suggestions and some of our own ideas. A video channel is still under construction. Chris is juggling several jobs to put food on the table, but will soon begin to add video content.

We've just begun to post show transcripts, and we started with two of our most popular episodes, in which we observe the memories of John Keel and Jim Moseley. As I said before, we need a team of volunteers who are willing to perform this very difficult task. It is time consuming, and it would be costly if we decided to go to a commercial transcript service.

In response to requests for an easier way to download episodes, we set up a custom RSS feed. With iTunes for Mac or PC, or with a podcast app that recognizes authenticated feeds for your mobile device, you can easily download the latest shows without having to return to our site, or this forum.

I'd like to expand the chat room into an area where we can hold online sessions, but I haven't seen much interest. It will come if enough of you want it, but it requires purchasing the right add-on that will add the features in a way that makes it an enjoyable experience for all.

Some of you have suggested we put older episodes behind the paywall, or at least create separate add-free versions. That requires a fair amount of manual labor, so we'd need some help to make it happen. I'm not certain, yet, whether we should remove older archives completely from the free area and make them exclusive to Paracast+.

I'm not aware of any plans from Burnt State other than to take a break after some recent dustups in the forums, but forum participants come and go, and return again.

As far as having controversial guests, well that is not going to change. David Jacobs has been on before without the outcry, and all we want here is to be fair about these things. Indeed I have added additional comments to the now-closed David Jacobs thread that reflect on the latest developments.

I hope you will reconsider.

Now as to our new prices:

I see that Micah Hanks' Gralien X Premium Membership is $7 per month or $77 per year.

Mysterious Universe MU Plus+ is $9 per month, $54 for 6 months, and $99 per year.

So even our new rates are very competitive with the "market."

Not that I see. No. This is the "free" version of the chat add-on that's just an accommodation. If there's enough interest we'll consider buying a more advanced package, and I will consider alerts as a required feature. I agree it would be helpful.

I'm happy to support the show with the annual. For me, it's all about the extra content of After the Paracast. The 26+ hours of enjoyment I get out of it is worth replacing the XBOX LIVE gold membership I got annually from my family as a Christmas gift to me.
Keep the archives free!!

Thanks for your support. No decision has been made about archives. It's about whether nearly 500 shows should be available in free versions, and whether putting some or all of the older content in the paywall would help the bottom line while still respecting the vast majority of listeners who aren't inclined to subscribe to radio shows.

And not everyone is bothered to watch/listen to every episode like me lol. I have the Star Trek TNG DVD box set so I'm a little OCD like that. I like complete things.

One more thing: We'd love to have custom Paracast (and Tech Night Owl LIVE) apps for iPhone and Android. That would be the easiest way to hear the shows, both free and premium.

If any of you has development skills and would like to try, let me know. We'd obviously need beta testers for Android.

nothing has changed, except now we're informed the price is going up
I wanted to emphasize this again: You're statement is not correct. We have made several important changes and improvements to Paracast+ since it first debuted. We added After The Paracast, an exclusive feature. We introduced a special show RSS feed that allows you to hear the premium shows on iTunes for Mac and PC and in many podcast apps on mobile gear. We have improved support and added instructions to make it easier for newcomers to get up to speed. We just started adding show transcripts, and we're working on delivering other features in the coming months.

No change? That's just not so.

One more thing: If you are already a subscriber to Paracast+, the rate never changes so long as your subscription remains in force. You can subscribe or upgrade your existing membership until November 16, 2015 and you'll lock in the current rate.

I just wanted to correct the record.

First off, I am highly pleased with The P+ and After The P. Secondly, I just want to make sure that there is no action required on my part to continue at the $5/mo rate. Or is there a process where I have to specifically indicate that I want to renew? Or perhaps it automatically renews for me? Just want to make sure I don't botch the procedure (if there is a procedure). Thank you!

PayPal's recurring payment system, which we use, can't and won't change the price. It's only if it lapses or you choose to upgrade to a different plan after the November 16, it'll recognize the new rate. Otherwise, you don't have to do anything.

PayPal's recurring payment system, which we use, can't and won't change the price. It's only if it lapses or you choose to upgrade to a different plan after the November 16, it'll recognize the new rate. Otherwise, you don't have to do anything.
Excellent. Thank you for the quick reply Gene and I'm looking forward to another great year of The P+ and ATP.

It has taken several days just to render the raw drone 4k footage into Final Cut. I have a ground perspective as well (45 min) included a time elapse sunrise shot! Our first video is coming, and your patience has been appreciated!

Back