• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast+ — 1st Year Update

So to even the score around the world, and the various time zones, I set November 16, 2015, at Noon Mountain time, as the debut for the new prices on Paracast+ price increase. That way you don't have to guess when it'll happen.

The ad-free version alone is well worth the $50 a year for me. ATP on top is a nice bonus. Keep up the good work fellas.

One question: I never got the PDF of Stalking the Trickster when I signed up. Is it possible to get a copy please?

As far as the Paracast+ membership goes, I'm really not too concerned about delivery dates on all the extra content Chris and Gene have discussed as I am already online more than is quite healthy. I enjoy the After the Paracast segment and it's certainly a convenience to have the ad-free version of the show, but for this podcast more than others I've thrown my pennies at it's more a matter of supporting a project that brings to light the history, complexity, personalities and debates of wide range of modern fringe studies. I think it's important that the archive remain publicly accessible and that the forums with all their history remain up and open for all to view, and my plus membership bucks are in support of/appreciation for that resource. It's a pity that the forums aren't as lively and open as they once were, but there's almost 10 years of excellent discussions and links to other resources for those who want to dig into things. If there's one thing I'd like to see/hear more of, it's Chris's jokes. For some reason I think they're extremely funny.

As far as the Paracast+ membership goes, I'm really not too concerned about delivery dates on all the extra content Chris and Gene have discussed as I am already online more than is quite healthy. I enjoy the After the Paracast segment and it's certainly a convenience to have the ad-free version of the show, but for this podcast more than others I've thrown my pennies at it's more a matter of supporting a project that brings to light the history, complexity, personalities and debates of wide range of modern fringe studies. I think it's important that the archive remain publicly accessible and that the forums with all their history remain up and open for all to view, and my plus membership bucks are in support of/appreciation for that resource. It's a pity that the forums aren't as lively and open as they once were, but there's almost 10 years of excellent discussions and links to other resources for those who want to dig into things. If there's one thing I'd like to see/hear more of, it's Chris's jokes. For some reason I think they're extremely funny.
Personally, I'm satisfied with just The Paracast being ad free for my $5/mo. Maybe I'd be more critical of other features, guests, etc. if I was paying $29.95/mo or something like that. But for $5? (or even $6), it's a great value. Basically 50 cents a day gets you ad free Paracast and ATP. Most of us spend more than 50 cents per day on Starbucks & fast food. So I really don't think anybody is going to miss 50 cents out of their daily budget.

I think we're mostly caught up. There's no automatic way to do this, so I have to manually isolate the proper subscriptions and email the book files. If anyone feels they were overlooked, just write us, using Contact Us, below, and I'll take care of it.

I suggest a new feature for the show: After After the Paracast. My only complaint about the show is that there's not enough of it! A fifteen minute catchup mid-week. Maybe it's not a doable thing, but I would dig it.

We've posted our first video in The Paracast+ Video Channel, Return to Sipapu, the one Chris has discussed on After The Paracast. It's updated in our custom RSS feed, and you can check it out in our Paracast+ forum area, available to members only.

In our description, we also include instructions on watching such MOV files on a Mac, PC, and iOS device. There are also Android apps that can play MOV files, which are created with QuickTime.

I think as of this announcement, we've delivered all the features we promised and more. There will be additional videos posted over time. Right now, we call it "Beta," because it's still being worked on, and we hope to fine tune the way the videos are presented.

I'm out. Lip service has been paid to providing more content for subscribers for the past 12 months. Several things have been mentioned by Gene over the past year, additional suggestions were made by others to enhance the subscription benefits, and yet nothing has changed, except now we're informed the price is going up.
I had hoped you'd return to respond to the comments made about your claims. Your allegation about paying "lip service" to requests and promises for more content was never true. We have even added a video channel, and more content will go up in the coming weeks.

Just as important, as you were told when the price increase was first announced, anyone with an existing membership would have those memberships continue at the original price.

The ball is in your court, Chris.

I had hoped you'd return to respond to the comments made about your claims. Your allegation about paying "lip service" to requests and promises for more content was never true. We have even added a video channel, and more content will go up in the coming weeks.

Just as important, as you were told when the price increase was first announced, anyone with an existing membership would have those memberships continue at the original price.

The ball is in your court, Chris.
Congrats on getting the video up, looking forward to looking at it:p

Back