• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known

Clinton and Epstein.jpg

By Malia Zimmerman - Published May 13, 2016 - FoxNews.com

Former President Bill Clinton was a much more frequent flyer on a registered sex offender’s infamous jet than previously reported, with flight logs showing the former president taking at least 26 trips aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights, according to records obtained by FoxNews.com.

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.

“Bill Clinton … associated with a man like Jeffrey Epstein, who everyone in New York, certainly within his inner circles, knew was a pedophile,” said Conchita Sarnoff, of the Washington, D.C. based non-profit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, and author of a book on the Epstein case called "TrafficKing." “Why would a former president associate with a man like that?”

Rest of article here: Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known | Fox News

Is There Anything to a Lawsuit Accusing Donald Trump of Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl with Bill Clinton’s Billionaire Sex Buddy?

Brexit wins....................

I think that bodes well for the Don

First it was a vote on islamic imigration
Second the bookies and polls didnt get public sentiment

This plays into Trumps side of the court imo

And anyone want to wager that the Scots won't have a second go at independence vote ?

And anyone want to wager that the Scots won't have a second go at independence vote ?

Thats the chatter already, and they might do it

But im betting before they do others will leave the EU now

More than one million refugees and migrants arrived in Greece last year. Disapproval of the EU’s policies on migrants is highest there, at 94 percent.
Oliver says the growing number of new arrivals has pushed the EU to its limits.

Could a British Vote to Leave EU Lead to Others?

It may be a tinfoil hat idea but i suspect this is true

The IMF is in the business of lending money to countrys.
It cant lend to some of the ME and sub-saharan countrys because they have no hope of paying the loans
But if they can engineer the mass migration of those populations to countrys that can pay the loans..................................

As always follow the money

This immigration crisis is big business for someone

The stats show they are usually unemployed 5 years after arrivng in their host countyrys, they need welfare and housing in the immediate term, this money has to come from somewhere.

Greece could send its navy to interdict the masive number of boat people hitting its shores, but they get on these boats with the clothes on their backs and all the cash they can muster. once they hit greece they buy extra shoes, backpacks, tents ,blankets etc. greece is making lots of money from this and they need the cash. But once they do so, greece wants them on their way.

The millions of migrants flooding europe right now have to be paid for, most of the host countrys already have a fiscal deficit, so in order to support them they will need to borrow that money.

The IMF would not have lent that money to the countrys they came from, but the new hosts are good for the debt

Lower immigration would lead to a tighter labor supply, lower output and possibly lower productivity

IMF says Brexit impact 'negative and substantial' for UK

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that no "precinct"(?) from Scotland voted in favor of exiting, they wanted to stay with the EU, another possible impetus to leave. I wonder what Boris (the likely p.m. after Cameron leaves).will have to say about this.

The Scots had one in 2014 with a slightly firmer result than yesterdays one. 55.3% voting to stay in the UK 44.7 voting leave.
Clearly watching the news the scots want to stay in the EU, But the question was singular.
If they go back and vote again it will be plural, ie do we want to leave the UK and rejoin the EU. Thats a different question than the one voted on yesterday.

Australia is going to a general (Federal) election in a week, and already the trend seems to be a move towards independant candidates rather than those running for the two major partys

http://www.news.com.au/national/fed...s/news-story/03e0a6da4b941e152cd13fb102dbfff9

I think we are seeing a global trend to get rid of the corporate sponsored partys and put the power back in the hands of the people.

I think we see that in brexit, and i think we see it in Trumps surprising popularity.

I usually avoid talking about politics like the plague, but because I am directly affected by the "brexit" I will tell you how I feel.

I am proud to be English, British and European. The three are inseparable.

The Island called Britain was not always an Island, but even when the "Land bridge" to "Europe" was eventually covered by the Sea, people still move back and forth continually.

Almost everything that people associate with being "British" is imported for example the current Monarchy*, Tea**, Fish and Chips***, Shakespear****, The Tower of London*****, Beer******, The Flag(s)*******

I could go on and on and on, the very essence of Britain is founded upon integration and assimilation.

Strange days indeed.

I find it truly sad that people are so easily and willing duped by Farage and his ilk, who for their own interest pretend to be interested in the fate of the "common man" when nothing could be further from the truth. Trump is on track to win using an very similar strategy.
It feels like we cut off our nose to spite our face, and I truly hope that the Euro does not collapse as a result, but if I was Germany I would be extremely concerned because Greece, Italy and Spain are not in good shape economically. Europe is no stranger to destruction and murder, everything must be done to ensure that we do not repeat the past. Financial unions are a good means of continuation of good relations between powers, sanctions are used for the reverse effect.

Having said all that the majority of people who voted, voted to leave so I have to respect that and accept it, I am just glad I live in a place with free elections, but I do resent the vitriol on display during the campaign, winding people up is easy, but keeping promises is hard. I just hope they turn on the right people, but invariably it is the "common man" that pays the price.

*(from Saxony, Germany)
**(From China)
***(From South America)
****(Romans introduced the Alphabet)
*****(Built by William the Conqueror Norman/French)
******(Beer is probably as old as Bread, in fact the workers on the Egyptian pyramid probably ate a similar diet to English farm labourers (Plowman's Lunch) which consists of Cheese, bread, onions or "pickle"# and Beer.
*******(St George was from the Orient)

#(a heavily spiced savoury condiment from India)

Well our elections were a political disaster, and as predicted the micro partys picked up a huge amount of support in an Anti-politics protest vote.

Again predictably the right wing nationalists with their anti immigration, anti islam anti halal policys did well

One Nation would work together to raise and "expose" issues on topics including Islam, climate science and banks, Ms Hanson said.
"Look I've called for a Royal Commission into Islam – is it truly a religion or a political ideology – and quite interesting that the former speaker of the Congress in America has called for the same," she said.
Election 2016: Pauline Hanson is back and eager to talk climate change, banks and Islam

And the Greens a party that wanted to increase our refugee intake to 50,000 a year got wiped out winning just a single seat and marginally at that.

We now face a hung parliment which means no important bills will get passed in parliment, and if they do manage by some miracle to squeek one through the senate which has to approve them is now composed of these right wing anti politics candidates.

Essentially nothing is going to get done for the next 3 years unless we have another election , which just days after the polls closed is what the news is talking about as a possibility.

Its all there in 7 mins, immigration. people want borders they dont want to see people flowing over the borders. The elites love it cheap labour, increased consumption growth figures

But the people on the ground dont want them. And when you ignore the people and just do what suits you as a politician you can expect the sort of result we are seeing the world over in the brexit, or the Trump phenomena. We saw it here in australia last week

Conservative Liberal Cory Bernardi says Australians have voted that neither the coalition nor Labor are adequately reflecting the things that matter to them.
Senator Bernardi said the coalition needed to have a hard look at itself, going from a substantial majority in 2013 to now looking at being a minority government at best.
But asked if Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull should go, he said he wouldn't go down that path as a government led by Mr Turnbull was always going to be better than a government led by Bill Shorten.
He said the Liberal Party had lost about a million votes and Labor 500,000.
"The people of Australia have rendered their verdict that we are not adequately reflecting the things that matter to them and that's why ... we've both lost collectively across our parties 1.5 million votes and they've parked themselves with others," he told ABC television.
Senator Bernardi said there was a crisis of confidence with people not trusting politicians.
"They are suspicious of us and now they're starting to look at minor parties. I don't think that's healthy for the body politic," he said.

But it does seem there was a lot of political chicanery involved in the campaign.

So some key promises were revealed to be false after the election:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/opinion/brexit-proponents-false-promises-crumble.html?_r=0

No wonder millions have signed a petition for a do-over.

Thats politics though Gene, its a dirty game. Lies get told

You have to counter them during the campaign, not afterwards.

We had the same thing here in our recent elections "mediscare" and the pundits are saying the same thing, and the reply is where was the health minister during the campaign to expose the lie then ? No point is crying foul after the polls have closed. You have to do it when it counts in the lead up to the vote

"The people of Australia have rendered their verdict that we are not adequately reflecting the things that matter to them and that's why ... we've both lost collectively across our parties 1.5 million votes and they've parked themselves with others," he told ABC television.
Bernardi bemoans major parties' lost votes

And surprise surprise those votes went to anti islam / anti immigration candidates.

Trump is riding the same wave.

Big debate here is the Affordable Care Act, which is dubbed "Obamacare." Obama took a proposal designed in 1989 by a conservative Republican think tank, the Heritage Foundation, a plan approved by Republican Governor Romney for Massachusetts, and had the same architects adapt it for the entire country.

He naively believed Republicans would approve it. It was their plan. Instead, they made up all sorts of lies to oppose it, but it passed anyway. On a regular basis, there is fear mongering about how bad their own plan is when it was passed by a Democrat. The big applause line is to wipe away each and every line of the law by demagogue candidates who have no real plan to replace it.

Oh yes, there is a threadbare replacement proposal, but it's the same one the Republicans touted in 2009 that will cause 20 million people to lose their plans, and throw people back into preexisting condition hell.

True, the AFA is far from perfect. It can be improved, but not when one party wants to destroy it not because it's bad, but because they didn't propose it first.

I can only go on how Trump is being reported in Australian media and we dont see much footage on that issue. Perhaps because universal health care is seen as a positive here. What we do see on Trump is borders, immigration, Islam. Again perhaps because thats a hot button issue here right now

The Senate is set to welcome back One Nation's Pauline Hanson and possibly up to three other One Nation senators. It will be fascinating to watch Tasmanian Jacqui Lambie, re-elected in her own right, and Hanson compete for who can make the most incendiary comments on Islam.
Conservatives have long been warning that for as long as they are silenced or punished for speaking out on politically incorrect issues like Islam, elements of their support base risk drifting to far-right parties like the Australian Liberty Alliance and One Nation. What happens for the right, marginalised under Turnbull now? Former immigration minister
Amanda Vanstone, a moderate, argues now is no time for the party to lurch to the right, but in the context of responding to Xenophon.
But
take note of Cory Bernardi in The Australian – he says: "The conservative revolution needs to either start within the Liberal Party or it will start outside of it." A space to watch.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016-opinion/recriminations-begin-abbott-forces-angry-bernardi-warns-of-farright-briggs-blames-bishop-20160703-gpxptx.html#ixzz4DUQGQFCu

At least the media has begun to fact check Trump. Most of what he says/promises are absolute lies, or so ill-thought that they'd plunge the U.S. into a major recession and add trillions to the national debt. He's supported on a visceral level by older white men who feel frustrated that this is 2016 rather than 1955.

But the underlying Dynamic we see is important.

They say Trump wont win

But they also said Britain would remain
And that the Australian liberal party that won overwelmingly at the last election was going to romp it in this election.

Interesting times

At least the media has begun to fact check Trump. Most of what he says/promises are absolute lies, or so ill-thought that they'd plunge the U.S. into a major recession and add trillions to the national debt. He's supported on a visceral level by older white men who feel frustrated that this is 2016 rather than 1955.

But this was reported on just this morning on breakfast news.
Trump has already set the media up as bad guys, so to his support base anything they say especially anything negative they say about him just makes him stronger

The media have long been kingmakers, they generally supported Brimain, and they supported the standing Govt here in the lead up to the election. What im seeing is a reversal of that dynamic. The media's opinion seems to be counting for less lately. And Trump has played that card very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back