• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall predict if Trump were to be elected as president, the embarrassment experienced by the American public would either rival, or, exceed that of both the Nixon, and Bush II administrations. I wouldn’t be surprised if the man were to be removed from office somewhere along in his career. Then becomes the question of who may reside at the helm of the presidency after Trump’s reign. The man pretty much single handedly destroyed the Republican Party, and I have the sneaking suspicion that it’s only the beginning of his path of destruction.

Occasionally, hanging out with some folks that are fairly savvy with respect to politics, they at first were laughing at Trump and his chances of actually becoming president. They’re not laughing anymore.., they’re concerned.

If King Donald is truly elected, he will most likely continue in being an epic failure, and drag nearly all Americans further down into a pit of perpetual misery.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a recent show Gene mentioned a funny John Oliver segment in which Oliver talked about Trump’s true family name being “Drumpf”. Here is that segment from a couple months ago. Oliver takes apart many of Trump’s self-promoted myths.

Here’s another. Oliver taking a look at the Trump “wall”.

This isn’t any make believe swill conjured up by Philip Imbrogno, this is developmental psychologist Howard Gardner, a professor at Harvard Graduate School of Education, sharing his impression in the ways of the Donald.

Harvard Psychologist Explains Trump Is ‘Dangerous’ Because He’s Literally a Narcissistic Psychopath

Below is another jewel, and no, it’s not Alfred Pennyworth, Batman’s butler.., its Donald’s former butler of seventeen years. I was unaware that a butler could ever be this surly, then again.., I have yet to own one.

“On Facebook, Trump's Longtime Butler Calls for Obama to Be Killed”

"This prick needs to be hung for treason!!!"

On Facebook, Trump's longtime butler calls for Obama to be killed

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn’t any make believe swill conjured up by Philip Imbrogno, this is developmental psychologist Howard Gardner, a professor at Harvard Graduate School of Education, sharing his impression in the ways of the Donald.

Below is another jewel, and no, it’s not Alfred Pennyworth, Batman’s butler.., its Donald’s former butler of seventeen years. I was unaware that a butler could ever be this surly, then again.., I have yet to own one.

“On Facebook, Trump's Longtime Butler Calls for Obama to Be Killed”

"This prick needs to be hung for treason!!!"

On Facebook, Trump's longtime butler calls for Obama to be killed

Is this idiot still alive ?

Is this idiot still alive ?

I’m so glad you’ve brought this up because it’s been rumored that after Trump’s campaign manager, (Corey Lewandowski), was charged and then subsequently fired for simple battery of reporter Michelle Fields, in needing some guidance, Imbrogno was brought in to assist in channeling Genghis Khan, with some degree of success.., if I may add.

The crucial question about Trump is not the Trump we have seen, the living GCI of a man who re-defines the term "mercurial" by becoming whatever he needs to be in order to hog the limelight and ascend the next step of the political ladder. What we need to know, and cannot know about this man, inasmuch as he enjoys the paradoxical advantage of having absolutely no political track record to critique, may define our future. It is what he is even now becoming behind closed doors as he and the well entrenched Republican establishment co-adapt by way of deal making and mutual agreement. This is in principle nothing new to either side of the aisle. indeed, such inscrutable adaptability is typical of successful leaders not only in politics, but in all socio-economic aspects of life. This is why what is uttered on record is of almost no value compared to past actions.

Since nothing succeeds like success, most Repubs will at some point pay obeisance as the price of winning, even without some kind of "collateral" to hold Trump to his word. They almost have no choice.

This is, in my lifetime at least, the first viable contestant for presidential office of which the vast majority of Americans know absolutely nothing of political or administrative value. Even if he has an ethical core (try using your imagination...) once in power, he could just as easily be an FDR as a Ronald Reagan. Although I wouldn't count on the former. He is the political equivalent of the technological Black Box. A kind of right wing Rorschach in which the angry voter may see what is hungrily sought.

Interesting times indeed.....

Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known

Clinton and Epstein.jpg

By Malia Zimmerman - Published May 13, 2016 - FoxNews.com

Former President Bill Clinton was a much more frequent flyer on a registered sex offender’s infamous jet than previously reported, with flight logs showing the former president taking at least 26 trips aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights, according to records obtained by FoxNews.com.

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.

“Bill Clinton … associated with a man like Jeffrey Epstein, who everyone in New York, certainly within his inner circles, knew was a pedophile,” said Conchita Sarnoff, of the Washington, D.C. based non-profit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, and author of a book on the Epstein case called "TrafficKing." “Why would a former president associate with a man like that?”

Rest of article here: Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known | Fox News

Say what you will about Bernie Sanders, he's not about to quit and drop out. If Clinton and the Democratic party thought he would take the hint and leave, they were sadly mistaken. Sanders won't win the nomination but he plans to make his voice heard right up until the bitter end.

I do wonder this. If Hillary Clinton can't put Sanders away cleanly in the primaries, how will she fare against Trump, someone who will be relentless in taking the fight to her.

In the 2008 campaign, Clinton and Obama were closer in delegate count, and she didn't quit till after the final primaries. It got pretty contentious then too, but they got it together.

Lest we forget, Hilary Clinton is running for president. Was she aboard that plane?

And here's a little reality check, rather frightening, about Trump. Do you really want this guy to be in charge?

The Dangerous Acceptance of Donald Trump - The New Yorker

As I was reading this I was hoping I was reading some gonzo satirical piece by Matt Taibbi but alas this author seems to be quite earnest.

I was a little intrigued by this passage though as I didn't quite know how to interpret it :
"...Bernie Sanders wouldn’t mind bringing down the Democratic Party to prevent it from surrendering to corporate forces—and yet he may be increasing the possibility of rule-by-billionaire...."

Was the author implying that the disenfranchised voters who are behind Sanders will likely migrate over to Trump when the inevitable happens, that is to say when Clinton will get the number of delegates needed to secure her nomination as the Democratic candidate?

I think some are feeling a little paranoid about the prolonged Democratic primary, even though it's not prolonged at all.

But here's an article that paints an even more frightening picture about Trump:

This is how fascism comes to America

My biggest problem with Trump, other than the obvious, is his constantly wavering policy positions, such as they are, and the hate his campaign promises express. Do we really need to hate those who differ from us as "other"?

In my youth, I ran into people who hated Jews, especially the worst kind, New York Jews. So I was the "other."

Thanks, Gene, for maintaining the Paracast Forum for lo these many years. I know it's your labor of love. It's always fun to see what others have discovered and I'm frequently amazed by it. As far as politics goes, it's nice to have a place where we can share information and even disagree without being disagreeable. While rude personal attacks seem to permeate Facebook and Twitter, I hope the Paracast Forum will always be a place where we can laugh, moan, postulate, challenge, debate, squabble . . . and then shake hands and go have a beer together. Well, um . . . cyberbeer. One last thought: Do aliens have elections? God help 'em.

It's funny in a way, but doesn't accurately reflect the fact that the Clinton Foundation has given hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars for charitable activities all over the world and has taken steps to avoid the practice claimed in the cartoon.

So here's a little fact checking.

Five Things “The Week” Should Have Reported About the Clinton Foundation

Remember that most of the attacks against Clinton are not by independent people looking for facts but right-wing and/or Republican sources that need to discredit her and her campaign.

So there will be lots to say about the report from the Inspector General about her email practices at the State Department. But few media outlets will point out that Colin Powell was the subject of similar criticisms (as were all recent predecessors). What's more, Powell put his email on AOL, which is decidedly less secure than any private email system. And he has NEVER, EVER turned in any of those emails, and has failed to respond to requests for that material. In contrast, Clinton has provided all the relevant emails except for some that weren't kept while the email was in transition during the early part of her term.

No doubt she could have done better, but what about Powell using an AOL account? Nobody in their right mind would regard AOL as a secure service.

From a Washington Post report on the email investigation:

"The 83-page report reviews email practices by five secretaries of state and generally concludes that record keeping has been spotty for years.

"It was particularly critical of former secretary of state Colin Powell — who has acknowledged publicly that he used a personal email account to conduct business — concluding that he too failed to follow department policy designed to comply with public-record laws."

The Fox News story, in contrast, barely mentions Powell, Condoleezza Rice or predecessors who did the same thing, more or less.

Thanks, Gene, for maintaining the Paracast Forum for lo these many years. I know it's your labor of love. It's always fun to see what others have discovered and I'm frequently amazed by it. As far as politics goes, it's nice to have a place where we can share information and even disagree without being disagreeable. While rude personal attacks seem to permeate Facebook and Twitter, I hope the Paracast Forum will always be a place where we can laugh, moan, postulate, challenge, debate, squabble . . . and then shake hands and go have a beer together. Well, um . . . cyberbeer. One last thought: Do aliens have elections? God help 'em.
And a hash joint too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back