• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Two

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not buying, and NOT what Soros himself contended in his *own* words when interviewed on 60 minutes by Steve Kroft. Someone with a professional track record a heck of lot more solid than either The Sun or the biographer they're touting. The Toronto Sun is a daily tabloid who's claim to fame is a pinup girl feature called Sunshine Girl - Wikipedia . Uh huh, a highly qualified and critical news source.

However, here is the *real* issue. "Media Matters for America" is an extremely biased liberal publishing agency responsible for the disseminating of propaganda information designed to offset the conservative media. http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/122497/media-matters-exposed-jacob-laksin

It's quite interesting to note (surprise!) the following from: Media Matters for America - Wikipedia

"Media Matters has a policy of not comprehensively listing donors. In 2010, six years after the Democracy Alliance initially endorsed MMfA, financier George Soros — a founding and continuing member of the Alliance — announced that he was donating $1 million to MMfA."

:oops:

I think it's high time the left take a cue from that old gray haired mack daddy (it happens to the best of us, trust me) and get their eyes cried out once and for all so we can stop hearing all this thoroughly pathetic liberal post election whining. Good lord, George Soros should just go into the crying towel business and retire on one of his islands somewhere.

It was Saul Alinsky who taught Obama How to Cry on Cue

Last edited:
The thing is Jeff @marduk has a point. Despite our economic strength and markets this money isn't making it's way to where it should be and that was one of Donald's main talking points wasn't it, socially we shouldn't be where we are.

Yes Wade, you are correct IMO. We're not, and you know precisely what operative means to a greed motivated ends I think is to blame? The media. That single wielded tool has done more damage in terms of the splintering of society than any other in the history of mankind. The divisive media injection molded mentality of the USA is purely garbage information in, garbage reformation out. IMO, it's like genetics in that we are all practically identical with respect to core internals. The media is used to create inset programming that brainwashes all of us to reflect causal pseudo differences that only ever serve someone else other than all of us. Those who are the primary core that is humanity.

Control in the name of greed is like a straight line that defines the ultimate dominant human concept of power via directed informational dissemination. It is the corrupt or evil pentacle of the dominate pack animal instinct run amok. Intelligent animals we are, and as such we are programmed to be trampled under our own feet because of the institution of the media's invisible fencing.

It's why confused and angry children are presently running around in the streets. Do you understand the absolute evil that people like George Soros actually represent, and serve to forward? This must stop.

I would suggest that everybody read the article and more importantly the comments section at the bottom of that page:

Toronto Sun corrects Soros-Nazi smear

Unlike the Paracast, they seem to have no moderators, and some of the ignorant, hateful and childish lies written there leave me shaking my head in disbelief.

I think it is pathetic that people use the privilege of freedom of speech, in such a cowardly way, emboldened by the fact that they believe they are anonymous..............

So this stuff builds up over time and is not limited to the USA... but the impact of this election obviously will boost the fascist trend on the planet.
Hopefully he gets impeached in time to reverse this insane trend.

What a proper response to Trump’s fascism demands: a true ideological left
With nothing but the politics of personality, the United States is left without any meaningful opposition. It is the failure of liberalism and the failure of the liberal imagination.

Liberalism is failing across the world
: some of the current wave of neo-fascist leaders across the globe like Viktor Orban, Reccip Tayyep Erdogan, and Narendra Modi truly seem cut from a familiar 1920s and 30s cloth but others, like Marine Le Pen of the National Front in France and Frauke Petry of the AfD (Alternativ fur Deutschland) in Germany, are trying out mixed and new styles for Fascism in the 21st century—and with great success.

In addition to having evacuated any meaningful ideology from politics, liberals cannot imagine that the new fascism won’t necessarily be a carbon copy of the old

Old stuff. Check Media Matters on his free publicity.
I found an article there that claimed the equivalent of $31 Million in free air time from Sean Hannity on Fox.
He's still lying.
I don't imagine that will stop any time soon. See - Compulsive Liar
This time about stopping Ford from closing a plant in Kentucky.
Well, considering that PolitiFact says he lies 76% of the time, and called his "collective misstatements" its "Lie of the Year, it's actually safer to simply assume that whatever he says is a lie than it is to assume it's true.

So let's see here, the fellow who says he's going to shake up Washington, D.C. is peopling his staff with old white men who happen to be insiders. Yeah, way to go.

And about all those fake stories certain parties in this forum continue to defend even though I and others show how they're not true:

Facebook fake-news writer: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

So you've got a President for whom facts don't matter. He even imagines he persuaded Ford not to move an auto plant in Kentucky to Mexico. He has no sense of nuance. It was about moving production of a small number of cars, not the entire plant. Sigh!

This seems noteworthy.

“Her margin is now bigger than the winning margins for John Kennedy and Richard Nixon.”

Hillary Clinton’s Popular-Vote Victory Is Unprecedented—and Still Growing

Some Americans will receive their change as The Jerry Springer Show intermingles with The Andy Griffith Show, with the only difference being; Mayberry at the time didn’t show signs of overt racism, as (R-Ala) Jeff Sessions may become attorney general.

10 things to know about Sen. Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general

So let's see here, the fellow who says he's going to shake up Washington, D.C. is peopling his staff with old white men who happen to be insiders. Yeah, way to go.

And about all those fake stories certain parties in this forum continue to defend even though I and others show how they're not true:

Facebook fake-news writer: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

So you've got a President for whom facts don't matter. He even imagines he persuaded Ford not to move an auto plant in Kentucky to Mexico. He has no sense of nuance. It was about moving production of a small number of cars, not the entire plant. Sigh!

Like all bullies he's testing how far he can go. There's no resistance, no one pushing him back hard on his exaggerations or lies. Right now, he probably thinks he's got a free ride. Who knows what other buttons he'll push or outrageous lies he'll dish out while in the control seat ?

I figure one of his first target will be the press, the corrupted media he calls them. Then he'll send Hillary to prison :confused:

An illustrated guide to the weird names Trump called his rivals
Why he never got sued for slander or reprimanded during the primaries boggles the mind:
  • Lying Ted
  • Little Marco
  • Crooked Hillary
  • Crazy Bernie
  • Goofy Elizabeth
  • Low energy Jeb
The Donald Trump Nickname Generator

:eek:

You could have Googled it. :)
Thanks. I did google it using the site you mentioned, but only came up with the 30+ million.
I've heard two or three billion, but what's a billion or two among friends? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/u...d-trumps-mammoth-advantage-in-free-media.html
OK so it's not really "free advertising". It's more like media exposure that's being interpreted as "free advertising". Which is not a trivial point. Paid political advertising is very different from unsponsored coverage.

Yes Wade, you are correct IMO. We're not, and you know precisely what operative means to a greed motivated ends I think is to blame? The media. That single wielded tool has done more damage in terms of the splintering of society than any other in the history of mankind. The divisive media injection molded mentality of the USA is purely garbage information in, garbage reformation out. IMO, it's like genetics in that we are all practically identical with respect to core internals. The media is used to create inset programming that brainwashes all of us to reflect causal pseudo differences that only ever serve someone else other than all of us. Those who are the primary core that is humanity.

Control in the name of greed is like a straight line that defines the ultimate dominant human concept of power via directed informational dissemination. It is the corrupt or evil pentacle of the dominate pack animal instinct run amok. Intelligent animals we are, and as such we are programmed to be trampled under our own feet because of the institution of the media's invisible fencing.

It's why confused and angry children are presently running around in the streets. Do you understand the absolute evil that people like George Soros actually represent, and serve to forward? This must stop.
The media is a symptom of your broken culture and education system.

Not the root cause. Which is your broken culture and education system.

If both of those weren't broken, you would not confuse news with entertainment.

Turn on the BBC or CBC and you get an entirely different experience, content aside.

OK so it's not really "free advertising". It's more like media exposure that's being interpreted as "free advertising". Which is not a trivial point. Paid political advertising is very different from unsponsored coverage.
But uncritical or mostly uncritical coverage of long rallies is more than free advertising. Most people turn off the ads, or just focus their attention on their iPads or iPhones or Samsungs (assuming they're not too hot to touch). With uncritical coverage of an event, people are more inclined to take it seriously. It's better than advertising, free or otherwise. You see, even though what Trump said (and still says) is easily debunked, most people don't pay that much attention. You scream it loud enough, lie or not, and people assume it's probably true. The fact checking is mostly overlooked. I mean, even with Obama's 50+% approval rating, at least half of the Republicans out there believe he is a Muslim born in Kenya, and not a person who became a Christian (born of a father who was an atheist that he barely knew) and was born in Hawaii.

Remember also that, to many people in the U.S., Hawaii is probably the equivalent of a foreign country since it's off somewhere in another part of the world.

But uncritical or mostly uncritical coverage of long rallies is more than free advertising. Most people turn off the ads, or just focus their attention on their iPads or iPhones or Samsungs (assuming they're not too hot to touch). With uncritical coverage of an event, people are more inclined to take it seriously. It's better than advertising, free or otherwise. You see, even though what Trump said (and still says) is easily debunked, most people don't pay that much attention. You scream it loud enough, lie or not, and people assume it's probably true. The fact checking is mostly overlooked. I mean, even with Obama's 50+ approval rating, at least half of the Republicans out there believe he is a Muslim born in Kenya, and not a person who became a Christian (born of a father who was an atheist that he barely knew) who was born in Hawaii.

Remember also that, to many people in the U.S., Hawaii is probably the equivalent of a foreign country off somewhere in another part of the world.
So back to the original point, it's not really the case that Trump was "treated kindly by the media". It's more the old adage, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." So you figure even coverage that was trashing him still made him more popular? Or if there was favoritism, what percentage would you say was "Trump friendly" compared to "Trump critical"?

Although the Association Fallacy is logically coherent, it is being used as an excuse to deny the obvious. The fact is that most scientific findings are based on association between observation and effect. When something is observed to have the same effect over and over again, then it is considered to be reliably accurate. The effect of CO2 as a greenhouse gas is considered to be scientifically accurate. The production of CO2 by humans is considered to be reasonably accurate. Therefore the CO2 and other greenhouse gasses produced by humans must be having some effect.

image270a.gif
image270b.gif
image270c.gif
image270d.gif
image270e.gif

How much effect human contributions of greenhouse gasses have is a point of contention. Some say that it makes no appreciable difference. Others say that a negligible difference over time is cumulative and can add-up to serious problems. Given the nature of the carbon cycle I tend to think that there may be some validity to that, especially when we're also destroying the Earth's ability to absorb and reprocess carbon.

But the Association Fallacy argument that really gets my goat is the one that hydrofracers use to deny hydrofracturing causes contaminated ground water. They say there's no "scientific proof", which is in and of itself an unscientific statement because science is about evidence rather than proof.

IMO, this is a great post because it's clearly centered on rationale, and not emotion driven, non substantiated, causal special interest propaganda.

I am dead against everything you are in this post Ufology. I could not mean that more sincerely. When fracking became an encroaching issue in my own neighborhood, because I owned enough property in terms of square foot percentages there, I was able to block the effort immediately by refusing to sign an agreement that affirmed my consent for them to frack under the land I owned. It simply denied them access.

Truly however, nothing compares to the utter tragedy (that's an exponential understatement) that is the destruction of the Rainforests around the globe. IMO, if there is a *real* humanly induced reason for any type of climate change, this *is* the biggest contributor to a substantial heightened CO2 level in our atmosphere. In times as recent as 75 years ago, Rainforests accounted for roughly 14% of the earth's land surface coverage, now that figure is closer to 5%.

Deforestation and Its Extreme Effect on Global Warming

However, that doesn't even begin to describe the potential relevance to humanly valued resource that it's destruction represents. It could ultimately mean our extinction as a species via our inability to combat disease.

The last estimate that I read was something to the effect that 25% of the Western Hemisphere's pharmaceutical medicines are derived directly from South American Rainforest plant species. Less than 1% of all the plant species in the rainforests are scientifically accounted for. We are loosing 130+ species of plant, animal, and insect life EVERYDAY due to it's destruction, and the saddest thing, most of these species we don't even scientifically recognize or know anything about. Never will. Times that by the figure 365 x the 10s of years that we've been clearing the Rainforest for virtually no real gain whatsoever.

500 years ago, there were 10 million Indians living in the Amazonian Rainforest alone. Now there are roughly 200,000. 90 different whole tribes are extinct in their entirety since 1900 alone.

I am actually very "into" the world's aqua/geo and have been my entire life. In times long since past I owned and raised a good deal of as of yet/then not keyed, or classified, species of SA & African fish, apart from formally descriptive papers submitted/filed for instance at the dept. of fisheries at UofM that had not been put on/in the books as of yet. I was mostly into SA. Long before the Chevron disaster, that would forever (in terms of my life anyhow) wipe out the importation of really cool fishes from some of the most potentially abundant rio ways in South America, I was deeply invested within the SA habitat and culture. I, along with one of the assistant curators at the Belle Isle Aquarium, before it closed down for several years, imported fish directly from SA via sources like RJ Ray tropical distributors, and secondarily through New York's natural history museum complex via a woman by the name of Ginny Eckstein. We would pick them up directly from the airports in Detroit. In those days there were lists that you could get your hands on through various resources that would describe batches of fish that had been collected from various named rivers ready to export. For the species that didn't have common tropical fish names that you would see in the trade constantly, the native collectors would use terms like weird, ugly, extremely colorful, vampire teeth, rubbery, lol! everything and anything but scientific names. The latter were the only thing we ever focused our interests on. As far as we were concerned, the stranger the description, the better our chances at obtaining something truly rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back