• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse, none of the agencies involved were told of anything, so there wasn't any time to prepare for the order. This is an example of people who don't know what they are doing.

Watch this clip from the Rachel Maddow Show last night and you will all {well, mostly all} feel a lot better. You can skip the first 3.5 minutes of it if you're not interested in a new experiment at Harvard demonstrating the metalisation of hydrogen. The rest of it demonstrates how many executive orders by Trump over the last week have been withdrawn, and why. It demonstrates that the daily horrors enacted by Trump are just "theatre." There is a Resistance movement in action against this demagogue and it is broad and deep, including people in all walks of life. You will feel better every day if you spend two hours per night watching and listening to the Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell programs on MSNBC (9 and 10 pm ET). I personally would not have survived the last several months if I had not seen nightly on these two news programs how much resistance is in place, within and outside of government at all levels in this country, prepared and motivated to prevent Trump from exercising what he ignorantly assumes to be his autocratic power in our time.

Trump, weak under pressure, caves; wall's future uncertain

Last edited:
So is there a full list of what he's withdrawn so far?

She names five withdrawn executive orders as of last night, all within days of his issuing them. Stay tuned. The two news programs I recommend above are action central for the public resistance movement now under way to block Trump's agenda (with the exception of his stated plan/hope to rebuild infrastructure, providing many more jobs).

Outstanding interview. Thank you for the link, Sand. :cool:

Masha Gessen was interviewed by Lawrence O'Donnell last night. I also heard an interview with her by MSNBC's Chris Hayes (8 pm ET nightly) in the last two months.

Last edited:
No matter who US President or any other leader ]. We all need to get along. The video below classic for the words all have mixed DNA.

Last edited:
A link to the clip?
She names five in the clip and then moves on to other issues and challenges Trump is imminently facing.
Yes I saw it. Now let's see how they respond to this nonsensical immigration order that has totally fouled up the system.

It's a sign of total ignorance catering to an audience that is completely in the dark about the facts. Nobody from the seven countries banned has ever committed a terrorist act in the U.S. But what about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia — also U.A.E., Lebanon and Egypt? People from those countries have attacked the U.S. Where did the 9/11 terrorists come from?

The President has lots of discretion about immigration, but there are laws that prevent lists of Muslims, and banning a particular religion from a country may be questionable. It appears these wacky executive orders are being written by Trump's advisors, and Steven K. Bannon is a primary suspect, who have spent no time whatever vetting them with the agencies that are involved, or considering the consequences. It's all a show to make it seem that Trump is doing what he promised regardless of the logic, the reason, or the consequences.

There's chaos at the airports as I write this.

It's a sign of total ignorance catering to an audience that is completely in the dark about the facts. Nobody from the seven countries banned has ever committed a terrorist act in the U.S. But what about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia — also U.A.E., Lebanon and Egypt? People from those countries have attacked the U.S. Where did the 9/11 terrorists come from?

Maddow addressed that issue in detail in another segment last night. If I can find that clip online I'll post it for you.

This NBC report (text and video links) deals with the chaos already created for individuals and airlines by this exec. ordered-immigration ban. Even Google publicly objects.

Trump reportedly leaving travelers stranded around the world

You see Trump can only see himself in the mirror, and he cannot see what others are going through because of his Sharpie.

President Donald Trump came from a middle class family and went to military college. He is a classical conservative. He seems to be close to the church is not a bad thing and former President Obama was the same a church going president. No matter who goes into the most powerful office in the World. They are told what to do and when to do it its part of the military establishment will always be like it or not. More concern with Dirty Bombs and what outer space threats from Meteors /Comets in the near future and the policies being made are they being done in a equitable or wealthy process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back