• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Sam Harris podcast that features Garry Kasparov discussing Vladimir Putin, the dictator who Donald Trump speaks admirably of.

Here are a few of the points they discuss:
  • As a summary, and not surprising to most people, Putin is bad news, “evil” in Kasparov’s words. As a dictator he will seek opportunities to push as far as he can towards his desire for global dominance until he is stopped. He places no value on individual human life.
  • Kasparov described some of the methods Putin used to manipulate George W. Bush. This included Putin telling Bush in 2001, when they met in Slovenia, a sentimental personal religious story which captured Bush personally and prompted Bush to make the regrettable statement,"I looked the man in the eye. I found him very straight-forward and trustworthy – I was able to get a sense of his soul.”
  • As compared to the propaganda presented in Russia during the old Soviet Union, the propaganda presented in Russia by Putin is much more negative. Soviet propaganda was largely directed towards the great society that Communism would create. Putin’s propaganda is very much along the lines of the world being a terrible place that only Putin can protect Russia from. However when it came to Trump, the propaganda presented Trump in a very positive light in Russia. During the 2016 U.S. campaign Trump often repeated negative stories about Hillary Clinton that were first created by and broadcast on Russian television.
  • Putin is effectively the richest man in the world as long as he keeps his position as head of Russia and has his hand as dictator on Russia’s resources.
  • The lack of response by the west to Russia’s invasion of Crimea further whetted Putin’s appetite for world dominance and encouraged his move into Syria.
  • The pattern of hacking free world nations and promoting a candidate desirable to Putin is one that Putin had already exercised in Europe prior to the 2016 U.S. election.
  • Kasparov said that Putin views Trump at a minimum as an initiator of chaos in the free world which would provide opportunities for Putin. This is even if there are not deeper ties between Putin and Trump.
  • In 2014 only 10% of Republican voters had a favorable opinion of Putin. But with the rise of Trump, and his continually expressed admiration for Putin, a recent poll showed that 37% of Republicans now have a favorable view of Putin, which is up from 24% in September. There are now many Republican politicians acting as though it does not matter that the President might owe huge sums to a hostile foreign power. This is hard to believe from the party of Reagan.
  • While Trump has been remarkably inconsistent on many of his views, the one area where Trump has been remarkably consistent has been in his favorable expressions towards Putin and Putin’s agenda.
  • Kasparov was not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but in choosing between Clinton and Trump he had no hesitation in choosing Clinton. It was not a matter of supporting Clinton, but supporting sanity.

US President Trump will shake up the World System and agree allies need to lift their weight in spending or go alone.
I promise you. This is one of the top 3 reasons Trump was elected. Also, most Americans with common sense don't want to be at war with multiple countries since 911. That's crazy to think otherwise. I can't believe this has happened for almost 15 years. Insane.

Hillary was threatening military actions towards Russia, and she was a proven war monger with Libya, Egypt, and Syria... all were covert targets to force regime change by covert and subversive acts of war, which is a War Crime when none of those countries were actively attacking us. As Hillary said on camera... We came, we saw, he died... and she laughed about it. Disgusting!

Last edited:
Meanwhile, my thoughts and hopes center on the memory of one man: William Henry Harrison.
A death wish is not a good idea both politically or morally unless Trump proves he's a War Criminal as bad as Hillary and Obama were, and I include Bush too. Bush did have a reason to attack and kill or capture the terrorists, but he should not have made it Nation State warfare with Iraq and probably even Afghanistan for Nation Building. That was a huge mistake!

Even so, I personally am not casting death wishes on these three that committed war crimes. I just wish they would have to face justice for it, but that's never going to happen. At least Hillary was exposed and prevented by the voters to continue her war crime record.

Last edited:
I promise you. This is one of the top 3 reasons Trump was elected. Also, most Americans with common sense don't want to be at war with multiple countries since 911. That's crazy to think otherwise. I can't believe this has happened for almost 15 years. Insane.

Hillary was threatening military actions towards Russia, and she was a proven war monger with Libya, Egypt, and Syria... all were covert targets to force regime change by covert and subversive acts of war, which is a War Crime when none of those countries were actively attacking us. As Hillary said on camera... We came, we saw, he died... and she laughed about it. Disgusting!

H has no class in my book and her team let US Servicemen die in Benghazi and she had the power to get the British (NATO) RAF, Sp in to help out there and they offered. US Ambassador was left to die at hands of Jihadis (ISIS backed) terrorist. Yes I get negative responses from lefties who think it ok to see American die . Agree US has been at war for 15 years so as its allies (the ones who are their boots on the ground) or supporting from logistics in all manners. There is bad people out there who want to kill Westerns and their children. Like it not it's going to get worse no matter who's in charge of the US and its allies we are at war.

Last edited:
Rex Tillerson (Trump's pick for Secretary of State) is the head of ExxonMobil, which is in possession of patented technology that could help Putin extract 45% more oil at a significant cost savings to Russia, helping Putin put money in the Russian coffers to help reconstitute its military and finally afford to mass produce the new and improved systems that it had invented before the Russian economy had slowed so much.

Putin cannot get access to these new cost saving technologies OR outside oil field development money, due to US sanctions on Russia, because of its involvement in Ukrainian civil war.

Look for Trump to end sanctions on Russia and to back out of the Iranian nuclear deal, to help Russia rebuild its economy, strengthen Putin and make Tillerson and Trump even richer, thus allowing Trump to satisfy his creditors at Blackstone.

With Trump's fabricated hatred of NATO and the U.N., the Russian military reconstituted, the threat to the Baltic states is real. Russia retaking their access to the Baltic Sea from Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia and threatening the shipping of millions of cubic feet of natural gas to lower Europe from Scandinavia, allowing Russia to make a good case for its oil and gas being piped into eastern Europe."
I'm awaiting for new orders from Trump or Putin himself to continue my psyops, so unless someone asks me a question or replies to one of my posts I'm giving this thread a rest for a few days or more. I'm sure many would enjoy a break, and I agree. :)

I know for a fact Trump has been thinking of becoming President since the 1990's, so he was no doubt plotting with Putin to takeover America. Trump is so greedy to take the Russian money in loans, but Putin really outwitted him for the last 25 years and will get free use of the Exxon patents to takeover the EU.

I'm a genius to have gotten my top secret connections with these two, so I'm really going to make it big time and big league. The Russian dolls are on the way, and the ritual showers will be warm and golden. Our enemies can't win with the traitor team we've assembled. :D

Last edited:
H has no class in my book and her team let US Servicemen die in Benghazi and she had the power to get the British (NATO) RAF, Sp in to help out there and they offered. US Ambassador was left to die at hands of Jihadis (ISIS backed) terrorist. Yes I get negative responses from lefties who think it ok to see American die . Agree US has been at war for 15 years so as its allies (the ones who are their boots on the ground) or supporting from logistics in all manners. There is bad people out there who want to kill Westerns and their children. Like it not it's going to get worse no matter who's in charge of the US and its allies we are at war.
You do not seem to understand that, in the second Bush administration, several dozen people died during attacks on American diplomatic installations. No Secretary of State was demonized for those events, which represent well-known dangers of such service.

The U.S. Congress investigated Benghazi multiple times and did not find any fault with how Clinton handled the situation. One Republican leader admitted, on a Fox News show that I heard, that the goal of those repeated investigations was to bring down Clinton, not to deal with the problem. One problem was a lack of resources for security, and Republicans have turned down requests for more funds for the State Department to cover such needs.

That's putting the facts on the table.

You miss the point. Attacks on American diplomatic offices have occurred before Benghazi. Indeed, the Obama administration rates better than others, because there were fewer incidents that resulted in deaths. In fact one, which is far better.

As to the mother of the victim, what about the mothers of the dozens who died during the second Bush administration. Did they get justice?

This woman has been manipulated by the right wing to believe things that aren't so. Sad.

If they had assets that they could have called upon in time, they would have had them there. The nuts and bolts have been explained. Don't fall for the simple-minded excuses from the ring wing.

To think they'd just let people die is offensive and simply at variance with the facts. Multiple Republican hearings on Benghazi failed to show any wrongdoing on the part of Clinton.

Beside the 30K bikers who arrived in DC to protect the newly selected psychotic/fascist/demagogue, the clip below summarizes the festivities. Sources close to the event believe it was Marvel’s superhero, Luke Cage who threw the punch; however, others disagree in suggesting Spencer’s cranium would have been discovered blocks away.

Irrespective, Donald & his cohorts are obviously adept at nurturing racism.

“Make America Great Again”..., fat chance with doomsday Donny.

White nationalist Richard Spencer punched in the face on camera - The Washington Post

On the brighter side, anyone with disposable income may want to consider investing in the future.

The odds on Donald Trump being impeached have been slashed

The most interesting question about Trump's inaugural address is who he had translate it from the original Russian.

Meanwhile, my thoughts and hopes center on the memory of one man: William Henry Harrison.
For those not up on history. Harrison rode in an open carrage. Gave a 2 hour speech with out a coat or hat in a freezing rain. Then attended 4 balls.
He became ill but his scedule did not allow him rest. He developed pnomia and died 30 days after his inauguration.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I caught the tail end of his speech (I believe it was the tail end) on Charlie Rose very late at night after coming into my hotel room. It was painful to watch (and I didn't watch for very long). What I saw was as Dan Rather describes in the below link. I was startled at the very weak applause coming in at moments when he was clearly expecting a campaign rally kind of echo chamber. It wasn't there. As Rather states: "President Trump now works for us – all of us. And if he forgets that, it will be our duty to remind him." Thing is, he likely doesn't understand his accountability.

Dan Rather Just Went Viral Shredding Trump’s Inauguration Speech
LINK:
Dan Rather Just Went Viral Shredding Trump's Inauguration Speech
TEXT: Dan Rather, former CBS Evening News anchor, has released an elegant, tragic statement about the Donald Trump presidential inauguration that occurred today at noon. He sums up the collective anxiety that is gripping the majority of Americans as we enter into the great unknown. Rather elucidates the reasons why the American people are faced with so much uncertainty heading into a presidency, when normally the incoming president is transparent.

And so it begins.

Of the nearly 20 inaugurations I can remember, there has never been one that felt like today. Not even close. Never mind the question of the small size of the crowds, or the boycott by dozens of lawmakers, or even the protest marches slated for tomorrow across the country. Those are plays upon the stage. What is truly unprecedented in my mind is the sheer magnitude of quickening heartbeats in millions of Americans, a majority of our country if the polls are to be believed, that face today buffeted within and without by the simmering ache of dread.

I have never seen my country on an inauguration day so divided, so anxious, so fearful, so uncertain of its course.

I have never seen a transition so divisive with cabinet picks so encumbered by serious questions of qualifications and ethics.

I have never seen the specter of a foreign foe cast such a dark shadow over the workings of our democracy.

I have never seen an incoming president so preoccupied with responding to the understandable vagaries of dissent and seemingly unwilling to contend with the full weight and responsibilities of the most powerful job in the world.

I have never seen such a tangled web of conflicting interests.

Despite the pageantry of unity on display at the Capitol today, there is a piercing sense that we are entering a chapter in our nation’s evolving story unlike one ever yet written. To be sure, there are millions of Donald Trump supporters who are euphoric with their candidate’s rise. Other Trump voters have expressed reservations, having preferred his bluster to his rival’s perceived shortcomings in the last election, but admitting more and more that they are not sure what kind of man they bestowed the keys to the presidency. The rest of America – the majority of voters – would not be – and indeed is not – hesitant in sharing its conclusions on the character and fitness of Donald Trump for the office he now holds.

The hope one hears from even some of Donald Trump’s critics is that this moment might change him. Perhaps, as he stood there on a grey, drab, January day, reciting the solemn oath of office demanded by our Constitution, as he looked out across what Charles Dickens once called the “city of magnificent intentions”, he would somehow grasp the importance of what he was undertaking. Perhaps he would understand that he must be the president of all the United States, in action as well as in word. Perhaps, but there has already been so much past that is prologue.

There is usually much fanfare around inaugural addresses. They are also usually forgotten – with some notable exceptions. I think today will be remembered, not so much for the rhetoric or the turns of phrase but for the man who delivered them and the era they usher us forth.

Mr. Trump’s delivery was staccato and there was very little eye contact as he seemed to be reading carefully from a teleprompter. His words and tone were angry and defiant. He is still in campaign mode and nary a whiff of a unifying spirit. There was little or nothing of uplift – the rhetoric of Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, or Reagan. We heard a cavalcade of slogans and one liners, of huge promises to “bring back” an America – whatever that really means to many who look at our history and see progress in our current society.

The speech started with a message of an establishment in Washington earning riches on the back of struggling families across the country. It was an odd note, considering the background of many of his cabinet picks. President Trump painted a very dark picture of the current state of our nation, beset by gangs and drugs and violence, regardless of what the data shows. His words swelled with his economic populism and the nationalism of “America first.” The applause was sparse, and I imagine many more being turned off, even sickened, rather than inspired by what our new President had to say. President Obama looked on with an opaque poker face. One could only imagine what he was thinking.

It bears remembering that one never can predict the arc of a presidency. It is an office that is far too often shaped by circumstance well beyond its occupant’s control. Those challenges, wherever and however they may rise, now will fall on the desk of President Trump. We can only see what will happen. We hope, for the security and sanctity of our Republic, that Mr. Trump will respond to the challenges with circumspection and wisdom. Today’s rhetoric was not reassuring.

Our democracy demands debate and dissent – fierce, sustained, and unflinching when necessary. I sense that tide is rising amongst an opposition eager to toss aside passivity for action. We are already seeing a more emboldened Democratic party than I have witnessed in ages. It is being fueled by a fervent energy bubbling from the grassroots up, rather than the top down.

These are the swirling currents about our ship of state. We now have a new and untested captain. His power is immense, but it is not bestowed from a divinity on high. It is derived, as the saying goes, from the consent of the governed. That means President Trump now works for us – all of us. And if he forgets that, it will be our duty to remind him.

Rather’s final two sentences are a reminder that we need to maintain hope for our great nation’s future and not be beaten down by Trump’s authoritarian rhetoric. Like it or not, Trump is our president and we are not going let him act otherwise.

Despite all the paranoia in here, it's genius, we have you now! Our top secret Bromance Agent of Change is none other than code worded Mr. Brexit.

Nigel Farage would be great UK ambassador to US, says Donald Trump

Yes, the master plan really started with Brexit, but we'll let you stay focused on the other bromance you genius's have figured-out with the pee-word. LOL. It's golden.

Nigel Farage would be great UK ambassador to US, says Donald Trump

Farage said it was further evidence a shakeup was needed at the top of politics, with a barely veiled dig at the prime minister. “Those who supported remain now hold senior positions,” he said. “Worst still, those who were openly abusive about Trump now pretend to be his friend. It is career politics at its worst and it is now getting in the way of the national interest.”

Repeating his offer of help, which had been rejected by Downing Street on multiple occasions, Farage said: “The world has changed and it’s time that Downing Street did too.”

Nigel Farage to become commentator on Rupert Murdoch's Fox News

Nigel Farage’s love affair with Donald Trump’s America has taken another leap forward with news the former Ukip leader is to become a commentator on Fox News.

Last edited:
BBC shows how Trump is going to kick ass... it's happening...

Snowflakes! You're going to melt away! Have to get a real job. Embrace Mr. Brexit or cling to your paranoia highs for the golden showers... because I know you know, the Buzz Feed that Putin is coming! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back