• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no content in what you repond.
You question my citizenship, lol. :D
I do. :cool:
This will all be over by Dec 19th.
It will.
We'll see what the electors do and what happens as a result of it. I think they're gonna say 'Trump wins'
Probably right.
and a bunch of snowflakes and pseudo-intellectuals will lament and gnash their teeth.
It's this that makes your credibility zero. :rolleyes:
I was just saying that I don't think the voters who did vote for Trump would take it sitting down if the Lefty wet dream were to happen.
What is the 'lefty wet dream'? I've never heard of such.
And, yes, Leftists deserve a smackdown and as often as possible. I love to see it.
In 'smaking down' the leftists (how is that done?) what exactly is being 'smacked down' (and how)? It's unclear - since Trump was saying things that Bernie Sanders (a 'leftist' I guess) was saying. They were in unison about a lot of stuff - so explain what 'leftist' is in your mind please.
What makes you think it's not going to boil over again in civil conflict here?
You. From your words.
I'm just saying that it'll be over Lefty vs Righty. I despise Lefty so I know who I'm rooting for.
I think you have the dichotomy wrong. It's not between liberals ('lefties') and conservatives ('righties') imo.

What I don't get is why you would 'despise' what you call 'lefties'. What exactly is a 'lefty' to you, in your mind - and what have they done to earn your derision? Very curious.
By the way, regarding your comment that, and I paraphrase, 'as long as Trump wins, no violence' is my position -- Last I checked it's the Lefty supporters of Hillary who are tearing up and burning the streets. Oh, yeah, that's right -- whenever it's the Left, their reasons are always pure as snow and justified in the name of 'social justice'. :)
Not sure who is tearing up the streets. No 'lefties' I know.

Do you not like 'social justice'?
Venezeula! How quaint. LMFAO at you, Tyger Baby! :D
It's what many Trump supporters seem to want - not all - but some. Interesting that you're not keen on the idea. That says something. A little hypocrisy perhaps?
Meanwhile, you keep being...well... you. :D
I will. Thank you. :) Very kind.
(And don't be so serious.
Okay. Sounds good. :p Back-atcha, Walter Baby! Be chill when things go south for your guy, okay?
None of us in this forum are going to change anything with anything but our votes. It feels good to comment and elaborate and quip and jab each other, but that's the extent of it. )
There I disagree. Your words are the words of someone who feels powerless. I don't feel powerless. Activism is alive and well. Things will change - in ways neither you nor I can foretell but I have some hunches. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised, rather than rudely awakened (which I think is more what will happen to you when you realize the consequences of what has been set in motion). However, I do know that things will balance out in the long run - even if it takes decades to unravel the mess. It will end well. Wish I could be there.

Sign me: Forever the Optimist ;)

Last edited:
The reported information that you supplied here SUPPORTS what I have contended. It doesn't deny it in the least. If what you do for a leaving depends on critical assessments supported by the likes of the comments you made concerning current competitive manufacturing in the USA, and the quality of the products being manufactured here in the United States, then your living is in grave danger. You were thoroughly and completely wrong in what you contended marduk, and I will not allow you or anyone else to fictionalize matters that I KNOW from my own professional real life experience concerning those contentions, to be nothing short of propagandized BS.

There is simply no way that you could use the data in the report that you provided to factually support what you stated below. I see professional PROOF otherwise every single day.
Oh?

Did you read the part where there's been a 28% reduction in American manufacturing and a 30% increase in Chinese value add return in their manufacturing?

Lol.

I enjoy watching the reactions of tv/celebrity libs after trump won. Priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why have all those celebrities chosen to move to Canada or another planet instead of Mexico? Oh well, you have to take what you can get...

sabo_sothebys_-_jon_stewart_-_h_-_2016.jpg Sabo-Cher-moving-billboard-1024x682.jpg

Last edited:
There is absolutely no content in what you repond.

I do. :cool:

It will.

Probably right.

It's this that makes your credibility zero. :rolleyes:

What is the 'lefty wet dream'? I've never heard of such.

In 'smaking down' the leftists (how is that done?) what exactly is being 'smacked down' (and how)? It's unclear - since Trump was saying things that Bernie Sanders (a 'leftist' I guess) was saying. They were in unison about a lot of stuff - so explain what 'leftist' is in your mind please.

You. From your words.

I think you have the dichotomy wrong. It's not between liberals ('lefties') and conservatives ('righties') imo.

What I don't get is why you would 'despise' what you call 'lefties'. What exactly is a 'lefty' to you, in your mind - and what have they done to earn your derision? Very curious.

Not sure who is tearing up the streets. No 'lefties' I know.

Do you not like 'social justice'?

It's what many Trump supporters seem to want - not all - but some. Interesting that you're not keen on the idea. That says something. A little hypocrisy perhaps?

I will. Thank you. :) Very kind.

Okay. Sounds good. :p Back-atcha, Walter Baby! Be chill when things go south for your guy, okay?

There I disagree. Your words are the words of someone who feels powerless. I don't feel powerless. Activism is alive and well. Things will change - in ways neither you nor I can foretell but I have some hunches. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised, rather than rudely awakened (which I think is more what will happen to you when you realize the consequences of what has been set in motion). However, I do know that things will balance out in the long run - even if it takes decades to unravel the mess. It will end well. Wish I could be there.

Sign me: Forever the Optimist ;)

You really spend WAY too much time on forum replies :D

A prognostication - not from me - but from a seer (spoken in June 2016 in Australia) -

I want to draw your consciousness to three dates: 2016, 2017, 2018

2016 is the year of Political Change. The decisions made this year will affect 2017. The vote to leave the EU. The American and Australian elections, these will affect the following year.

2017 is the year of Economic Upheaval due to decisions made in 2016. It is the pivotal year. The effects of this year will be seen in 2018.

2018 is the year of Military Intervention, Politically induced economic upheaval will see its effects in military intervention in 2018. 2018 will be the culmination of what began in 2016.

"A word to the wise is sufficient." Good luck.

Last edited:
I just heard Bernie Sanders give a speech where he states that Hillary won by 2 million votes. I have not heard this stated as fact yet - usually it's only a prediction/opinion, as in this NY Times article from just over a week ago -

Clinton’s Substantial Popular-Vote Win - from November 11, 2016
LINK:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/clintons-substantial-popular-vote-win.html
TEXT: "By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960."

I can't find a current back-up link for the number. There remain millions of votes yet to count, however, even with this marker (apparently) reached, so this continues to remain 'interesting' though potentially 'in vain'.

Hilary won the popular vote by 2 million votes and counting, according to Bernie . That is huge. Imagine if it were reversed - and Trump had that number and Hillary had won the Electoral College. What we'd be dealing with? It just goes to demonstrate that being a bully does work. :mad: That our system cannot correct such an obvious error - :rolleyes:.

2 Million Votes 'and counting' .......

I think it is clear from the responses (from Trump supporters) on this thread that Trumpists intend to make sure Trump is the next president one-way-or-another. This is not about 'due process'. That's a joke to a Trumpist. We have seen with what gleefulness sedition and treason are hinted at - example: Trumpists will 'not take it sitting down', etc. Craziness but a clear indication of where we're at: police being shot, swastikas showing up on people's front doors, people of color (particularly Blacks) being targeted for hate, fellow citizens that happen to be Muslim or Latin or LGBT being fearful in public - anyone who has a real understanding of how Hitler got into power: he was never voted in by the majority of Germans - will understand what we are looking at: unhinged hate - and where it can, and very likely will, lead.

I don't usually use foul language but I am coming to the conclusion that no matter what - Trump or not-Trump in the Whilte House at this point - we are screwed. The dye has been cast. I am coming to think there is a significant minority of the US population that wants to see an unspooling of the US Constitution with civil breakdown. I hope I am wrong.

If it is proved that the election was indeed 'rigged' - by Trump supporters (and Trump saying it was rigged was because he knew it was rigged (albeit in his favor) - and Hillary becomes the clear winner - forces have been let lose in this country that will not get put back in the bottle. I would not envy Hillary's job at that point. The prediction regarding 2018 will likely happen regardless of who is in the White House because of the forces at work undermining civil accord.

An opinion piece, but a good analysis regardless -

A Fair Election? Serious Questions Arise About Trump Vote Totals In Key Swing States
LINK
: Serious, Hard-to-Explain Questions Arise About Vote Totals In Key States
TEXT: "A series of explanation-defying questions surrounding Donald Trump’s victories in key 2016 swing states has prompted a cadre of voting rights attorneys and electronic voting machine experts to consider formally filing for presidential recounts in coming days.

"These recount-justifying anomalies go beyond the discrepancies in media exit polls predicting a Hillary Clinton victory on November 8 and subsequent vote counts where Trump won states that have not backed Republican presidents for decades. Recounts could clarify or verify whether several different forms of electronic hacking could have padded state voter rolls and altered resulting counts.

"Former state election directors contacted by AlterNet were extremely skeptical of the election theft theories that accompanied the troubling vote-count patterns. They added that the courts would not change election results unless there was overwhelming proof. Spokespeople for election departments in possible recount states also said their voting systems were designed to block hacking, especially after federal intelligence officials this summer said Russia hacked into two state voter registration databases (Illinois was named) andwarned states to be vigilant. Russia also was reportedly behind hacks of DNC and Clinton campaign emails.

"The count anomalies and possible explanations cited by the team of voting rights attorneys and electronic voting machine experts, whose experience in these issues dates back to the 2000 and 2004 elections, combined a mix of old and new threats. In some cases, known electronic voting machine vulnerabilities may have been tapped to inflate county-level vote tabulations, they said, suggesting those machines should be impounded and examined. Where Russia may have been involved, their theory goes beyond anything imagined in past elections. They posited that last summer’s Russia hacks of voter registration databases could have yielded sufficient information to create large numbers of phantom absentee ballot voters, inflating the Trump vote in certain swing states that helped win the Electoral College.

"Recounts and related litigation could explore if either happened, they said. Obtaining and comparing pre- and post-election logic and accuracy reports of voting machinery might begin to trace the “older school” vote-count tampering, where countywide totals are calculated. (American elections are run by county officials.) Similarly, comparing voter lists from states hacked by Russians, such as Illinois where more than 200,000 voter files were taken, to states with very high numbers of absentee ballots, could reveal if phantom voters were put into those state’s databases, they said. “The theory here rests not on the claim that the hackers used data from Illinois to apply for registration status and absentee ballots,” one attorney explained. “Rather, the theory is that the hackers used the data from Illinois to place fake voters into voter registration databases which they also hacked … A leading computer scientist agreed this is how it could be done.”

"While other election administration experts contacted dismissed this scenario, saying post-election audits in swing states would find discrepancies between the number of paper absentee ballots cast and electronic totals assigned to that ballot category, the anomalies cited by the election integrity team represent their basis to pursue possible recounts in several midwestern states.

"What follows are summaries of the scenarios and states they are studying, starting with provocative vote counts, their theories and then hurdles faced if a recount is filed.

North Carolina

"Election night’s official returns had Trump beating Clinton by 178,000 votes and the Democratic Senate candidate also losingby roughy the same margin. In other races in the state, however, such as governor and attorney general, the GOP lost and there is a controversial gubernatorial recount underway in which the Republican incumbent, Gov. Pat McCrory, has accusedDemocrats of voter fraud.

"But beyond that predictably partisan finger-pointing, what happened across the state on Election Day has become the focus of serious concern for the election integrity experts. In one Democratic epicenter, Durham County, the state’s voter registration database and e-poll books tied into it were down, prompting long lines, delays and necessitating people fill out provisional ballots. The data was also scrambled, with voter rolls in the wrong locations, people tagged as voting when they had not, and people not on lists even though they had their state registration cards. Those snafus were reported to election protection call centers.

"Computer experts who have tracked electronic voting issues subsequently noticed the Florida-based contractor who managed North Carolina’s voter registration database was VR Systems. Earlier this fall, CNN reported that an unnamed Florida-based voting system vendor was hacked by the Russians. To the best of these experts’ knowledge, VR is the only Florida-based voting system vendor. It also has contracts in Virginia, New York, Illinois, Indiana, California and other states, according to the company’s website. “Was the shut-down of the electronic poll book system in Durham County the result of a benign malfunction or an intentional hack?” one attorney asked. “And, if it was the latter, who was behind the cyberattack? These questions must be answered immediately, especially if the answers lead to questions about the integrity of the election process in other jurisdictions.”

Florida

"Clinton was ahead in many pre-election polls, but lost in the results reported after Election Day by 120,000 votes. (Each state has a process where counties officially tally all categories of ballots and then the state certifies the results, which can take several weeks.)

"As one attorney said, “Tallahassee-based VR Systems was also allegedly hacked. The company provides electronic poll books for a number of jurisdictions which communicate in real time with each county’s voter registration system. According to the company’s web site VR Systems serves almost all of Florida’s counties and 14 other states.”

Wisconsin

"Election night’s unofficial returns found Trump ahead of Clinton by 27,000 votes. But Clinton won only counties using all-paper ballots, the computer voting experts said. In the counties using a mix of electronic and paper-based voting systems that President Obama won in 2012, Clinton lost by 1-2 percent. In the Obama counties using all paperless machines, she lost by 10 to 15 percent. (Five percent of the state’s 4.6 million voters, or 230,000 people, cast their ballots on paperless machines, state officials said Wednesday.)

"Wisconsin also saw a record numbers of absentee ballots, with 831,000 ballots cast, which was about 30 percent of this fall’s vote. In past years, it was about 20 percent. Of that overall amount, about 134,000 were from people who mailed them in, instead of turning them in at polling places, state officials said.

"The questions raised by the election integrity team are twofold. First, did old-school hacking pad Trump’s margin in counties with all-electronic voting systems? Under that scenario, paperless voting systems would be breached and totals changed. Second, was there a sizable effort to pad the absentee ballot voting with phantom voters, created from last summer’s Russian hacks into voter registration databases in other states?

"Both of these scenarios would require sophisticated operations, a skeptical former state election director from another state said. Wisconsin’s paperless voting machinery is not online and isn’t programmed online, as a security precaution, meaning someone would have to access the system in key counties from the inside. Second, if hackers put fake voters into Wisconsin’s database and boosted Trump’s absentee totals, the discrepancy between returned paper ballots and electronic totals would be found in a post-election audit. On background, Wisconsin state election officials did not believe these scenarios were possible, describing many intricate steps they take to prevent election tampering.

"Should any recount go forward, it is likely the first recount would be in Wisconsin, because its three-day legal window to file for a recount is expected to start in about nine day — once its 72 counties finished their tallies. Those filing would have to pay for the recount, which could run into hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, apart from the litigation team costs and deploying trained observers.

Michigan

"Election night’s unofficial returns found Trump ahead by 11,000 votes. But 87,000 ballots did not show a presidential vote, the election integrity team said, which broke a 49,000 empty-vote record from previous presidential elections. A recount could clarify if all those ballots were improperly read by the state’s optical scan voting systems, in which computers process ink-marked paper ballots. In addition, about 25 percent of Michigan voted by mail, which they said said also could have been padded with phantom voters via the Russian hack.

"Michigan Secretary of State spokesman Fred Woodham dismissed these scenarios. He said the 2016 missing-vote figure came from the Associated Press in New York City, not his office, and was not credible. He also said his agency, which oversees the state’s voter file and drivers’ license records, compared signatures on absentee ballots to voter registrations to validate the ballots before counting them. There was “no indication” the agency’s records had been hacked or compromised, Woodham said.

"It also could be very expensive to conduct a Michigan recount, he said. The state has the most election jurisdictions in the country, with 1,500 local clerks managing 4,800 precincts. The state would charge any candidate seeing the recount, including any third-party candidate up to $125 per precinct to recount the presidential vote. There also is a two-day window to file for recounts after a state canvassing board meets November 28.

Pennsylvania

"Election night returns found Trump beating Clinton by 68,000 votes. The state mostly uses older electronic voting machines with no paper trail (unlike Wisconsin, where a cash register-like paper receipt is printed). The concern is that 16 counties are still using aging countywide tabulators which Finnish computer security specialist Harry Hursti has shown can be easily hacked to change the reported results. These computers use old versions of Microsoft operating systems, which have security vulnerabilities that have never been fixed.

"In Pennsylvania, November 23 is the last day the Secretary of the Commonwealth can order a recount. It’s also possible to initiate a recount on a precinct-by-precinct basis, as long as a petition is prepared with at least three electors for that precinct, said Marybeth Kuznik of VotePA.us, and a $50 per precinct fee is paid. The window for that petition, however, is within the five days after the counties complete their official canvass. In rural counties, that is quickly approaching.

Next Steps?

"The election integrity team understands that any recounts will require the assembling of the necessary funds and infrastructure under an extremely tight time frame. They know their efforts may not pan out, but feel they have no choice but to try to find ways to explain what happened on November 8, especially in states where what they’re seeing doesn’t seem right based on their years of tracking the machinery of elections."

Here's an interesting article in the new Yorker about various states (California & New York particularly) on invoking states rights as to what acts they would and wouldn't do regarding "sanctuary cities" immigrants (illegal and otherwise) and if these acts would constitute states rights or sedition depending what federal law would be instituted.

Personally I am a little conflicted here. I'm not in favor of sanctuary cities.. but at the same time I think Trump's use of it during the primaries was nothing but scare tactics and over exaggerated...but I have always advocated states rights and if California and New York take a different course over what they feel is an unjust law... yet to be formulated...about this or any other edict passed down from the Trump administration I can't really look upon it negatively I guess.

Post-Election, Liberals Invoke States’ Rights

Last edited:
If they did a recount and Hillary actually won...

I'd expect tanks on the streets of washington before she ever took office.

I've linked to articles that discussed these two points - can't search for them now - they are on the previous threads - but the two interesting observations were -

- that 1.) there is a distinct view among certain segments of the US population that distrusts education; in fact, the less education the better, more credible. This is anti-intellectualism - against 'difficult' content-driven debate.

What makes Germany (and Denmark and the Netherlands) great (at this time imo) is that all forms of employment/labor are valued by those societies. No one feels better or less because of what they do. But 2.) being cultured and well-informed (educated) is an expectation - and lively political debate within the societies is expected.

- and secondly, being a professional, as in teacher, lawyer, doctor, middle management, is distrusted among certain segments of the US population, but being rich is admired. Rising from poverty to the professions is less admired than making money and being rich.

I see these two observations borne out with Trump supporters. Can't tell you how often I hear Trump supporters mention the view that Trump is a 'good businessman' - when most businessman I know cringe at his track record. They also like his 'tell it like it is' when in fact 80% of the time he is either out-and-out lying or grossly misinformed. In other words, ignornace trumps knowledge and acumen. Crazy.

I take a good deal of exception to what you have stated here Tyger. I will attempt to address these exceptions without the gross misuse of false generalizations that I believe your post is rife with.

I deal with the random general public everyday on a professional basis. Often times my job allows me the luxury of directly engaging in conversations in which a great deal of "real person" perspective, and view points come clearly into focus. Honestly, I cannot remember meeting someone that "distrusts" education, or a person's professional orientation or ranking within that orientation. Now, I do admit that I am not a resident within a third world nation, nor am I in a business that deals directly with mental health care. But I have to ask you, what in the name of rationale are you talking about?

So much of what you forwarded here is, just by sheer definition alone, utterly false.

1.) Not only does this start with an utterly wacky and unfounded premise, as if a truly meaningful and measurable "segment" of the population might be best characterized as being the next best thing to toothless inbred mountain folk from the movie "Deliverance", it falsely contends that to not be educated is equal to not being an intellectual. That those who don't hold up the notion of a formal education as being represent of the utmost qualifier for intellectual greatness, must certainly be perpetrators of anti-intellectualism. That's pure rubbish because being an intellectual has nothing to do with such an educational qualification.

Could you please provide a clear example of this "I prefer and trust experts of one sort or another (especially those that might want to operate on my physical body) that don't have any formal education or official degrees of acknowledgement"

2.) Being educated does not equate to being "cultured and well informed" in Europe or anywhere else where culture and current events exist. Again, this is purely utter nonsense. One can certainly be the epitome of cultured experience, and well informed to the degree you're a diplomat, and never have stepped a foot into the halls of formal education.

It might be fun to view just how some of the most cutting edge individuals that have been responsible for helping to shape and develop our society's ever evolving culture feel about education.

We don't need no stinkin' education!

The last paragraph is simply a false and skewed perspective designed by a prejudice that seeks to architect reality by association. You cannot substantiate either claim, and in fact both claims are just typical stereotyping.

I'm certain you know all about Quora and it's concept Tyger. Typically, due to it's college relevant institutional orientation, the commentary, or answers to the questions posed on Quora, tend to lean far and away to the left. However, there are times when a less biased version of reality cannot help but reveal itself and shine through.

If you would like to do something that's both an ethical attempt at learning something refreshingly insightful, as well as something that's intellectually courageous, I suggest reading this through.

BTW, I'll give you one guess as to what all these people have in common. :)

Steve Jobs, inventor, chief executive officer of Apple corp.
Thomas Edison, inventor.
S. Daniel Abraham, billionaire founder of Slim-Fast.
Ansel Adams, photographer. Dropped out of high school.
Christina Aguilera, singer, songwriter. High school dropout.
Hans Christian Andersen, short story author, fairy tales.
John Jacob Astor, multimillionaire businessman.
Carl Bernstein, Watergate reporter, Washington Post.
Yogi Berra, baseball player, coach, and manager.
Timonthy Blixseth, billionaire founder of Yellowstone Club.
Daniel Boone, explorer, frontier leader.
Ray Bradbury, science fiction author.
Richard Branson, billionaire founder of Virgin Music.
Sergey Brin, billionaire founder of Google.
Edgar Bronfman Jr., billionaire heir to the Seagram liquor fortune.
John Carmack, cofounder of Id Software.
Andrew Carnegie, industrialist and philanthropist.
Scott Carpenter, astronaut.
John Chancellor, TV journalist and anchorman.
Winston Churchill, British prime minister.
Charles Culpeper, multimillionaire owner and CEO of Coca Cola.
Michael Dell, founder of Dell Computers.
Charles Dickens, bestselling novelist.
Walt Disney — yes, THAT Walt Disney.
George Eastman, multimillionaire inventor and founder of Kodak.
Larry Ellison, billionaire co-founder of Oracle software company.
Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Cookies.
Carly Fiorina, CEO, Hewlett-Packard.
Bobby Fischer, chess master.
Henry Ford, billionaire founder of Ford Motor Company.
R. Buckminster Fuller, inventor of the geodesic dome.
Bill Gates, billionaire co-founder of Microsoft.
J. Paul Getty, billionaire oilman.
Amadeo Peter Giannini, multimillionaire founder of Bank of America.
Hyman Golden, multimillionaire cofounder of Snapple.
Barry Goldwater, U.S. senator and presidential candidate.
David Green, billionaire founder of Hobby Lobby.
Joyce C. Hall, founder of Hallmark.
Harold Hamm, billionaire oil wildcatter.
William Randolph Hearst, newspaper publisher.
Peter Jennings, news anchor.
Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computers and Pixar Animation.
Dean Kamen, multimillionaire inventor of the Segway.
Ray Kroc, multimillionaire founder of McDonald’s.
Tommy Lasorda, baseball manager.
Ralph Lauren, billionaire fashion designer, founder of Polo.
Charles Lindbergh, aviator.
Jack London, bestselling novelist.
Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brazilian president.
Mary Lyon, founder of Mount Holyoke College (America’s first women’s college).
John Mackey, founder of Whole Foods.
Steve Madden, shoe designer.
John Major, British prime minister.
Herman Melville, novelist, Moby Dick.
Karl Menninger, psychiatrist.
Claude Monet, painter.
Dustin Moskovitz, multi-millionaire co-founder of Facebook.
Walter Nash, prime minister of New Zealand.
David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue airlines.
David Oreck, founder of The Oreck Corporation.
George Orwell (aka Eric Blair), author of Animal Farm and 1984.
Larry Page, billionaire founder of Google.
James A. Pike, Episcopal bishop.
Ron Popeil, multimillionaire founder of Ronco.
Leandro Rizzuto, billionaire founder of Conair.
John D. Rockefeller Sr., billionaire founder of Standard Oil.
Karl Rove, presidential advisor.
William Safire, columnist for the New York Times.
Colonel Harlan Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
Vidal Sassoon, multimillionaire founder of Vidal Sassoon.
Richard Schulze, billionaire founder of Best Buy.
William Shakespeare, playwright, poet.
John Simplot, billionaire potato king.
Isaac Merrit Singer, sewing machine inventor.
Walter L. Smith, president of Florida A&M University.
Will Smith, Grammy-winning rapper, actor.
Alfred Taubman, billionaire chairman of Sotheby.
Jack Crawford Taylor, billionaire founder of Enterprise Rent-a-Car.
Dave Thomas, billionaire founder of Wendy’s.
Ted Turner, billionaire founder of CNN and TBS.
Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens).
Cornelius Vanderbilt, railroad magnate.
Theodore Waitt, billionaire founder of Gateway Computers.
DeWitt Wallace, founder and publisher of Reader’s Digest.
Ty Warner, billionaire developer of Beanie Babies.
Sidney Weinberg, managing partner of Goldman Sachs.
Steve Wozniak, billionaire co-founder of Apple.
Wilbur Wright, inventor of the airplane.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, billionaire.

Some individuals listed above have in fact received a university education, although, never received their sheepskin. If you had listed luminaries who received a degree, it would be vast in comparison.

A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Just take a look at Pence & Michael Tellinger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Dog Mattis.... okeley dokeley.... LMAO
bwhahahahahahah... new Defense chief LOL

Who is Gen. Mad Dog Mattis, Trump's likely pick for defense secretary?

He continued, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."
According to a compilation published by the San Diego Union-Tribune, Mattis once said he believed the U.S. should "Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact."

Might as well have fun with this stuff... :rolleyes:... Interesting times ahead ;)

I take a good deal of exception to what you have stated here Tyger. I will attempt to address these exceptions without the gross misuse of false generalizations that I believe your post is rife with.

I deal with the random general public everyday on a professional basis. Often times my job allows me the luxury of directly engaging in conversations in which a great deal of "real person" perspective, and view points come clearly into focus. Honestly, I cannot remember meeting someone that "distrusts" education, or a person's professional orientation or ranking within that orientation. Now, I do admit that I am not a resident within a third world nation, nor am I in a business that deals directly with mental health care. But I have to ask you, what in the name of rationale are you talking about?

So much of what you forwarded here is, just by sheer definition alone, utterly false.

1.) Not only does this start with an utterly wacky and unfounded premise, as if a truly meaningful and measurable "segment" of the population might be best characterized as being the next best thing to toothless inbred mountain folk from the movie "Deliverance", it falsely contends that to not be educated is equal to not being an intellectual. That those who don't hold up the notion of a formal education as being represent of the utmost qualifier for intellectual greatness, must certainly be perpetrators of anti-intellectualism. That's pure rubbish because being an intellectual has nothing to do with such an educational qualification.

Could you please provide a clear example of this "I prefer and trust experts of one sort or another (especially those that might want to operate on my physical body) that don't have any formal education or official degrees of acknowledgement"

2.) Being educated does not equate to being "cultured and well informed" in Europe or anywhere else where culture and current events exist. Again, this is purely utter nonsense. One can certainly be the epitome of cultured experience, and well informed to the degree you're a diplomat, and never have stepped a foot into the halls of formal education.

It might be fun to view just how some of the most cutting edge individuals that have been responsible for helping to shape and develop our society's ever evolving culture feel about education.

We don't need no stinkin' education!

The last paragraph is simply a false and skewed perspective designed by a prejudice that seeks to architect reality by association. You cannot substantiate either claim, and in fact both claims are just typical stereotyping.

I'm certain you know all about Quora and it's concept Tyger. Typically, due to it's college relevant institutional orientation, the commentary, or answers to the questions posed on Quora, tend to lean far and away to the left. However, there are times when a less biased version of reality cannot help but reveal itself and shine through.

If you would like to do something that's both an ethical attempt at learning something refreshingly insightful, as well as something that's intellectually courageous, I suggest reading this through.

BTW, I'll give you one guess as to what all these people have in common. :)

Steve Jobs, inventor, chief executive officer of Apple corp.
Thomas Edison, inventor.
S. Daniel Abraham, billionaire founder of Slim-Fast.
Ansel Adams, photographer. Dropped out of high school.
Christina Aguilera, singer, songwriter. High school dropout.
Hans Christian Andersen, short story author, fairy tales.
John Jacob Astor, multimillionaire businessman.
Carl Bernstein, Watergate reporter, Washington Post.
Yogi Berra, baseball player, coach, and manager.
Timonthy Blixseth, billionaire founder of Yellowstone Club.
Daniel Boone, explorer, frontier leader.
Ray Bradbury, science fiction author.
Richard Branson, billionaire founder of Virgin Music.
Sergey Brin, billionaire founder of Google.
Edgar Bronfman Jr., billionaire heir to the Seagram liquor fortune.
John Carmack, cofounder of Id Software.
Andrew Carnegie, industrialist and philanthropist.
Scott Carpenter, astronaut.
John Chancellor, TV journalist and anchorman.
Winston Churchill, British prime minister.
Charles Culpeper, multimillionaire owner and CEO of Coca Cola.
Michael Dell, founder of Dell Computers.
Charles Dickens, bestselling novelist.
Walt Disney — yes, THAT Walt Disney.
George Eastman, multimillionaire inventor and founder of Kodak.
Larry Ellison, billionaire co-founder of Oracle software company.
Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Cookies.
Carly Fiorina, CEO, Hewlett-Packard.
Bobby Fischer, chess master.
Henry Ford, billionaire founder of Ford Motor Company.
R. Buckminster Fuller, inventor of the geodesic dome.
Bill Gates, billionaire co-founder of Microsoft.
J. Paul Getty, billionaire oilman.
Amadeo Peter Giannini, multimillionaire founder of Bank of America.
Hyman Golden, multimillionaire cofounder of Snapple.
Barry Goldwater, U.S. senator and presidential candidate.
David Green, billionaire founder of Hobby Lobby.
Joyce C. Hall, founder of Hallmark.
Harold Hamm, billionaire oil wildcatter.
William Randolph Hearst, newspaper publisher.
Peter Jennings, news anchor.
Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computers and Pixar Animation.
Dean Kamen, multimillionaire inventor of the Segway.
Ray Kroc, multimillionaire founder of McDonald’s.
Tommy Lasorda, baseball manager.
Ralph Lauren, billionaire fashion designer, founder of Polo.
Charles Lindbergh, aviator.
Jack London, bestselling novelist.
Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brazilian president.
Mary Lyon, founder of Mount Holyoke College (America’s first women’s college).
John Mackey, founder of Whole Foods.
Steve Madden, shoe designer.
John Major, British prime minister.
Herman Melville, novelist, Moby Dick.
Karl Menninger, psychiatrist.
Claude Monet, painter.
Dustin Moskovitz, multi-millionaire co-founder of Facebook.
Walter Nash, prime minister of New Zealand.
David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue airlines.
David Oreck, founder of The Oreck Corporation.
George Orwell (aka Eric Blair), author of Animal Farm and 1984.
Larry Page, billionaire founder of Google.
James A. Pike, Episcopal bishop.
Ron Popeil, multimillionaire founder of Ronco.
Leandro Rizzuto, billionaire founder of Conair.
John D. Rockefeller Sr., billionaire founder of Standard Oil.
Karl Rove, presidential advisor.
William Safire, columnist for the New York Times.
Colonel Harlan Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
Vidal Sassoon, multimillionaire founder of Vidal Sassoon.
Richard Schulze, billionaire founder of Best Buy.
William Shakespeare, playwright, poet.
John Simplot, billionaire potato king.
Isaac Merrit Singer, sewing machine inventor.
Walter L. Smith, president of Florida A&M University.
Will Smith, Grammy-winning rapper, actor.
Alfred Taubman, billionaire chairman of Sotheby.
Jack Crawford Taylor, billionaire founder of Enterprise Rent-a-Car.
Dave Thomas, billionaire founder of Wendy’s.
Ted Turner, billionaire founder of CNN and TBS.
Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens).
Cornelius Vanderbilt, railroad magnate.
Theodore Waitt, billionaire founder of Gateway Computers.
DeWitt Wallace, founder and publisher of Reader’s Digest.
Ty Warner, billionaire developer of Beanie Babies.
Sidney Weinberg, managing partner of Goldman Sachs.
Steve Wozniak, billionaire co-founder of Apple.
Wilbur Wright, inventor of the airplane.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, billionaire.
And your point is ...?

Last edited:
You libs need to take responsibility for putting trump in office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back