• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Moon

LTP is interesting. What's more interesting is the logical explanations for it.

Here's an example of LTP. A meteor hitting the moon.

movie760.gif

It's explained here

I just so happen to have in my possession a Pocket Book edition of 'Somebody Else Is On The Moon' by George Leonard, illustrated with official NASA photographs, that Mr Ecker mentioned on the show. I wasn't aware that it is out of print, so I guess that it makes me fortunate, special, or something.... :rolleyes:

Bombing the moon, fucking outrageous!!! As if we, as a race of fucked up monkey boys, haven't had enough of bombing each other now we have to bomb the moon!!
Why not just go up there and have a look? Oh but that's right it would cost too much so it's cheaper to bomb it or some other pathetic lame arse excuse.
More likely is that it is a warning to all the other nations who are trying to go to the moon that the US has the capability to nuke their arses as far away as that, if they get out of line.

p.s: According to NASA it's an empty CENTAUR Rocket stage that will be impacting the moon along with the LCROSS satellite. Sorry for the preceding rant but even given that they are not nukes, or conventional bombs as such, it is still akin to bombing the moon and not necessary in my book.

p.p.s Thanks pixelsmith for the LCROSS link.

Who is Jose Escamilla? He is leading the charge against the moon bombing.
Here is a link to a new song about the Moon bombing:
Searching4truth33s Blog
I feel as though there is some missing information in terms of this bombing. What exactly are the motivations? Is it simply misguided? Will we know? I have a hinky feeling this is not good.:frown:

I was afraid of that! Thanks for the quick response.
Still, I can't support a nuclear detonation on the Moon.
Best,
Fahrusha

I was, I think, misinformed by a bad source as to the nuclear part (it was a 2 ton kinetic bomb), but we did in fact attempt to bomb the Moon with a Centaur rocket at 7:31 EDT on Friday October 9. The event which was televised by NASA was either a failure or totally imperceptible to the telescopes as to be a PR failure.
Best,
Fahrusha

Great stuff Don. You tickle my parabone. Uh, you know what I mean.:redface:

This disturbed me :

The Clementine mission, sponsored by the Department of Defense
Ballistic Missile Defense Organization

Perhaps NASA truly is just a limited hangout for the public while the real shit goes down.

...You mean, like, evidence of a massive towing hitch that the greys used to tow it into it's current orbit? :D

There is a much easier way than towing it,

Find an object that you want to place in orbit, drill down to its core and set off either a nuclear process or a controlled antimatter process, and the energy gets vented out the drill hole as thrust, instant asteroid rocket.
This has the added bonus of creating a large cavity inside, ready for use at the destination.

Add a null time field to this and it gets even more interesting, we know that time is a variable it can be dialed up or down, and there doesnt seem to be any issue with gradient ie time can run at one speed on the top floor of a building and another on the ground floor

Researchers in the United States have for the first time shown that time passes faster the higher up you are.
In a curious aspect of Albert Einsten's theory of relativity, they show that someone living or working long hours in a top floor apartment or office will age more quickly than someone on the ground floor.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-09-24/time-passes-faster-the-higher-you-are/2272360

If you could artificially manipulate this principle, and create a bubble of null time or very very slow time, you could build a pilot station on your object to be placed in orbit.
Linked to the drive mechanism it would operate like this from the pilots perspective.
Push the big red button which starts the antimatter explosion/thrusters, it also kicks in the null time field, the moon then spends a couple of thousand years travelling at a sedate pace to its calculated destination, when it gets there the null time field shuts off.
From the pilots perspective , it starts the process and seemingly instantly they are in visual range of the target planet.
A few more smaller antimatter explosions to fine tune the orbit and voila, the fuel used is actually the guts of the moon itself, and you are left with a hollow where the matter used as fuel used to be.

Far easier to use the matter at its core as fuel and turn it into a rocket than it is to tow it, with the advantage of having that space ready for you when you arrive

The expression "gone loonie" is actually associated psychiatric disorders once believed to be caused by looking at the moon or associated with its various phases, and when you get studying the moon it really does start to mess with your head. For example, just try to follow all the phases sometime with actual observation ( but no calendar or guide ). The moon is supposed to get bigger and bigger from one side ( wax ) and get smaller and then get smaller and smaller from the other side ( wane ). Chances are you will think you've got it figured out, and then you'll be going what the ?

My favorite way of getting the moon here involves using an Inertial Canceling Field combined with a Gravity or Warp Drive.
Cancel out the moons inertia and while it's amount of physical molecular particles may not have changed, it's mass would go to zero. Light pressure alone from the sun would zip it out of the solar system in just a few hours.
A Gravity/Warp drive would put it anywhere you wanted.

True, but using the core as reaction mass in a matter/antimatter reaction gives you a hollow moon consistant with the theories as written about by wilson and leonard.

The idea of using an existing rock as a vehicle is already out there

http://alcwi.com/wordpress/the-asteroid-express-soon-headed-for-mars

For billions of years, the Mars Expressway has seen a lot of traffic. Only in the past 30 years has any of it been ours. So, where are these other vehicles coming from? Aliens? Perhaps, but not of the type we speak of when we typically mention such things.
Most of the vehicles on the Mars Expressway are the hundreds (or thousands) of asteroids that pass near Earth each year and orbit out to pass Mars. While they don’t pass on a monthly, weekly, or yearly basis they arrive often enough to make such a journey feasible.
The advantages are all there: the asteroids can carry us from world to world so we need less fuel; if we can get inside the asteroid we’ll receive ample protection from cosmic radiation; and we can kick an asteroids orbit enough that we could create a miniature base and make frequent visits to Mars.
That’s the pluses, so what are the minuses? Well, for one, how long would we need to wait for a ride back home? After all, taking one year to reach Mars is meaningless if we need to wait 20 years for a ride back home. A best case scenario would be if we had a short interim between arrival and departure, perhaps a month at the most. To make this happen we could use solar sails to move asteroids into predictable orbits and then speed them up or slow them down enough to follow each other like a train.

Hey Mike,

Einstein's theories aren't falsifiable. Relativity is bogus. Gravity lensing is bogus.

Time travel isn't possible and you cannot slow time.

GPS clocks and all other phenomena that supposedly “proves” Einstein’s version of relativity can be accounted for better using steady state models of the universe. Lorentz’s model can well account for observations in a steady state universe. Physicist Tom Van Flandern lays out the evidence here. An alternative theory based on Lorentz’s work that accounts for why the MM experiment showed a null result, as well as all other aberrations, can be found here. Similarly, physicist Randal Mills has demonstrated predictive success with a model solely based on classical physics. The simplicity of these models and accuracy of their predictions merits further review. The models presented are predicated on closed form classical physics, which is the only type of model that is fundamentally tied to reality. [107][108][109]

More here: Einstein Was Wrong - Falsifying Observational Evidence Presented - a knol by Michael Suede

I also used to believe in Einstein's theories when I was younger. Time travel? Relativity? I feel foolish for ever believing these things. But then again, we didn't have the internet and couldn't readily access the better theories - It is hard to use occam's razor when you've got so little to use it on.

Hey Mike,

Einstein's theories aren't falsifiable. Relativity is bogus. Gravity lensing is bogus.

Time travel isn't possible and you cannot slow time.

More here: Einstein Was Wrong - Falsifying Observational Evidence Presented - a knol by Michael Suede

I also used to believe in Einstein's theories when I was younger. Time travel? Relativity? I feel foolish for ever believing these things. But then again, we didn't have the internet and couldn't readily access the better theories - It is hard to use occam's razor when you've got so little to use it on.

You're being sarcastic, right? It's hard to tell on the internet.

Back