• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The May 16th episode - Chris O'Brien / Antonio Huneeus

Schuler

Ultrameridional Cynicism Generator
Good one, Gene. I always like it when your show has South American guests, since they usually bring up some cases that, for me, are close to home. :)

Mr. Huneeus talked about a few interesting Brazilian cases, like the Villas-Boas abduction, which has fascinated me since I was a kid. It's an interesting case when you think that it happened a few years before the Betty and Barney Hill story. Also, if I'm correct, Mr. Villas-Boas was unlikely to have been influenced by any major form of pop culture, as he lived in a rural district far into the countryside of the Minas Gerais state, probably with no access to electricity, hence no radio or TV. I'll try to confirm that.

I don't think I had heard the "hunters" case before. I'm looking it up, obviously. :)

Antonio also talked about the Pirassununga case, and he forgot to mention a very important fact: the town of Pirassununga happens to be the home of the Brazilian Air Force Academy. If the case is real, then, there must be a nice FAB report on it.

Good one, Gene. I always like it when your show has South American guests, since they usually bring up some cases that, for me, are close to home. :)

Mr. Huneeus talked about a few interesting Brazilian cases, like the Villas-Boas abduction, which has fascinated me since I was a kid. It's an interesting case when you think that it happened a few years before the Betty and Barney Hill story. Also, if I'm correct, Mr. Villas-Boas was unlikely to have been influenced by any major form of pop culture, as he lived in a rural district far into the countryside of the Minas Gerais state, probably with no access to electricity, hence no radio or TV. I'll try to confirm that.

I don't think I had heard the "hunters" case before. I'm looking it up, obviously. :)

Antonio also talked about the Pirassununga case, and he forgot to mention a very important fact: the town of Pirassununga happens to be the home of the Brazilian Air Force Academy. If the case is real, then, there must be a nice FAB report on it.

That is a interesting case the Villas-boas Abduction. I keep a close eye on cases of this nature, There is something common here in lot of this stories. Firstly you have the Small beings doing the abduction and doing the Experiments, but always in the background there is another Group, the Nordic's. There is no getting away from it, both are fully aware of each others presence, that is obvious to me, since they are both in the same vicinity. I find this rather tantalizing,it suggests some bond or relationship with one another, of type, we need to research further though.

I like the star-gate references, i love that show, but it wasn't just based on Sitichins work. Beside referencing Sitchin ideas, many ideas, were taken from a number of well- known mythologies including Irish mythology. There is actually a very good website on the internet that explains the mythology behind each episode (characters and locations)

I'm a skeptic, you know (dodges an egg, two tomatoes and six rotten cabbages coming from the booing audience). What interests me the most about the Villas-Boas case is the little exposure the abductee has had to popular culture at the time.

I don't know much about the case of the dead hunters or even the Pirassununga one. The latter one sounds interesting, since it happened here on my backyard. :)

I'm a skeptic, you know (dodges an egg, two tomatoes and six rotten cabbages coming from the booing audience).

Schuler...are you a skeptic or are you a skeptical thinker? There's a difference. I don't think a true skeptic would even consider posting on the forum, or even listening to the Paracast.

Regardless, I enjoyed the show and went to openminds.tv and subscribed to the magazine. My curiosity is peeked.

I was curious about the source of funding for the various endeavours that Mr. Huneeus spoke about regarding his openminds magazine, webcasts, etc. Any idea who is bankrolling this operation?

Schuler...are you a skeptic or are you a skeptical thinker? There's a difference. I don't think a true skeptic would even consider posting on the forum, or even listening to the Paracast.

Yes, maybe "skeptical thinker" fits me better. But, for instance, of all the hypotheses for the UFO phenomenon, I tend to favor the psicosocial one. :)

Back