• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Mars Anomaly Thread

SPACE.com -- Coloring the Universe: Why Reality is a Gray Area in Astronomy

That article explains how the data that comes from Hubble is black and white data. Anyway, the article could be wrong - I don't know. What I do know is that NASA is not hiding a civilization with access to oceans on Mars.

I haven't enough time to research this. But a quick search does seem to confirm your correct. There is no "Natural colour" cameras aboard Hubble. The images taken by Hubble are grayscale pixels. The images are downloaded in Black and White.

But that opens another enquiry. If the images of the planet MARS are in Black and White and devoid of Colour. How can you tell. What is the exact colour. Did Viking take Colour photos or black and white Photos Angel?

I haven't enough time to research this. But a quick search does seem to confirm your correct. There is no "Natural colour" cameras aboard Hubble. The images taken by Hubble are grayscale pixels. The images are downloaded in Black and White.

But that opens another enquiry. If the images of the planet MARS are in Black and White and devoid of Colour. How can you tell. What is the exact colour. Did Viking take Colour photos or black and white Photos Angel?

here is some interesting info on the subject. Viking Mars Lander Photo Color-Altering Revealed

What is your question?
Are you looking for a Mars conspiracy?
I can say with a high level of certainty that Mars is mostly redish, just like our planet is mostly bluish. Also, they are NO ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS CURRENTLY ON MARS. Were there any in the past? There's nothing that points to that either. It's fun to imagine that there were, but there is no proof, which is what I like to have before I start discussing something.

What is your question?
I can say with a high level of certainty that Mars is mostly redish, just like our planet is mostly bluish. Also, they are NO ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS CURRENTLY ON MARS. Were there any in the past? There's nothing that points to that either. It's fun to imagine that there were, but there is no proof, which is what I like to have before I start discussing something.

Your attitude stinks. I asked you a question not out of smartness or to prove you wrong. ' I never said this was evidence of past Civilization on Mars, did i? I only asked you how can you figure out the planets colour when all the Photos were either Black or white when they came through. I have no knowledge if all the photos were black or white so i asked as part of a discussion. Were some of the Photos of natural colour? Anyway 'never mind.

It's like if we wanted to believe and continue to behave like if we were the single child of the universe, or at the very least of our solar system, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were to discover that we are part of an eventful history of sentient species in system Sol ... Well it's late here, I go dream this over... zzzzZZZZZ

SPACE.com -- Coloring the Universe: Why Reality is a Gray Area in Astronomy

That article explains how the data that comes from Hubble is black and white data. Anyway, the article could be wrong - I don't know. What I do know is that NASA is not hiding a civilization with access to oceans on Mars.

Awesome article. That could explain a great deal...or it could be a moot point if NASA is using color cameras to take their photos of Mars. Either way it's a good read.

What is your question?

cluepon.jpg

you win you win you win yaaay

here is some interesting info on the subject. Viking Mars Lander Photo Color-Altering Revealed

Excerpt from that article:

[SIZE=+1]Ron Levin also said something else that surprised me: that the Hubble Space Telescope had taken images of Mars that showed a blue sky. I checked the HST web site, HubbleSite - NewsCenter - Entire Collection[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Sure enough, every last one of the higher-resolution images of Mars shows a bluish band around the limb of the planet that looks very much like a blue sky. Also, the Hubble scientists issued periodic weather reports on Mars up to the Pathfinder landing, and these reports explicitly predicted that Pathfinder should see a blue sky.[/SIZE]
Taken from Hubble images, which we have already seen in a previous post, that have color added in based upon black & white photographs.

I'm not trying to leap to any conclusions here, just trying to connect some dots. So part of this guy's assertion is based upon color that is photoshopped (according to the Space.com article) into Hubble hi-res photographs.

I'm pretty sure that there has been some color/hue/saturation editing in a great majority of photographs from the moon and Mars. I'm not sure I would have based it upon the above though.

cluepon.jpg

you win yaaay you win

Hey Dana,

1)Glad you like the images. They can certainly give one something to ponder, that's for sure.

2) I am not Allan's replacement. However, thank you for the dubbing.

3) And yup, those are stereo images.

Awsome - this is really interesting stuff for the forumn. What has always struck me as frustrating is how NASA seems to be unable to step up and smash accusations of tamporing with photos - as in the moonlanding one.

No doubt they will loose the most interesting originals of Mars.

I also am concerned at using photoshop and contrast settings to show 'hidden roads of a city'
what I would like to see is the highest grade of photography of both the moon and of mars and a kind of google planet thing and let people actively hunt for interesting stuff for NASA to follow up.

Could be even better than a MMOG

Medal of Honor.jpg

you win you win you win yaaay

Are you making fun of me for thinking that there is no proof that points to there being an intelligent civilization on Mars? If so, please, I invite you to show me something other than blurry images that show nothing compelling.

Kieran - I apologize if you think my attitude stinks. How would you suggest I make it smell better? Would you prefer I don't demand good proof before I believe something? That isn't going to happen. A lot of the ideas presented in this thread are interesting, but that doesn't make them true.

If I was in charge of NASA, and if I was continually worried about my funding base (as NASA seems to be), one of my top priorities on any Mars mission would be to clearly photograph Cydonia and the face(s) on Mars for mass market public consumption. My goal would be to drum up public interest in what I was doing, so that Congress would feel pressure to continue, if not increase, my funding. This unfortunately has not happened, for whatever reason, with the photos of these points of public interest being heavily filtered and taken at obtuse angles. I don't know the reason for this (one can speculate), but what I do know is that you can make an excellent business case why clear photos should be taken.

If I was in charge of NASA, and if I was continually worried about my funding base (as NASA seems to be), one of my top priorities on any Mars mission would be to clearly photograph Cydonia and the face(s) on Mars for mass market public consumption. My goal would be to drum up public interest in what I was doing, so that Congress would feel pressure to continue, if not increase, my funding. This unfortunately has not happened, for whatever reason, with the photos of these points of public interest being heavily filtered and taken at obtuse angles. I don't know the reason for this (one can speculate), but what I do know is that you can make an excellent business case why clear photos should be taken.

They have taken photos of hat was thought to be "the face." It's not a face...

They have taken photos of hat was thought to be "the face." It's not a face...

Please watch the Dr. Tom van Flandren video I posted earlier in this thread. In my view Dr. van Flandren's presentation raises a number of very legitimate questions, not only about "The Face" but also about a number of other apparent structures. If we were talking about one or two natural formations that are potentially being misinterpreted, I could dismiss some of these claims more readily, but there are a host of apparent structures that do not form naturally (translucent tubes, a myriad of pyramid structures). As someone who has some formal training in the sciences, I believe this is well worth further inquiry.

To my point earlier, if "The Face" is in fact natural, and if I ran NASA, I would photograph the hell out of it. The clear, unfiltered photos of The Face, taken from directly overhead, certainly would get front page press coverage. As the head of NASA that would make me happy, given that I am in an annual struggle with Congress to support my agency. Prominent public press coverage is good business.

A lot of the ideas presented in this thread are interesting, but that doesn't make them true.

Greetings,

Can you please point to the person in this thread who has said that all of what we have been speculating about is in fact the true nature of the Mars?

If you can't, perhaps it is because such a thing has not been said.

*Yes, your attitude stinks. You seemingly have no self-control over your ability to refrain from arguing.

For example, in order to continue your charade you also have to pretend that members here might mean other than what they said:

"Are you making fun of me for thinking that there is no proof that points to there being an intelligent civilization on Mars? If so, please, "

Resorting to acts of intentional hebatude in order to continue getting your kicks from arguing is poor form. If you must use intentional misinterpretation and make assumptions to fuel your posts, please be nice about it.

Decorum is not a thing which is unattainable to you. No matter how young you are.

I don't want people coming here, looking at your posts and getting dissuaded from posting on the board. Deny it all you want but your behaviour is discouraging and is not conducive to serious discussion (just look at the hard time poor Kieran has had trying to engage with you. You're acting like a big child.)

Please watch the Dr. Tom van Flandren video I posted earlier in this thread. In my view Dr. van Flandren's presentation raises a number of very legitimate questions, not only about "The Face" but also about a number of other apparent structures. If we were talking about one or two natural formations that are potentially being misinterpreted, I could dismiss some of these claims more readily, but there are a host of apparent structures that do not form naturally (translucent tubes, a myriad of pyramid structures). As someone who has some formal training in the sciences, I believe this is well worth further inquiry.

I agree that the possibility of life or civilisation on Mars in the past is worth studying, of the utmost importance even. We know that Mars bore ocean in the past. And given its proximity in regard of cosmic scales, it is the best place we have to study how life and conciousness arises in the universe.

Warning: what follows is a conviction reached by philosophical logic ::), not science :
The universe is a conciousness-making machine. It does it all the time, several times by stellar systems and propitious planets. We are not unique or the product of a rare statistical fluke. We are no big deal, even in our system.

But... regarding those "glass tubes", it is pretty clear that they are sand dunes trapped in depressions or canyons. Try to see them concave instead of convex. It is pretty clear in this picture :

Mars dune .jpg

Justcurious, thanks. There are some other photos of the translucent tubes shown on the van Flandren video, not the photo which you attached. Check them out.

Given your philosophy towards consciousness, you really should check out the work of Thomas Campbell, formerly of the Monroe Institute. Below is the first in a series he recently recorded in Hawaii.

Thank you Tom, I will check van Flandren and Thomas Campbell tonight, and will get back to you...

Although Campbell I might watch only the first video if it is purely philosophical. I tend to isolate myself from other philosophical endeavours at the moment to see what comes up without external influences, its a kind of experiment linked to my current UFOs experiences which are accompanied, like many contactees/experiencers, by burst of new paradigms. Again, I am approaching all my experiences with a research angle, including those new concepts that they inspire in me. In other words, I don't even take what I think for granted and try to observe that in a neutral (is that even possible?) way...

Kieran - I apologize if you think my attitude stinks. How would you suggest I make it smell better? Would you prefer I don't demand good proof before I believe something? That isn't going to happen. A lot of the ideas presented in this thread are interesting, but that doesn't make them true.

Prove? .. Angel, all i asked you was a couple of questions about the images taken of Mars. Your getting defensive over nothing!!! Read my posts. Did i bring up anything about a past civilization having lived on Mars? All you had to say here was 'No' not all the Photos were black or white or 'Yes' they were all Black and white.

There is no prove that Mars was ever inhabited.
But my knowledge on Mars comes from NASA, and they have Controlling Monoploy on the follow of information to other agencies that are World-wide, and NASA is telling the human populace, Mars is a dead World to life. But there is enough anomalies have been pictured on Mars, that have never been fully explained and NASA scientists have themselves claimed Mars was once like Earth a long time ago. Meaning live existed on the planet sometime in the past.

Prove? .. Angel, all i asked you was a couple of questions about the images taken of Mars. Your getting defensive over nothing!!! Read my posts. Did i bring up anything about a past civilization having lived on Mars? All you had to say here was 'No' not all the Photos were black or white or 'Yes' they were all Black and white.

There is no prove that Mars was ever inhabited.
But my knowledge on Mars comes from NASA, and they have Controlling Monoploy on the follow of information to other agencies that are World-wide, and NASA is telling the human populace, Mars is a dead World to life. But there is enough anomalies have been pictured on Mars, that have never been fully explained and NASA scientists have themselves claimed Mars was once like Earth a long time ago. Meaning live existed on the planet sometime in the past.

I don't mean to argue, but I'm bringing couter-points that are based in what science knows about Mars. I'm not the type that goes looking for conspiracies when there's no need to. By implying that NASA may be hiding something about Mars, it would be a huge conspiracy. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't believe it without real proof.
If you guys want to discuss this without looking at what is considered science fact about Mars, that's fine. Just don't get annoyed with me when I add my skeptical input.
I can also say that there is room for the idea that there was life on Mars in the past, or even now, it's just not proven to be true yet - that's all I'm saying. I also get annoyed when anyone talks about the "face." It has been photographed, a lot. There's nothing to say that seeing a face on Mars is nothing but pareidolia. However, if proof does surface that it is a face, I'll be happy to believe it.

Back