• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Julian Assange Show: Cypherpunks

I dunno what to make of this wikileaks stuff. I fully support the right of countries and organisations to keep secrets, however sometimes when things are covered up - and secrecy used to hide that, well I don't like that at all.

But unlike a newspaper editor saying 'publish and be damned' - I'm not sure if there is any editorial control whatsoever with this site and I can totally forsee situations in which innocent people are put at risk by this site in it's effort to make headlines. And I really think the ethos of this site is as much to do with scoring a publicity coup as it is actually outing secrets that maybe should not be so.

I dunno what to make of this wikileaks stuff. I fully support the right of countries and organisations to keep secrets, however sometimes when things are covered up - and secrecy used to hide that, well I don't like that at all.

But unlike a newspaper editor saying 'publish and be damned' - I'm not sure if there is any editorial control whatsoever with this site and I can totally forsee situations in which innocent people are put at risk by this site in it's effort to make headlines. And I really think the ethos of this site is as much to do with scoring a publicity coup as it is actually outing secrets that maybe should not be so.

Whatever you think of Assange, Wikileaks, or RT you cannot ignore the fact that what they are talking about in the video is very real.

Back