• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Guest Host Board

Guest hosts are Ok for the short term, but the reason David saw through the B.S is because he is an experiencer. I don't know the background of all these people mentioned, but in any field, be it your doctor or mechanic, who would most likely cut through the theories, cut off the BS debates- and find the problem?... Would it be the one who has read hundreds of books, or researched (another term for listening or talking to the experiencer) or the doctor who has spent his time with his elbows in the shit/blood or the mechanic with permanent grease under his skin? I vote for someone who is like David, not only extremely well read on the subject, but understands with his very soul what it feels like, tastes like and should sound like. A biological lie detector created by personal experiences and soul searching/insight, built slowly over a life time.

Guest hosts are Ok for the short term, but the reason David saw through the B.S is because he is an experiencer. I don't know the background of all these people mentioned, but in any field, be it your doctor or mechanic, who would most likely cut through the theories, cut off the BS debates- and find the problem?... Would it be the one who has read hundreds of books, or researched (another term for listening or talking to the experiencer) or the doctor who has spent his time with his elbows in the shit/blood or the mechanic with permanent grease under his skin? I vote for someone who is like David, not only extremely well read on the subject, but understands with his very soul what it feels like, tastes like and should sound like. A biological lie detector created by personal experiences and soul searching/insight, built slowly over a life time.

I for one am not an 'experiencer' except for a few odd stints of sleep paralysis, and frankly I really don't get the notion that 'having something happening' to oneselve is a margin.

I vote for Mr. O'Brien. Christopher...not Conan...although Conan isn't doing anything for a few months. ;)
I can understand David's decision and wish him the best of luck and hope to hear him later on.

Sorry to hear that David is taking a breather, which what I hope that it is. I appreciate his willingness to engage guests if he thinks that they're bullshitting. Kind of like Howard Stern--if he finds something that the guest is uncomfortable with, he's willing to find out the reason.

Also sorry to hear that Schuyler is bowing out.

Since your show has been in hiatus for a while Greg (I think) would you be interested in guest hosting?

You would do a good job I have no doubt.

So far, all the names thrown into the mix have been excellent one's . If DB and Riztman had never fallen out, and had he not exorcised himself from the show ( not to mention the forum) Jeff would have been top of the pile....but Jeremey V , Christ NO ! Nor Stan Friedman, although I respect him tons, we need younger blood with an appetite to engage and ask those hard questions.

My picks would be ( in no particular order ): Nick Redfern , Don Ecker ,Greg Bishop , Paul Kimble , Chris O' Brian, Frank Warren and George Knapp. Hey, also how about Peter Robbins !!!! That guy is great.

Incidentally , Tim Binnall who hosts his own Paranormal Podcast " Binnall Of America " and who is good friends with Nick Redfern , Paul Kimble and Peter Robbins is co-hosting Paratopia with Veiny because of Jeff's departure. Synchronicity's abound .....

Since your show has been in hiatus for a while Greg (I think) would you be interested in guest hosting?

You would do a good job I have no doubt.

It's been on hiatus because I've been uninspired until recently. My ufomystic posts dropped off too, but are going again now. It might have had something to do with the death of Mac Tonnies. I don't know.

Don Ecker will be on my show tomorrow night (2/21).

Thanks for the vote of support.

Here's another vote of confidence for you Greg. I've always enjoyed your work my friend. The passing of Mac Tonnies affected many of us pretty bad, and I bet even more so for those who knew him.
Looking forward to hearing you team up with Gene sometime.

Well I'll start with the obvious ones being the main friends of the paracast:
Don Ecker
Frank Warren
Chris O'Brien
Greg Bishop
Paul Kimball

All great choices. I didn't get an opportunity to say how sorry I am to hear that David would be leaving the show before that thread was closed. Hopefully he will decide to come back when the time is right.

I'm not inclined to take it on, however.

Emphasis on "Guest" here Schuyler, one every month or two. Work something out with Gene.

Maybe if the UFO occupants are Beatles fans and you blast "Strawberry Fields Forever" into the night sky, stock up on shortbread and whipped cream...

Don't think I've ever been on Bainbridge Island, have to check it out sometime. I have a sister living in Bremerton.
The beer mapping project doesn't indicate any microbreweries on Bainbridge Island. Could that possibly be true, that large an area in Western Washington with no micro brewery, how could that be?

Gene, time for a step back, I think.

In any business, when you're confronted with fundamental shifts in key circumstances you reassess your strategic plan. And the right thing to do is take the time to really strip it down to basics. Why did you start The Paracast? Have you achieved that? Are you, at the least, where you would have hoped to be at this point? Is there an end game? Is The Paracast the best use of your time and energy? Sometimes big changes are doors to big opportunities.

Personally, I'd pull the plug. Absent a really interesting personality as co-host (I do think the Vaeni suggestion is quite good; he's a very smart and clever person; Kimball would also be great, but I'd imagine he wouldn't be interested) I'd put the show to rest for at least a while.

And the world keeps on turning.

Gene, time for a step back, I think.

In any business, when you're confronted with fundamental shifts in key circumstances you reassess your strategic plan. And the right thing to do is take the time to really strip it down to basics. Why did you start The Paracast? Have you achieved that? Are you, at the least, where you would have hoped to be at this point? Is there an end game? Is The Paracast the best use of your time and energy? Sometimes big changes are doors to big opportunities.

Personally, I'd pull the plug. Absent a really interesting personality as co-host (I do think the Vaeni suggestion is quite good; he's a very smart and clever person; Kimball would also be great, but I'd imagine he wouldn't be interested) I'd put the show to rest for at least a while.

And the world keeps on turning.

Actually we have some great shows in preparation. I am not giving up. Just taking it to a different level and we will continue!

Don't think I've ever been on Bainbridge Island, have to check it out sometime. I have a sister living in Bremerton. The beer mapping project doesn't indicate any microbreweries on Bainbridge Island. Could that possibly be true, that large an area in Western Washington with no micro brewery, how could that be?

There are several wineries on the island, but no micro breweries that I know of. There are several in the immediate area though, in Poulsbo, Silverdale, and even Bremerton. The island is only about ten miles long and not very wide, about 25 square miles. Bunch of yuppies in volvos. It's disgusting.

Giving up isnt the right thing to do at all. I'm sure Gene enjoys doing what he's doing, so what is the reason to stop. I am looking forward to hearing some of the guest hosts and I think David having a break might do both him and then show some good. And as long as he comes back eventually i'm happy too.

I think regardless, the guest host needs to:
a) Be very outspoken
b) Ask the tough questions

Giving up isnt the right thing to do at all. I'm sure Gene enjoys doing what he's doing, so what is the reason to stop. I am looking forward to hearing some of the guest hosts and I think David having a break might do both him and then show some good. And as long as he comes back eventually i'm happy too.

I think regardless, the guest host needs to:
a) Be very outspoken
b) Ask the tough questions

Agreed. If Gene were to wrap up the show completely it would be a huge blow to Ufology , not to mention depressing as Hell for all us supporters who love the show.

And whether I'll be back on the show or not - only time will tell.

Ah geeze... I get busy and don't come by the forums much, and miss this shocking announcement! Crap! I'm going to miss your rational mind David. You always seem to hit on the points I was thinking of when listening to the show, and some I wouldn't have thought of. Gene, you are good also, don't take that the wrong way!

I'm sure some of the forum members would make good guest co-hosts. Maybe the co-hosts could be rotated. I'm sure a few of us here would be interested. ;)

Well I hope you return David. You and Gene have good chemistry.

Back