• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Guest Host Board

Damn!! I haven't logged into the forums in a good while and now David "Sarah Palin" Biedny is leaving???

David, if you read this post, thanks for everything and every show was a pleasure to listen to, even the forgettable ones bc you made them listenable.. As I've posted, always enjoyed your comedic input to the show that was priceless.. nothing against Gene who is a funny guy as well !!

I have to ask: what about the Rendlesham episode you mentioned with the Halt interview?? Is that prerecorded or shelved?

And to Gene do not quit, you are as pleasurable as David to listen to and you guys made a great team. Chemistry like you guys have is hard to come by, but I think you have quite a few co-hosts that you would get real comfortable with quickly..namely Don Ecker, I think he is a great guy to team up with with loads of experience..I also like Paul Kimball as well, would be another intelligent guy with a lot of knowledge as well..

Anyway I will continue to be a loyal listener of the Paracast regardless!!

Damn!! I haven't logged into the forums in a good while and now David "Sarah Palin" Biedny is leaving???

David, if you read this post, thanks for everything and every show was a pleasure to listen to, even the forgettable ones bc you made them listenable.. As I've posted, always enjoyed your comedic input to the show that was priceless.. nothing against Gene who is a funny guy as well !!

I have to ask: what about the Rendlesham episode you mentioned with the Halt interview?? Is that prerecorded or shelved?

And to Gene do not quit, you are as pleasurable as David to listen to and you guys made a great team. Chemistry like you guys have is hard to come by, but I think you have quite a few co-hosts that you would get real comfortable with quickly..namely Don Ecker, I think he is a great guy to team up with with loads of experience..I also like Paul Kimball as well, would be another intelligent guy with a lot of knowledge as well..

Anyway I will continue to be a loyal listener of the Paracast regardless!!

Thanks for the kind wishes. We have two episodes completed with Frank Warren and we're talking to other potential co-hosts. No final decision will be made right away, and some of that depends on how David is coming along a month or two from now.

Thanks a lot, that's great news, I look forward to the upcoming shows..As I do not know much about the conditions under which David left, but I hope everything is ok with him.

Thanks a lot, that's great news, I look forward to the upcoming shows..As I do not know much about the conditions under which David left, but I hope everything is ok with him.

I think it's implicit in his brief remarks and in some of the statements he's made here and on the show. There's nothing more to it.

Gene,
Thanks for going forward with the show. David will be missed, but his absence has got to be an adjustment for you as well.
I am cheering for you. :)

This is my first post, so I hope I don't immediately antagonize everyone. But I want to express support for David in leaving Paracast. While I greatly enjoyed his hosting, I have perceived (and I use that word on purpose because perception can be deceptive) that David is really tired (we used to call it "wasted" when I was in college). He seems more than normally irritable. He needs out! Now when I want to leave something, the least thing I really want is for everyone to say "Oh, you just take a nice breather and come back". I know everyone says that because they mean well. But if I want to leave some project, I'd rather folks just say "Do what's best for you. Good luck in the future. God Bless....etc." Let's let David feel totally FREE. If he chooses to return, groovy (another ancient term from grade school). If not, then this means David has moved on to something better for HIM, and that's what matters, right?

So, David, don't take a breather - just breath! Do what's best for you. Thanks for all the fish, and perhaps I'll hear you again some day on the internet. Whatever....

As for guest hosts, I can only add the rather amorphous opinion that sometimes it has been fun for me to have the Paracast have an "old timer" guest, like Tim Beckley. MAYBE there will be a show or 2 where someone with decades of experience would be fun, instead of the relative "new guys" that everyone else has suggested (each of whom has their own schtick going at the moment). The only problem with having one of the older guys on is whether Gene could reign such a person in from turning the show into a verbal auto-biography! Nostalgic stories can be fun, but if there is an actual guest, then obviously the host has to keep his/her ego out of it as much as possible.

Just for fun, I thought I'd list some folks who would be on my top 5 MOST INSANELY WRONG list of guest hosts.
1. Alfred Webre (he has an Exopolitics show and is the worst host in human history)
2. John Lear (probably considers Gene a CIA agent or alien hybrid)
3. Steven Greer (who could get a word in edgewise?)
4. Lynn Marzulli (the guy who thinks every "alien" is a demon in disguise and bases all his ufo research on the Bible)
5. Anyone who says "uh, uh" a lot (e.g., Whitley Strieber) or "I mean, y'know..." (e,g,Jeff Ritzmann) or laughs in a rapid gunfire manner (e.g., Tim Binnell - when he does his nervous sort of HAHAHAHAHAHA thing on his show, I always think of Woody Woodpecker).

Have I been banned yet? Just offering my opinions - honest!

Kimball would also be great, but I'd imagine he wouldn't be interested.

You might be surprised at what I would be interested in.

I would be honoured to guest host an episode or two - Gene and I are talking about that now, with a couple of great guests.

Personally, I'd love to do a show with Michael Salla. ;)

The Paracast is as good as it gets.

Paul

I would be honoured to guest host an episode or two - Gene and I are talking about that now, with a couple of great guests.

Paul

You get Salla and you can co-host the episode, Paul. Thanks for working with me. These forthcoming shows will be just terrific. :)

so what is the reason to stop
Abbott without Costello, McCartney without Lennon, Anthony without Cleopatra, Butch without Sundance...Get it? Some pairings are so reliant upon personal dynamics that knowing when to move on is often an act of undeniable common sense and self-awareness. If Gene chooses to continue I wish him great luck, and more so to David's successor. That is a formidable rock to push up the mountain.

Abbott without Costello, McCartney without Lennon, Anthony without Cleopatra, Butch without Sundance...Get it? Some pairings are so reliant upon personal dynamics that knowing when to move on is often an act of undeniable common sense and self-awareness. If Gene chooses to continue I wish him great luck, and more so to David's successor. That is a formidable rock to push up the mountain.

But remember that both Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis both became greater successes after they separated. :D

Paul

Well, all right then! I think I may have been the first of many to suggest your name as a solid guest host, though I think it may have been in a different thread (maybe the one dB closed.) Looking forward to that a lot.

Again, Godspeed and be well, dB.

Great to hear that you are continuing on Gene! I am looking forward to the upcoming shows and guest co-hosts. Nothing like a breath of fresh air now and then. :)

Actually, Marc Antony would have been a lot better off without Cleopatra, and that McCartney guy has done pretty well for himself without that Lennon guy. ;)

Looking forward to listening.

Thanks. The two guests have just confirmed their interest and availability to me, so hopefully we'll be able to tape it next week. It will bring together people from three different countries. :)

Paul

Paul

I think you'd make a brilliant guest host Paul. Like David you're outspoken and like David you know how to give a good rant whilst throwing in a bit of comedy from time to time.

Wow...you're actually getting Salla on...this will certainly be worth tuning in for. Perhaps David can come back and co-co guest host for this one :)

Wow...you're actually getting Salla on...this will certainly be worth tuning in for. Perhaps David can come back and co-co guest host for this one :)

At the end of the day, it all depends on whether Paul and I can make this happen. I would think, however, that Salla will veto the request out of hand. I don't think he'd like to handle that level of heat in an encounter where he doesn't make the rules. :)

We'll see, however.

At the end of the day, it all depends on whether Paul and I can make this happen. I would think, however, that Salla will veto the request out of hand. I don't think he'd like to handle that level of heat in an encounter where he doesn't make the rules. :)

We'll see, however.

Anyone who claims to be a serious, objective researcher should be willing to subject themselves and their work to the scrutiny of their critics (which is why I've been disappointed, albeit not all that surprised, by Rich Dolan's response to his critics here, and elsewhere).

You might be surprised about Salla, however. He never had a problem debating me and others on the UFO Updates site, so maybe he would go for it.

But then there's the question of what it would actually accomplish. Would I change Salla's mind? No. Would he change mine? No. Would anything new come of it? Probably not. So what's the point, other than to watch an argument, in which case you might as well tune in to pro wrestling, or invite Kal Korff on.

There are others with whom I could have a much better conversation. I would love to chat with Dean Radin, for example, although Greg Bishop would be a better guest host for that show. The one episode I would metaphorically kill to do would be Michio Kaku. Perhaps I'll send him an e-mail! :)

In the meantime, the two guests for the show that I have signed on to do are top notch researchers / guys, who have spent decades between them researching everything from ghosts to UFOs, poltergeists to crypto creatures. It should be a fun ride!

Paul

Back