• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Guest Host Board

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
As you know, with David's decision to bow out of participation in the show — and I trust it is temporary though right now he fees he can't go on — we'll be continuing the show with special guest hosts.

I welcome your suggestions, of course, as to the people you think would be in sync with me, and when we do the shows, your verdict will help us make some decisions about the direction to take.

Coming up on February 28, for example, UFO investigator Frank Warren will join us as guest host as we revisit the Aztec UFO crash, which will feature Scott Ramsey.

Well I'll start with the obvious ones being the main friends of the paracast:
Don Ecker
Frank Warren
Chris O'Brien
Greg Bishop
Paul Kimball

Also, I believe that Jeff Ritzman has put his podcasting on hold for a few months while he concentrates on his life so maybe you could borrow The Clueless One for a while... he'd certainly add some comedy value

You know, there is a british satirical news show called 'Have I got new for you' that lost its main host for reasons not worth going in to here. But the point is that I thought the show would not survive without him. Yet they actually used a format where there was a famous guest host every week and it really worked well.
Perhaps just having a different guest host every week would work well, but then of course you would not only have to find a guest every week, but a guest host as well.

Well I'll start with the obvious ones being the main friends of the paracast:
Don Ecker
Frank Warren
Chris O'Brien
Greg Bishop
Paul Kimball

Also, I believe that Jeff Ritzman has put his podcasting on hold for a few months while he concentrates on his life so maybe you could borrow The Clueless One for a while... he'd certainly add some comedy value

You know, there is a british satirical news show called 'Have I got new for you' that lost its main host for reasons not worth going in to here. But the point is that I thought the show would not survive without him. Yet they actually used a format where there was a famous guest host every week and it really worked well.
Perhaps just having a different guest host every week would work well, but then of course you would not only have to find a guest every week, but a guest host as well.

I hear there'a a guy named Norry who sometimes has weekends free! ROFLMAO!

I hear there'a a guy named Norry who sometimes has weekends free! ROFLMAO!

Just trying to bring a little humor to the subject. But seriously I think the guest host thing could work. Paul Kimball and Greg Bishop and maybe even Stanton Freidman come to mind. I do hope David can recharge and in the meantime the show can continue to grow.

Have you contacted Schuyler? If anyone can bring the same intelligence to the topics discussed as David has so aptly done over the past several years it is he. Don Ecker would be good but I'm not sure how that would work with his radio schedule. I would also second the Paul Kimball suggestion though I think he would be a more intermittent co-host given his busy and erratic schedule.

Of course you might try a completely different tact and find an ardent skeptic/debunker to team up with. Maybe this will force them to actually become educated in the field instead of making uninformed proclamations.

Gene, I hope you are right and that David comes back or at least participates in the forums. I don't know though, the feeling I got from the posts he made is that he is done. If thats the case, its sad to lose someone of his talent and intelligence looking into the phenomenon.

Of the people who frequent this board and are not already "in the field" I think Schuyler would do a good job.
(Maybe he is in a field, do they have fields on Bainbridge island?)

I vote for Schuyler, for what it's worth, but I don't think he'd want the gig.

And whether I'll be back on the show or not - only time will tell.

dB

For what its worth Dave, about 6 months ago I started listening to some of the early shows and you sounded like a different person. You sounded genuinly intrigued and and excited about the subject whereas in the last year or so you have sounded very weathered and frustrated with the whole topic. Now I dont know you, so have no idea whats really going through your mind, but perhaps you have gotten too caught up in trying to separate signal from noise, in trying to flush out the sharlatans, and in trying to clear out the bullshit from this field. Maybe taking a break will allow you tome come back and look at this stuff in a new light.
I know you always say that you are an experiencer and this stuff is not entertainment for you, but to me entertainment, through thought provoking subjects is the only way to look at this stuff and not go mad. Look at some of the guys who have been in the field for years... Greg, Nick, Don... at the end of the day, they are all really into this stuff but never let themselves get too wound up about it (with the exception of Don sometimes)

I hope you go away and come back refreshed in a couple of months

And if Ecker has shown us anything.... nobody ever truly leaves this subject! ;)

That's the problem with the UFO field. It's so very easy to get disgusted about the whole thing and want to give it up. Having gone through that scene a few times, I hope I've learned to tolerate a little bit more than I used to handle. But it's not easy.

(Maybe he is in a field, do they have fields on Bainbridge island?)

As a matter of fact my house is built on an old strawberry field and about six acres of it still exists across the street. I've always thought this would make a perfect UFO landing spot, but apparently my flashlights and choice of music and lasers is keeping those critters away. Or maybe it's the frogs which can be quite loud. The builders never found the drainage pipes sitting atop a layer of clay a couple of feet down, so now all the houses have pools in their crawlspaces. I had a drainage ditch dug around the inside of the foundation that flows to a sump pump to keep it dry down there.

I do appreciate the votes. Thank you very much. I'm not inclined to take it on, however.

As a matter of fact my house is built on an old strawberry field and about six acres of it still exists across the street. I've always thought this would make a perfect UFO landing spot, but apparently my flashlights and choice of music and lasers is keeping those critters away. Or maybe it's the frogs which can be quite loud. The builders never found the drainage pipes sitting atop a layer of clay a couple of feet down, so now all the houses have pools in their crawlspaces. I had a drainage ditch dug around the inside of the foundation that flows to a sump pump to keep it dry down there.

I do appreciate the votes. Thank you very much. I'm not inclined to take it on, however.

We asked, and we'd still like to see Schuyler come on, at least for an episode or two as a guest.

Despite the prostration from Schuyler , I think he would make a great,albeit temporary host/guest, his knowladge of the UFO feild seems extensive, and perhaps would add a even more critical edge to the show. Best wishes to Mr Bideny, and thanks for your contribution.

Nick Redfern might be a good choice. He's a no-nonsense type of guy, who's not afraid of controversy. How about James Carrion? He also seems a no BS type. Scott Corrales? My number one choice would be Don Ecker, but he may not have the time.

Despite the prostration from Schuyler , I think he would make a great,albeit temporary host/guest, his knowladge of the UFO feild seems extensive, and perhaps would add a even more critical edge to the show. Best wishes to Mr Bideny, and thanks for your contribution.

I think everyone that's a member of this awesome Forum and has been a listener to the show for a while at least understands Davids decision.I don't pretend to know you both other then from the shows, but for me that is already enough to say I genuinely like the both of you.Once more, all the best to you :)

I liked the show with just Gene and Brad Steiger a few months ago lot, Gene is way more than just capable to host alone.Concerning guest hosts, isn't the question who would be up for it in the first place? I second everyone that has been mentioned so far (come on Schuyler ;) ), also wanted to point out that the first that offered his assistance was Chris O'Brien.

Paracast, the only podcast taking the paranormal seriously going strong for four years straight and many more years to come.

I'm more of a lurker here that active participant, but I want to express my sincere appreciation to Gene for his willingness to carry on with the show. I've always enjoyed your hosting the show, Gene. Very well done. I look forward to your solo episodes, as well as the guest hosts. Having listened some of the archive lately, I've thoroughly enjoyed the Robert Hastings appearances. Any chance he would do any guest hosting?

Back