• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Cool Thing About Jesus

Exactly! That's what's so cool about the J-Man. He is open-standards, non-proprietary, crowd-sourced, and infinitely adaptable.

> I've never met anyone who didn't think their accepted version of Jesus was the guy.

No longer true because now you've met me brother, a southern gothic Ulysses. :D

you're probably familiar with Elaine Pagels? the Jesus Seminar? I'm pretty sure Pagels is mentioned on GnosticBytesRadio

One of those blondish haired Anglo-Saxon looking Jesus pics popped up on my homepage screen the other day and by gosh--It was almost identical to the pictures of Jesus from my quasi-Methodist upbringing. No wonder I'm theologically challenged.

Last edited:
Sorry C Prime, but Jesus' entire love, understanding, compassion and forgiveness can be summed up like this:
th

You can argue til the sun burns out, but that's the bottom line.
I dunno. I always thought it was his dad that was the hardass. I still side with the compassionate, non-judgmental, anti-slut shaming, social justice side of the J-man.

Though, as Beckett says near the start of Waiting for Godot, 3 out of 4 gospel writers don't even mention the potential for full forgiveness for those thieves at Golgotha. So maybe it's not Jesus that's the problem but his biographers?

god eh, what a guy, fiddles with some virgin chick whilst she is asleep, gets her pregnant, and yall worship him.
me i shag ONE sheep [conscious], and they all point at me and call me 'sheepshagger'.

Back