• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Black Knight Revisited

@Constance I will await your research. I haven't listened yet to the podcast where Duncan Lunan apparently debunks the 'legend'. But I find Double Nought Spy's comments notable -

I haven't yet listened to that podcast either. I'd prefer, as always, a written text or texts that deal comprehensively with the different observations that have led to the hypothesis of a satellite (or two) in changing orbits around earth since 1952 (not the speculation that it's been in earth orbit for 13,000 years). It sounds like Duncan Lunan also provides written text(s) on this subject on his website, probably a good place to begin before surveying the various indications that such a satellite was present over a period of time. Reading all that will take considerable time and I was misleading in writing that I would devote some time to this, which suggested that I'd do it all at once starting now. Even if I did that, what are the chances that my reading would be persuasive? My guess is that 'we' don't have enough information in public view to be confident that we know whether there has been such a satellite in earth orbit or not. What I questioned was the claim that all of this has been 'debunked', which is, in current usage, a judgment often without legs.

Any evidence the so cslled black knight is not space junk?

I think many of the older previous posts give good perspectives, like Ian's post -

IAN'S POST#13 : "Well Tesla probably heard whistlers. They were first heard on early telephone lines and no fancy equipment is needed to hear them. But without any technical details of what Tesla is reported to have heard or how he heard them, we'll never know for sure.

"On what frequencies did the radio hams receive the signals? What were the call signs of these radio hams? How did they record the signals in the 1920s, and on what equipment were they received? How did the data suggest its origin was from the Bootes star system?

"Rare and erratic delays in HF signals have been occasionally noted and recorded recently - it's an interest of mine. The most likely explanation is some as yet ill-understood mechanism in the magnetosphere. Probably not an alien satellite holding and relaying signals to draw attention to itself. Appealing though that may be, the satellite is doing it far too infrequently; an artificial device would surely do this on many more signals that escape the ionosphere - wouldn't it?

"Like I said in post #6 above, read or listen to the Black Night satellite explanation from Brian Dunning. The holes in the story are revealed and he proposes what I feel is a more plausible explanation.

"Just because stuff is reported, and repeated in neat Youtube videos, doesn't mean it really happened. These videos rarely reference any sources so fact can't be checked.

"I'd like to believe this might be true, but as someone working in radio communications (MF/HF/VHF and satellite) I think the Black Knight story just doesn't stack up. Sorry chaps...Nick"

Saw this thread had been resurrected and considered ploughing in again. Thanks to Tyger for reposting my thoughts in post #23 above; I'd forgotten I wrote that, but I stand by it still 100%.

I re-listened to the Wow Signal podcast mentioned elsewhere in this thread and in the second part Duncan Lunan explains where he got the data suggesting the Bracewell probe was from Bootes, and goes on to explain why he realised he was mistaken, and retracted his thoughts.

I also think Double Nought Spy in post #14 is right.

Like many, many 'mysteries', the more you understand the science behind it, the less mysterious it becomes. If you don't understand the science or any technical details or background - well anything seem plausible!

Knowing the science and some history behind satellite technology and the massive supporting regulations and infrastructure, I think this particular one has been completely dismembered and can be put to bed - fascinating as the idea is. If anyone can unearth some original data on this matter, then please do so.

This story seems to have grown out of sloppy reporting by well-intentioned but non-technical writers who have (deliberately?) confused various different facts into an on-the-face-of-it compelling narrative.

Now, let's think... where have we seen that done before...?

Last edited:
Like many, many 'mysteries', the more you understand the science behind it, the less mysterious it becomes. If you don't understand the science or any technical details or background - well anything seem plausible!

I could not agree more with you here.

Plain truth.

This story seems to have grown out of sloppy reporting by well-intentioned but non-technical writers who have (deliberately?) confused various different facts into an on-the-face-of-it compelling narrative.

Now, let's think... where have we seen that done before...?
Where? :confused: :)

interesting video ...
My thinking is that if there really were an ancient alien satellite up there that they've known about for decades, Elon Musk would already have it up there on display at Space X. I can never pin down anything really specific on it. Nevertheless, I remain convinced that Earth has been visited by alien probes ( craft ), if not entire mother ships. So who knows? Even if the "Black Night" satellite is a complete myth, it's not as if the idea of interstellar alien space probes is impossible. Is it?

My thinking is that if there really were an ancient alien satellite up there that they've known about for decades, Elon Musk would already have it up there on display at Space X. I can never pin down anything really specific on it. Nevertheless, I remain convinced that Earth has been visited by alien probes ( craft ), if not entire mother ships. So who knows? Even if the "Black Night" satellite is a complete myth, it's not as if the idea of interstellar alien space probes is impossible. Is it?

Very much along the lines of my thinking, I don't think the "Black Knight" as such exists but while I have no proof as such I should expect the Earth has had probes here over the eons.... Now considering how small we can make tech these days imagine what a significantly advance civilization could do, you know Randall it is quite possible we would not even know they were here at all.

Very much along the lines of my thinking, I don't think the "Black Knight" as such exists but while I have no proof as such I should expect the Earth has had probes here over the eons.... Now considering how small we can make tech these days imagine what a significantly advance civilization could do, you know Randall it is quite possible we would not even know they were here at all.
Indeed. That sort of begs the question: Why then have they made their presence known if they don't have to?

Last edited:
Back