• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

THANK YOU Ufology, Stonehart and Sue -- You all rocked!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Hats off to Dave, Randall & Sue for a fab Listener Roundtable--10th anniversary show taping!
This brings me to an idea: perhaps we should create a scheduled chat session to discuss current shows. Have a moderator and someone to take notes to capture ideas that might pop up and be discussed... Just a thought !

Hats off to Dave, Randall & Sue for a fab Listener Roundtable--10th anniversary show taping!
This brings me to an idea: perhaps we should create a scheduled chat session to discuss current shows. Have a moderator and someone to take notes to capture ideas that might pop up and be discussed... Just a thought !

Very good idea Chris, bouncing ideas around and just general chat would be fantastic.

To do that if need to buy online chat software to integrate with the forum.

You are a brave man Gene for running a forum :)

Well, we do have the chat, so scheduled sessions might be a good idea to get it going. Of course, time windows are different for everyone (I know, always the pessimist in me).

As for Thank Yous, I'd like to hijack the opportunity to thank you, Gene and Chris for providing shows like these, where listeners get to say what's on our minds. It's a great concept. Seeing the wide range of interests, scepticism and beliefs, there's always going to be a basis for discussion. And up to now, this has been a constructive and civil one (at least in the shows, maybe not always on the forums).

And sorry for editing my question post during recording. I had posted my first questions before heading off to work, but then I came up with more and more questions during the day. Couldn't help it.

Well, we do have the chat, so scheduled sessions might be a good idea to get it going. Of course, time windows are different for everyone (I know, always the pessimist in me).

As for Thank Yous, I'd like to hijack the opportunity to thank you, Gene and Chris for providing shows like these, where listeners get to say what's on our minds. It's a great concept. Seeing the wide range of interests, scepticism and beliefs, there's always going to be a basis for discussion. And up to now, this has been a constructive and civil one (at least in the shows, maybe not always on the forums).

And sorry for editing my question post during recording. I had posted my first questions before heading off to work, but then I came up with more and more questions during the day. Couldn't help it.

It was a huge amount of fun doing the show... felt nervous as all hell before and during the first half but as things moved along I warmed up.
If you get the chance to go and do a round table do it as Gene and Chris are very friendly and great to chat with, Chris, Ufology and myself had a good hour long chat after just chilling and talking... I would do a show again in a heart beat. Plus Sue was outstanding and very sharp with her answers and I did learn a fair few things about not being so focused on the nuts and bolts end of the field.

The Chat room idea is great as it would be very cool to chat with some of you real time.

OK here's a crazy idea: Would anyone be interested in participating in a USI spinoff podcast dedicated mainly to serious ufology and critical thinking with respect to the paranormal? I'll coordinate and record it, and with @Gene Steinberg's approval, The Paracast Forum will work for forum content, and we can offer the recorded shows to Gene to include as bonus material for After The Paracast subscribers. I'm thinking perhaps bi-weekly so that participants have time to do some preparation on designated topics. Thoughts?

Plus Sue was outstanding and very sharp with her answers and I did learn a fair few things about not being so focused on the nuts and bolts end of the field.
Special thanks to Sue for coming on and offering alternative ideas, etc. I look forward to this Paracast, and I'm pleased to note here that Tyger has offered to do a Paracast show sometime too! Exciting prospect that will meet "the gold standard" of Paracast. Maybe Sue and Tyger together?

OK here's a crazy idea: Would anyone be interested in participating in a USI spinoff podcast dedicated mainly to serious ufology and critical thinking with respect to the paranormal? I'll coordinate and record it, and with @Gene Steinberg's approval, The Paracast Forum will work for forum content, and we can offer the recorded shows to Gene to include as bonus material for After The Paracast subscribers. I'm thinking perhaps bi-weekly so that participants have time to do some preparation on designated topics. Thoughts?

Sure why not .. count me in

That was a kind of weird experience in that it was a lot less weird for me than it should have been. Initially I felt like I didn't have much to say and wasn't sure why anyone would care about what my opinions were in the first place. I jotted some ideas and stories ahead of time just in case, but Gene and Chris ran things really effectively and made it very easy to be a guest. So I would encourage other forum posters to belly up to the mike next time the call goes out.

I really enjoyed the fact that we all came from such different perspectives AND there was a haunted house story in there as well. And while I've often had the experience of disagreeing with what other people say on a podcast, this is the first time I've had the opportunity to disagree with something I myself said on a podcast within a couple hours of saying it.

The chat idea and the spinoff podcastlet ideas are both great. Bellgab has spun off numerous user-driven podcastlets and has an active, if somewhat raucous, chat on the ufoship stream that's a lot of fun, so I think that's a good model for increasing engagement. In the meantime, I'm going to try to pin down my ComiCon-conversant, 30th-birthday-bemoaning Sunday morning training partner and pick his brains about attitudes about UFOs and the paranormal among young male underemployed African American animation artists. This will result in Knowledge.

Just FYI: We continue the roundtable on After The Paracast, which we label [Explicit] for reasons that will become obvious when you hear the episode.

If you haven't subscribed to The Paracast+ yet, this is a great time to sign up. Our previous episode of After The Paracast was a double-length episode that continued our 10th anniversary show.

I really look forward to hearing Sue again! Very insightful and sound commentary. Thanks Sue. Also, I hope Tyger will join you when you come on next time.

Yes, Constance would be fascinating too with ETH being one of her primary interests combined with her excellent knowledge about UFO history.

I'm nearly finished listening and I can honestly say hand on heart, you all did a stellar job. Randall is an old hand at the game so I expect a certain level from him and he never disappoints. Stoney - no-one would guess for a microsecond that you even ever had a single hesitation about doing a show but you came across with a great radio voice and presence (deeper voice than I'd imagined weirdly!) and I'm sure we'll be hearing more from you in the future. You are basically now the New Zealand correspondent for the Paracast!
Sue - a real pleasure to hear a lady on a listener roundtable for the first time. I've always hated the ridiculous gender imbalance in the field and I must say you came across as very thoughtful and eloquent and definitely brought thoughts to the table that probably would have never arisen had you not participated.

Chris I'll have to do some research to remind myself but I'm sure there is a guy in L.A who claims to regularly 'call' UFOs. Now, they tend to be daylight orbs but anomalous they seem to be for sure and I don't know how he knows where and when they will be. In fact, a local TV News team came out to do a story on him, at a time and place of his choosing, saying there would be UFO activity. The news team were astonished when people started to exclaim and point to the sky, and right enough, they got footage of an anomalous aerial object - at the very least it was nothing they could readily identify and no-one could explain how anyone could have predicted it.

Now I'm not saying I believe it's all legit but there were many witnesses, and not all of them interested in UFOs.

Stopped listening after the political comments in the first few minutes. Unsub'd from Paracast + too. Done.
Wow,a bit over the top don't you think?.It's all about opinions if you don't agree with what people say then state your case.If your happy to miss out on all the other plusses of the Paracast over this one issue then good luck.

Stopped listening after the political comments in the first few minutes. Unsub'd from Paracast + too. Done.

I can't imagine what could have been said that would cause this reaction. I disagree periodically with what is being said, and my blood pressure starts to rise, but usually Gene and Chris move the topic back to the paranormal in a reasonable period of time. Now, I'm particularly curious. One can also use the fast forward button to skip the political commentary if it gets irritating.

Back