• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stick walkers

Interesting and compelling. They do look like those stick walkers I saw on Fact or Faked.
Couple of problems or observations.
They walked like puppets, slow, deliberate,....and like their feet were swinging by momentum, but it could just be perspective.
The "knee" joints bent both forward and backward, like a puppets joints would.

Now I could be wrong. They could be beings from the planet of living puppets, or the dimension of puppets, I mean who could really know? It could in fact be a vid of actual living beings. I'm curious what future investigations might turn up.

They look like puppets to me. A simple rag puppet with weighted feet. It looks like the video is running backwards from how it was shot as well. However, this does bring up the argument that if aliens or cryptological beings are out there then the prevalence of closed circuit security cameras should produce some footage. Where is it? There are videos from security cameras showing meteors and so forth but where are the flying saucers, aliens, and all that?

It's a hard thing for me to get past, I'll tell you. The more I have thought about this the more it I feel it has a lot of weight. Given the great number of these types of fixed cameras operating 24/7 around the world some anomalous actively would have to be caught. It would just have to.

I've seen lots of orb videos on things like My Ghost Story that look pretty convincing but I know orbs can be caused by something as mundane as dust. Where are the great videos of a Grey hauling someone out of their house? Where is the shot of that saucer hovering over the neighborhood next to the Super Wal-Mart or whatever? Where is the ghost gliding down the stairs? Is it out there and I've missed or dismissed it?

They look like puppets to me. A simple rag puppet with weighted feet. It looks like the video is running backwards from how it was shot as well. However, this does bring up the argument that if aliens or cryptological beings are out there then the prevalence of closed circuit security cameras should produce some footage. Where is it? There are videos from security cameras showing meteors and so forth but where are the flying saucers, aliens, and all that?

It's a hard thing for me to get past, I'll tell you. The more I have thought about this the more it I feel it has a lot of weight. Given the great number of these types of fixed cameras operating 24/7 around the world some anomalous actively would have to be caught. It would just have to.

I've seen lots of orb videos on things like My Ghost Story that look pretty convincing but I know orbs can be caused by something as mundane as dust. Where are the great videos of a Grey hauling someone out of their house? Where is the shot of that saucer hovering over the neighborhood next to the Super Wal-Mart or whatever? Where is the ghost gliding down the stairs? Is it out there and I've missed or dismissed it?

I have seen some security cam vids of ghost but the problem is that the quality is usually so bad with these cameras that it's hard to tell what's really going on. In general with your comment about activity being caught on these cameras I would assume unless whomever is using these cams needs to look at the footage for whatever reason (probably most likely for criminal activity) they probably just delete/overwrite the footage. I'm a pretty patient person but even I would have a hard time going over hours and hours and hours of footage just to catch that one glimpse of activity!

Weren't there some MUFON members who got surprised by sticklike creatures in a corn field some time ago? Anybody know what became of that?

I wonder what's up with these things. Are they the newest addition to UFO mythology or what?

There is a place called Knittelfeld in Austria where creatures like that have allegedly shown up too (along with unexplained lights in the sky and other phenomena, mostly reported by the same two witnesses). They've been reporting that for years but I'm still waiting for some evidence (they are both professional photographers).

you know of all the things I've seen (not personally, just through media) this has to be the weirdest of them all. It just seems so out of the ordinary that it sticks out to me!

On the point of "knee" joints, appearances can deceive

answers.GIF

what looks like a knee, is the ankle on a flamingo, which is why the "knee" appears to be the reverse of our own

I can't wrap my head around these "Stick-Like things." It all is very bizzar to me and I have know idea nor theory about what these thing could be if they do exist. Strange, very strange.

this vid still freaks me out. i don't think it is real but neither do i think it cgi. if anything i think it some kind of puppetry or humans on stilts reduced in size. but i think it would be very difficult to make a puppet walk like that, esp the small one!
and even if it is puppetry. was it filmed elsewhere and superimposed or was the puppetry done in-situ?
the puppeteers would have to have a big raised platform for them to operate from and move across.
anyway you can explain it, it would still be difficult to do. ok, it may be one of those things that are easy once you've had it explained to you but i challenge anyone who thinks they have the answer to duplicate it. i admit i don't have the first clue!

if someone can copy it i will be happy to have had it explained. if they cannot, it just keeps being one f***ed up video! great post!

Also if these kinds of videos are fake, to what end! Why are the people faking them, for what gain. I havent heared of anyone coming out saying they faked this kinds of videos. No one is making money or gaining fam even in the smallest. Just WEIRD!

similar to the fresno stick walkers

analysis

The freak me out like nothing I've ever seen thought maybe it could be done by using platform walking sticks like some African dancers use, but there is a creepy energy that cones off these things that you feel in the presence of EDs.
It runs up my spine and nests in my shoulder blades and neck.
I just hope what ever they are I never meet them I'd drop dead at the sight of them, in my heart for that reason alone I hope that it is a hoax.

T.O - forgive me for i know not - i am more than happy to say the night crawler video is a hoax. what i do want to know is do you have any idea how it was done?

i may of course be missing the obvious but it doesn't look like CGI nor does it look like an actor in costume.
my problem with the puppet explanation is that when i watch closely, and certainly as the 'thing' crosses the last bit of grass, i look closely and the movement of the 'legs' seems way too fluid to be puppetry. i have seen world class puppeteers up close before and you can always see that it is puppets from the inevitably jerky movement.
to me it really looks like something with muscle movement is walking across the grass. even if the 'fact or fake' attempt with a puppet is amateur at best, i think it shows the difficulty of pulling off such fluid, constant movement.

for a hoax i think it should win an award for sheer originality and slick execution. it is interesting to note that the homeowner was subjected to voice stress analysis - supposedly a very good indicator of someone telling the truth - and no obvious signs of fraud were obvious.
if the homeowner was not in on the hoax i wonder who perpetrated it and why they chose him? i can guess that maybe his lawn with the cctv camera covering it provided the ideal set-up to perform such a hoax.

if you know how it was done, please share!

I'm not sure. The "stick-like creatures" seem to be simple puppets with the video running backwards. The Nightcrawler sequence looks to me to be a similar puppet or more likely a bird viewed through the distortion of low quality video. It shows a strange thing moving across the yard and that is about all that can be said about it. The owner could very well have filmed something strange and not been attempting to hoax anything. I do feel very strongly that the stick things are hoaxed though.

On the subject of video I tend to agree with you on this.

The only thing I could think of as to why very little video footage has turned up is that unless there is an intruder/fire or some other problem most security footage is dumped in a day or so and never viewed. There are guys who sit and watch screens for a job but I doubt they see much and if they work the way I believe they do they are not likely to see anything unless its right in their face so to speak. A friend of mine used to install security setups and stated that in most cases (there are exceptions) company's do not keep security footage for more than a week or so and almost never view it.

I know this proves nothing but it could be a reason why we get almost no footage turning up... we simply are not looking.

Back