• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Steven Greer

redalton said:
Dr. Greer is indeed his own worst enemy. I am not sure that many people in the real world are willing to listen to what he has to say. He spends way too much time and energy spouting conspiracy and government cover up this really turns most people off. Instead of listening to the information and research (which he has a some very creditable information and researchers that he has brought together) people are thinking this man is just crazy - and I don't even want to get started with this CSETI junk. For all the good work he may have put together over the years - it really means nothing if the public thinks you're a crackpot and delusional. They just ignore anything you have to offer after that.

At this point I think he needs to turn his research and materials over to some more creditable researchers in the field and take a good long break. Maybe even make some amends publicly to improve his tarnished image or just retire all together.

I agree with everything you just said.

well if he or someone else resurfaces with free energy technology that won't eat the space around it then I have no problem with whatever needs for publicity or money Dr. Greer as an individual may or may not have, although being a respected ER Dr. does not in my mind lend much credibility to him being an attention seeker or only interested in money.

However the CSETI stuff does seem somewhat odd or just paranoid.

I haven't read this entire thread but has anyone read his book?

I can't believe that this guy has had 17 pages of attention devoted to his suspect activities and motivations!

Please make it stop!

klatuu_berada_nicto said:
I can't believe that this guy has had 17 pages of attention devoted to his suspect activities and motivations!

Please make it stop!

No more a shock than BM and MH getting a lot of attention. They have the largest thread.

I read his book. It's nutty and repetitive but I liked it..
I believe Greer does not intentionally lie or abuse the system hundreds are willing to bear witness to what they have seen when around him, but I believe he's somewhat delusional and single minded.
He who sees the face of God is driven mad.
Not unlike Sereda, both are for the most part honest folks who simply don't know just how eccentric and lacking in common since they appear. The general populace of UFO conspiracy lovers seem to have liked it.
Amazon.com Sign In

Anybody talking about Cover up angles in UFOlogy today tend to go overboard sometimes! Greer also does that i guess! Some of his statements are totally unbelievable and serve as a huge embarassment to the field as such. I guess most of you ppl might have seen the whole National Press Club vdo. Some of his replies to the reporters' questions were unbelievable! He starts off by talkin free energy and stuff, and when a reporter asks a question challenging his claims, he simply answers her by saying that he's a simple medical doctor from a country side in Virginia! He did this a lot of times during the Q&A!

I think people need to PUSH the issue about Dr. Greer. He has done a lot getting legit people talking about the topic and a lot of discredit with C-SETI. As un-PC as it sounds I could give a rats's ass if he used C-SETI to fund legit research. I don't care if it is not truthful because money means NOTHING in terms of understanding the truth of UFOs. Money means nothing and when you pass you don't have it to take with you. If he is using it as a front to fake people out on the legit topic then it is much different. I think people in the know of this topic need to PUSH this topic to find out what is going on.

cottonzway said:
I think people need to PUSH the issue about Dr. Greer. He has done a lot getting legit people talking about the topic and a lot of discredit with C-SETI. As un-PC as it sounds I could give a rats's ass if he used C-SETI to fund legit research. I don't care if it is not truthful because money means NOTHING in terms of understanding the truth of UFOs. Money means nothing and when you pass you don't have it to take with you. If he is using it as a front to fake people out on the legit topic then it is much different. I think people in the know of this topic need to PUSH this topic to find out what is going on.

I'd like to make a couple distinctions here.

If you're talking about pushing disclosure, getting the truth, that kind of thing, then I totally agree. But, Greer is an aweful spokesperson for that cause. If I had to stand behind someone in this field, I'd probably pick Stanton Friedman.

If you're talking about pushing the Greer issue, than I agree. I'd like to see Greer exposed...C-Seti is more a religious new-age cult, than it is a search for the truth. Flash-lights and meditation, for $2500 per person for a week-long expeditions? Honestly. It's too bad, too. Because The Disclosure Project was an amazing effort. I've said it before. I feel bad for those folks that put their careers on the line for Greer. I wonder what they think of him now, with all of this CSETI nonsense. Shame on Greer, for discrediting himself, and all those that ever associated with him.

"If he is using it as a front to fake people out on the legit topic then it is much different."

I really don't know what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that if Greer is defrauding people out of money, in an effort to fund a legitimate quest for a new disclosure project, that this would be somehow okay, in an "un-pc" way? If that's what you're saying, first of all, I doubt Greer is seeking out some kind of legitimate disclosure project at this stage. He's burned ALL those bridges, I'm sure. Secondly, what you describe is beyond Un-PC, but quite sinister, and perhaps even illegal. I'm no attorney who has expertise in the field of non-profit organizations, but this idea you have about using deception I guess to separate people from their money, and then to use that money to fund some cause, well that sounds immoral at best. It doesn't really have anything to do with being PC or Un-PC. nope. Definitely not a healthy world-view on how to get to the truth in any field of inquiry.

I have read these threads with interest, as I have just finished reading Greer's book. I've been following The Disclosure Project for several years, so, I too, felt disappointed that Greer was willing to put himself on the line by supposedly "coming clean" about the alien contact protocol and so forth. There's a lot in the book that's hard to "digest", let's say, because we had primarily thought of Greer as the country Doc, sticking his head into weighty issues---and we thought of him as a hero, so to speak. (And a hero who would stay away from the "numbo jumbo, hocus pocus," sorts of stuff.)

However, I'm not willing to take away Greer's credibility because of it. If someone was truthful enough to earn your trust from the onset, then you at least owe him the opportunity to sustain it, until you are very certain that there is good reason to revoke it.

I remember the days when Shirley Maclaine was ridiculued for admitting to a belief in UFO's. Period. Just completely ridiculed for her spiritual or other-wordly beliefs. The minute someone adds spirituality to the mix, even die-hard UFO believers turn away. I think you forget that for many average people, even believing in UFO's itself is a giant stretch. What makes you think you're so sane?

Obviously, any being that transcends the speed of light is much more highly advanced than we are. So who knows what types of mental capacities they understand or possess? Why are you so quick to dismiss the rather intense or "far-reaching" parts of Greer's story? It sounds a bit like picking out the parts you like and dismissing the rest based on your own conception of reality. There's a lot more to heaven and earth, my friend, to paraphrase a famous quote.

I am an average suburban housewife, but certainly not average in experience. I don't close my mind to anything, for to do so would be allowing myself to live in ignorance. I know people who seem particularly gifted in certain areas, such as paranormal abilities, and I don't choose to dismiss them based on the science community's idea about what is possible and impossible. The earth is still in kindergarden, folks. A hundred years ago, they would have laughed at you if you had broached the idea of an Internet.

By the way, Greer's week-long workshops are $800. I don't think he's trying to buy a yacht behind our backs. I found this information at the Disclosure Website by performing a simple search.

In some ways I agree that Greer had a duty to commit to the Disclosure Project and behave in ways that would sustain it and keep it viable. Sometimes, in the best interest of a goal greater than ourselves, we have to keep certain parts of our lives secret, given the world's current ideas about itself. Coming out with his experiences may be detrimental in the long run, but that doesn't mean they aren't true, or that Greer has completely lost his mind. It just might not have been the best time to disclose them....

I would absolutely recommend keeping an open mind in life. Us human beings really know so little of reality----don't throw away the baby with the bath water.

However, I'm not willing to take away Greer's credibility because of it. If someone was truthful enough to earn your trust from the onset, then you at least owe him the opportunity to sustain it, until you are very certain that there is good reason to revoke it.

Good thing he never had my trust to begin with I guess.

It isn't hard to earn a gullible person's trust. Liars do it all the time. Especially at the onset. I'm not calling you gullible btw. I do not know the details about what you bought into and what you did not etc.

We cannot take away his ability to sustain his credibility, only he can.

I am certain he needs to back up many of his claims. Credibility is earned not freely given unless you want duped in this field. Even if he tells the truth sometimes, doesn't mean I should accept everything he has to say. Liars occasionally tell the truth. How do we know when he's lying or not? By requiring a standard of evidence. If he falls short, he isn't doing a good job of disclosure now is he? I'm on his side, he isn't on his side.

I didn't read the rest. Maybe some other time.

MEH said:

You do understand that that is exactly how a con-man operates, right? Everytime I read something about how a person in this field "seems really nice" or "sounds very sincere" a little voice in the back of my head shouts "con-man!". I suppose that makes me a cynic but it also lowers my chances of being suckered.

MEH said:
Obviously, any being that transcends the speed of light is much more highly advanced than we are.

What nonsense, we're on the brink of figuring this stuff out now (assuming of course we haven't already and just aren't being told). If otherworldy entites are so advanced, why is it contactee and abductee reports that feature alien "history lessons" often involve that race being in some kind of war? Technology is not reliant upon spiritual growth. If it was, we'd still be in the stone age.

MEH said:
By the way, Greer's week-long workshops are $800. I don't think he's trying to buy a yacht behind our backs. I found this information at the Disclosure Website by performing a simple search.

It's not that the information is hidden. Those of us who disagree with this notion find the price distasteful. Why $800? Why not $100? Why not $0? What's the money for?

I don't see myself as being "gullible." I stated in my post that I'd been following Greer for many years, and have done quite a bit of research and other reading on the subject. I, along with many other people, including public persons and officials, were impressed with what he was doing. My decision was as informed as anyone elses.

As for the guy who stated that it was "nonsense" that developing technologies that exceed the speed of light was in the capability of humans-- how ridiculous of you to claim that it's nonsense. Where do you think we got the technology? I harbor serious doubts that aliens capable of such technology are still in the infantile war mode. I think you've been watching too many Alien movies. If ET's wanted to destroy us, they've already had ample opportunity, if they do, in fact, exist.

Charging $800 for a workshop? Big deal. Is Dr. Greer not supposed to earn a living like the rest of us? What's wrong with charging for our services? Money is an exchange of energy in it's most basic form. He provides a service to willing participants and in exchange he is paid. I don't think $800 is excessive. Go take a look at similiar workshops, especially those of a spiritual nature. They make $800 seem like chump change.

A. LeClaire, why is it that you need to bully everyone into listening to you? Me thinks you doth protest too much. You act like I disturbed your marble game. It's okay if you take your marbles and go home. I find intelligent people are cable of disagreeing with others without subverting to childish behavior. It shows maturity and open-mindedness, something, I can see throughout these threads, you are not capable to achieving.

MEH said:
As for the guy who stated that it was "nonsense" that developing technologies that exceed the speed of light was in the capability of humans-- how ridiculous of you to claim that it's nonsense. Where do you think we got the technology? I harbor serious doubts that aliens capable of such technology are still in the infantile war mode. I think you've been watching too many Alien movies. If ET's wanted to destroy us, they've already had ample opportunity, if they do, in fact, exist.

"The guy" has a name you know; CapnG at your service. As for the rest, I don't think you actually read what I wrote correctly. And it is nonsense to assume that one must possess a certain level of mental or spiritual capacity as a precursor to FTL tech. It's also bizarre (and derogatory) to assume humans aren't capable of cracking the light speed riddle by ourselves.

As for the rest, on what basis do you assume that there are no hostile ETs? The fact we're still here? Ridiculous. The absence of direct conflict is by no means an indicator of benificence. I'm not saying "Oh NO! They're out to get us!!" I'm just saying that to assume aliens would be our "loving space brothers" is at best overly optimistic and at worst dangerous.

MEH said:
I don't think $800 is excessive. Go take a look at similiar workshops, especially those of a spiritual nature. They make $800 seem like chump change.

You don't think charging someone $800 to wander around in the desert with a flashlight and watch a laser light show is excessive? Are you a millionaire or something?

MEH said:
It shows maturity and open-mindedness, something, I can see throughout these threads, you are not capable of achieving.

Sigh...

Greer stated that he has an FBI memo that Marilyn Monroe was murdered because she had knowledge of a UFO cover up. He never produced that memo, and it just sounds like a fabrication. He always say outlandish things that he cant back up. I think that makes him lose credibility. The witness testimonies are largely impeccable, and even though he organized the Disclosure Project, he is the one that makes it less believable.

DVS said:
Greer stated that he has an FBI memo that Marilyn Monroe was murdered because she had knowledge of a UFO cover up. He never produced that memo, and it just sounds like a fabrication. He always say outlandish things that he cant back up. I think that makes him lose credibility. The witness testimonies are largely impeccable, and even though he organized the Disclosure Project, he is the one that makes it less believable.

I wonder what he tells the witnesses that have committed themselves to seeing this through to the bitter end - "not long now guys, just another couple of years of book-signings, radio shows and UFO vectoring, then we'll get you up in front of a congressional hearing. I promise."

HA! I kind of feel bad for a good number of those witnesses. I give Greer credit for bringing them into the spotlight, but he kind of left them in the cold and ran away on his own. Some of those guys are elderly and thought they were going somewhere with their testimonies. Some of them were real emotional about this and where are they now?

I seriously beleive we need these people to come back around with a more credible person leading them, like Stanton Friedman.. The only thing Im afraid of is that they are all tainted for being associated with the Disclosure Project.. I kind of thought all of those testimonies were a historic event in th UFO field, but as of now all they said is just irrelevant.

DVS said:
HA! I kind of feel bad for a good number of those witnesses. I give Greer credit for bringing them into the spotlight, but he kind of left them in the cold and ran away on his own. Some of those guys are elderly and thought they were going somewhere with their testimonies. Some of them were real emotional about this and where are they now?

I seriously beleive we need these people to come back around with a more credible person leading them, like Stanton Friedman.. The only thing Im afraid of is that they are all tainted for being associated with the Disclosure Project.. I kind of thought all of those testimonies were a historic event in th UFO field, but as of now all they said is just irrelevant.

Putting my 'super conspiracy' head on again, I suggested a while ago that perhaps Greer is 'the one' - like 'Neo' in the Matrix - he's really working for the 'agents' and his purpose is to get all the would-be whistle-blowers to break cover so they can be put in one place and he can leave them in limbo, never fulfilling his promise of a congressional hearing. Just a (dark) thought...

Rick Deckard said:
Just a (dark) thought...

Yeah, could be. I personally doubt it though... He reminds me of someone I used to know. That person was also very eloquent and convincing. He could make things up, on the spot, during presentations about adobe mud bricks, that you would think he was the world's authority on adobe. Stunning. I wished I could talk like that, and *look* like that. He fooled people up to the highest political level (I know, because I helped him get there. Doh!)

Anyway, so what did really happen to Greer's witnesses? Where are they now? I would have thought somebody would simply take their details, and get them together again - regardless of Greer?

MEH said:
I don't see myself as being "gullible." I stated in my post that I'd been following Greer for many years, and have done quite a bit of research and other reading on the subject. I, along with many other people, including public persons and officials, were impressed with what he was doing. My decision was as informed as anyone elses.

Charging $800 for a workshop? Big deal. Is Dr. Greer not supposed to earn a living like the rest of us? What's wrong with charging for our services? Money is an exchange of energy in it's most basic form. He provides a service to willing participants and in exchange he is paid. I don't think $800 is excessive. Go take a look at similiar workshops, especially those of a spiritual nature. They make $800 seem like chump change.

A. LeClaire, why is it that you need to bully everyone into listening to you? Me thinks you doth protest too much. You act like I disturbed your marble game. It's okay if you take your marbles and go home. I find intelligent people are cable of disagreeing with others without subverting to childish behavior. It shows maturity and open-mindedness, something, I can see throughout these threads, you are not capable to achieving.

Wasn't aware I was bullying. I re read what I said, and still don't see it. You're off, but I'll not twist your arm about it. I didn't bother reading the rest of your post. My name caught my eye, I read the bullying remark and realized you don't interpret me correctly. The less I speak to you probably the better since it only adds to confusion.

Back