• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Steven Greer

M

michael

This was an interesting interview. While I agree that there is most likely a global conspiracy to keep alien technology from the masses, I'm not so sure I bought into what he said about people summoning alien craft via some kind of mental telepathy. I'd have to see this actually happening.

I think David Biedny said it best when he made the comment along the lines of why would the aliens listen to us? I would go further and ask, why would these extra terrestrials just drop what they're doing and fly their craft here just because some human summons them? I'm sure they have their own lives to lead and don't exist just to be seen by us. (Unless I'm not understanding what Dr. Greer was saying).

Anyway, I applaud him and the Disclosure Project for pushing the envelope when it comes to unmasking the people and organizations who are bent on keeping this knowledge away from us "regular folks".

I've only listened to part of the Greer interview. I will probably listen to the rest soon. I take it he spoke of "vectoring in" et craft again? Has anyone ever seen video of this? I still haven't. I recall on a Larry King live show many years ago, "out in the Nevada desert near Area 51", Greer talked about it, and stated that he thinks Larry's people were given some video footage of it. If so, Larry didn't show it. Unfortunate. According to other researchers, they haven't seen it either. Why Greer never seems to have it uploaded anywhere is strange. If he does, please inform me. I have been wanting to see this for years. I might drop him a line and mention the free upload services available around the net... Something that profound I would hope he would make the effort to show it to the public.

Ufowatchdog.com has some interesting info. on Greer. I think it's a bit harsh on him, but worth considering.

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall3.html

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/greer_letter.html

Look homeward, ET

michael said:
I think David Biedny said it best when he made the comment along the lines of why would the aliens listen to us? I would go further and ask, why would these extra terrestrials just drop what they're doing and fly their craft here just because some human summons them? I'm sure they have their own lives to lead and don't exist just to be seen by us. (Unless I'm not understanding what Dr. Greer was saying).

Maybe the aliens are like my chickens. They have parts of their brain attached to the universe that instinctively go toward other intelligence or activity. My chickens follow me around instinctively because I'm the biggest two-legged thing in the pen.
More seriously, I think that in order to understand alien intelligence's motivation, we first have to boil down the purpose of any living thing to a simple concept (Schroedinger put it something like this here: What is Life? by Erwin Shrodinger) The one piece of wisdom that permeates all philosophy is the idea of creation. All life has to create more usefulness for the universe than it uses up in resources. Perhaps the alien intelligence is attracted to creative activity, but repulsed by our overconsumption and lack of Net Creative behavior and intraspecies cooperation. That's why they are watching, poking and prodding, but not becoming too attached to us, since we are at the level of our chickens, competing for everything without living as though we can think. Just making a bunch of stuff doesn't make us advanced if we are using all that stuff to 'eat' ourselves out of house and home without a thought.

"...why would these extra terrestrials just drop what they're doing and fly their craft here just because some human summons them? I'm sure they have their own lives to lead and don't exist just to be seen by us."

Maybe they live here, underground and under the sea and don't have to come from anywhere? Maybe they are not bound by time and place but are interdimensional and can be in many places at the same time.

"...but repulsed by our overconsumption and lack of Net Creative behavior and intraspecies cooperation"

Don't undersell the human species! What they are after is a piece of God. You and me. All one after all. And they will do anything to create a bit of themselves in with God, which as you know, is in us all. God Consciousness.

Joan said:
"...but repulsed by our overconsumption and lack of Net Creative behavior and intraspecies cooperation"

Don't undersell the human species! What they are after is a piece of God. You and me. All one after all. And they will do anything to create a bit of themselves in with God, which as you know, is in us all. God Consciousness.

God came to me and told me to be an atheist. Ergo, I am forbidden from using God as the answer to any questions. He allows me to talk about Creativity, though. So, in your view, we all seek to become like God, (Creators, right?..) then what? Being God means that we contribute something to the Universe over and above what we consume in resources. THAT is the essence of all Creator religion. Any advanced species figures this out, because if they didn't figure it out, they would be extinct, or possibly on their second 'go-around' after destroying most of thier own planet through consumption/production. We know this is the way nature works.

Until I see this on the Today show, I will continue to sell stock in the Humans 'short', knowing they will continue to think they can invent their way out of overconsumption: like cutting our way out of tax deficits, buying our way out of bankruptcy, etc.

Again: Advanced universal society has perhaps two criteria: learn to forgive and forget, and Net Creativity. Sort of like the Borg on Star Trek, (without the assimilation part): We have to prove our usefulness to the universe before they let us in on the game. Otherwise, what would be the point in giving us more advanced technology? Just so we can feed even more competitors and warmongers to grow up and compete and war? We don't have to be perfect, we just have to be useful. Right now, the overall usefulness of the human species to the planet or the universe is negative.

Since this whole SETI cover up issue happened, my opinion of Greer sunk even lower. I don't think one can be too harsh on him now. :p

Questions for all

found this in Smear:

"Greer reached his peak of publicity in 2001, with a "Disclosure Project" held at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. There he brought forth a host of alleged witnesses regarding the "UFO Cover-Up". The consensus of opinion afterwards was that, though some of the speakers were very impressive, others definitely were not. No momentum was built for further revelations.

Greer believes in all sorts of UFO conspiracies, but he is best described by a sentence in the article that states: "Dr. Greer also asserts that he's been for a ride in a flying saucer, can levitate groups of automobiles by meditating, and is in regular communication with the interplanetary tourist crowd." If this is a true statement of some of Greer's beliefs, we hope he never returns to being an emergency-room physician! "

http://www.martiansgohome.com/smear/v53/ss060630.htm

"On the other hand - The semi-mysterious John Alexander, till recently with NIES (National Institute of Discovery Science) claims that real Congressional hearings on UFOs were in the works until ufoologist Stephen Greer put on his "three ring circus" at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., in 2001."

http://www.martiansgohome.com/smear/v50/ss030310.htm

Now I would appreciate anyones thoughts on this.

I found the NPC address to be utterly convincing except those people who claimed the Black Opps people had alien spaceships with ET wondering all over US military bases.

What do people here think?

Which witnesses at the NPC do you think are not trustworthy?

Which witnesses at the NPC do you think are most trustworthy?

Why would someone who has clearly put in such an effort to bring so many credible witnesses together for the purpose of revealing the truth, then go and totally discredit themselves along with the witnesses by making outlandish claims (even if such claims are true)?

Do You think the Disclosure Project was infiltrated early on by disinformation agents?

Why is does there appear to be no record of Dr Greer and his Disclosure Project in the online archive of the NPC?

Home

Do you think Dr Greer is the victim of Psychotronic Weapon deployment?

Hi ozman

You raised a lot of questions. I only have opinions on some of them.

I worked in courts for three years when I was young. Even in my tender early twenties it soon became apparent which witnesses were lying when they were in the box. The witnesses produced by Dr Greer seem quite convincing to me, regardless of the nature of their claims.

On the other hand, if I were one of those witnesses, I would be seriously disappointed in what has been achieved. Each and every one of them must have had it in the back of their mind that they were betraying their country. Resolution of this inner dilemma could only be resolved by a hearing in Congress. Sadly, the 911 thing happened and nobody on Capital Hill was going to pursue this. The witnesses have therefore been abandoned.

Dr Greer, on the other hand, has bashed on regardless. He is now admitting on podcasts that it has been his aim since the early 1990s to inform the world of his oneness with the ETs and the universe. This implies that he was using the witnesses as a tool for his own gain (perhaps not financial gain, but whatever he sees as his gain). The witnesses have not only been abandoned, they have been betrayed, right from the beginning.

I would have very little respect for any ET that would zoom down to communicate with Dr Greer rather than simply broadcast to the planet in general.

Free energy seems like a good thing but it needs to be looked at closely before it can be judged as such. I suspect there are many pitfalls associated with it.

Finally, somebody, somewhere, is trying to disrupt what Dr Steven Greer is doing. When I download an mp3 radio program I edit it during the first time I listen to it. Any interview with Dr Greer, regardless of whatever station it is has serious interruption of the voice signal from Dr Greer's telephone. His signal is turned up and down and the voice is altered so that it sounds tinny. The fluctuating volume and the voice distortion make it almost unbearable for anyone to listen to. Only those listeners that really want to hear what is being said will persevere with the programme.

I don't know what the motives are for anybody to disrupt Dr Greer's communications. At present, he seems quite capable to making himself into something that cannot be listened to.

I don't think Greer makes any qualms about connecting dots possibly linking traditionally hardware-based UFO thinking, to psychological phenomena - and that's not so inconsistent with the road modern physicists seem to be heading down as well. The phenomena is broadly diverse and may not be adequately comprehended from a strictly technological viewpoint.

As far as the more cuckoo claims attributed to him, I've never heard him make such in the dozen or so interviews I've listened to over the years - nor is there anything like that at the Disclosure website (that I know of). If he thinks such outlandish statements might undermine the credibility of his effort why would he make them?

I don't know the full content/context of the examples you give, Ozman, but the "Smear" blurb did cover their six by including an "If this is true" qualifier. Sources aren't necessarily any more credible than their intended targets.

As far as "real" Congressional hearings go, why would they stop just because somebody staged an NPC "circus?" There's so much fringe kookiness attached to the UFO issue already, all they'd have to do is ignore it and let the mainstream media deal with the event.

Dennis

Questions for all

ozman said:
found this in Smear:

"Greer reached his peak of publicity in 2001, with a "Disclosure Project" held at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. There he brought forth a host of alleged witnesses regarding the "UFO Cover-Up". The consensus of opinion afterwards was that, though some of the speakers were very impressive, others definitely were not. No momentum was built for further revelations.

"On the other hand - The semi-mysterious John Alexander, till recently with NIES (National Institute of Discovery Science) claims that real Congressional hearings on UFOs were in the works until ufoologist Stephen Greer put on his "three ring circus" at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., in 2001."

I found the NPC address to be utterly convincing except those people who claimed the Black Opps people had alien spaceships with ET wondering all over US military bases.

Why would someone who has clearly put in such an effort to bring so many credible witnesses together for the purpose of revealing the truth, then go and totally discredit themselves along with the witnesses by making outlandish claims (even if such claims are true)?
Why is does there appear to be no record of Dr Greer and his Disclosure Project in the online archive of the NPC?
Home
Do you think Dr Greer is the victim of Psychotronic Weapon deployment?

I think that when the 9/11 attacks were implemented, some very 'special' people went around to Congressmembers and said, "We're going to war now." While they were there, they said, "Oh, by the way, ignore that Greer guy, you've got more 'important' things to do."

Listening to Stanton Freidman's interview, where he talks about Earth being the densest planet we know about, with lots of heavy useful metals like gold, I couldn't help thinking about the "Loose Change" video, and the missing gold at the WTC.....

Just a random thought, don't put much heed to it....

Hi everybody

Look, people, this guy Greer is a bulls------- of the highest order (sorry moderator, but this has to be said). He can't fool all of the people all of the time, so his BS is catching up with him. His final fling is this 'Forbidden Knowledge' book and he's trying everything he knows to sell a few copies of it. He's even had a poke at SETI in order to stir up some media interest (Art Bell really embarrassed himself by sucking on that one). If Greer's unsubstantiated claims are true then SETI is totally irrelevant and would surely not be worth a mention. But no, Greer needs publicity to sell what he's written (evidently, with his crayon, he says he doesn't know much about computers), so he attacks SETI. They are, of course, an easy target, Shostak and Tartar are definitely a bit cooky in their own right.

Meanwhile, he's trying to generate a few bucks by getting people to join him 'in the field'. I really don't want to know what they are all supposed to be getting up to when they are there. Let's just hope that it doesn't involve some weird kinky stuff involving the mutilation of Daisy the cow.

Greer should be ostracised. We should just forget about him and move on.

Woody

Since seti has basically said Greer is full of it and denied being part of a ET coverup, has Greer commented? Last I checked his site he hadn't. So far as I could tell. I'll check again after this post.

Greer does have some far out claims in which I have never seen him back up. I'm still waiting to see the reported vids of et craft he has. Surely that would be impressive, but for some reason, he never shows anyone seemingly. He wants info. out, yet holds back on profound evidence that would open many more people's eyes? Either he is the dumbest person on the planet (besides Bush) or his video clips suck big time, or he's lying. Hope it's not 2 or all of the above.

I guess I could have missed these under-shown vids. If so, and anyone knows where I can view them, let me know. Thanks.

I have to agree with the general tone of this thread that Mr. Greer is pretty much full of it. I really thought the interview with him was interesting, but there are points that were just not very believable. The SETI thing was another thing that I thought was pretty bad. I take this all back however, if we get some really really good evidence... but I don't see that happening. If the paracast has another interview with him, I fear it might turn into a "he who must not be named" scenario again... not so bad, but still not good.

meciar said:
I have to agree with the general tone of this thread that Mr. Greer is pretty much full of it. I really thought the interview with him was interesting, but there are points that were just not very believable. The SETI thing was another thing that I thought was pretty bad. I take this all back however, if we get some really really good evidence... but I don't see that happening. If the paracast has another interview with him, I fear it might turn into a "he who must not be named" scenario again... not so bad, but still not good.

Hi meciar

By his own admission, Greer unilaterally decided that he would become the ambassador for all humanity in the early 1990s. During the 1990s he appears to have been a party guest (court jester) at various dinner parties with a number of important people, events he refers to as ?briefings?.

He did achieve some success in gathering a number of ?witnesses? together in 2001. When looking at the video of the NPC event I have no doubt in my mind that the witnesses meant what they were saying. A top dog crash investigator from the FAA is a credible witness, each and every one of us that gets into an aircraft owes our safety to people like him. However, some of the witnesses, although looking credible to me, gave evidence that simply does not make sense.

Take Sgt Stone as an example. He claims he was on a Black Ops nuclear recovery team (or Broken Arrow squad). He says he was present at twelve alien recoveries between 1969 and 1989. He says that the recovery of ETs is rare, yet he says there are 57 varieties of ET (I wonder if they like tomato soup). A statistician will say you need a minimum of 57 shootings to get 57 varieties but this would require millions of ET species. If there are a hundred, or less, types of ET visiting us then it would require at least a hundred craft to be shot down before you would get 57 varieties.

To date, worldwide, there have only been 32 broken arrow events, many of which were not recoverable. How many broken arrow teams do you need?

Sgt Stone may look credible because he actually believes that what he is saying is helping the national security of his country. It's not his fault that the content of what he said was not worked out properly. I suspect that he is a disinformation agent that was deliberately given a very poor story (so it would be found out). It's probably the easiest infiltration ever done, he didn't even need a false legend.

Anyway, World Ambassador Greer has now realised that some of his ?evidence? is tainted, therefore, he himself is tainted. He is so arrogant that he simply didn't do his own homework. Personally, I do not believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, they just require sound evidence. Greer has not done the homework on his own claims and this taints everything he touches. He knows he is floundering and is desperately trying to make a buck before it all blows up in his face.

Sadly, his actions have tainted, by association, some very good evidence. That is the main reason why I disapprove of him. Another reason is his arrogance. He appointed himself as ambassador for the world.

Woody

I made my mind up about the SETI project a long time ago - it's a complete red herring and always has been. It's deliberately set up as the public 'searching for ET' project and it will never find anything that can't be easily explained away.

I haven't yet made my mind up about the Disclosure Project.

But, I am beginning to think that if Greer isn't sincere in his intentions then he could be like the 'Neo' character out of the Matrix movies - a 'pied piper', if you will - luring all the 'whistle blowers' out of the woodwork and holding them indefinitely 'in stasis' or until such time as they can be properly 'dealt with'. In the meantime, no real progress is made towards full disclosure.

I hope I'm wrong.

While I've got my cynical/paranoid head on, I'd also like to state that I've always had a sneaking suspicion that the Above Top Secret site is nothing more than a feedback arena for disinformation projects.

Jeez, this train of thought is depressing.... :(

I checked my link and it is no longer valid, so I am editing to update the link.

Here's a lot of Greer related "disclosure project" vids.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=disclosure+project

I just noticed, "theyfly" url listed by the vid, the first one. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think that is indication of who uploaded the vid. If so, funny, since what is said within the vids goes against, what BM and MH would have us believe.

Message me, if you don't know who I am refering to.

i thought this was a fairly lame interview. maybe i need to listen again, i must have missed some stuff.

boy he gets testee when you ask about money.

pixelsmith said:
i thought this was a fairly lame interview. maybe i need to listen again, i must have missed some stuff.

boy he gets testee when you ask about money.

That was, perhaps, the most telling part of the interview, and I suggest you listen to the comments in our interview with Jeff Ritzmann for some feelings on the matter.

pixelsmith said:
interesting review/take on greers book.

404 De pagina is niet gevonden

Am I reading that correctly that the book portrays Jim Dilettoso as a Black ops guy?? Holy christ thats insane if I'm reading that right. There's also mention of the "Carp Tape", which is the Guardian Case from Carp Ontario. I have a direct dub from Bob Oechsler's copy, which was the one that incuded the most footage. I was friends with Bob when that case came around...in short the Canadian MUFON found the case to be am outright hoax involving several people, including the main witness' son. Oechsler dropped from UFO research then and there. Now theyre claiming the person who shot the Carp footage was killed.

The madness never ends. You can bet your bippy you'll see more of this kinda thing happen, long forgotten hoaxes trotted out again and again.

Back