• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Steven Greer

Scully said:
I think those that find fault (and there are plenty here who find nothing BUT fault) with Dr. Greer have yet to come to the conclusion that the study of ufos is nothing more than that......a STUDY. Going back to the life of Christ as a perfect example, helps to prove my point. We know to some extent his beliefs and teachings were right, and there is a whole religion or BELIEF system that has formed around his image and lifetime, but there is still NO proof that he ever existed.

Other than eye-witness accounts, supposed miracles and maybe an image on a cloth. Even I have seen him once as a child in a vision, but does that make him REAL? I've seen a ufo up close and personal as well, but does that make them REAL? I believe that both exist, as a living CONCEPT, and yet I have no PROOF.

For all of you other who are mean-spirited in finding fault with Steven Greer, I ask you all to go to that mirror and look deeply within. Perhaps you find fault with a man who doesn't HAVE all the answers, and you want them on a platter. If only it were that simple. And today is a perfect example of my thinking, because it is Christmas with all the family get-togethers, gifts, food, warmth and laughter. It is a special time, a celebration. And all of you who would deny the existence of ufos or the life of Christ, please go back to that mirror and the inner workings of your heart and find the answer there.

You're joking, right? I mean, honestly - you're kidding?

The one thing that Dr. Greer is pretty clear about is that he does have all the answers. He should, after all, being in direct contact with our alien pals. He has so many of the answers, in fact, that he winds up fighting not just with skeptics, or more respectable UFO researchers, but his fellow-travellers in exopolitical looney-ville.

That's not being mean-spirited, that's seeing Greer for who he really is.

I think, instead of telling others to look in the mirror, perhaps you would be well-served to look at all the facts on the table about Dr. Greer, which shine the flashlight where it should be shone - at him, and not in the skies above.

Paul

To some degree, I don't DISAGREE with you, because he claims to have all the answers. He considers himself an "expert". But I know many other researchers at the top in their fields, and a lot of them believe that only THEY know the truth
Some may, or may not be as dominant or as outspoken as he is, but a few I know are vicious in their contempt for other researchers. As a matter of fact, the past ten years of ufo research has been corrupted by the unending bickering and name-calling within the ufo community itself. It's been a circus.
I'm sick of it.

And, seeing as I know many of these researchers, and do not take sides with any of them; I try and ignore their (all too human) faults. UFO research truly is the ultimate "unknown", and the study has turned crass and ugly. It is that whole issue I try and play down, for the sake of the individuals involved.

I realize many here have little good to say about Greer, and I found one post that accused him of everything in the book and I realize that it's not an observation; but someone being just as dominant and outspoken to be heard above the crowd.
You can find fault with his research and his presentation, but you forget the massive amount of information he compiled and presented to the public, all from his own desire and drive.
His own experiences propelled him to DO what he HAS DONE.

I would have to re-read all your posts again to find out what your REAL beef with him is. I know him as a person. He is genuine. He may have complexes. the more complex a person is.....the more complexes he may have!

Can someone get Dr. Greer on these boards to discuss this? I think that would help out a lot with the topic. My views on him are this…

I think he has gotten some real important data out there about the UFO phenomenon. I agree that C-SETI is not only questionable but seems like a charlatan adventure. I don’t like that he has used this but also, quite frankly, I don’t care either. If he uses this unpopular way to generate funds to get the truth out then I don’t care that he gets idiots to pay thousands of dollars to point flashlights to the sky and spends that money on the “truth” then it is ok to me. This isn’t Billy Mier, it isn’t a conartist who used the UFO field to just make money or feed some cult. If (and I don’t know if he does put the money back into the research so I say if) he does put the money right into getting all this great data out then great. If he is a pure charlatan then of course ring him up to dry. I don’t agree with these actions but I won’t like and give a “PC” reply either because I think this is too important of a topic to humanity. Money means nothing, and the truth means everything.

paulkimball said:
He has so many of the answers, in fact, that he winds up fighting not just with skeptics, or more respectable UFO researchers, but his fellow-travellers in exopolitical looney-ville.
That's not being mean-spirited, that's seeing Greer for who he really is.

Paul

Hmmmm,
That IS being mean-spirited. But at least you sign your name to it.
And while you were at it, you seemed to lump me in with all those others in "exopolitical looneyville. At least that's how I take it. You speak of other "respectable researchers", and there are a lot of them out there, but they are less dramatic and not as outspoken as Greer.
Hmmmm.
So why are you in ufo research again?:eek:
Oh, I know...so you can take swipes at those you don't like.
Is this another political forum?
Maybe I missed something?

I have been to a CSETI training.

And some of you people simply seem too angry and blind to to your anger that you can't slow down enough to reflect. As if you were hell bent on trashing something or someone. Too bad, you must put yourself through the same meatgrinder when you are alone.

Sure you can cover up your aggression with some claim of "just telling the truth as it is", but you don't know the "TRUTH". Nobody does. That is God's place alone. And I'm not talking religious God...I'm talking about the Source of all things. And by the way, none of you created yourself...did you?

Are you really in a place to judge, to the point of slander and condemnation, a man and a retreat that you have never personally experienced? Seems quite arrogant and furious. But whether you decide to attempt to shred my post or not...I really don't care...but anyway, I do trust that the time will come in your evolution that instead of getting an adrenaline rush out of combating ideas you may begin to find your bitter, know-it-all ways to be too exhausting...at that time, I think you will find, as I do...some quiet signs pointing to mystery which overlays all things. In this place the Truth about people, retreats, ETs, and life itself becomes less important than love, politeness, and a generally softer approach.

But please, go ahead and work out the man-handling and slamming, it is better done here, in a cyber world, than beating up your wife or trashing your own wrists. And you can appear, at least to yourself, to be righteous and impenatrable.

I actually found Dr. Greer to have a myriad of qualities. Probably just like I would find in the people of the aggressive voices in here. There were things that I questioned about Dr. Greer, and still do...and many things I found very caring, thoughtful and inspiring - as well as things which rung true for me.

We did see some anomolous activity during my retreat. But that would just be fuel for your bickering if I were to go into it. I think it is more of a thrill for you to bash than it would be to experience an "oh, that's interesting..."-sort of moment at this point in your life.

I guarantee you bashers out there that you definitely don't know enough about Dr. Greer or his message and experience to be so cavalier and shortsighted. I don't know maybe some of you haven't tried to disclose the ET reality yourself...or have you, cuz I haven't come across disclosure myself...did I miss something?

Oh, and as a retreat participant, I do understand the need for non-disclosure agreements and releases. But I won't bother to explain it here. I just feel qualified to have a differing opinion given I actually put my money on the line to find out myself...without just throwing around accusing opinions.

I suggest you go to Dr. Greer yourself at a training and challenge him and then explain to him why you should have a refund. You might actually find that he is a fund of knowledge from personal experience and you might actually find him to be an important player, quite courageous, and interesting and loving.

But it takes all kinds. So good luck Devil's Advocates! Enjoy your ride...we all end up back in the same point in the end....I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Peace (and a little joy),

Signed,
Somebody who will never read your response.

PS. I'll be sending you all love...God willing.

klunejor,

I'm really baffled by the level of your defensiveness, very odd. Why even post on here, if you're not interested in feedback?

We've had Dr. Greer on the show twice now, and were totally respectful to him, as well as giving him ample chance to explain his position on the Disclosure Project and CSETI. He was never attacked, IMO, and I think we asked him thoughtful questions and kept the discussion rational and reasonable.

The fact that you state that you are not interested in reading any responses to your post, as well as the idea that an NDA is somehow useful or productive for a CSETI encounter, well, it's sad that you feel that none of us are interested in understanding this situation, or that secrecy and muzzling of voices is a good thing, in regards to getting to the bottom of the validity of Dr. Greer's claims. I for one have not engaged in ANY Greer bashing, and would love to know about any truly paranormal things you witnessed during the training. Saw some lights in the sky? Had a strong personal insight? See a structured craft respond to your thoughts, come down and attempt direct communication? The first two mean little to the objective study of this situation, the third would be definitive in it's importance and relevance. I offered to attend one of the training sessions and bring some decent video gear, to document a genuine encounter. Dr. Greer never followed up with me.

Just tossing out a post like yours, with a condescending tone and invocation of God, is disingenuous at best.

I get no "adrenaline rush" from mindless conflict, and I have no specific positions to guard - I'm truly interested in understanding the things I've personally seen and witnessed. When I'm told that this understanding is beyond my intellectual or spiritual abilities, I just have to laugh. If you believe in the unity of the creative force behind the Universe, is it such a leap to think that we are meant to understand these things, to learn from them? Do they not happen for a reason? Am I to believe that one specific person holds all the answers, that "the TRUTH" is only known to a single individual or group? Nonsense. Understanding is there for those who apply themselves with integitry and honesty, the Universe wants to be understood, for in revealing itself to us, I believe that it completes a purpose, that it gets closer to itself. No proof for any of this, just my own intuition and perceptions of a lifetime of experience.

I am continually bemused and disgusted by the levels of venom I'm encountering in the UFO field, the fragile egos and ridiculous politics, that all conspire to keep us far from understanding and clarity. A sad situation.

And by all means, send us all the love you can, that's one thing none of us can get enough of, ever.

dB

David Biedny said:
klunejor,

I'm really baffled by the level of your defensiveness, very odd. Why even post on here, if you're not interested in feedback?

We've had Dr. Greer on the show twice now, and were totally respectful to him, as well as giving him ample chance to explain his position on the Disclosure Project and CSETI. He was never attacked, IMO, and I think we asked him thoughtful questions and kept the discussion rational and reasonable.

The fact that you state that you are not interested in reading any responses to your post, as well as the idea that an NDA is somehow useful or productive for a CSETI encounter, well, it's sad that you feel that none of us are interested in understanding this situation, or that secrecy and muzzling of voices is a good thing, in regards to getting to the bottom of the validity of Dr. Greer's claims. I for one have not engaged in ANY Greer bashing, and would love to know about any truly paranormal things you witnessed during the training.

Just tossing out a post like yours, with a condescending tone and invocation of God, is disingenuous at best.

dB

My concern about all this is the NDA issue. What is there about these sessions that requires a pledge that you won't tell what happened afterwards? Certainly if Greer wants to get the truth out about UFOs, and something really strange occurs at one of these sessions, he will have lots and lots of witnesses ready to tell.

But that's not happening, and I really hope that someone out there will decide the NDA is something not enforceable and tell us what's really going on.

Scully said:
I can understand your thinking; but you probably don't know how "ufos" work.
You can believe that they are physical extraterrestial craft piloted by real aliens, or you might be of the school of thought, that they are multi-dimensional time machines responding to your consciousness stream.
Either way, you have no control.

"Don't know how ufos work"? Of COURSE we don't know how ufo's work, otherwise they wouldn't be "U"fos would they? The point is none of us are claiming we DO know how ufos work, what they are or how they are controlled. Dr. Greer however IS making that claim, insomuch as he can direct them to appear and demonstrate their reality in an incotrovertible way.

The onus is not upon us to prove these claims are false, it's upon Dr. Greer to prove they are true.

I had, at one time, entertained the idea of joining one of Dr. Greer's expeditions should I ever find myself in a position to be able to afford to but klunejor's "testimonial" has pretty much soured what little of that idea remained. "Conciousness training" indeed...

CapnG said:
"Don't know how ufos work"? Of COURSE we don't know how ufo's work, otherwise they wouldn't be "U"fos would they? The point is none of us are claiming we DO know how ufos work, what they are or how they are controlled. Dr. Greer however IS making that claim, insomuch as he can direct them to appear and demonstrate their reality in an incotrovertible way.

The onus is not upon us to prove these claims are false, it's upon Dr. Greer to prove they are true.

I had, at one time, entertained the idea of joining one of Dr. Greer's expeditions should I ever find myself in a position to be able to afford to but klunejor's "testimonial" has pretty much soured what little of that idea remained. "Conciousness training" indeed...

"Consciousness training" indeed CapnG... And the thing is, Dr. Greer is not the only approach to the consciousness training he's talking about, which from what I gather is remote viewing. I don't know if he's ever mentioned here, but a sociologist named Dr. Courtney Brown has done extensive work in the field of Scientific Remote Viewing (SRV), and has written two books about his experiences with SRV that involve numerous UFO and ET contacts.

Not only that, but he formed The Farsight Institute in Virginia, and has uploaded a whole do-it-yourself course on SRV for people to download for free. Now, he also says that to get to a truly sophisticated level of proficiency, an instructor is needed from Farsight. But the basics of consciousness training are already there, and they cost nothing.

I wonder if Paracast would ever ask Dr. Brown to the show at some point to discuss SRV and his ET contact experience. I think it would be truly enlightening, and could help keep the Remote Viewing movement going forward.

Scully said:
Hmmmm,
That IS being mean-spirited. But at least you sign your name to it.

Of course, because I have nothing to hide. And if calling a guy on:

a) being a huckster;

b) undermining serious UFO research;

c) tainting the good witness pool with bad witnesses;

d) charging people $800 to wander about with flashlights looking to beam aliens down;

e) using other people's work and claiming it as your own; and

f) and confusing the UFO phenomenon with completely unproven ideas like free energy, further muddying the waters...

is being mean-spirited, then I guess I'm mean-spirited. Believe me when I say that I wear that appellation as a badge of honour in this case.

Scully said:
And while you were at it, you seemed to lump me in with all those others in "exopolitical looneyville.
"Exopolitical looneyville" refers to their methodology, or lack thereof, and their propensity to take advantage of other, well-meaning people. There is a difference, which I have made clear elsewhere.

Scully said:
You speak of other "respectable researchers", and there are a lot of them out there, but they are less dramatic and not as outspoken as Greer.
Which is a good thing, considering where Greer's outspokenness has gotten him, and what it has meant for serious research into the UFO phenomenon.

Scully said:
So why are you in ufo research again?
Because mysteries interest me. What I don't di is use it as a substitute belief system.

Scully said:
Maybe I missed something?
You said it, not me. ;-)

Paul

Scully said:
To some degree, I don't DISAGREE with you, because he claims to have all the answers. He considers himself an "expert". But I know many other researchers at the top in their fields, and a lot of them believe that only THEY know the truth
Some may, or may not be as dominant or as outspoken as he is, but a few I know are vicious in their contempt for other researchers. As a matter of fact, the past ten years of ufo research has been corrupted by the unending bickering and name-calling within the ufo community itself. It's been a circus.
I'm sick of it.

I concur, when it's ad hominem attacks. However, questioning a person's bona fides, or theories, is not only acceptable, it's required. And if a person comes across as a huckster, then he or she gets what they deserve.

Scully said:
I realize many here have little good to say about Greer, and I found one post that accused him of everything in the book and I realize that it's not an observation; but someone being just as dominant and outspoken to be heard above the crowd.

Uh huh. Sure. That's what it is - all of Greer's critics are just jealous. Why didn't I see it before?

I've got news for you - the "crowd" that Greer speaks to is pretty small.

Scully said:
You can find fault with his research and his presentation, but you forget the massive amount of information he compiled and presented to the public, all from his own desire and drive.
His own experiences propelled him to DO what he HAS DONE.

That's one, generous interpretation.

Scully said:
I would have to re-read all your posts again to find out what your REAL beef with him is. I know him as a person. He is genuine. He may have complexes. the more complex a person is.....the more complexes he may have!

Then we agree to disagree, because to me Greer is no different than all of the other hucksters who have come down the ufological pike over the years, and there are a myriad of them - from Silas Newton and George Adamski to Billy Meier and Steven Greer.

If folks can't spot the similarities, that's their problem, not mine. I don't apologize for trying to point them out, because there's a lot of good people who deserve to be heard, and people like Greer just get in the way.

Paul

Continuing to go back and forth about Greer is about as productive as going back and forth about Meier, which is to say that it isn't. Accordingly, having made my points, here and elsewhere (you can look it up on my blog if you're so inclined), for good or ill (depending on your perspective), I'll bow out of the Greer debate.

Best regards,
Paul

This is all very strange. At first I had the most utmost respect for Greer. I still do but I'm much more cautious in my view of him.

What do you guys think, his personality seems to have changed to a more reckless approach. Or is it that we are seeing his true self?

Is the pressure getting to him (I can see why it could be). Is he protecting the evidence because he knows it is so important. Either way I wish him the best, and if hes been de-railed along his path, I sincerely hope he is able to get back on it.

ya know its weird. I saw footage of a CSETI (I think it was CSETI) session back in the 90's. It was a whole group of people on a hilltop at night using multi colored lasers. They would start shooting these lasers into the sky and after a little while "New bright stars" would appear. They would then shoot a red laser into the sky, and the star would blink red. They did this with all different colors of lasers. The objects were definitely moving from one place to another.

Does anyone know if this was CSETI or some other organization?

Well,

at last I cut some time to read the entire thread about Dr. Steven Greer interview but I could only read couple pages and that's it, I'm done. Oh boy, when I heard about Greer several months ago at one of the Paracast shows I went to watch Greer's video on Google Video and I can tell you I'm still under impression from what I've seen and I was impressed by the whole idea of what Greeg has been doing all these years. But now I read different people comments about his work and as you may guess it gives a ground for many doubts about Greer's credibility.

But you know what? I try to imagine what kind of person a UFO researcher (the one which claims he has proofs of the real nature of UFO phenomena) has to be so people believe him? WHAT KIND?

1. He has to be wealthy, right? So he can do a research Without selling books, DVDs, etc. to rise funds on organizing meetings, forums and any other related activities and to eliminate any chances that a person just tries to earn some bucks.

2. He has to be intelligent and well educated. Otherwise how he can tells anything about physics of the UFO phenomena if he has nothing about physics at all'

3. Even if he has reeeeeeeeeealy hard evidence - all the same he has to present it like 'I think, I assume...etc' as the greatest invention of a Mother Nature - debunkers will never leave this planet and there is no way you can make them to see that any given particular fact is fact but not fiction.

4. And sure he has to be an alien himself:) as he will has to broadcast his knowledge into people brains directly. As broadcasting by TV, Radio or Internet won't be legitimate enough to make people understand what he tells.

I'm not sure if Steve Jobs is an alien (only aliens could create the Iphone:))) but for me he is the only one who is close enough to my description.

Artyom said:
1. He has to be wealthy, right?

Um, no, his financial status is immaterial. It's a matter of HOW MUCH he's charging and for WHAT. I'm more inclined to be open to the testimony of a guy charging me $20 for a book filled with well documented references than a guy who wants me to dole out $800 to wander around the desert at night with a flashlight based on his say-so alone.

Artyom said:
2. He has to be intelligent and well educated. Otherwise how he can tells anything about physics of the UFO phenomena if he has nothing about physics at all'

Well it's preferable if he's not a moron but anyone with a basic grasp of physics who's reasonably intelligent is fine. So long as he's actually using real words and not technobabble or sci-fi gobbledegook in his explanations, hoping to pass it off as real science.

Artyom said:
3. Even if he has reeeeeeeeeealy hard evidence - all the same he has to present it like 'I think, I assume...etc' as the greatest invention of a Mother Nature - debunkers will never leave this planet and there is no way you can make them to see that any given particular fact is fact but not fiction.

If he has hard evidence he has to submit it to testing, multiple times by multiple sources. If the results are inconclusive, repreated testing must continue until a conclusion is reached.

Artyom said:
4. And sure he has to be an alien himself:) as he will has to broadcast his knowledge into people brains directly. As broadcasting by TV, Radio or Internet won't be legitimate enough to make people understand what he tells.

Well that would certainly be something but I won't hold my breath.

It's simple; the more outrageous your claims, the greater upon you is the burden of proof.

I first thought Stephen Greer was dishonest or there just was something wrong with the Disclosure Project when he said on 'the other radio show' that he had more documents and ufo footage but didnt release them because: "It's too much for the public to consume."

I thought that statement was just plain ridiculous for him to say, it sounds just like something the government would say.

What other UFO footage has he released? I really am unaware of anything aside from what was shown in the Disclosure Project video tape, which is nothing new.

He always comes out with claims as if they are facts, but they still remain unproven.

Why hasnt he even shown one new video of a UFO from one of his retreats?

Maybe his financial situation isnt as good as people might think. He always mentions himself as this modest ER doctor giving up everything to pursue the disclosure project. Almost the same way as 'that other guy' mentions that little one armed farmer.

I have an old Unsolved Mysteries UFO DVD set, and Greer appears in one of the segments in another capacity than the Disclosure Project and CSETI. Was he involved in this field the entire time even before the Disclosure Project?

At the same time the many of those witnesses in the Disclosure Project were really convincing and came across as telling the truth, especially the nuclear silo witnesses. Its a shame that one person can taint the entire thing.

Greer was born in my home town, Charlotte NC I think. I heard he is no longer a practicing doctor. Is this incorrect? I actually think I heard this from him. Perhaps my memory doesn't serve. I nosed around the net briefly but couldn't find out if he is still practicing or not.

Wikipedia.com has some good references on Greer. Paracast is listed:)

Wish I had a transcript of the Larry King special he was on many years ago. The live Area 51 special. There's a part on there that's pretty funny where he says, "No comment" on the question of what the president knows about ufos. Stanton Friedman says, "That was a mysterious answer".

Greer mentions vectoring in ET craft and how he thinks some of his people gave Larry some video footage of it. Larry said nothing to confirm or deny this.

Morrison ask what's wrong with you all for not talking about the witnesses... Well, many have, throughout the forums here. Funny. When you talk about the good, someone wants to mention the bad and vice versa. All in due time. Only so much can be said and dealt with in one sitting.

I've never seen any indication Greer is rich, so I don't conclude he is.

Back