• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Some odd's Some end's

Free episodes:

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Most of you know my beloved wife Vicki and I are working on our UFO book, and you know cause I told ya. So, today she came in carrying a big box of photos and told me to "go through these and pick out some!" Okay, no sweat. Now if you are not sure how could I go through a box of photos ... well since they are all digital on your smart phone ... listen up!

"Back in the day", like in the 80's and 90's ... yeah some of us did have cell phones. Matter of fact I still have my very first one ... a Radio Shack brick phone! Damn thing weighed POUNDS, no way in hell you could shove it in your pocket ... carried the damn thing with a strap ... and it did not take pictures, did not get you on the net', most people didn't even know what the net' was! In my case I talked on my cell phone to the tune of about $1.65 or so a minute! (You kept your chatting real fricken short!) You took photo's with a 35 MM camera. Then you took them to a photo shop and got them printed out. Now, me and the Mrs. were doing UFO Magazine then. You know, back when UFO Magazine actually did stories on the UFO topic, interviewed UFO folks, Govt. folks, reported on cases, showed pictures, reported on UFO television fare, all that kinda shit. Me? Well I was the designated Director of Research for UFO Magazine, and believe it or not ... I actually researched stuff. We met with astronauts, talked to the Air Force, talked to UFO witnesses, talked to government Congress people, Senator's, we talked to aero-space folks ... all the shit that the current UFO Magzine seems to have forgotten to do. Well, when they are publishing anyway. (Shoot, are they? Publishing I mean?) Anyway, so since I was the Director of Research I also got to do much of the photography. And that means we got lots of pictures, neat pictures and today I scanned some. Now, since this is my Home away from home ... I thought I would share some with you all. First up ... here is a photo with Vicki and Colonel Gordon Cooper when we spent a lovely afternoon with him interviewing him about his then new book. More to follow in additional notes ....

Vicki-ColCooper.jpg

ThomasGonzales.jpg Now, here is the photo of former Sgt. Thomas Gonzales, an Army Air Corp veteran that Dwight Schultz and I bumped into while we were in Roswell. Mr. Gonzales was there because ... ah hell it is a really long story and I do not have time to go into it now but did mention it on one of my Paracast appearances .... but here he is, his family, Vicki and Dwight. I took the picture ... however I will say this much ... he told us he was one of the airmen sent out to clean up the debris field in the aftermath of the Roswell incident.

Last edited:
Here is a photo of Lt. Col. Phil Corso in Roswell on the 4th of July during that famous or one of those famous interviews.

ColPhilCorso.jpg

Vicki and I met up with Lloyd Pye when we interviewed him about the "Starchild" skulls. Here I am with them and one of just of the skulls.

StarChildskull.jpg

skulls.jpg

Last edited:
In all the years we did UFO Magazine, I would have to say the next one is my most memorable evenings. Zecharia Sitchen was going to be in Las Vegas to give a talk somewhere and Gene Huff and Bob Lazar called me up. They knew I was friends with Stichen and his wife and asked me if I could arrange a meeting. George Knapp got involved and we ended up setting up a dinner at a dynamite Italian restaurant. Here are the following people in the photo. Starting bottom left, George Knapp, Dwight Schultz, Lynne Russo (can't see her but she was Dwight and my business manager) Gene Huff, Lazar, Lazar's girlfriend, Rena Sitchen, Zecharia, my empty chair since I took the photo and Vicki. A real killer evening!

SitchenDinnerParty.jpg

Last edited:
When Tracy Torme's movie Fire In The Sky came out ... I was chosen to take a group of British contest winners (all about the movie) down to Snowflake Az. to the site of the Walton abduction. Here we all are. Oh yea, one of the winners was some kind of City Council guy who had a fondness for Irish Whiskey. That night I helped him put a hole in it!

FireInSkywinners02.jpg

Yeah, I was taking the damned picture!

When Paul Davids was making the Roswell movie, we covered that in UFO. We even went on set a few times to get some inside shots. Here are two photos of that time period. First up, Paul at our office in Sunland, CA.

PaulDavids@UFOMag.jpg

Here is a photo of Paul with Martin Sheen and Kyle McLachlan on the Roswell set. Sheen was the govt. spook guy, McLachlan was Jesse Marcel.

RoswellMovie-01.jpg

ThomasGonzales.jpg Now, here is the photo of former Sgt. Thomas Gonzales, an Army Air Corp veteran that Dwight Schultz and I bumped into while we were in Roswell. Mr. Gonzales was there because ... ah hell it is a really long story and I do not have time to go into it now but did mention it on one of my Paracast appearances .... but here he is, his family, Vicki and Dwight. I took the picture ... however I will say this much ... he told us he was one of the airmen sent out to clean up the debris field in the aftermath of the Roswell incident.

Don, do you have the photo of "the rock" sat on top of his TV?

Don, do you have the photo of "the rock" sat on top of his TV?

No SLVA I do not. I saw the photo shown to me by one of Mr. Gonzales sons. If I recall it was a Christmas photo showing their Christmas tree, the television and the "rock" sitting on the top of the TV. As you may recall when Vicki, Dwight Schultz and I traveled down there it was to mainly see the "rock." We had plans for it .. oh boy did we have plans. But as it turned out we never did get to see it.

Decker

In all the years we did UFO Magazine, I would have to say the next one is my most memorable evenings. Zecharia Sitchen was going to be in Las Vegas to give a talk somewhere and Gene Huff and Bob Lazar called me up. They knew I was friends with Stichen and his wife and asked me if I could arrange a meeting. George Knapp got involved and we ended up setting up a dinner at a dynamite Italian restaurant. Here are the following people in the photo. Starting bottom left, George Knapp, Dwight Schultz, Lynne Russo (can't see her but she was Dwight and my business manager) Gene Huff, Lazar, Lazar's girlfriend, Rena Sitchen, Zecharia, my empty chair since I took the photo and Vicki. A real killer evening!

SitchenDinnerParty.jpg

wow talk about a historic UFO photo Don. That right there is UFO Magazine & UFO's Tonite! to me. What a cast of characters.

Great pics, Don! Really looking forward to you and Vicki sharing more photos along with some of your experiences. Would really like to hear more of the Thomas Gonzales story...

Several years ago I met up with Dean Haglund at a Starbucks in Burbank. I was having him on my radio show. Here is a photo I took of him. Remember him? He played one of the Loan Gunmen on X Files.

DeanHaglund01.jpg

Not to be a pendant Don, but you mean 'Lone' gunmen, not 'Loan' gunmen - unless they had a check-cashing sideline to pay for all their hardware!:p

Yeah, whatever.

(now that I think about it ... was I asking for a LOAN? Hmmm....)

Last edited:
Back