• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sleep Paralysis question...

Why let someone think it's paranormal when it isn't? It's an actual, proven sleep disorder that was responsible for the reports of the incubus and succubus. Why be part of a forum when you can't comment on something though?
It's something that is a certainty, so I felt like I was justified in saying something.

Just to play Devil's advocate here... You're talking about the physicality of the phenemenon, and that has nothing to say about what is happening in the consciousness of the person. That's a whole nother can of worms. It's the whole Connectivism argument in philosophy.

Have you ever read the Yogis talking about Dream Yoga? Not that I buy into it, but it's the so-called spiritual science behind what we Westerners refer to as Sleep Paralysis, in some cases, and Lucid Dreaming in others. Long story short, we humans (as they suggest) gain access to the Astral plane through sleep. Of course, if you believe we are Meatbots, this little exercise is all in vain.

Just to play Devil's advocate here... You're talking about the physicality of the phenemenon, and that has nothing to say about what is happening in the consciousness of the person. That's a whole nother can of worms. It's the whole Connectivism argument in philosophy.

Have you ever read the Yogis talking about Dream Yoga? Not that I buy into it, but it's the so-called spiritual science behind what we Westerners refer to as Sleep Paralysis, in some cases, and Lucid Dreaming in others. Long story short, we humans (as they suggest) gain access to the Astral plane through sleep. Of course, if you believe we are Meatbots, this little exercise is all in vain.

Dreams are really interesting, but I don't think we're accessing any sort of other-wordly plane. I've experienced both sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming, and I can see why some people would think that there's something paranormal. There isn't, but if one is open to believing that stuff, it can make it more interesting.

Dreams are really interesting, but I don't think we're accessing any sort of other-wordly plane. I've experienced both sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming, and I can see why some people would think that there's something paranormal. There isn't, but if one is open to believing that stuff, it can make it more interesting.

It must be nice to live ones life in the realm of absolutes. Decidedly less interesting, but nice.

It must be nice to live ones life in the realm of absolutes. Decidedly less interesting, but nice.

Nothing is absolute. I am a happy person though.
Also, please explain how my life is less interesting than yours. Just because I don't believe in "paranormal" things, it doesn't mean I'm a boring, stuffy bastard. However, one's personality is extremely difficult to get across on an internet forum.

Nothing is absolute. I am a happy person though.
Also, please explain how my life is less interesting than yours. Just because I don't believe in "paranormal" things, it doesn't mean I'm a boring, stuffy bastard. However, one's personality is extremely difficult to get across on an internet forum.

Point taken - I wasn't attempting an assault on your character. You seem plenty interesting to me. I was just responding to your statement:

There isn't, but if one is open to believing that stuff, it can make it more interesting..

A bit OT but I didn't want to start a new thread about this. 2 years ago I was told by an acquaintance that the ringing in my ears (Tinnitus from years of operating heavy equipment) was important data and cranial upgrades being downloaded from "star people" and that I am an Ascended Master. I was told that I am going to be a great leader when the final event happens and the Elders return to Earth. She notified her contacts that she found the "chosen one" and I spent the next year asking theses loony people to stop contacting me about it. Apparently I am now a "fallen" Master and will be one of the first to be eliminated.

Wow! That is fascinating! Gene, you need to interview pixelsmith on the show!

A bit OT but I didn't want to start a new thread about this.

2 years ago I was told by an acquaintance that the ringing in my ears (Tinnitus from years of operating heavy equipment) was important data and cranial upgrades being downloaded from "star people" and that I am an Ascended Master. I was told that I am going to be a great leader when the final event happens and the Elders return to Earth. She notified her contacts that she found the "chosen one" and I spent the next year asking theses loony people to stop contacting me about it. Apparently I am now a "fallen" Master and will be one of the first to be eliminated.

I suggest you all be nice to me or I will have the "Galactic Federation of Light" goons probe you. ;)

Hmm, I've always wanted to meet an Ascended Master, but I would have to say I'm even more intrigued knowing that you're of the Fallen Master variety.

I've stumbled across material on this brand of thinking, however I find it fascinating that you had a real life encounter of the fleshly kind with this unique crossbreed of humanity. I would love to hear more about this episode.

Hmm, I've always wanted to meet an Ascended Master, but I would have to say I'm even more intrigued knowing that you're of the Fallen Master variety.

I've stumbled across material on this brand of thinking, however I find it fascinating that you had a real life encounter of the fleshly kind with this unique crossbreed of humanity. I would love to hear more about this episode.

Maureen the Light Worker is married to a friend of mine. She heard that I had broken my neck twice, was struck by lightning, buried alive, been thru 4 auto accidents that resulted in totaled vehicles, hospitalized with 106 temp, and numerous other near death experiences and she decided she better come visit me. She visited 3 times at about 3 hours each time. On the 3rd visit about half way thru the questioning I told her she was freaking me out and I thought she should maybe leave and not come back. She then asked if I would attend a Light Worker meeting with her because she was convinced I was this Ascended Master guy and was going to lead them all in the final days. I asked what I was going to lead them to and she said that was what they all wanted to know and that I had the answer inside my head. I indicated that she and her friends should seek professional help and that I was not the Nordic Ascended Master they were seeking. She persisted for another hour or so trying to convince me that my destiny was not mine to mess with and if I didn't lead them all I would be considered "Fallen" and I could expect the worst. I received numerous calls and emails from different members of this group who all basically said they understood my feelings and that I should open my heart and let them in. I remained polite for several months but finally let them know that I was NOT going to be nice anymore if they continued harassing me. So I then received mild threats and possible scenarios of my death when the Elders arrived. The harassment abruptly stopped one day and I have not heard from them again. I am still in contact with her husband on a weekly basis and once in awhile he says "Maureen says hi" so I guess she does not hold a grudge or is still thinking I will come thru for them all in the end of days here on Earth.
If you are interested in learning more about these types just subscribe to Dr Richard Boylans forum. This group is not from his flock but they are on the same page as him with the Light Worker crap.

Maureen the Light Worker is married to a friend of mine. She heard that I had broken my neck twice, was struck by lightning, buried alive, been thru 4 auto accidents that resulted in totaled vehicles, hospitalized with 106 temp, and numerous other near death experiences and she decided she better come visit me. She visited 3 times at about 3 hours each time. On the 3rd visit about half way thru the questioning I told her she was freaking me out and I thought she should maybe leave and not come back. She then asked if I would attend a Light Worker meeting with her because she was convinced I was this Ascended Master guy and was going to lead them all in the final days. I asked what I was going to lead them to and she said that was what they all wanted to know and that I had the answer inside my head. I indicated that she and her friends should seek professional help and that I was not the Nordic Ascended Master they were seeking. She persisted for another hour or so trying to convince me that my destiny was not mine to mess with and if I didn't lead them all I would be considered "Fallen" and I could expect the worst. I received numerous calls and emails from different members of this group who all basically said they understood my feelings and that I should open my heart and let them in. I remained polite for several months but finally let them know that I was NOT going to be nice anymore if they continued harassing me. So I then received mild threats and possible scenarios of my death when the Elders arrived. The harassment abruptly stopped one day and I have not heard from them again. I am still in contact with her husband on a weekly basis and once in awhile he says "Maureen says hi" so I guess she does not hold a grudge or is still thinking I will come thru for them all in the end of days here on Earth.
If you are interested in learning more about these types just subscribe to Dr Richard Boylans forum. This group is not from his flock but they are on the same page as him with the Light Worker crap.

It's interesting to me that somebody bearing the title of Light Worker could turn so carnivorous when dissapointed. "Accept your destiny, or go to hell," basically. Sounds like another ideology cross dressing as Christianity to me.

I indicated that she and her friends should seek professional help and that I was not the Nordic Ascended Master they were seeking.

Did you wave your hand? You have to wave your hand for that Jedi mind trick business to work. Also, was she trying to imply that Nordic Ascended Masters are accident prone?

Did you wave your hand? You have to wave your hand for that Jedi mind trick business to work. Also, was she trying to imply that Nordic Ascended Masters are accident prone?

Ha, yes, and in the case the Jedi hand wave fails... You go inverted on her ass, selling her on the idea that you were deep undercover and her baffoonery was doing unimaginable harm to the cause of the Galactic Light Federation. Further contact would lead to her demotion and demise, head placed firmly under the boot of the Unicorn Light Brigade.

sorry but i didnt think it worthy of a new thread. feel free to PM me if anyone wants to know the rest of the story.

Yes that is true Ron but words can also be used to brainwash others in preventing those who seek the truths? In addition, freedom of speech was gained by many who gave there lives for it so generations today can speak out against those who use words in name of hatred and racism which should not be tolerated.
Peace,
BF

I want to get your take on sleep paralysis and its link to possible outerbody expierances. Iv had , especially frequently, moments when i go to lay down next to my wife, and while i relax and doze off on my back, i can feel my body , entire body, like pins and needles.I then feel my vision rush through the sheets, and i can see, but very dimmed, like i squinted my eyes.its wierd because ive navigated through my apartment, and things seem dark, even though i usually leave my lights in the kitchen on. Iv got no clue if its my imagination, or what.Ive tried to focus on certain things, but my vision is poor during this expierance.And i kno im not physically walking around or else my wife wouldve dragged me down lol...have any of u had outerbody expierances? is my account similiar? Now the reason why i put this in the ghost section was because, ever since my wife saw a ghost of a child with a extra large shirt walking by her 3 years ago in our hallway,ive been having these issues on and off, and maybe its related??? idk, its just a feeling i have , hard to explain..

I've been dealing with sleep paralysis for a long time now although it is not related to any blatant ghostly experiences. I wake up paralyzed, sometimes feeling as if someone is grabbing my feet and pulling me out of bed. This experience is usually combined with either seeing one or two shadow people in my bedroom doorway and/or a floating orb moving towards my bed. I'm so used to it now that I turn on my light to make the experience go away once my paralysis wears off. The movement and shuffling I make in bed commonly awakens my wife.

I think the more people you talk to, the more you will realize how many different people this happens to. I had a friend in college who used to have "Old Hag" experiences (he'd wake up with an old nasty lady on his bed). Good luck in dealing with your experiences!

I want to get your take on sleep paralysis and its link to possible outerbody expierances. .... ever since my wife saw a ghost of a child with a extra large shirt walking by her 3 years ago in our hallway,ive been having these issues on and off, and maybe its related??? idk, its just a feeling i have , hard to explain..

A couple of questions/comments. Did the child your wife saw in any way resemble the son she was pregnant with at the time (features, hair color, etc) but at an older age? I think that time may not be linear as we think. It might be like a tape we can skip ahead on and I wonder if she got a glimpse of your son at say, age three, or something.
Next....I don't think sleep paralysis is connected with the paranormal altho people have tried to link the two since the Middle Ages or before (Incubus, Sucubus). I suspect that you have some sort of sensitivity-related ability or similar and that this odd feeling happens when you are over stressed or very tired. Do you see any connection to these happenings and events in life such as being tired or other factors? You could have "something" in your house thats causing these things but I would look for other things too. Can you keep a journal when it happens?

I want to get your take on sleep paralysis and its link to possible outerbody expierances. Iv had , especially frequently, moments when i go to lay down next to my wife, and while i relax and doze off on my back, i can feel my body , entire body, like pins and needles.I then feel my vision rush through the sheets, and i can see, but very dimmed

Astral projection and other OOBEs have never been scientifically proven, although many have tried. What seems to be happening is that the mind is a powerful pattern matching processor with the ability to conceptualize and visualize, not only existing memories, but to take parts of separate memories, and extrapolate them into complex new imagery. That is what happens in our dreams and when we use our imagination. This makes astral projection akin to lucid dreaming. As for the pins and needles sensation, I'd get a checkup. It could be some sort of blood pressure or health issue. Some people report these sensations when they're in the vicinity of high voltage power lines or microwave relay towers, but their is no hard science proving that power lines and microwave relay towers actually have these effects unless you get dangerously close. However there have been some rare cases where microwave relays have been aimed wrong and caused serious problems.

j.r.

Back