• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Show suggestion - Religious Miracles / Apparitions

desidragonfly

Skilled Investigator
This question is for Gene.

Have you ever done in the past a show that deals with religious oriented miracles and apparitions? If not, do you know a speaker that follows this sort of paranormal stuff that you could interview?

Examples: Medjugorie with Mother Mary appearing for decades or stories about Padre Pio or the stigmata of Little Audrey Santos (who I believe is dead now) and the many places around the world that have pilgrims flocking to see these religious oriented events.

My father was one of the pilgrims that went to former Yugoslavia for a glimpse of the Medjugorie apparitions.

There is a lot of controversy about it all whether these events are sincere or evil in origin.

I thought it would be a good topic for a show. I realize although that you get folks to interview that have just released books but there may be a person who studies on this subject who is promoting a book out there.

I think also a good person to have on the show would be David Icke. (totally different subject)

Good questions athough most are so old by now or the people passed on that the "myth" is hard to seperate from the reality. The "church" seems to me as an outsider to simply "pluck" those folks it wants to consider "saints" and pronouce it as gospel. But, I'm not Catholic so I'm not really well informed. Although I do like some of the Catholic Mystics and their writings. The other part pertaining to David Icke I have no real opinion on. I do know he causes a lot of controversy and has made some pretty outrageous claims. I bet ya get a lot of "stuff" shouted at ya over that one. :cool:

Is the goal of the Paracast supposed to separate myth from reality?? Is it supposed to just debunk everything not scientifically proven. I do hear Gene's devil's advocate approach style of interviewing at times. I think that style is just to cover all his ground.

. . or is it supposed to just simply present topics and people that call themselves experts on their topic so the viewer can make an informed decision on their own?

As far as David Icke goes, his theories and interviews with the big African guy are very interesting. A lot of it makes sense and is a great topic for the show if the Paracast is not about just disproving his opinions and theories. I personally think it fits right in.

As far as David Icke goes, his theories and interviews with the big African guy

I'm sorry. I don't know much about Icke. Who is the African guy? I have considered reading something he has written but he sure seems to be a lightening rod. Anyway, I'd be interested in a link or information.

As far as David Icke goes, his theories and interviews with the big African guy

I'm sorry. I don't know much about Icke. Who is the African guy? I have considered reading something he has written but he sure seems to be a lightening rod. Anyway, I'd be interested in a link or information.

Well, I have looked into Icke and his schtick , and he is not working with a full deck of cards. David Icke just makes things up, or if he believes it, then he should seek medical attention.

Well, I have looked into Icke and his schtick , and he is not working with a full deck of cards. David Icke just makes things up, or if he believes it, then he should seek medical attention.

No offense Angelo, but why are you on this forum I wonder at times? The whole topic of paranormal, UFO's, Apparitions and such do not seem in line with your thinking. I notice your devil's advocate approach on most posts. I just wonder why someone who does not appear to believe much in the paranormal would waste their time on this forum. This whole site is based on abstract thought concepts with no proof.

You say that David Icke is not working with a full deck but he is not the person that invented the reptilian agenda. It has been documented in ancient writings for thousands of years. There are many people who have nothing to do with Icke that believe in the reptilian alien race (like the dulce base topic).

I almost think that you are being paid to be on this site and debunk most thoughts on the paranormal. It gets exhausting because this is supposed to be a site to freely engage in topics of the unknown. Like I said prior, (no disrespect intended) if you do not believe in most of these topics then why are you here? This is not the place for "in the box" thinking.

No offense Angelo, but why are you on this forum I wonder at times? The whole topic of paranormal, UFO's, Apparitions and such do not seem in line with your thinking. I notice your devil's advocate approach on most posts. I just wonder why someone who does not appear to believe much in the paranormal would waste their time on this forum. This whole site is based on abstract thought concepts with no proof.

You say that David Icke is not working with a full deck but he is not the person that invented the reptilian agenda. It has been documented in ancient writings for thousands of years. There are many people who have nothing to do with Icke that believe in the reptilian alien race (like the dulce base topic).

I almost think that you are being paid to be on this site and debunk most thoughts on the paranormal. It gets exhausting because this is supposed to be a site to freely engage in topics of the unknown. Like I said prior, (no disrespect intended) if you do not believe in most of these topics then why are you here? This is not the place for "in the box" thinking.

I'm here because I find the topic interesting. You'll also find that most of the longtime posters here will think that David Icke is full of it.

No offense Angelo, but why are you on this forum I wonder at times? ....

This kind of post just really gets me. I guess to participate in this or any other paranormal forum you're supposed to check your brain at the door Angelo.

Also, the idea that these forum moderators get paid is absurd to say the least. Yes, these subjects are so important that someone must be paid to debunk them! Now that is absolutely silly.

This kind of post just really gets me. I guess to participate in this or any other paranormal forum you're supposed to check your brain at the door Angelo.

Also, the idea that these forum moderators get paid is absurd to say the least. Yes, these subjects are so important that someone must be paid to debunk them! Now that is absolutely silly.

You got me on that one. It was a silly comment and I really do not think he was paid to debunk.

I just wonder why a moderator would be mostly a "nonbeliever" of the paranormal in this particular forum. I realize there always has to be a devil's advocate but "good grief".

My question is for Angelo, what do you believe in? Are any of the topics aliens, remote viewing, energy manipulation (like magic), crystal skulls, etc. I already saw you do not believe in ghosts. Maybe you can just clear the air.

My second question is , what is a moderator's tasks? How did you get that designation? I am just curious.

Wikipedia definition of :
Paranormal is a general term (coined ca. 1915–1920[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#cite_note-dictionary.com-0[/SUP][SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#cite_note-1[/SUP]) that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation"[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#cite_note-def-2[/SUP] or that indicates phenomena that are understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#cite_note-dictionary.com-0[/SUP][SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#cite_note-3[/SUP]

So people like David Icke have every right to share their theories like everyone else no matter how crazy it sounds according to that definition of Paranormal.

This is a radio show and forum about the paranormal . . .isn't it?

It is but you will be suprised at how much that pisses some folks off. :)

Angel is a good guy and I think he will one day maybe possibly see the holes in the old materialistic dogma of the uber skeptics. But, he may not. Anyway he is always willing to civily discuss and although I've asked him simaliar questions when I first talked with him I think I understand a little more where he is coming from. As for me I tend to agree with some of what you say. I would be absolutely miserable on a forum dedicated to atheism or all paranomal is bunk. I would have no interest what so ever. But, at the same time if somebody is interested in the "pop" or purly physcological aspects of the paranormal then this isn't a bad place to hang out. Get to know Angel and Trained and they will actually sharpen your game for you just by their polite but at times pointed skepticm. I sometime think of leaving this board myself and I'm not a disbeliever in the paranormal. But, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors and it's really, really hard to pin down. I can see why some would just call it a day and put it in the silly section. But, I have had just enough experience not to do that. So far. ;)<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

I wouldn't be opposed to a religious miracles show. It's not one of my favorite paranormal subjects, I'd still find it interesting.

I know the Paracast's main focus is on UFO/UAP's, but a change of pace sometimes is good. I mean there's a whole bunch of other topics I haven't heard covered since I started listening back in 2008, like Fortean phenomena, weird weather, falls of unusual stuff like frogs, fish, ice balls , or even ghosts. There's tons of stuff out there, all weird and extraordinary.

I guess it's hard to find someone who might be knowledgable in those areas and maybe have a scientific background or some sort of credentials to come on the show and talk about them.

You got me on that one. It was a silly comment and I really do not think he was paid to debunk.

I just wonder why a moderator would be mostly a "nonbeliever" of the paranormal in this particular forum. I realize there always has to be a devil's advocate but "good grief".

My question is for Angelo, what do you believe in? Are any of the topics aliens, remote viewing, energy manipulation (like magic), crystal skulls, etc. I already saw you do not believe in ghosts. Maybe you can just clear the air.

My second question is , what is a moderator's tasks? How did you get that designation? I am just curious.

Wikipedia definition of :
Paranormal is a general term (coined ca. 1915–1920) that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena that are understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.

So people like David Icke have every right to share their theories like everyone else no matter how crazy it sounds according to that definition of Paranormal.

None of the topics you mention are any that I "believe" in. I used to believe in all of them though, but then in the early to mid nineties, I started to realize there was no actual proof to any of them. By the time I started listening to the Paracast, the only things I had any interest in were UFOs and maybe hauntings. I still have interest in those topics, in that I think there's an interesting psychology to it. I definitely do not think the spirits of the dead haunt places. Extra-Terrestrials are more plausible, since the universe is vast and there should be other intelligent life out there. Are they visiting us? No proof exists that shows that, but who knows? I doubt it, but I could be wrong. With proper proof, I will have no problem accepting a theory.

UFOs are definitely real in the sense that people see something they can't identify. Beyond that, no one here can pretend to know exactly what they are. When they do, the BS detectors go off.
As you are relatively new to this forum, you will find that there are very few David Icke type believers here. Most people here are moderate believers, a few moderate skeptics, and a few James Randi/Michael Shermer type skeptics (guess which category I fall into). We mostly get along, unless 9/11 or global warming comes up, and even then, most people don't hold grudges.

As for being a moderator, after Paul Kimball left, Gene asked Ron and I to be moderators. We mostly do behind the scenes stuff like getting rid of SPAM, merging similar threads, and trying to take care of any requests forum members have when they come across a problem.

As for religious miracles, I'm Catholic (well, I grew up Catholic and know pretty much all there is to know about it), been to Sunday school, read (past tense) the bible, know all about Fatima, Lourdes, Garabandal, Padre Pio (my mother is a big fan of his and I grew up hearing stories about him),Pope John Paul II ( I was a fan of his, very progressive in terms of being a pope - he understood science, although I disagreed with his stance on birth control), etc.
I'd be interested in hearing a show about it even though I'm quite sure most are delusions and the fabrications of children. I say this after YEARS of growing up listening to stories about these miracles and know all there is to know about Catholicism.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

Back