• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Should THE PARACAST be renamed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh you cynical bastard ;)

Nick Redfern is in Texas I believe , I sent Dave and Gene that feedback , my name is also Nick, but I live in Canada and I have hair.
The only other thing that me and the most excellent Mr Redfern have in common is that we are both British.
Is it unusual for people in Canada to have hair?

This topic obviously has troll like qualities...and im not gonna follow mouses hardline, but just add some observations to the discussion here.

David, you are for the most part a great host that get things out of your guests that noone else can - and most the time you get the overall job done well (Gene too). But sometimes you come across in a way that can make people think you are too egotistic and nonchalant about it all...i had that sense the first couple episodes, but then it quickly went away. But i can still see once in a while how it comes up to the surface..on a particular bad day or whatever, which apparently is more than that for you at the moment. And i have to say that its true that lately there has been a bit much of moaning about the state of this and that, no doubt due to that.

At the same time you also bite the bait a bit too often when people are nagging you - you reply here on the forum, and discuss it in the introduction of the shows...and some people always take advantage of that kinda thing, cause they are weak-minded and can get a few easy attention points by getting you to respond.

Ignore the bastards, and get on with the show...you'll get the steam back again no doubt :)

My 2 cents.

I straight up love DB. He's the reason I tune in. I LIKE that he's controversial. I LIKE it when his frustration and complaints on the state of things surface. I LIKE it when he acknowledges his detractors. I eat all that shit up because its real. Its him being himself and I appreciate that.

I tried listening to other podcasts on this subject and it all sounded like a bunch of whacked out BS. This is the only one that brings a dose of sanity to the whole subject.

David, dont listen to any of these naysayers. Keep doing what your doing, how you naturally do it. And thanks to you and Gene for a podcast I look forward to hearing every week.

PS. Gene and DB together are a great mix.

I can't tell Dave and Gene apart. If by "rate" you mean "lie on my couch and eat large amounts of carbohydrates", then yes- I am ready to rate too.

David has the deeper, more sexy voice , Gene's while also extremely sexy , is ever-so slightly elevated in pitch.

David has the deeper, more sexy voice , Gene's while also extremely sexy , is ever-so slightly elevated in pitch.

Owlman, you're freaking me out talking like that. Just for that, here, look at this pic. :D

Tell me, why would anyone wear a backpack that small?

Oh, and Eye Bleach is on sale for $450 per bottle. Any orders?

Attachments

• smallbackpack.jpg
    smallbackpack.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
Let me just very fucking quickly say, that I'm a very VERY happily married man ! :eek:

PS. yeah..what a ridiculously tiny backpack !

I have only posted ONCE because in general the quality of the podcast was excellent...and constructive comments were not needed for a very long time..and David's rants have only been damaging to the enjoyment of the programs recently.

Okay, I'm confused ... I thought you were saying the Paracast is really The David Biedny Show, but for the past 3 and 3/4 years or so, "the quality of the podcast was excellent."

What are some specific examples from recent programs that prove whatever point you're trying to make? If anything, I've found that both Gene and David consistently show EXCEPTIONAL restraint in their interactions with guests ... yes, even recently.

Or are you just trying to be a jerk :rolleyes:

jerk-pic.jpg

Both hosts do an exceptional job. They ask VALID questions , and don't let some of these guests spew out a load of old bull , or if they do, they are quickly challenged on it, which I think is excellent, and sorely lacking in many esoteric podcasts .

You know mouse you won't get a lot of understanding here regarding your post. This is the David and Gene show as we have been told on many occasions, so really we have to suck it up. I agree with you about David, he can really piss me off too. I have switched off many times when he starts his political shit (regardless of where in the podcast), as if he knows what's what on the political stage. There are a lot of die hard liberals attached to this subject ufortunatly and they just love trashing conservative values. I say this and I'm not even an American, I'm Australian and I can see this. It's easy to sit back smoking shit and complain how corrupt the world is.

The fact is this show sometimes is really interesting. The problem lies in the fact that DB believes that he has an original perspective on this subject. You can here this when he continually interjects with "Now here is the thing". You know, please!

If there is one thing that really makes me happy it's the fact that those people he really hates in politics are doing so well among the ordinary people of America. I'm not talking about the liberal elete. He can't stand it. Go Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity! The fact is that the FOX network is number 1 and this just doesn't fit into his mental picture of the world as he sees it. Bad luck DB, you need to suck it up son.

Remember when he posted a thread that ranted 'anyone who listened to the next podcast would be banned'? That really showed how stable this personality is so we don't have much chance in swaying this person to give a shit about what we say about him. I noticed that the thread wasn't up for long. I think Gene must have reminded him that he no longer uses substances and maybee he should forget about the cigar shape he once saw in the sky. Or maybee it's got something to do with those people he sees materialise and disappear. I don't know but that was some good shit he was on once (or many times it appears).

Anyway just so you know DB, you have potential son, just shut the f@#k up about politics (becuase you come accross as a hard left hack as I'm sure you are however I wouldn't be advertising that fact. Real people laugh at you behind you back and then with a smirk tell you how true everything you say is). Just listen to what the guest has to say and then go to town on him if he deserves it. But always let him reply to your rebutle without interjecting with "Now here is the thing".

I'm ready for the flaming I will receive about this post. Just so you know I could care less. So go ahead if you must (as I'm sure you and your left freak hangers on will). If I had numerous encounters with the paranormal I would be a bit F@$ked up too. So really I don't blame you DB. You are doing the best that you can under the circumstances.:shy:

If David ever stops speaking his mind because of someone like you , I'll switch off.
The dynamic and chemistry the 2 hosts have , is why I fucking listen, and David Biedny and his opinions are a vital, vital part of it and the reason the show is so popular. How many hosts have the balls to stand up to their guests ...um...I really can't think of any.
What a patronizing and sanctimonious little post that was. Ughhhh :frown:

It's David and Gene's show, they can say what they like!!:)
Politics is as much a part of the UFO scene as it is in life. At risk of repeating the oft mentioned phrase, "If you don't like what he says, don't fucken listen!!!"

Ooo sorry mr birdman, thank you thinking that I care about why you listen to the show man!

I was replying to mouse about his post.

Did I ask anybody why they listen? I understand that some of you will defend the show as is, so what? My point and mouse's still stands.

AND by the way.. I don't fucken listen when he pisses me off! I switch it off and try again on the next show. So there. Do you really have to spew the old line "if you dont like it don't listen"? Gee how original and intelectual sounding you are.

This is a very good show. Probably the only one that gets close to irritating anyone trying to protect a coverup lol.

Always the right questions slowly nibbling at a truth your gut tells you is out there !!!

Good job !!

Ooo sorry mr birdman, thank you thinking that I care about why you listen to the show man!

I was replying to mouse about his post.

Did I ask anybody why they listen? I understand that some of you will defend the show as is, so what? My point and mouse's still stands.

AND by the way.. I don't fucken listen when he pisses me off! I switch it off and try again on the next show. So there. Do you really have to spew the old line "if you dont like it don't listen"? Gee how original and intelectual sounding you are.

LOL :rolleyes:

It is interesting that there are people accusing David of being far-left crazy in politics. From my perspective David (and Gene) are rather centrist in the UFO field politically and that is why I like their show.

They do not buy into the vast majority of conspiracy theories that most people on the forums believe in. This fact alone keeps the show from spinning out of control into the nutty camp of most in the UFO field. Yet they understand that there is an unavoidable crossover into politics and conspiracy realms because of the elusive nature of reliable information about UFOs.

If you are a listener who gets pissed because someone talks about political views that you don't agree with then I don't know what kind of shows make you happy. Would you prefer to hear things that only reaffirm your existing world views? Maybe it's better to hear things that make you think and challenge your belief system.

It is interesting that there are people accusing David of being far-left crazy in politics. From my perspective David (and Gene) are rather centrist in the UFO field politically and that is why I like their show.

They do not buy into the vast majority of conspiracy theories that most people on the forums believe in. This fact alone keeps the show from spinning out of control into the nutty camp of most in the UFO field. Yet they understand that there is an unavoidable crossover into politics and conspiracy realms because of the elusive nature of reliable information about UFOs.

If you are a listener who gets pissed because someone talks about political views that you don't agree with then I don't know what kind of shows make you happy. Would you prefer to hear things that only reaffirm your existing world views? Maybe it's better to hear things that make you think and challenge your belief system.

David and Gene both project being very Progressive and for you to not recognize that is a poor observation on your part IMO. I don't say that as some "insult" either but a simple observation which I am sure both of them would likely agree on. It's not calling them "libtards" or anything some dumb Neo-Con would do either, just an honest observation of their poltical leanings.

That said, while I don't agree with them on that leaning being a Libertarian, it doesn't mean I take issue with their politics. I actually respect some of the left and share their hate of the FOX NEWS Neo-Con right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back