• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Should THE PARACAST be renamed ?

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse1701

Paranormal Novice
I have tolerated many podcasts where David Biedny insisted on making an overly long monologue..the guest was hardly able to get a word in edgewise..it is not just one podcast, it is creeping into almost all of them..with the guest lucky to get a word in sideways. It started slowly from the first podcast, and has now become a long, boring, drawn out and painful monopolization of the guest's time. It is very frustrating to hear someone try to expound on an idea..when he is hijacked and David's rant starts for several minutes. The guest is derailed..the topic has become disjointed, and the enjoyment factor has dissipated.

We all know David's opinion on things and nothing he states is new, I realize the podcast is a platform for people to speak their minds, but must he hog the bandwidth every single week? I thought the guest was supposed to be in the spotlight with the hosts facilitatiing the process.

I have timed the shows over the past two months..each time..David has taken over the conversation..expounding his opinions over and over..and only a fraction of the time was taken by the guest to express his opinions, views and experiences..perhaps we could return to the format that makes this podcast enjoyable..and david could start a new podcast..a solo project where he can hear the sound of his own voice ad nauseum (if anyone cares to listen). The high pitched "trickster" voice he uses sounds like a man who has a severe mental disability..although meaning to be humorous, it falls flat like a lead balloon.

I hate to sound mean, but it seems David is repeating himself over and over like a broken record, or TV re-run. Let us enjoy the guests for a change. Gene on the other hand, seems to be the host with the manners, allowing a guest to have his say, regardless of what that might be. He does not monopolize the podcast and if hosting solo would allow the listeners to truly hear the full extent of the ideas the guest has to offer.

Grow up David, I don't mind give and take, and I don't mind you challenging a questionable guest. What I do mind is the David Biedny Show when I thought I was listening to THE PARACAST.

I am not a great fan of George Noory on Coast to Coast, but when I have tuned in, I find he at least allows his guest the priviledge of speaking without interruption. George rarely goes into a rant/monologue when the guest has the airtime. David might be critical of George, but George at least has manners.

Then you must be listening to a different Paracast than I am. Your fractions are way off. I would guess each guest gets 1:45 to spout his theories and David might talk for a whopping ten minutes total.

What I find interesting is that here comes mouse, makes a total 'contribution' of one (count 'em: 1) post and feels the need to spout off like this.

If you don't like the show, fella, I'll tell you what I'll do for you. I will refund all the money you spent on subscription fees here. That's a deal for ya. If you prefer George Snoory, why not GO THERE and stay away from here. Nobody wants to listen to your crap here.

I have only posted ONCE because in general the quality of the podcast was excellent...and constructive comments were not needed for a very long time..and David's rants have only been damaging to the enjoyment of the programs recently.

I don't blather on a forum constantly to see my name in print as no doubt you do.

Infrequent on topic posts are more time efficient than simple minded blathering. If you don't agree fine, I however find an average of 5 minutes on each opening episode when David spouts off before the guest is introduced (not counting each hour he takes over the conversation and we are treated to his dulcet tones).

I have tried skipping forward to get beyond David's tirades, but frequently I hit the 'breaks' (another blissful respite from his tirades). The content is intriguing in general, but at times lost by the ramblings of an egotistical host who simply does not know when to shut up. I think you and David share this "quirk" of personality.

A fan of George Noory? No, I am not, on rare occasions I have tuned in to his programs, but I do not really know much about him or his habits.

However, to give him fair dues he does behave in a respectful way to his guests. Whether or not he agrees with the guests, I don't care, as long as respect is given. He does not cut them off, does not overtake the conversation and does not go off on wild tangent to amaze us with his use of vocabulary.

I tune in to all the "paranormal" style podcasts, I believe there is room for all of them, and all have merit in one way or another, as long as they are taking an approach..and not sliding down hill into a shameless attempt self promotion.

BTW such an "eloquent" posting as you have made, tells me you are either and unsophisticated adolescent, or an ill-educated adult. At any rate, not worthy of further discourse from me.

Have a pleasant day.

hey mouse i will double your money back. :rolleyes:
an easy fix for you is to quit listening to one of the best podcasts on the internet.

mouse1701 we hardly knew ye. i give you about one day before you are banned.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but people with sincere motives generally express those opinions in polite terms, and when they fear they can't, they keep them to themselves and go elsewhere. To me, this just looks like a bid to bait David, and possibly, other Paracast forum members, into losing their cool. You're not the first, you won't be the last, and it's getting very boring now.

The answer is simple. If you don't like the show format, don't listen. I've had the pleasure of being a guest on The Paracast. The David Biedny you refer to, bears no resemblance to the person who interviewed me. You obviously have too much time on your hands, if you've nothing better to do than try to ignite a flame war.

It's OK, everyone has an opinion.

You don't like the show, don't listen to it. That simple. You like Noory's style? The man is an ignorant dolt, if that's what you're looking for in a host, this is the wrong show for you.

I have too much other shit in life right now to get bothered by this piddly noise. Thanks to those of you defending me, I appreciate it. And, OP, just one other thing - to try and infer what you have about Schuyler, is to put your ignorance on a gaudy display.

dB

I've listened to the show since it began and yes, of course, David does go off on rants from time to time. I doubt he'd disagree with that. But I don't think they hog the amount of airtime you're describing. Sounds like you're having a reaction to his personality, and fair enough, he's kind of polarizing. You wouldn't be the first to come here and complain. I would say, though, you could do it with a little more civil spirit.

And incidentally, David does have another podcast for his rants! Someone can correct me, but I think it's called The Angry Human.
You most certainly should avoid that one! ;)

A fan of George Noory? No, I am not, on rare occasions I have tuned in to his programs, but I do not really know much about him or his habits.

However, to give him fair dues he does behave in a respectful way to his guests. Whether or not he agrees with the guests, I don't care, as long as respect is given. He does not cut them off, does not overtake the conversation and does not go off on wild tangent to amaze us with his use of vocabulary.

I'd rather have a host cut off a guest and question them about something than let them fill the airwaves with a nonsense filibuster. Noory just let's his guests say whatever the hell they want, ... and that's fine, I just don't want to listen. And I don't.

So, ... in turn, if you don't like it, just turn it off. Some people have problems with David or Gene or any other host of any radio show. That's fine. No one is as perfect as you would have them be. If you think you would be better, then start your own damn show. You have to take the good with the bad, but my position is there is a lot of good in this show.

I don't like the commercials, but I don't start a thread bitching about it. I just take my finger and press FF. It takes a little practice but I do pretty well now. You probably could too.

While we know David's position on certain aspects of UFO's, the guests don't. So in any given week he may state the same thing he has before because he is trying to clarify his position to someone who doesn't know.

Either way, it's pretty simple. The show is free. You can listen the way it is, fast forward parts, or stop listening. Or you could start your own show and hope to acquire the same guest list as the Paracast. Seems to me you would rather stir the pot for whatever reason. I would bet Pixelsmith is right though.

i too have listened to every show since it began. david is one of the reasons i originally came to the paracast. we do not always see eye to eye but i still wouldnt miss an episode.

Meanwhile, here's the kind of feedback we get practically every day. This one arrived today...

---------------

Just wanted to thank you both for continuing to be the best podcast on the internet today. I can't tell you how entertaining you guys are.

The Nick Redfern interview was a wonderful listen, and I can't wait for Don talking about the Moon in the upcoming edition. One of my favorite subjects.

Just thank you thank you thank you.

Don't ever quit.

Cheers
Nick

I, for one, listen precisely for the reason you posted. I enjoy the hosts. I do not appreciate incessant pandering to a guest. I don't appreciate interviewers that act like the guest is their best friend.

I prefer a podcast that has a) intelligent, well spoken hosts and b) actually does ask pertinent questions to their guests.

There are a few podcasts which I listen to that "claim" to ask hard questions but do not. When I get sick of listening to them...I simply hit a few buttons and voila! I'm not listening to them anymore.

It doesn't take a technologist to know that technology is amazing.

The most newsworthy thing in this thread, in my opinion, is the goofy coincidence that someone named Nick wrote in to say how much he enjoyed listening to the recent interview with Nick. Heh, made me chuckle. :p

I think the original poster is way off- I don't feel that David hogs the show at all. Yes, he'll often challenge the guest more than most interviewers might do, but that's a good thing in my book (and I suspect, a large chunk of their listenership).

You'd what to have some balls to slang of a person who has created a show that exists nowhere else that I'm aware of. And I'm not even American or bias to my view here. David is entitled to discuss what he believes, he is a human being and person who has witnessed the paranormal with his own eyes. Most of the Guests and no offence are speaking from a stance of research and learning.I personally like Hearing David's opinions on a topic, not because I'd agree with everything, but was he said by him was intelligent and not far removed from reality.
Stop listening if you don't like the format go elsewhere. There is plenty of show's that follow the model that you like. Life does not start or end on the internet my friend.

I think you need to grow up and stop complaining until you have a valid reason to complain. I'm usually very civil and calm in real life, but sometimes you have to put your opinion down on paper or on internet as it is here, when your opinion differs to the original poster of the thread.

Where not entitled to anything from David or Gene. Me and most of us don't even know or have ties to the hosts. There not your personal friends. Hopefully you might gain friendship through your thoughts and feelings about the subject, and maybe gain closer links through other means of communication. All well and good. But people are forming opinions like this person mouse, as if there is some right and obligation to that person being heard. Anyway enough said.

Ahhhhh let's see.... the last time I looked I seem to recall that the show belongs to Gene and David. And I guess that means they can do whatever they want.

If someone does not like this shows format then I believe we should encourage them to go start their own.

Ahhhhh let's see.... the last time I looked I seem to recall that the show belongs to Gene and David. And I guess that means they can do whatever they want.

If someone does not like this shows format then I believe we should encourage them to go start their own.
Something about the fact that it's our sandbox. We invite everyone, but we make the rules. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back